The Vampire's 'Go-fer' (closed)

CutiePie1997

Literotica Guru
The Vampire's 'Go-fer'

Seeking a male writer. Read this
Do not post without being accepted.
Thanks.​

The last day of a school year at Harrison High was always a chaotic one for Penny Harper. This one was no different. She was rushing all about, saying goodbye to friends and teachers who she likely wouldn't see again until her senior year began. The day after school let out for summer break for as long as she could remember, Penny had hopped onto an Amtrak to spend June and the 4th of July holiday with her grandparents across the country in Seattle. Often, by the time she got back, her friends had already established their summer routines with jobs, new significant others, even new friends. They weren't always ready, willing, and able to disrupt their summer lives to reincorporate Penny into them.

But there was always one guy who would welcome her back with open arms. Penny found Kevin Thomas cleaning out his locker and rushed toward him. Kevin was Penny's oldest and dearest friend. They'd lived side by side on Maple Street all their lives. He was a year and a half older than Penny and had been in the class ahead of her in their tiny elementary school. So in the beginning, they'd only really hung out together after school or on weekends. But then when he was 11, Kevin got really sick and missed most of 5th grade. He was set back to repeat the year, which put the two of them together in nearly every class for the past 6 years.

To Penny, their relationship had only ever been a friendship. She'd always been a very popular girl and had had boys chasing her all her life. With the pick of the crop, she'd never really seen the rather Average Joe Kevin Thomas as boyfriend material. That wasn't the thought process for Kevin, though. Penny was more than aware that Kevin had been burning for more from her since even before she'd begun developing her now-delicious female curves.

Penny had never told Kevin that he had no chance with her. It bothered her sometimes, that maybe she was leading him on. She imagined Kevin running excitedly down a path toward her, only to fall off a steep, unexpected cliff when he learned Penny had finally committed herself to another guy. Her lasting fear regarding Kevin had always been a simple one: if she told him they'd never be boyfriend-girlfriend, he'd stop being her friend as well. Penny knew she could never survive that.

When she arrived at his locker, Penny practically slammed into Kevin, wrapping her arms around his torso and squeezing him so tightly he gave out an umph! She eventually pulled back to hold his hands in her own, proclaiming, "Thank god for you, Kev'! You're the only guy I know for a fact that I'll see again when I get back."

She hugged him again, asked if he had summer plans, and then excitedly said, "Oh! I have something for you!"

She dug into her pocket and pulled out a folded piece of newsprint. "It's an advert, for a job. I got it out of the Penny Saver newspaper. Can you believe they still print a weekly newspaper … on paper!"

Penny snatched it back from Kevin, opened it, and read, "'Home owner seeks personal assistant for errands, shopping, and other tasks about the home and property.'"

She looked up to Kevin with a sly smile, clarifying, "That means he wants a gopher. Get it...? Go … for...? Go-fer?"

Penny tucked her lower lip in under her front teeth, which she exposed more. She made a rapid gnawing gesture and sound that was might have been more appropriate describing a beaver than a gopher. But by Kevin's expression, it seemed to work.

"Says you have to have a drivers license and clean driving record," she continued after laughing at her own attempts at humor. "'Automobiles and insurance provided by employer.'"

She looked up to Kevin again. "Automobiles … plural. I wonder what that means? Automo-biles."

Penny went back to the ad again. "This is the strange part, and you're going to think this is a big, fat stop sign. Your mom will, I guarantee it, but just read her this next part, and maybe she'll be okay with it."

She looked to the paper again and continued, "'Must be available all hours, all days. Notice of required attendance and service outside of daylight hours will be given by employer 24 hours in advance.'"

Penny looked up again. "'Outside of daylight hours' ... so … it's summer … and the sun is up from, what, 6am to 8 or 9pm when August gets here? Jeez, that's a long shift. I mean, I can't imagine they would want you to be available every day from 6 to 9 … can you?"

They chatted a moment, then Penny went back to the ad. She grimaced at rereading this next part. "'Minimum wage to start.' Eww … that's ugly. But it goes on to say 'Significant pay increases and bonuses given weekly for excellent job performance. Apply in person at...'"

Penny looked up at Kevin with a surprised expression on her face. "Oh! I just recognized the address. It's the Greeley Mansion … up on Old Harrison Drive … you know the one! That big haunted house looking house … yeah, yeah, redundancy, but … you know what I mean."

