Tigrans' Revenge IC

You're FIRED!

His words replayed in her mind “This is a fight of good against evil. Fight them with this knowledge … and your courage will not fail.” Jonz had told her. He had been right. Sanura mind focused sharper as her feet picked up speed running through the graveyard.

She heard more feet running near her … and the scratching sound of bug claws on the hard ground. More shadow demons chasing someone or something. She turned a corner … and saw dimly in the moonlight Jonz. The massive dragon man running right at her … in a smooth movement he grabbed her arm and vectored her into a narrow pathway.

"GO!" was on the only word he spoke.

She blasted on more speed … and quickly outdistanced him. She heard a slash of his great sword followed by the crashing of a stinger. “That’s number 4 …” Sanura said to herself. As she reached the slight indention area, Jonz’s trap, she could not see the slick sap in the low light but she knew it was there.

“Over here” a voice called out from the opposite side of where she was standing. It was Aziza. Sanura sprinted around sap area so as not to get any on her … there was almost no time to talk.

“Jonz has got the rest of them hot on his heels … He’ll be here any second …” Sanura gasped.

Aziza nodded calmly and said “Let them come … I have a plan. You stay here and hide.” Aziza ordered as she walked right into the middle of the sap area. Jonz burst into the clearing followed by the hoard of shadow demons and one stinger.

Aziza waved to him to join her in the middle of the clearing. There was a slight hesitation in his steps, but he saw the twinkle of impish, mischievousness in Aziza’s eyes and knew she had a plan.

“We make our stand here … we die together.” Aziza said aloud as Jonz ran into the middle of the trap.

“I hope you know what you are doing!” He whispered as the two stood back to back. Soon they were surrounded by the shadow demons. The demons closed in… tightening the circle so there would be no breaking out this time. The stinger landed on a nearby crypt roof top watching and waiting. The large demon hung back and spoke to the two.

“So brave … yet so foolish.” He said to Jonz. “Arrows!” He ordered to the elite shadow demons. The demon pulled out their crossbows.

Aziza whisper to Jonz, “Give me access to the gem, I gave you, but keep it around your neck. Oh … and follow the demon commander’s orders TO THE LETTER!” She said with a giggle as she slipped the ring of iron skin on her finger. Jonz could not figure out what Aziza was up to … but pulled out the gem and swung it around to his back so she could grab it, which she did. He had some magical spells incase whatever she was planning did not work.

“Demon … This Draconian is not involved in our conflict … let him go … I shall surrender to you” Aziza offered. Jonz was about to countermand that statement, but he did not need too.

Jurlic smiled at the small female tigran “Fool … we were sent here to KILL YOU … there will be no surrendering!” He said in disgust “Prepare to FIRE” Jurlic ordered his demon troops, as crossbow were raised to their shoulders.

“Ok” Jonz whispered a big smile on his dragon face … now understanding Aziza comment about following the demon commander’s orders, but how were both of them going to survive the resulting fire?

“FIRE!!” the demon commander ordered and Jonz complied. He could have released a fireball, but instead decided to cough up a massive jet of dragon fire. It has a hotter flame than a magical fireball.

The dragon fire worked well, almost too well, as the flame lite up the night. The highly flammable sap acted like high octane gasoline at this temperature and the whole clearing went up in flames in almost a second. At the same time … Aziza had said a single word “ARENA” and Jonz body, armor, and weapons disappeared into a small pile of sand.

The arrows which made it through the inferno bounced off Aziza's iron skin as did the flames. She was in a small bit of discomfort as her skin heated. Her skin was iron so under it was still flesh had the flame continued too long she would have died, but the sap brunt out almost as quickly as it had started. She was surpirsed that Jonz could breath fire like a real dragon! Draconian were an amazing race.

As the flames died down, all the demon soldiers were dead. They were now just smoking piles of exoskeletons. The exception was the large commander demon and the stinger on the roof top. There was a fury in the commander’s eyes as it SCREAMED and ran toward Aziza. Aziza tried to block the blow with her war pick but she was not an expert swords women. The demon commander avoided the block and slammed his sword into her … there was a large “CLANK” of metal on metal … but this time Aziza iron skin was cut deeply and blood spray out of her arm.

Aziza knew she was in trouble, she yelled to the pile of sand “Jonz … speak the word …. REVERTETUR” as the demon commander took another swing at her.

Meanwhile

The stinger on the roof had seen Sanura hiding between the crypts near the clearing when the fire had lite up the night. It took off and head right for the human/tigran halfbreed with a wicked grin on its bug like face. This time the female would feel the bite of its stinger!!

Last edited:
Jonz shoved Aziza out of the way of the swing, the blade biting into his arm and stopped on the bone. Jonz swiped at the commander with his claws, the tips actually digging into the exoskeleton, the impact sending the commander reeling backwards. Jonz followed, holding up both hands, releasing two explosive fireballs and at the same instant breathing a torrent of fire right into the commander's face.

"REVERTETUR"

His armor and weapons reverted back to their original form and as magic goes, they appeared back on his person. He slammed a fist into the super heated face of the commander, then turned, drew his short sword and threw it. Years of using weapons and his power allowed the sword to act as a usual throwing knife. It buried itself into the Stinger's head, killing it instantly.

Fire erupted along his back, with a roar of anger he turned back to the commander, smoke was still rising from it's ruined face, his mandibles was useless, but the hate in it's remaining eye was clear as day. Jonz met the next sword stroke with his own blade, the two adversaries started to parry, thrust, cut, hack and slash. Fists, elbows, knees and feet came into play as well, then the commander made the mistake of trying to overpower Jonz.

