The Wheels on the Bus. . .(Chain Story idea)

Jushorny had to drop out of the writing of the chain story, because of time restraints and such, so I have moved up cantdog and Jett. I'm sending pm's to both. Damp, Aurora, and Remec... your post dates are open ended. Let me know if everyone involved wants to write another chapter. ~ Thanks, Me. :D

RedHairedandFriendly Approved
Crimson/Sexxy submit on May 17
Selena submit May 24
cantdog submit May 31
Jett submit Jun. 7
Damp (when time allows) ???
Aurora (when time allows) ???
Remec submit...???

MistressJett said:
That's fine with me, darlin'. :kiss: I'm finally wrapping up some of the chain stories I've been late with since I was traveling. :eek:

Okay, thanks. :) :kiss: I really think all the dates listed are rather flexible as is this story. :)

RedHairedandFriendly said:
I don't know why, but I didn't notice it till now...but mine is titled Ch. 01.

You didn't notice it because they just changed it. When I went looking for my story, your's was still showing as On the Bus: Naughty Whispers.

Ok wasn't the whole point of putting ON THE BUS: STORY TITLE to make it so that we DIDN'T have chapters!??!? :mad:

so annoying... did anyone PM Laurel?

Here's what I think happened. When my title and description were posted together... they ran onto a second line. So Laurel changed the title instead of the description.

Crimson Maiden, I am suddenly extremely sorry I had to back out of this. Loved your writing tremendously

CrimsonMaiden said:
Here's what I think happened. When my title and description were posted together... they ran onto a second line. So Laurel changed the title instead of the description.

Can't be... it's only 25 characters, WITH spaces... you get 35 in a title... :confused:

I might be interested in participating. Any special requirements I would need to know? Besides that it involves a bus?
In fact, since this thread inspired me, I just started a story, so I really hope I can play too. :)

Last edited:
I have PM'd Laurel and she is going to change the titles for us...

Here is the deal...

The subtitle must fit after the title "On the Bus" ....

Writers need to remember that the subtitles will force the submissions to not be in order from one to the next and as long as a reader doesn't need to read another chapter to support the other then that shouldn't be a problem... with that said, I think if we do have to support a chapter with another we make an "author's note" at the beginning of the story to let the reader know.

In my case it would be with Chapter One... in case anyone played with the "mystery man".

Here's my convo.
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way we could change the titles on the On the Bus Chain Story submissions.

What we were thinking is "On the Bus" is the title that links them all together, but we wanted our subtitles to come afterwards.

So far, both mine and Crimson's were changed to say "On the Bus Ch. 01" and "02" but we were hoping to have the subtitles put back on after the opening title.

This I believe as do others that it will generate more readers, since each story isn't related to the ones before it.

Please let me know your opinion on this.

Thanks,
Red :)

Laurel said:
Hi there!

Thanks for the PM and the explanation. I changed the titles because the stories were numbered within the story text. This is standard practice because without numbering, the chapters will not appear in order in the category listing in order. Oftentimes, authors have submitted titles formatted this way - with subtitles instead of chapter numbers - then later come to me asking why their chapters aren't appearing in the order they want them to be.

If this is okay - if the chapters don't need to be read in any particular order - I can change them to "On The Bus: Xxx Xxx Xxx". Just be sure in future to keep the titles short enough to allow room for the description.

Let me know what you'd like the exact wording on the two posted chapters to be and I'll change them.

Take care, and talk soon,

Laurel

I then PM'd her with the titles we had wanted. :D

sophia jane said:
I might be interested in participating. Any special requirements I would need to know? Besides that it involves a bus?
In fact, since this thread inspired me, I just started a story, so I really hope I can play too. :)

You are more then welcomed to join. There are no requirements and I can add you to the schedule very easily. I don't even think we named cities we were traveling in... which means our trip can go on forever. :)

I'm also open to the submission dates, so if anyone feels they can have one ready before their scheduled date I think it is okay to submit early, just post here and let us know you did it. :D

You are more then welcomed to join. There are no requirements and I can add you to the schedule very easily. I don't even think we named cities we were traveling in... which means our trip can go on forever. :)

I'm also open to the submission dates, so if anyone feels they can have one ready before their scheduled date I think it is okay to submit early, just post here and let us know you did it. :D

Great! I'm at least half way through mine and having lots of fun with it. I'll let you know when it's ready, but for sure it'll be ready in the next week or so, so you can put me wherever you want for the submit date.

I then PM'd her with the titles we had wanted. :D

Thanks, Red... I don't think it matters, in terms of reading them... even if we mention or use another character, it's doubtful that the plots/stories will be contingent on each other in an integral way....

and I think we'll get more readers with a separate subtitle, rather than chapters... people always think they have to have read chapters 1-4 to read 5, etc...

Thanks for taking care of that...

<---still writing, but I'll be done soon... and will submit tonight... :D

sophia jane said:
Great! I'm at least half way through mine and having lots of fun with it. I'll let you know when it's ready, but for sure it'll be ready in the next week or so, so you can put me wherever you want for the submit date.
I added you, but you are free to submit before those dates if you wish. :)

RedHairedandFriendly Approved
Crimson/Sexxy submit on May 17
Selena submit May 24
cantdog submit May 31
Sophia submit May 31-Jun.3
Jett submit Jun. 7
Damp (when time allows) ???
Aurora (when time allows) ???
Remec submit...???

SelenaKittyn said:
Thanks, Red... I don't think it matters, in terms of reading them... even if we mention or use another character, it's doubtful that the plots/stories will be contingent on each other in an integral way....

and I think we'll get more readers with a separate subtitle, rather than chapters... people always think they have to have read chapters 1-4 to read 5, etc...

Thanks for taking care of that...

<---still writing, but I'll be done soon... and will submit tonight... :D

You're welcome. :) I agree I think we will get more readers with subtitles. I look forward to seeing yours when it comes up. :D

I've just got to figure out if my virgin voyeur is going to end up doing anything besides watching. :)

sophia jane said:
I've just got to figure out if my virgin voyeur is going to end up doing anything besides watching. :)

Ohh... we like virgins. ;)

jushorny said:
Crimson Maiden, I am suddenly extremely sorry I had to back out of this. Loved your writing tremendously
Jus... you are always welcome to come back. The bus ride is flexible.

Back