She looked back to the ad, murmuring to herself, "I didn't know anyone moved back into it. I would've thought mom would say something."

Penny's mom was one of the most successful real estate agents in the county. She'd been trying to get the listing on the Greeley mansion for as long as Penny could remember. But the absent owners had simply, politely, and repeatedly told her no thanks.

"You have to take this job," Penny demanded of Kevin as she handed him the note again. "If for no other reason than to see inside the place. No one I know has ever been inside the house. Kendall Hughes and his football buddies jumped that eerie looking, wrought iron fence one time to go up the hill to look at it … but they got about half way there and big black dogs -- probably pit bulls, or what were those dogs in the Omen movie, um … Rottweilers? They came out of nowhere! Paul Wheeler got bit in the ass as he was climbing a tree to jump over the fence. Missed the entire baseball season 'cause he kept pulling the stitches, fucking Vera Carlton in the back seat of his daddy's Datsun. Idiot!"

Another female student rushed up and pretty much repeated the slam and hug against Penny that Penny had done to Kevin. They squealed like little girls about the end of school, the summer, the trip, and far too much more in such a short moment of time. Penny gave Kevin another hug, a kiss on the cheek, and bid him farewell before running off with the other student. It wouldn't have been a very proper goodbye considering their friendship, but she knew she'd see him tomorrow. For the past six years, he and his mother had gone to lunch with her and her mother at a café across from Amtrak before Penny left.

The one thing she hadn't read from the note Kevin now possessed was the rest of that last line. 'Apply in person at address below, Thursday between 7-9pm.'

Today was Thursday.

Kevin Thomas looked at the end of school much differently than Penny. For him it was a day of relief, a summer to not have to acknowledge the quintessential nerd, that sick kid, everyone thought him to be, no matter what he did. Kids are funny, once a reputation and nickname get established, you will maintain those monikers forever. Kevin would forever be “sneezy” like one of the seven dwarfs.

Kevin had always been taller, and he was almost five foot seven in fifth grade. However he had horrible allergies, but no one knew to exactly what. All day long, Kevin walked around with red droopy eyes, and sneezed. Sneezed near constantly, except for the times, the drainage got so bad, he threw up. The final moment came Halloween night, he had gone trick or treating with a group of neighborhood kids, and took a bite into a candy bar and went into nearly instantaneous anaphylactic shock. It was pure luck that they were out front old Doc Welby’s home, and only his quick initiation of an epinephrine injection saved Kevin’s life.

The next day he was taken into the University hospital by his mother only to discover he was allergic to...EVERYTHING. For the next year eight months he lived in a nearly clean room and took comprehensive weekly allergy shots until his body began to normalize. When the incident happened he was stick thin, weighing a mere eighty pounds. The only person that visited him was his neighbor, Penny. He figured it was only because her mother made her, but it was nice to play checkers or chess with someone, even if he had to do it using rubber gloves extended out of his clean oxygen bubble.

When he returned, he had to repeat 5th grade and he and Penny were in the same grade. She was the only one for nearly a year who didn’t treat him like a freak and tease him unmercifully. She would even walk him home at times, if no other kids were looking. He fell in deep crush, which only magnified as they began to fill out. Penny bloomed much earlier than Kevin, however during this past year, Kevin had gone from five foot nine, 135 pounds to six foot one, 185 pounds of near solid muscle.

No one would know though, as Kevin still favored the baggy clothes he used to try to use to camouflage his previous Mal nourished frame. This past year, his mother made him meet with a dietician and personal trainer, who had put him through a near complete transformation. If the boys in his class were now stripped naked and had bags put over their head, Kevin would probably be in the “hunkiest” group, but that is not how high school works, the popular guys were anointed early, and never looked back. Neither did the geeks. Particularly ones who still wore thick glasses, and did their best to go unnoticed.

Penny nearly crushed the air from his lungs, but he did not mind. That was the closest thing to affection he would get, even if it was from a girl, that if he were honest with himself, only used him as a convenience when necessary. It wasn’t any different than his one jock friend, Steve, who called him to hangout at 7 o’clock when nothing better had materialized. Most kids might resent this, Kevin didn’t, he knew his lot, and that was still better than most of his friends in the AV club got.