It grabbed hold of Jonz' arm, Jonz grabbed hold of it's arm, they both struggled for dominance, a stream of fire from Jonz' mouth smashed into the commander's face, his grip lessened, Jonz plucked his arm free and buried his blade deep into the commander's heart. Jonz gave a slight cough and stumbled away from the commander, his hand trying desperately to pull the dagger from his side where the commander's last ditch attack had lodged it. The body of the commander crashed lifelessly to the ground behind Jonz

Gilly's Silence

Gilly knew that Jola and Scar were both waiting for her to say why she hated the demon bugs, but she didn’t, well not in the way they did. She hated that they were just killing people because they didn’t like their answers, similar to how those guards killed her family. The reason she chose to stay in this city was because she heard the king was fair and always listened to both sides of the story before passing a sentence on someone. Sure, Gilly was a thief and would steal occasionally, but only things she needed to survive and stuff others wouldn’t really miss. There were many opportunities to steal money and jewels, but she didn’t need them. Some food and the occasional clothing or blankets was all she needed. There were even times she didn’t need food because she would go out and hunt to keep her skills sharp. She wouldn’t kill just for the sport, she only killed that in which she would use the whole thing. She did run down and catch deer from time to time, but that was to keep her running and climbing skills sharp, she always let the deer go because it was too big of an animal for her to use the whole thing. Still, she couldn’t, wouldn’t, tell this to Jola and Scar, they would think she was crazy, who hunts and doesn’t kill? Who steals but leaves behind money and jewels? They just wouldn’t understand why she was a thief if she was picky on what she was stealing. So she sat there and said nothing.

The Shadow Creatures Attack!!

The Queen had agreed to the adjustments suggested by Talon Leader Mirri and Deson to the plan. The first part of the plan was for everyone to get some rest within the jungle. This would allow them to move at night. Tigran with their cat eyes could move at night with easy. They just needed some light such as that given off by the moon in a quarter state or fuller, which was available for the next week.

The queen retired to her tent … and many of the fighters and citizens rested. But not everyone in the camp could rest. The blacksmiths for example could use this time to go use. They had started two hot fires in a clearing away from the main camp to repair damaged weapons and armor from the battle. Talon Leader Mirri had rested that morning but in the afternoon had gone over to check on the progress of the repairs. She found Kowstrap, a big tiger tigran blacksmith hard at work banging out a large dent in a helm … with his assistant a leopard tigran named Regi working the bellows to increase the temperature of the fire.

“Talon Leader” The blacksmith said gruffly and saluted with the hand that held his blacksmith hammer. Sweat was dripping from his face as this was hard hot work. “Welcome to the firepits” He added.

Mirri saluted back and smiled at the blacksmith “Kowstrap … how are things going?” She asked him.

“You need to train your fighters not to damage all their gear … We have made some progress … but these tailless soldiers break their equipment faster than I can fix it.” He grumbled. Mirri could see a large pile of repaired equipment … so knew progress had been good.

She also knew Kowstrap was a complainer and would complain when the sky was blue. But Kowstrap was the best and just need a little bit of positive re-enforment to continue working hard. Mirri handed him a jug of Tigran Whiskey. “Here … you and the others have earned this” She said.

“Aye … this is thirsty work … thank you commander” Kowstrap said as his bad mood was replaced with joy. He wasted no time and pulled off the cork from the jug and took a swig.

All of a sudden, although there was neither sound nor any movement, Mirri felt something evil approaching. Her body instantly became alert. Her eyes grew wider she did not move but listened to every noise the jungle was making. Her heart beat faster

“What is wrong Talon Leader?” Kowstrap asked noticing her alertness. After a few moments nothing seemed to happen and she prepared to relax.

She started to laugh because she somehow just scared herself “Nothing … I guess I’m just jumpy” to said to Kowstrap.

When she felt a sword bite into her arm … followed by evil laugher.

“AGHHH” She cried out … drawing her weapons … but there was nothing to fight. There was no one to battle yet blood spilled from her arm. Mirri heart slammed in her chest, her body was prepared to fight, but she could find nothing to engage.

Suddenly her other arm was cut … and there was more evil laugher.

Kowstrap was looking for where the laugher was coming from … and who was attacking the talon leader. “Talon Leader … I see nothing … who is attacking … what kind of evil magic is this?” He asked.

Both of Mirri forelimbs hurt but she could still fight … she swung her sword around trying to stab at the invisible attacker.

“You can’t fight me like that” a ghastly voice said. The voice was cold like death … frozen in an evil chill.
Mirri was not in a full panic ... but she was close.

“Show yourself” She asked it.

There was more laugher “The next attack will be at your chest … I shall stab you through the chest and you will be dead. The resistance movement over … it will be so sad” The voice explained.

Her heart beating wildly, Mirri spun around trying to find the voice. Still nothing but something caught her eye, something was not right. Then she saw it. A shadow on the ground where one should not be. With her heart beating loudly enough for her to hear she yelled “Got YOU!!” and she threw a dagger at the shadow on the ground. The dagger stuck in the ground but the creature laughed.

“That does not work against me … FOOL … now get ready to DIE!!” the creature said as the shadow with a sword like weapon out moved toward Mirri!!

Jonz

“And that is 5!” Sanura said as Jonz short sword pinned the flying bug head to the wall of the crypt. Then she saw Jonz fall over and rushed over to him, Aziza also came running.

“JONZ!” Both of the girls cried out.

But the dragonman did not respond

Aziza took charge of the situation, rolling the big draconian on his back. She found the dagger and pulled it out. Then she stopped the blood flowing out of the wound with a ripped cloth from her own clothing. “I need bandages … and boiled water … quickly” She said to Sanura.

Sanura ran off back to their base camp to get the requested supplies. Meanwhile, Aziza worked to remove Jonz leather armor, found the deep arm cut and stem the bleeding from the dagger in his side, at least as much as possible.

Sanura was back quickly with better bandage material and the clean water. “We need to clean the wounds and bandage them tightly. You treat his arm … I’ll work on his side.” Aziza said.

Sanura looked at her “How do you know so much about healing and treating wounds?” She asked.

“I developed some basic skills when I went into the rougher parts of Ardalis to heal people.” Aziza explained. “But everything I know is very basic… these are bad wounds … but draconians are very tough. I hope Jonz is tough enough” She said with a worried expression on her face.

Deson woke from his seated position, he had sat down to rest for a few moments, it had been close to dawn, now the first rays of sunlight poked through the trees. What had woken him? He sensed the movement, slid from the chair just as a gash rended the wood, an angred hiss followed. Deson knew a shadow assassin when he met one, it wasn't the first time. He looked about, movement...he threw up an arm to ward off the attack. His shadow met that of the assailant, it hissed in anger once more,

"You have no armor knight!"

Deson didn't even bother to reply, instead he kept his eyes on the shadow and at the same time searched for a weapon. The rest of the tent was asleep, the wounded needed their rest, they held no weapons. Only then his mind managed to shake the sleep from itself and he drew his dagger, the shadow assassin laughed,

"You know it doesn't work on me!"

