UK Bans the American Bully XL

FataMorgana

Deckel Edged
After a spate of attacks here. Is it the dogs though or the fucking imbeciles that own them?

I think it's the latter. Opinions?

Are your dog laws strict in the USA?

No they aren't. Pit bulls are bad enough here. Bred from terriers and a bulldog breed they are powerful, smart and have a strong hunting instinct. They can be a real handful for the average dog owner. Take one of those and breed it to an Staffershire Terrier and you get your Bully XL. A dog of incredible strength, stamina and the jaw strength to inflict massive damage. Add a dog aggression issue and it can be a nightmare. It's a combination of breeding and owners that have no idea they have invited a canine crocodile into their home.

Yea i think the issue is mostly with owners when it cones to dogs. Treating them like an accessory a fashion item or status symbol instead of making them part of your family.

Not helped by unscrupulous breeders who are in some cases breeding for size and aggression.

And of course as red said small dicked chavs or theircequivelents have a lot to answer for

They tried it here and it was short lived.
Quebec abandons plans for pit bull ban, citing lack of science to back breed-specific laws. In justifying the reversal, the Quebec government cited the dismal results and difficulties enforcing the 2005 pit bull ban enacted in Ontario.

They tried it here and it was short lived.
Quebec abandons plans for pit bull ban, citing lack of science to back breed-specific laws. In justifying the reversal, the Quebec government cited the dismal results and difficulties enforcing the 2005 pit bull ban enacted in Ontario.
Might be the same here. Sunak flew into action today as another bloke just died after an attack.

Seems like the natural progression following a ban on hand guns. Forks are probably next. :)

It's the idiots
There aren't laws here restricting the breed, but I know in my homeowners insurance that I have to inform them if I get a pit bull so that they can jack up my rates... as if I'm not paying those bastards enough monthly already.

Rots are the same way. Either giant cuddly bears or Cujo.

Can we ban those small dogs with an inferiority complex than look like blond pubic hair on legs? They're dangerous too - they make me want to shoot their dumbass owners. Nope, never been walked: Covid pets.

As for the big ugly tyre-biting dogs: it's the people but isn't that what they say about guns?

I think the point is that while a snappy and aggressive little Jack Russell owned by a dickhead isn't physically capable of inflicting much more than a nasty bite, a 12 stone machine designed and bred for violence is a different matter.

I mean if an average human needs to defend themselves from a homicidal Jack Russell, it's possible and if it comes to it, most people could destroy a small dog. But a dog bred for size and strength is a different matter. 12 fucking stones of fit, aggressive dog with mincing machine jaws, not many people this side of Chuck Norris are going to match that.

I'm not anti bull terrier or work dog breeds per se. I have friends with Staffies who can prove they're giant softies, and my mum had Dobermans and Rottweilers who were the same, but those dogs still had the same bred-in protective instinct and could cut up nasty if provoked the wrong way.

It is about the owners end of the day. Dogs are pack animals and if the owner (their alpha pack leader) is demonstrating asshole behaviour, the dog's going to reflect that.

Seems like the natural progression following a ban on hand guns. Forks are probably next. :)
Wrong. Inanimate objects like guns, knives or forks don't have agency. Without a human wielding them they're inert chunks of inorganic matter.

Dogs are trained by people and if trained or bred for aggression, they will be independently aggressive.

Wrong. Inanimate objects like guns, knives or forks don't have agency. Without a human wielding them they're inert chunks of inorganic matter.

Dogs are trained by people and if trained or bred for aggression, they will be independently aggressive.
Not sure what point you're trying to make. Canines are naturally aggressive as shown by Coyotes and Wolves. If a domesticated dog doesn't have that human companionship that keeps them cuddly, they will revert to their instincts.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Canines are naturally aggressive as shown by Coyotes and Wolves. If a domesticated dog doesn't have that human companionship that keeps them cuddly, they will revert to their instincts.
The point should be bloody obvious. Left to itself a gun, or knife or fork doesn't do shit all unless in the hands of a human. A dog is a semi-independent animal with some agency, it can be bred or upbrought to be a sweetheart or to be its naturally aggressive hunter.

My son just gave up on a rescue whippet because it couldn't have its chasing instinct trained out, and he has guinea pigs and rats as pets too, and the dog wasn't made to coexist with the likes of small rodents. Got a Labrador pup instead, which will be a far more trainable breed as well as coexisting from pup age so more malleable.

My city had a ban on pit bulls. It was panic folder by the ancient council. They are also, into banning any books they deem "bad". The ban lasted a few years, then there was a push to reinstate the animals. The people won, surprisingly, and they are now allowed. They had no reason for the ban in the first place, there haven't been any documented attacks in the area. There have been many attacks by the little dogs the fuckers own. I have met several pits, they were sweethearts, but they were also raised by good people..

If I'm behind any ban, it's dogs in the fucking grocery stores! I get it, if you're blind or need the dog to help you do things, but tiny dogs, yipping and slobbering all over the apples is insane. Not that the apples weren't loaded with pesticides and stay fresh chemicals already.

Back