The job sounded interesting, the one thing he had was availability and a non conflicted schedule. To be truthful he was dreadfully lonely, and at least a job would give him purpose, and get his mother off his back. He was so tired of hearing, “You are such a cute boy Kevin, the girls don’t know what they are missing, why don’t you ask that nice Penny out?” How could he tell her, because every popular guy in school already has her busy, and your son is a nerd! So he would go play online video games with other nameless, faceless on line geeks or go work with a personal trainer. That was, other than those rare instances, Penny or Steve needed a last minute diversion.

Penny was gone as quick as she came, he read the advertisement again and saw the interview was tonight. His parents were out when he got home, he cooked up some Spaghettio’s, the ones with meatballs, his favorites, and ate. At 6:45 he hopped out of the shower, put on his dress blue shirt, his striped tie he read in church with, and his best khaki’s and Top Siders. At exactly 7:00 PM, he rang the elaborate charm doorbell at the old Greeley Mansion....

12345 Old Harrison Road...

It was an address easy to remember. Of course, no one had really needed to remember the address of Greeley House for more than two decades. Harmon Greeley, its original and only ever resident had died back in 1990. The house, built just before the war to end all wars, had sat empty ever since. Nearly 3 decades of disuse. Of course, even when Harmon had lived in the mansion, no one had come here. The folks down at the Harrison Historical Society had never found any evidence what so ever that anyone other than the occasional repair man had ever been to the home in its 80 years of occupation.

Today, the Greeley House looked as though a strong wind or a fierce hail storm could take it down to its foundation. Portions of the roof had collapsed or leaked like a sieve; the windows that hadn't fallen victim to Mother Nature had been broken by vandals; the brick work in many locations was crumbling; and most of the exterior's wooden decks had rotted away and wouldn't hold the weight of a dog, let alone a man.

And yet someone was living here. That someone was watching through a gap in the boards covering a third floor window as a young man pushed open the squealing, wrought iron gate. He made his way up the uneven, weed choked cobblestone path to the front of the house. Some slight repairs had recently been made to the set of steps accessing the front porch. A narrow path of 8 foot long, 1x6 inch boards led across that otherwise dangerous porch to make it safe to traverse. And at the end of those boards, near the old but ornate door decorated by the cobweb covered crest of the Greeley family, was the original and recently repaired bell that sounded loudly through the vastness of the otherwise silent home.

A voice said with a matter of fact tone, "You have come to apply for the position."

The voice came from the speaker of a crackly intercom that looked to be older than the young man on the porch. The voice was female. To say anything more of it would be speculation. Was it old or young? Hard to tell. It seemed to have a bit of an accent to it, but it would be nothing the young man on the porch could place.

"What is your name?" the woman asked after the young man confirmed what she'd said earlier. After Kevin identified himself, the woman asked, "Are you legally old enough to work for pay outside of the family home or business?"

It all sounded like the typical questions a teenager might be asked upon applying for a job. Of course … Kevin was standing on the decrepit porch of a run down house after twilight talking to a speaker. Not your typical job interview. She asked a series of questions...

Can you use a hammer and saw...?
Can you drive a car...?
Can you operate a small tractor with a mowing attachment...?
Do you live on your own or with your parents...?
Will your parents allow you to work late evenings or early morning...?
Will your social life prevent you from being on call...?

One question after another came from the speaker until more than 20 minutes had passed. Finally … there was a long silence … the speaker crackled a bit without more words … a second crackle … and finally, "You may begin Monday. Be here at precisely 8am. Under the rock on the railing to your left, you will find a list of tasks to be completed that day. The following day, you will a new list and your pay from the day before. So long as you return each day, you will find new tasks and pay for previous ones."

If Kevin looked to his left, he would find another of the 1x6 boards leading to the porch's edge and just such a rock. The voice returned, "If ever you fail to show … you need not return afterward. Are we clear?"

Kevin might respond. He might not. Either way … there would be no more words coming from the intercom or the woman at the other end of it.

[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []​

Come Monday morning, presuming Kevin showed up, he would find an envelope on the porch railing under the rock. Inside the envelope he would find a list of tasks:

Oil the hinges on the front gate.
Gather the debris from around the yard.
Pile the wood debris on the burn pile.
Do not light the burn pile.
Pile the garbage near the drive for removal.
Go to the hardware store.​

Also in the envelope were two $100 bills and a list of tools, parts, and hardware. It was obvious that there was to be a great many projects accomplished in the days and weeks to come by the inclusivity of the list. Despite the number of items, there was no mention of using the estate vehicle for the errand. In fact, there didn't appear to be an estate vehicle anywhere on the property. The owner apparently expected Kevin to use his own vehicle or carry the items the two miles from the hardware store back to the estate.