Deson smiled coldly,

"Look at my shadow."

His shadow was there, but there was no dagger in it's hand, too late the assassin understood, Deson thrust the dagger forward, a loud scream of pain cut short as the blessed blade cut into the realm of the shadow assassin and killing it. Deson took a breath and lowered his weapon, then fear clutched his heart,

"The Queen!"

He pushed the tent flap aside and set off running

Mirri

Mirri was in trouble. Both her arms were cut and bleeding badly, and she had no knowledge of how to defend against her foe, let alone how to defeat it. She thought hard even as it came at her with it's blade. Wait it was shadow, so where couldn't a shadow exist. She dived aside and heard a hiss of anger behind her.

"Well done Talon leader, at least you have made it more fun for me. Now let us see how long you can keep it up."

Mirri looked around frantically searching for what she needed but she was in the wrong area. She took off running and heard laughing behind her but she made it to her target. She had spotted the shadow of a large tree she could easily stand in and it was only getting bigger as the sun came up. She turned and saw the shape of something vaguely humanoid on the ground carrying a sword in each hand at the edge of the shadow.

"Clever Tigran, very clever, but I can wait and next time I will not play with you."

Mirri raised her sword at the shape preparing to roar out her defiance and the sun glinted off it and slashed across it's shoulder. The thing cried out in pain and one of it's swords vanished. Mirri grinned and began reflecting the light through the shadow as it lay screaming on the ground. She mercilessly cut it to ribbons before it drifted apart with a wail, then she collapsed to the ground as Kowstrap ran towards her. Before he got there she had passed out.

Gilly, Jola, and Scar

The three sat in silence, until Jola stuck out her hand palm downward.

“I hereby pledge myself, as a condition of this Fellowship, to kill, burn, squish, disembowel, dismember, mutilate, and tear limb from limb as many shadow demons as possible. I pledge to pursue the removal of all shadow demons from our planet. I promise to send them back to their dimension with as much pain and anguish as possible at the cost of my body and soul. I further pledge to affirm and support my fellows … in this social contract for the good of this community and the planet!” Jola said.

Scar added his paw on top of Jola's saying “Without breakin' mah vow tae th' queen. i hereby pledge myself, as a condition ay thes fellowship, tae kill, burn, squish, disembowel, dismember, mutilate, amd tear limb from limb as many shadaw demons as possible. Ah pledge tae pursue th' removal ay aw shadaw demons frae uir planet. Ah trust tae send them back tae their dimension wi' as much pain an' anquish as possible at th' cost ay mah body an' sool. Ah further pledge tae affirm an' support my fellows … in thes social contract fur th' guid ay thes community an' th' planet!”

Then Gilly added her hand to the group and also stated the pledge.

“Now that we are all "fellows"" Jola said with a naughty smile crossing her lips “NOTHING could love anything as ugly as you … Scar!” She joked. Scar and Gilly both laughed along.

“Aye … but at least I walk … and t donan slither!” Scar said back to Jola. All of them were laughing now ... as this was a good natured kidding of creature in the fellowship.

The others join in

It was at this moment, while they were all laughing … Capt’n, Throgram, Tia, and Felina returned to the hide out. Jola and Scar helped to pull them into the house. A few towels were provided and the new comers started to dry up. Felina gave Scar, Jola, and Gilly a quick report.

“It was bad out there … 4 times we almost got caught. One time it was close, but Capt’n was killed our attackers. The bugs are really after us … and I would not be surprised if they increased the patrols even more tomorrow night.” Felina explained.

“What does your poster say?” Jola asked.

Felina handed Jola two different posters, then she notices the three, Scar, Jola, and Gilly, all sitting together and happy. “Hey … what happened to you three?”

“Nothing” they all said at once and spread apart, smiles off their faces.

Felina just giggled “The monk had made a long poster and a short one.” Felina explained. Jola read the short poster first.

WHERE IS KING GOLDENMANE?
Everything the bugs tell you is a lie!
RESIST THE BUGS!
FO-R​

Then she read the second poster:

First they caused an earthquake … and I did nothing.
Then they killed the imperial garrison … and I did nothing.
Then they killed the King and Queen … and I did nothing.
Then they polluted the air … and I did nothing.
Then they sent everyone to the mines … and I did nothing.
Then they came for me … and there was no one left to do something.

Have courage, have honor …Do something!!
RESIST THE BUGS!!
FO-R​

“These are great” Jola said handing the posters to Scar to read. “What does the FO-R mean?”

Felina’s eye looked down for a moment “I had a good friend named Fopelo … a fellow potter. We all called her “Fo” for short. She tried to resist the bugs on the first day. They killed her. I named my resistance to the bugs after her … FO-Revenge or FO-R for short."

“I’m sorry to hear about Fopelo’s death. It sounds like she was very brave.” Jola said everyone was silent for a moment.

Then Jola looked to everyone “We need to move … the bugs know we are near the river and they will be searching everything near the river soon. I suggest we wake the others and pack everything up. Does anyone have a good idea where to move our hiding spot?”

Shella

Shella shot up in her bed, sweat dripped down her forehead and her chest heaved. She did not know what had awoken her … maybe it was a nightmare … maybe something else, but whatever it was it had had felt real and evil.

She ran her hand through her short female lion mane hair. She blinked several times before looking around the small tent. Everything looked normal but the remnants of the fear still clung to her. She shoved herself out of bed. She was naked as this was the easiest way to sleep in the jungle during the heat of the day. She walked over to her small night stand and the small hand mirror that was propped up on it. She stared into the mirror and looked at her face. She was still beautiful, at least she thought so, but there were clearly signs of the stress she was under in her face. The strain of leading the Tigran people could be seen.

“Oh Leo, why did you have to be the hero? You should have escape into the forest and lead the resistance movement. You were their king!” She said to herself. That feeling of evil had returned oozing into the small tent. Shella looked and saw movement reflected in the mirror. A shadow appeared on the tent wall behind her. The thing was large and had cold, icy blue eyes that stared at her back. It drew its weapon and got ready to thrust it into her back.

