Throw caution to the wind

Crankbait88

Loveable luddite
Have you ever in your life made a big decision, without a lot of planning or thought, thrown caution to the wind if you will. Or maybe you refer to it as your "fuck it" moment.

The first big one occurred twenty five years ago or so, I moved to New Jersey having never been there after getting out of the military (sort of). It was to be with a girl I had met in the service who got out before me. Luckily that decision paid off. That decision changed the trajectory of my whole life; providing me with kids, the opportunity to start my own business, and be content with my life.

The second time I threw caution to the wind was buying a boat spur of the moment. I did this without consulting with the wife. That one didn't go as smooth, but I still have both and a hobby I enjoy.

Anyone else?

I've had a few fuck-it decisions. Some I regret. It's not something you can do a lot of when you've reached a certain age. :)

I've had a few fuck-it decisions. Some I regret. It's not something you can do a lot of when you've reached a certain age. :)
I left out my regret fuck it's from my post. No need to dwell on them.

And I think you can have them at any age. Certainly the ramifications can be different depending where you are in your life. But im looking more and more towards my "fuck it" moments as I age. What is anyone going to do to "an old man?" Lol.

Back