There wasn't much more offered by the envelope: no direction as too which task was a priority; no assumption of how long the list would take; no instructions about what to do if Kevin finished early or couldn't finish all of the work.

And if he pressed the bell again or the button on the intercom, he would get no response.

He was essentially on his own.

Kevin had never had an interview, technically, he had never had a job other than a few baby sitting sessions for friends of his mother, but he was pretty confident this was not normal.

"You have come to apply for the position."
"Y-y-y-yes Ma'am I have

"What is your name?...Are you legally old enough to work for pay outside of the family home or business?" After saying his name, "Uh...well I am 18 years old, I believe that is old enough, yes."​

Kevin could feel himself sweating, certainly under his arms, hopefully there was no camera? He quickly looked around, he didn't see anything, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then the steady barrage of questions started:

Can you use a hammer and saw...? Y-yes, Ma'am
Can you drive a car...? Yes, but I don't own a car, I use my parents, when they let me
Can you operate a small tractor with a mowing attachment...? Sure, I guess...I can figure it out
Do you live on your own or with your parents...? With my parents, is that okay?
Will your parents allow you to work late evenings or early morning...? My mother will be happy to see me get out of the house
Will your social life prevent you from being on call...? Unfortunately no, there will be no conflicts​

The questions continued, Kevin didn't know if he was doing well or poorly, it wasn't as if the box or the woman behind it provided feedback. He was just honest, he didn't know any other way to act. When it finally ended there was silence, he just stood there, not sure whether to talk...or leave...so he waited. "You may begin Monday. Be here at precisely 8am. Under the rock on the railing to your left, you will find a list of tasks to be completed that day. The following day, you will a new list and your pay from the day before. So long as you return each day, you will find new tasks and pay for previous ones....If ever you fail to show … you need not return afterward. Are we clear?" His voice was almost a whisper, but he understood, and he wouldn't let her down, he never let anyone down. "Yes, Ma'am....thank you."

He walked away slowly, not wanting to make a fool of himself, but as soon as he was out the gate, he fired his fist into the air, and a huge grin crossed his face. Kevin didn't have a lot of affirmative moments, but this was one, she had wanted him, hired him, and suddenly he felt an incredible loyalty and affection to this nameless, faceless, ageless woman's voice coming from some old crackly black box.

He started to run over to Penny's, he wanted to share his news, his accomplishment with someone, anyone who might care. Then he stopped, she wouldn't be there, she would be out with some popular boy, or girlfriends, doing things most kids did, just things he didn't. So he sent a text. "I got the job!" And then he went home, went up to his bedroom and went on-line and played a game with some "friend" he would never meet.

*******​
On Monday morning he was up by 6:30 AM, showered and breakfast by 7:00, at the Greeley House gate at 7:45, and at exactly two minutes to 8 he took his list out of the box. He looked at the list and committed it to memory, but also kept the paper, just in case! Kevin didn't have a car at his disposal, but he knew where the hardware store is, so he took off and ran there. He ran the two miles in 12 minutes, soaking wet he went into the store and purchased WD-40 and garbage bags, the cost was eleven dollars and thirty-two cents, he kept a receipt. He jogged back, but the round trip was under thirty five minutes total.

The work itself was straight forward, the hinges took less than a minute, but there was a ton of debri. Three hours later the yard was perfect, not a stick or a stone in the yard. He piled everything into a neat burn pile, but DID NOT light it. Another forty five minutes to collect and baggage the excessive garbage the old house had somehow accumulated, and then he set it in the driveway.

When he finished, he checked all the items on the list with a pencil in his pocket. he put the change and the receipt and folded it in the envelope, and then he recorded his time. Four hours, fifty three minutes. He signed it Kevin Thomas.

It was almost 1 PM, when Kevin left the house, his work complete. He was very proud of himself, he felt he head worked efficiently and diligently, but then he stopped. What did he do now for the rest of his day?

The peculiarity of Kevin's job only got more so as time went on...

The second day when he arrived he found pretty much the same he had the day before: a list of tasks, longer this time as he had finished so early the day before; a hundred dollar bill for tools, wood, and hardware he would need; and impressively artistic, hand drawn diagrams of the repairs that were expected to be made to some steps and railings.