Shella gasped and twisted away at the last second. The shadow blade gliding over the small night stand doing no damage … but Shella notice the shadow did not cross the face of the small mirror. There was so little room in the tent, there was almost no place for Shella to go, as she was now wedged against the tent side and the small night stand.

“What are you?” She asked in a panic as the shadow nightmare approached her. Her hand was on the small mirror and she grabbed it as the shadow cornered her … and loomed over her. Her breathing was rapid as she got ready to run through the creature to exit the tent. But she would need to run through the shadow creature's blade and did not know what might happen. That was when the evil thing spoke.

"Hello Shella, Queen of the Tigrans" its voice dripped with malice. The sound of that voice almost made her heart stop. The voice had the feeling of icy water sliding down her spine, but she fought hard not to let her courage fail. She faced the creature as she looked for her weapons; she spied them in the corner of her tent. This gave her a semblance of security but the shadow laughed “those weapons can’t hurt me” the shadow said and for some reason she knew it spoke the truth.

The shadow prowled closer to her … like a wolf stalking a small fawn. Shella felt as though she would faint from fear when the shadow’s face was inches from hers. It took its blade out and she felt the tip of the weapon trace a line on her shoulder. Blood came out of her shoulder as she felt her skin open to the shadow blade.

“I enjoy toying with my victims” The shadow stated “but it is important that you die.” The tension in the air thickened. “With your death, the resistance of the tigrans people is over!” The shadow stated.

Shella did not dare to look away from the creature’s icy, sadistic blue eyes. But she felt someone else had entered the tent, it was the human knight and he was being as quiet as a mouse. But the shadow creature knew he was there.

“It is too late … even if you strike me down … I will kill the queen first” the shadow told the knight as it aimed its weapon at Shella’s heart.

Shella had the small mirror in her hand, could she move it in front of the shadow’s blade fast enough to reflect the blade away from her. The shadow stuck with the blade just as Shella got the mirror in the way ... the shadow blade was reflected and cut the shadow creature itself!! The creature screamed in pain ... The shadow blade had cut into the thing's leg ... that was enough for Shella to slip under the shadow creature's arm and get free. She saw Deson moving forward with his holy weapon as the shadow creature turned to face him.

The shadow merged into the shadows, Deson looked around him, then at the queen,

"Make sure that your shadow stays in shadow, do not move once you are in a shadow."

He kept looking around, there was no movement, the shadow was clearly waiting as it must have sensed the power of the dagger. There was movement outside the tent,

"Don't come in! Stay outside!"

He looked at the queen,

"If they open the flap light will come in and change the shadows!"

The queen called out then, ordering the others to remain outside, Deson almost saw the movement too late and turned away, slashing with his dagger at the empty air, a cry of pain came from the attacker as it slid back into the shadows. Deson slowly moved to the washing basin, dipping his fingers into the water he started to chant the blessing, from the shadows the demon laughed,

"Blessed water can not harm me knight, the two of you will not leave this tent alive."

Deson ignored the shadow and as he spoke the final words, the water started to glow it's golden hue. Deson picked up the basin in one hand and tossed the glowing water into the air,

"You forgot that blessed water reacts to evil auras and residue."

The water flared into a golden light, illuminating the inside of the tent and leaving the shadow exposed a few feet from the queen. It sprang, but didn't reach the queen as the blessed dagger met it in mid-flight, with a scream of rage and pain the shadow collapsed and slowly melted away as the dagger quivered from where it had struck the wooden post an inch from the queen's head. Deson heaved a sigh of relief and sank down to the ground, his back resting against the post behind him.

Hiding spot?

“I may know a spot,” Gilly replied. “On the other side of the merchants quarter, where I used to hide. There are a bunch of abandoned buildings over there and I am sure we can find one to suit what we need. I know the old pub in that area has a cellar, so that one may be the best place. Oh, and it is back against the woods so we can sneak into it fairly easy. The only hard part is getting there because we have to cross the merchants quarter where the bugs patrol.”

“I know the place you are talking about,” Felina commented. “My father used to go there at times when I was a little girl. It has been closed and boarded up for years. It would be perfect. May even have a few bottles or kegs left there too.” She winked at Scar. “If we stay to the edge of the merchants quarter we should be able to avoid the bugs, they don’t seem to go near the wooded areas too often, but we may want to go in two groups just to keep the numbers low as we move. Gilly can lead one group and I can lead the other one. Now, who will be in which group?”

Skadu

Skadu was watching the town wrapped in the shadows of a group of boulders. He did not like to be out of his favorite jungle but he knew that this job needed to be done. He had observed the comings and goings of the Bugs and Demons on his stretch of the wall for five hours now without moving and he had seen them change twice. Normally there were two demons in command at either end of the small wall, with six bugs watching out into the forest and rocky outcrops. Every twenty minutes or so one demon would walk from one end to the other and back again receiving a report from each sentry. The next time the other Demon would do the walk. Of course as the shift went on he had seen them skip this entirely and some bugs even move and talk to each other. Clearly they weren't expecting any trouble.

This lot had been on shift for just on an hour and both Demons were together playing some game and all except two Bugs were drinking. Even they were watching their buddies more than the landscape. Skadu sighed. He could take this wall right now if he wanted to, but unfortunately that was not the plan. Suddenly his hackles rose. Something was not right. He looked to the wall but everything was the same there. He scanned the surrounding area, but all looked normal, but still his every instinct was screaming danger at him. He slowly drew his two gutting daggers and stayed perfectly still, his eyes searching for the danger.

The shadow of the rock he was hiding in bulged for a second and then collapsed again. He would have dismissed it but for his senses. Something was here with him but he could not see it, but it could not harm him while he was in the shadow either or he would be dead already. Suddenly a shape flowed from his shadow to another one further along. It looked almost like a man carrying two swords but Skadu would have called it more of a demon. It had skimmed over rocks and small plants so he assumed nothing he did was going to harm it, but it had not sensed him in the shadows. Hmm maybe a shadow could kill a shadow then. If not he could hide again and wait until nightfall.

He tested his strike until he was sure he could move and strike just outside his shadow perfectly with his shadow without revealing himself to those on the wall. he was lucky they were still being very Lax, but the new ones were due soon so he would have to do this soon. He picked up a pebble and threw it at the boulders where he had seen the shadow last slink into. Sure enough it poked it's 'head' out. Skadu moved forward enough to be seen and it hissed in surprise.
"Clever little Hunter hiding in the shadows, but I will still get you for I don't need to eat or sleep. You will make a mistake and I will kill you then."
Skadu decided to tease the creature in the hopes it would make it's fatal error. "Ha, you think you are so good. I invite you into my shadow then you impotent one. You can do nothing to me and it will be me that kills you."
The shadow screeched and flowed right at him. Skadu waited and at the last second he struck, slicing out, his shadow blades slicing cleanly through the neck of the demon. There was a plop and then the shadow dissolved as Skadu once again melted back into the shadows, sheathing his daggers and going back to his task.

Side Wound

The dagger had been on the right side of Jonz. Aziza knew that a wound like that could run from something trivial to something that could kill Jonz dead within minutes. She had slowed down the bleeding … which was a good sign. But what if he had a perforated stomach or bowel? Jonz would still die. It would only take more time and he’d be in excruciating pain.

What if the blade hit his spleen? She was not sure Draconians had spleens … but if they did He’d be dead of internal bleeding within an hour. Or he could have been lucky and the blade missed all his organs. There might only be muscle damage. The only thing she could do was to keep the wound clean of dirt. She really wished she had brought along some healing potions!

Sanura and her rigged up some poles and a cloth cover. They transferred Jonz carefully to the homemade stretcher and carried him back to the crypt they had made home base.

“If he makes it through the night … there is a really good chance he will get better” Aziza told Sanura. The human-tigran half breed nodded and then asked “The wound area feels hot and looks swollen is that normal?”

“Yes … Sanura …now try to get some sleep” Aziza told her. But Sanura stayed up all night worrying about Jonz. In the morning, when Aziza awoke, she found Sanura still holding the dragonman’s hand and looking after him. The draconian was still alive and had made it through the night. It was a good sign.

Night movement

After the battles with the shadow creatures, things quieted down at the tigran resting place. As the day went by … the sky finally started to grow darker. Mirri had everyone break up into infiltration “teams”. She had already sent the scouts and recon units forward. It was now time for the main group to move out. It was super important when conducting this kind of warfare that the infiltration maneuvers go undetected by the bugs. If found the infiltration units would be at a big disadvantage exposed and not massed for protection against the much larger bug army.

Mirri needed to consider many things when organizing each infiltration unit. Smaller infiltrating elements are not as easy to detect and can get through smaller defensive gaps, bigger units … not so much. Another consideration is if the enemy detects one or two small units …and destroys them … that will not prevent the rest of the units from accomplishing the overall mission. Larger infiltrating elements are easier to detect and their discovery is more apt to endanger the success of the overall mission. As had been agreed to … about half the tigran Army was held back for the “fake” attack on the small mining town.

Towards 0200 in the morning, Mirri, Commander Hatur, Lord Haki, Isis, Deson Hild and Queen Shella peeked over a ridge and could see the small town below in the moonlight. Queen Shella looked over to the others “We made it!” They all nodded in agreement “now what … who is going into the town and who is staying out here?” She asked.

Jonz

He could hear the two girls as they spoke, but he could not speak, nor move. He felt his body made comfortable and managed to fall asleep. When he woke a deep pain lanced through his side and his arm, but he was used to pain, he had been in worse pain than this, there was a hand in his and he opened his eyes to find Sanura holding his hand,

"You should rest. We have a lot to do."

He gave a weak smile and painfully sat upright,

"We should set more traps, hide the bodies of their elite squad and head toward the lair of those magic wielders you mentioned before."

He looked from one face to the other,

"Thank you for caring for my wounds."

With a soft grunt he pushed himself on to his feet and headed for the crypt door.

sir Deson Hild

His armor had been restored to even better order than when it was new, his weapons was secured and he felt relaxed after sleeping most of the day after the sneak attack. He had not spoken of the near thing of him almost impaling the queen with his dagger, the shame would have been too great for him to handle. Even now, after saving her life, he felt like he had let her down and also broke the trust that the Tigrans had placed in him. He failed in warning them, yes he killed two of the assassins, but they had come too close. Doubts had started to niggle on his mind, not that it affected his fighting ability, it only affected his sense of worth and as of yet, that question had not yet started to poison his mind, so at the question at who would be staying, he didn't even need to answer, a human among Tigrans would surely give the game away. He had no choice than to stay.

The New Hide Out

The Merchant Quarter was full of stone buildings and tight, twisting streets making it a veritable maze. It was home to thousands of laborers, merchants, and warriors. Shops and taverns were around every street corner. Old Market was one of the places the tigrans were more vocal about resisting the bugs. Gilly was right the bug patrols rarely patrol the whole area as ambush spots were everywhere.

Important items were packed up from Jola’s house (spell books and potions) and everyone formed groups of two based upon Felina recommendation. Scar and Jola would need help to reach the new hide out as it was not near the river. Gilly suggested they hide under a blanket in the back of a cart again. For some unknown reason Jola and Scar looked at each other and started to laugh.

The groups slipped into the river. Felina and Capt’n Bones were in the first group. As they carefully made it to shore, Felina was surprised how gloomy the city felt. The smoke from the portal was thick over the city now letting in less and less light. The whole place felt depressed and “sick”. She hated it. She glanced up the river and noticed a large group of shadow demons examining the shoreline. They were leaving their hide out just in time, she thought.

The journey through the city was uneventful as many other tigrans were out and about. Felina had put on her “grey” coat again and in this lighting she blended in well. She notice there was much more whispering going on between people and a few held the rebel flyers in their hands! The people were starting to resist she concluded. Passively … in subtle ways … but they were starting to do it.

They made it to the abandon section of the merchant quarter. It was a perfect place to hide. There were quite a few building available … but which one would be best? Felina took Capt’n Bones to the place she had thought of … where her father had taken her as a girl. It was still there. The front door was boarded up … but down the side alley was a side door. It looked boarded up as well, but Gilly had said that one of the board swung free. Felina tried and sure enough it swung out of the way and the two open the side door and snuck in.

The building had served two main purposes in its history. It had started out as a flour mill. The back area of the building still contained all the flour milling equipment to include a grind stone and the attached large shaft which lead to the roof and the windmill which drove the shaft. After the mill was closed, the building was converted into a bar and restaurant. The large bar and associated tables were in the front of the building, the kitchen was in the office area and the trap door lead to the cellar, which contained food and spirits.