Oh, and his pay. Kevin had indicated that he'd worked four hours, fifty three minutes. In a second envelope under the rock was a note that said: 5 hours @ $7.25/hr. Kevin, like so many of his classmates working coffee stands, sandwich shops, and mall clothing stores, was probably all too aware that their State went by the Federal minimum wage. It was far from a living wage, which was probably why 95% of those on it were also collecting food benefits and used the State's horrifically inadequate public health care system. So, in the envelope, Kevin would find $40, which like the hours worked had been rounded up a bit.

Whether he was okay with the pittance or just wanted to see what would happen next, Kevin did his work and came back for a third day. As before, he found the list of tasks; this third day was all about scraping old paint and sanding wooden fixtures. And he found his pay envelope. As the advertisement had said, there was a bump in pay: $7.50/hour, and again the cents were rounded up.

The four day went much as had the third, second, and first before it, with yet another bump in compensation. This time, the rate was $8.25. The fourth payday, Friday? $9.50, and there was a $50 bill with a Post-It stuck to it saying simply, Bonus.

By the time Kevin finished his second week, he was making $13.25/hour, and Friday morning his envelope included another Post-It stating Bonus … attached this time to a $100 bill.

By the time Kevin was about to start his third weekend with pay in his pocket, Kevin had been working for the owner of the Greeley House for 3 weeks. He completed most of the basic exterior repairs, excluding the roof which seemed to have been intentionally ignored. Ironically, he was yet to go inside the house. Even more strangely, be was yet to meet his mysterious employer. In fact, the woman hadn't talked to Kevin since the day of his interview. He hadn't heard from her, seen her, seen and evidence of her even being on the property with the exception of the daily envelopes.

And then it happened...

It was after sundown on his longest day of work yet. Kevin was returning his tools to the shed on the porch -- which he'd built, of course -- when the intercom speaker crackled. "Kevin … will you please come inside. I think it's time we met."

He may or may not have noticed it, but when he'd ascended the porch, the front door was not only unlocked but it was cracked open a bit. When he came in, he would find a surprise: the hallway was immaculate and elegantly appointed. It led into a library furnished in very much the same way it had been when the house was first built. And standing before the fireplace awaiting his arrival was his employer.

(OOC: My character's images are seriously out of context. Use your imagination.)

"Watch the carpet," she warned politely. She casually pointed a long outstretched finger toward his dirty boots as he was about to enter the room. "You may take them off … if you would like to join me for a cup of tea … or … you could simply stay where you are … and I will bring a cup of tea to you."

Once he made his decision about his boots, she approached him slowly. She studied him conspicuously, taking him in from head to toe and back again. She wore a pleased smile. It was an expression that was short of hungry lust … but definitely within shouting distance of such a survey.

"My name is Sophia Maria della Rosario," she said as she crossed toward Kevin. "You may call me Miss della Rosario."

Sophia offered her hand out to the young man. Out of habit, the palm of her hand down, to allow Kevin to kiss the back of it. She smiled a bit wider, remembering where and when she was; she rolled it outward to present a more modern handshake customary for this time and place.

"It is a joy to finally make your acquaintance, Kevin," she went on. Her accent was so very much more obvious here, face to face with Kevin. But once again, it would be unfamiliar to him. It wasn't Spanish or Italian as Sophia's name might suggest. It almost seemed Eastern European, but it wasn't Slavic or Czech or Romanian or really anything the young man might have seen in the movies or heard amongst the dozen or so European immigrant families that had moved into Harrison during Kevin's lifetime.

"Tea?" she asked with an expectant tone. She gestured to one of the antique chairs flanking the fireplace as she moved to fill two cups. "Sugar...? Cream?"

She listened to his response, fulfilled the order, and returned to stand over him as she offered the cup out. Again, she studied him for a long moment, lifting her own cup to her lips as her eyes almost bore into his own. She turned to take her own seat, but she didn't hurry. If he were watching, Kevin would get a seconds long gander at her shapely ass, the dress fitting tightly to it like a second skin. She sat, her stiff posture revealing a regulated upbringing. Again she simply studied Kevin for a long moment.

"You have proven yourself to be a dedicated and hard working young man, Kevin," she finally began. She sipped her tea before continuing, "I would like to extend your duties if you were open to greater responsibility … and greater compensation, as well."