This large space could easily be converted into resistance headquarters and the bugs would never know it. If they reopened the restaurant … messages and information could be covertly distributed and if they started up the mill again the sound of the grind stone would cover any noise associated with making weapons or training fighters. The windmill on the roof was large enough to be seen by much of the city. They could use it as a look out and position the sails to comminicate messages. Felina could not be more pleased with the choice! Just then the side door opened and Gilly came in with Tia.

Mirri

"With all due respect my queen, while you would be a great rallying point for the populous, I do not think we can risk you in the initial stages. If you were to die at this early point then we have lost a huge part of what we are fighting for. Not to say you should not fight. In fact I believe you should show yourself in the fake attack on the walls. I believe every Demon commander would have been given your description by now and so it will lend credence to the attack. It might even start rumors inside the walls and help in our recruiting efforts."

"I think you will need Lord Haki, and Knight Hild to aid you in planning and executing the attacks. They both have vast knowledge about attacking walled cities. Lord Hatur, Isis and myself will lead a few groups in as will several scouts and if I can convince him Skadu. The scouts have become much better under his leadership and I will trust them to get a group in. I would say ten at a time. If we can get a hundred men inside I will be pleased. That will be about the right number."

Mirri looked to her Queen to see if she approved of her plan.

Infiltration is a filthy business

“There is wisdom in your council” Shella replied then she saw movement down along the side of the wall between the gates. A man sized bush moved revealing a hole in the wall. A Tigran face was peeking out and waved to a large rock beyond the cleared area near the wall. A small group of 4 tigrans ran silently towards the now open hole in the wall. Shella looked up at the wall. The guards were walking in opposite directions and could not see the approaching tigrans as their backs were turned. The group disappeared into the gap in the wooden wall, the fake bush was moved back into place and the wood panel closed. The whole operation took only seconds to accomplish.

“It begins” Shella said after watching some of her force infiltrating into the small town of Makla.

Lord Hatur nudged the queen. “Look over there” he whispered. Two tigrans walked out of the main gate carrying bags of garbage. They rounded a bend and were gone. A few minutes later they returned only this time there were four of them, each carrying an empty garbage bag.

“What if the bugs notice!” The queen whispered in panic. Lord Hatur shook his head “This type of warfare is not for the faint at heart!” He answered and then added “They may have developed an excuse in case it is noticed … for example they found some stragglers in the fields or something like that”

The four tigrans passed into the city with no questions asked.

“How do you plan to infiltrate the city?” The queen asked Lord Hatur.

His smile grew bigger and pointed to the waste hole for the small town’s sewage system. “That is the most traditional approach. I thought it fitting based upon my rank” He joked.

“Well … you are always in the shit … so it is fitting!” Shella joked.

“Your majesty … the language you use these days … demeans your royal office!” Lord Hatur gasped in fake horror.

“I’ll stop using the word “shit” once these lands are rid of those shits!” The queen promised as she pointed to the bugs on guard duty. She looked over to Mirri and Isis. “And you two?” She asked.

Isis smiled “I was thinking about being a massage specialist … Some of the miner’s muscles can get hard and stiff. The right massage can make them relax! Did you want to join me Talon Leader Mirri? I think I have an outfit you can wear” Isis explained.

Dragon's Blood

Resina Draconis or Dragon’s Blood has been used as a medicine since ancient times by many cultures. Aziza knew that it had many wound-healing abilities. What she did not know was Draconians blood had similar properties. As Jonz sat up and looked at the two tigrans she was a bit amazed. That kind of dagger wound would have kept a tigran down for a week, if they lived at all. Jonz was ready to get back to work and it had only been half a day.

“WOW … you are amazing!” Aziza said stunned by his quick recovery.

Jonz was almost out the door when he turned and smiled at Aziza …Aziza she could tell that he was still in some pain but what he was about to say was worth the discomfort “That is what all the females say”

“Oh brother!” Aziza exclaimed

Sanura went over and hugged Jonz “I’m SOOO glad you are OK!!” She cheered. Then she looked over to Aziza “My care is why he is feeling better” She said

“I’m sure that did it!” Aziza agreed. But really she thought it must be Jonz connection to dragpn's blood. Aziza got serious “So that was an elite killing squad?” She asked the draconian. Jonz nodded.

“What happens when they don’t report back?” Aziza asked.

“They’ll probably send a much larger force.” Jonz said smiling

“SHIT!” Aziza exclaimed in panic and then she noticed Jonz smile “Why are you smiling about that?”

“How many of those fire trap scroll do you have?” He asked.

“20 …” Aziza said.

“Keep 5 in our pack we may need them later … but get the other 15 … I have a plan!” Jonz grinned. Sanura was still hugging him "Yea ... he's got a plan!" She said.

Jonz placed an arm around Sanura and gave her a hug,

"Now I have some dirty work ahead of me. Gather our things and place them outside when you're done."

With that he left the crypt. It was indeed grizzly work, he collected the corpses of the shadow demons and stingers, building a grizzly monument to the death of demon-kind outside the crypt, when he was done, half of his body was covered by the green ichor of the bugs, he then applied the sap to the carcases, over the ground in an outward patern, leaving a small pathway open to the crypt. Soon the whole area was covered, using ground from the surrounding woods he covered the sap, then he went into the crypt with an armload of green wood and some sap, this he lit and left the crypt door slightly ajar, placing the scrolls in various positions, he covered them with sap and dirt, then he covered the trail he had left open with sap, dirt and a scroll as well.

Only then did he tread to the crypt door, tramped about to make his boot prints clear and wrote upon the crypt door with bug blood: HERE BE MONSTERS. He made his way to the two girls and grinned at them,

"Let their anger kill them, let's continue on your journey."

The Sanura, Aziza, and Jonz had hiked partway up the three hills rising just beyond the irrigated plain and the boneyard. The hills were called “the three sisters” and within these hills was a place to study high magic. Before the boneyard was out of view, the group had paused. Staring back at their former base camp, Jonz pointed at a column of shadow demons approaching the City of the Dead.

“Here they come” The draconian stated. The two female tigrans stared at the sprawling burial grounds as the demons went in. They saw various traps going off. Sometimes there were even small smoke clouds as a fire trap went off. They could just make out that the bulk of the attack force seemed to have surrounded their old crypt. “This should be entertaining” Jonz said in a low key tone.