She listened to his response, stood, crossed to a tall light table, and retrieved a leather pouch. It was akin to a banker's deposit bag but most certainly wasn't. It was old, perhaps hundreds of years so, and it had a family crest that in the future Kevin would notice in other parts of the house. It had no modern zipper but instead was held shut with a thin leather thong that wrapped around a button sewn loosely to one edge of the pouch.

"Come with me," Sophia said, turning and leaving the library as she said, "Bring your boots. You can return them to your feet on the porch."

She led Kevin down the hall, through the kitchen, and out the back of the home. The difference between the home's immaculate, well decorated, fully appointed interior and the rundown, though -- because of Kevin's hard work -- much nicer exterior had to be startling. At the top of the steps, Sophia gestured for Kevin's assistance, took his hand, and gingerly descended the recently repaired steps.

"Wonderful work, Kevin," she said once she'd reached the bottom. She studied the stairs, even stepping back onto the bottom one before again descending. She smiled. "Wonderful work."

She continued onward, down a weed choked stone path to the also weed choked gravel drive. Kevin's work had not involved the building out back as of yet. The nearest he'd even gotten to it was picking up yard debris, mowing the lawn, and raking leaves. It had once held the farm's truck, tractors, and hay baler. Today, it stored something quite different.

"Please," she asked Kevin, indicating the double doors to the three separate bays. As he opened each one per Sophia's command, he would find 1947 Studebaker M5 Pickup Truck, a 1966 Ford Mustang convertible, and a World War II era US Army motorcycle with sidecar. As if speaking of three common vehicles sitting down at little ol' Harrison's only used car lot, Sophia explained, "The pickup can be used for hauling things. The car … well, you can't be walking to and fro every day as you have been, so … when you leave tonight, feel free to take that home with you. You may use it as you need, for personal applications if you wish. Do you … what do they call it today … date?"

She waited for a response if he offered one, then looked back to the motorcycle. "I am afraid this old relic does not operate at the moment. It requires parts, and as I am not comfortable piloting such a vehicle, I simply have not completed the repairs on it. If you have any interest in motorcycles, Kevin, you could feel free to do some work on it … on your own time, of course … and, occasionally, you could feel free to utilize it as well."

She offered out the leather bag. "Keys for all three vehicles are inside. There is cash to spend on petroleum for use when working, but if you use a vehicle for your own purposes, I trust that you will pay for that fuel from your own purse, yes?"

Sophia turned and headed back for the house as if their business here was done. But then she hesitated and turned to look to Kevin again. "You have one of these little portable telephonic devices … a cell-u-lar phone … yes?"

Again, she waited for a reply, contemplated with a growing smile, and told him, "I would like to learn how to use one. Do you think you could purchase one for me next week?"

Response, and then the offer of another handshake. "Thank you, Kevin. You are a good boy. Excuse me … sorry … a good man."

She smiled and even chuckled a slight bit. She looked off to the Ford, then back, and demanded, "Now, off with you. Enjoy your weekend, and be here early on Monday … let's call it 5am. Too early?"

And she was gone, turning and heading up the drive, up the path, and into the house, never once looking back Kevin's way.

Kevin came back to work the next day, the thing that most surprised and pleased him was the generosity of his nameless, faceless employer, both the topime he had worked and the amount per hour were rounded up. Admittedly, the initial wage was minimal, but other kids he knew were getting paid the same minimum wage, and his was all cash! Little did he know that was just the beginning.

The next day, was the same as the first, he arrived early, showered and ready. Their was a list waiting, and ample funds to purchase what he needed. This time the trip home was a bit harder, in fact it took two trips to get the lumber and supplies, the two miles back home. He didn’t mind, the exercise, even in the summer heat felt good. Plus he was paid by the hour and these trips were necessary. Kevin was diligent in his work, never dallying, but today’s efforts, including the minor carpentry took just under 8 hours. He dutifully wrote down 7:47 as his time, and he left the change and the receipt from the money she had left, plus receipts that tallied exactly to the differential.

Tonight he was tired and went home, and ate dinner with his parents. His mother inquired about his job and he filled her in on the details. To the extent he knew them, he was understandably vague when it came to his employer. That night he did not just go up to his room, he stayed downstairs, watched a ballgame with his Dad, and his mother smiled at the subtle differences this job was making.