Suddenly there was a flash of light … followed by a small mushroom cloud.

“Oops … I guess they did not read the warning sign” Sanura said.

“It was such a nice crypt … I hope the dead tigran did not mind too.” Aziza said a huge grin on her face.

Jonz nodded “Ok fireworks over … let’s keep moving” He said as he got up.

Had the three been closer they would have known that the demon force sent into the boneyard had been destroyed in the final explosion. The demon commander did not send anymore forces into the graveyard, deeming it “too dangerous”, and ordered demons to avoid it.

By the time the group made it to the last hill the sun had just set. In the fading light, they could see the school set up on a hill. There was a stone ring wall and several building inside. In the center of the compound was a large building ornately decorated with magical symbols. Some of them glowed softly in the low light. They could see the main gate. They could also see a large stone golem marching around the outside the outer wall.

Jonz tapped both girls on the shoulders and whispered “There are bugs around the school grounds … look carefully” He suggested

Aziza and Sanura stared and saw what Jonz had whispered to them about. There were about 25 demons spread out around the main entrance.

“At least we know the school has not been captured. We’ll need to get through the demons to get into the school” Aziza whispered to Jonz.
“We’ll also need to get past that huge walking stone statue!” Sanura pointed out “If we want to meet up with the chief mage, Baban Tylos”

Jonz

He looked around, in the closing darkness there was a chance of them taking out the bugs. Sure they had good eye-sight, but not as good as a Draconian, whose eyes are well adjusted to see near, far and clear in darkness. He drew the two girls aside,

"OK, I know that your heritage gives you great night vision, but this is a job more suited for a seasoned warrior. We will set up a cold camp and when darkness is upon us, I will go and kill a few bugs, make it look like magic. As they withdraw from the gate, more will die by well-placed traps."

He looked toward the golem,

"Although the golem will be a different story altogether, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it."

He led the way deeper into the forest where there was a small clearing with enough undergrowth to hide their small camp. After setting up a basic camp, he started to remove his clothing, leaving only his loincloth, from his backpack he drew black garments which he pulled on, he took his short sword and strapped it to his back after wrapping it in black cloth as well. Next he used a mixture which smelled strangely like soot to cover his face, leaving only his eyes untouched. He gave the two girls a small grin,

"Don't eat all the food, I'll be back a bit later on."

With that he stepped into the surrounding woods and his bulky form seemed to melt into the shadows.

Mirri

Mirri looked at Isis and chuckled. "I don't think I have ever worn anything like what you are suggesting Isis and I don't know if I would be able to pull it off. I am a soldier and have always been one. Acting sexy does not come naturally to me but I guess it is only bugs so they wouldn't know human sexuality if it bit them on their asses. Fine let's do it."

Isis smiled and Queen Shella grinned with them. "Well good luck you two, we will be watching to make sure you make it in." Isis led her to her tent and began to pull out strips of cloth and other pieces of small clothing. "Ah what exactly are those things?" She asked Isis pointing at the cloth. Isis looked at her and smiled cheekily. "Why they are our outfits Talon leader. I thought you knew how we would be dressed."
Mirri looked at the clothing on the bed and began to shake her head. "Oh no. I agreed to look like a masseur, not like this," she said gesturing at them.

Isis was laughing as she began to pull out makeup and sorting out the clothing. " Don't worry Mirri. I will make you look so good that you won't recognize yourself. We will be able to carry in our armor inside our shoulder bags under more ointments and things, but we will have to restrict ourselves to daggers for our weapons. We will have to pick up something better once we are inside."
"I see you have thought of everything," Mirri grimaced. "Very well. Make me up and we will show these bugs just how beauty can kill."

Isis was having a ball putting cloth on the Talon leader. She found a very sexy corset bodice that had floral ribbon trim and green ribbon lace which fit great. Then she found a VERY short black skirt edged with green trim. The final touch was the thin veil which hid the lower half of her face.

“Swing that tail … baby!” she kidded Mirri.

“If I swing my tail … it will lift up this nothing of a skirt and the men will see everything. And I mean EVRYTHING!”

Isis giggled “That’s the point!”

Isis needed to do something with Mirri hair. But Mirri hair was very short, so Isis added a wig. The wig was of light brown hair color and braided into a ponytail. That final touch made her that much more sexy.

“WOW” Isis said to herself. “Once you are out of the army … you could come work for me! You could make a lot of money!” Isis told Mirri.

The two headed down to the main gate. The sun had come up and there was no point in sneak in close. Mirri and Isis knew that either this disguise would work or they would be caught or killed. So they needed to be "all in". Hold nothing back. They walked up to the bug gate guards, who lowered their swords to stop them.

“Where are you from?” They asked.

“Freehold … a small town east of here” Isis answered. “We are looking for work as entertainers” She said winking at Mirri.

“Entertainers?” The one demon asked somewhat confused.

Demon did not mate … so sex was always confusing to them. Isis realized her mistake and corrected it quickly “Yes … we fuck for money … we entertain the males … or female if they have the coin!” She said nudging Mirri. Who giggled at that comment.

“You can enter” The bug said. Isis and Mirri walked into the small town … It had been so simple it was almost disappointing. But then things got more interesting, still within hear shot of the bug guards. They both heard a whistle and a few words that they could not quite make out from across the street. A pair of young tigran males were staring in their direction and gestured for them to approach. Isis glanced back and saw one bug guard watching them.

“What now?” Mirri asked.

“I got them … you keep walking” Isis suggested and saw one of the young men grabbed his crotch and yelled, "Come over here! I'll give you some work!"

Isis smiled and started towards the men, while Mirri headed the other direction. But the one yelling said “Hey … I want her too!”

Mirri turned and knew what she had to do. She looked at the man who was gripping his crotch, her expression suggestive, and walked toward them. She let her hips sway and she watched the men’s eyes on her body as she sauntered toward them. As she got closer she realized she knew one of them. He had been in a different Talon … but he had been in the army at one time. “SHIT” she thought. She needed to keep his eyes off her face and on her body. She started to play it for all it was worth. The two men laughed and started gesturing again.

Isis glanced back and saw Mirri doing the most seductive walk she had ever seen. Mirri had even stiffened her gate somewhat, so that her breasts would bounce a little more. The man from the army now spoke as she walked toward them, "That's right … come on over here. We'll give you plenty of work. You can polish our swords for us!"

Mirri and Isis reached them at about the same time as Isis let out a little purr.

But MIrri took over before she could say anything "So, you like what you see, do you? I suppose you want to get a good look between my legs, too?"

The former army man chuckled and replied, "You get right to the point don't you?"

Mirri smiled and simply said, "Yes, I do," and grabbed his shoulder and brought her knee up hard into the tigran male's crotch. He dropped immediately to his knees with a groan that was an octave or so higher than the tone of his voice a moment earlier.

Isis grabbed Mirri hand and told the remaining male with a big smile on her face “We’ll be open for entertaining tonight!” The two got away down an alley. The last glance back at the gate guards showed the watching bug had lost interest and did not see them go.

Bugs around the three sister school

Shadow Demon Jeks stood next to fellow Demon Teedic looking at the school and the golem marching in front of the main gate. It was getting darker and darker as the sun had set a while ago.

Jeks turned to Teedic and said "I can get closer”

Teedic answered “Stop having foolish ideas of getting too close to it!".

Jeks clicked his insect jaws loudly. This whole duty seemed a little excessive. As it watched the stone figure continued to guard the school. The eyes of the animated stone creature are what unnerved it. It looked like someone had injected crude oil into the stone figures eyeballs and filled them up until they were solid black all the way through. They weren't eyes, they were wells to another dimension and it was not the shadow demon’s dimension.

"What are we here for again?" Jeks asked.

"We are pulling guard duty" Teedic said.

“I’d rather be killing Tigrans … the baby ones … I love the way the adults all start crying when you kill the baby ones! This is boring!” Jeks explained.

“We need to keep the mage in the school until our plans are complete. It won’t take much longer.” Teedic said. Then in the darkness they both heard the sound of click … followed by the sound of something hitting the ground. It sounded like a body.

Mirri and Isis looking for love in all the wrong places?

The smell of roasted meat and unwashed bodies permeates the air and invades Mirri' and Isis’ nostrils as they open the front door of the tavern. The bright, cutting rays of sunlight streamed into the building, gave them both a glimpse of the inhabitants as they strode inside. Their eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness, allowing them to make a quick inventory of the people in bar.

There were huddled forms at each of the tables and at the bar. Many turned away from the bright light. Smoke hung in the air from the cookfires and long pipes. A few of the eyes that bother to turn back, as the door closed, assessed the new arrivals and stayed riveted to them. Their bleary, drunken red eyes suddenly awaked, lit brightly with the hot blooded excitement of primal male lust. Mirri and Isis could see it written across those faces, etched into the white knuckles gripping the wooden cups.

Mirri and Isis saw almost a dozen pairs of hungry eyes that were measuring the value of their clothing, the quality of their weapons … and the pleasure of their flesh. A larger older Tigran licked his lips and waved the two ladies over to his table in the corner of this seedy bar.

“That must be him, don’t kick him in the balls ok” Isis whispered to Mirri.

Mirri smiled and answered “Ok, I’ll be nice” and they both headed over to the table.

As they crossed the room the hungry, wanton gazes followed them.

The older big tigran smiled as they came closer “Why … hello young Ladies … I’m Mayor Snarl … Mayor of this fine town … and if you want to work here … you’ll need my ok and that comes with a price, not money … just personal services.” He smiled his crock smile. "Can't have low quality whores working in my town"

A large hulking human, well over six feet tall, his broad shoulders draped in a thin, threadbare shirt came over. He had a big gut that hung over his belt, but the muscles of his forearms and shoulders rippled. He was strong. His left eye was missing but he wore no patch. The brute's good right eye quickly looked both Isis and Mirri over, lingered for quite a while on their nice breasts. His lips curl back in a sick kind of grin. "What … do you whores want to drink" his thick lips sputter out

Mirri looked the big man up and down and then purred at him while stroking his belly suggestively. "I never drink when I'm working big boy but if you want to buy me one later I might be purrrsueded to come back," she smiled at him seductively. He turned bright red and walked off grinning.
Mirri turned to the Mayor and whispered quietly. "Take us in the back so we can discuss business privately."
The Mayor stood up and made a big show of grinning down at the two of them. "Ladies if you will follow me to the back room I will see if you are...Qualified for the job of entertaining the men around here." He pointed at the door and Mirri headed towards it with Isis following. As they walked through he swatted Isis bum playfully and she turned and giggled at him before he shut the door behind him. Once he did he was all business though. "Second door on your right. Go."

They entered the room and he lit the lantern and then waited by the door to see if anyone followed. After a minute he sat down at the little table. "Sorry about that but appearances must be maintained. Now what is it that you need of me?"
Mirri looked him over and decided she could trust this man. "Mayor Snarl my name is Talon leader Mirri. You may have heard of me I do not know. What you need to know is that last night 100 of my men and I snuck into this town and are awaiting a signal from outside to attack the invading forces from inside. The signal of course being an attack from outside. The attack of course is a ruse, it would be foolhardy to attack this town directly. I am assuming they used a portal the first time?" At his sad nod she continued. " What we need are weapons and people that may join us. We naturally assumed you may know of such people."

The Mayor grinned wickedly. "Oh indeed I do and it is well you have come now. The fools were close to trying something themselves. With you here and this plan of yours, well they just may have a chance and more might actually join. Myself for one. Knowing there is a chance now no matter how slim is worth fighting for. Plus if we can get a few more people we will have almost two hundred against a mere seventy. With surprise on our side we should be able to get them."
Mirri smiled at Isis. This was the spirit they came to find and instill in the people. "Then lead us to the others Mayor and we will call in our troops. We don't have much time to plan this. If we don't hurry our men will be fighting with the knives they smuggled in."
"We need to wait a few more minutes. I am quick girl but not that quick thank you very much," he laughed.
Mirri blushed having forgotten the ruse they were using to be back here. "I will take you out pretending to be taking you to the local madam. Instead we will go see Borak. He is the main rebel leader and will be able to get everyone in line quickly. Convince him and you will have your army."
Mirri nodded then sat there to wait and plan how to persuade this Borak. Five minutes later they left the room.

Back