The next day he was pleasantly surprised to see he had received a raise. He was even more pleasantly surprised, when this happened every day, including a $50 bonus. By the endo fo the second week, he was making $13.25 per hour and with his now $100 bonus, he was making more money than he ever dreamed possible. But that wasn’t all, for the first time, when he looked in the mirror, he liked who he saw, no longer the loser, sneezy, he had an employer who apparently valued him greatly!

The end of the third week was coming, but Friday, along with more pay,and another bonus brought a most unexpected surprise. The voice from the black box spoke to him for the first time since his interview, "Kevin … will you please come inside. I think it's time we met." He gasped, worried he had done something wrong, or this job of a lifetime, at least as far as he was concerned, was over. He pushed the door open, not sure what to expect?

What he saw was definitely not what he expected! The home was older, but ornate and beautiful. Immaculate and obviously expensively decorated. He walked in and then he saw her, and she was...beautiful. Truly, she was stunning, he gasped and she looked at him. He had never been, almost in a room, with a woman this beautiful, in his whole life. "Watch the carpet," she warned politely...You may take them off … if you would like to join me for a cup of tea … or … you could simply stay where you are … and I will bring a cup of tea to you."

She was very nice about it, but Kevin was suddenly very aware of what a mess he was. He looked behind him, and mercifully his seat was clean. He looked int the eyes of an angel, “No, ma’am. I w outdoor like to join you, let me just sit out here and take these off...I...I’m sorry, I’m such a mess.” He said it softly, almost reverently, embarrassed he might soil any part of her, or her property. He did as he said, leaving his boots in the hall and walked inside. "My name is Sophia Maria della Rosario...You may call me Miss della Rosario." The words were said as though spoken by an angel, sung by a nightingale. Kevin officially had the second crush of his life, he could feel his tongue swelling and tying in his mouth.

However, this one was even further out of his league than the first. If Kevin were in rookie ball, and Penny double A, then Miss Della Rosario was the major leagues, if not a Hall Of Famer. ‘Peeny?’ He ad almost forgotten. She was coming home, maybe today. How could he have forgotten? Before this job, certainly before Miss Della Rosario, he thought of her at least 50 times per day. This past week, other than the day he got the text that she was coming home early, he hadn’t thought of her at all.

She moved toward him, and he stumbled toward, his legs not functioning at their exact best. She extended her hand...oddly! Finally he took hers and shook it, his hands nervous and clammy. "It is a joy to finally make your acquaintance, Kevin,...Tea?...Sugar...? Cream?" He was stunned at her beauty, and youth. Why had he imagined a gnarled old woman when his mind could have fantasized on a super model? His eyes were feasting, his mind incapacitated. Certainly unable to answer a question as devilishly complex as what he would like in his tea! Finally he managed and answer, “Sugar please, ma’a...uh...Miss Della Rosario.” When she turned to sit, his heart almost stopped, and his surprisingly well endowed cock got hard. Not only did she have the face of a super model, but the body, specifically an ass,of a Victoria’s Secret model. He quite unintendedly let out a small sigh, no, really more of a moan.

She sat, perfect posture, a queen or a princess, but she again eyed him up and down. He didn’t mind, actually, for some unknown reason he liked it, for he could sense, maybe for the first time in his life, other than his mother, a woman liked what she saw in him. Her words confirmed it. "You have proven yourself to be a dedicated and hard working young man, Kevin,... I would like to extend your duties if you were open to greater responsibility … and greater compensation, as well." His mouth fell open. He would say yes, like the suddenly lovestruck teenager he was, but more compensation, that didn’t seem right.

“Miss Della Rosario...you have already been too kind, I am thrilled with my compensation...but I am happy to do more, I want to try to do whatever you need me to do, anytime you want it, as often as you need it.” In his blatant honest and unbridled lust, he made a bit of a fool of himself, but that was Kevin, he wouldn’t know how to lie, or deliver a line, if he had to!” She seemed Please as she grabbed a leather pouch, "Come with me...Bring your boots. You can return them to your feet on the porch."

He did exactly as told, and smiled, no beamed as she complimented his work outside. He was glad though that his Dad couldn’t see. Truth be told, Kevin hated yard work, but for her, this job, anything! They walked to an old shed. Past several yards of garden issues Kevin assumed would soon be on one of his daily lists. As she requested, he opened the doors and saw three of the coolest things he had ever seen. Despite not owning one, of any kind, Kevin was a car enthusiast! He looked at her, and she spoke matter of factly, "The pickup can be used for hauling things. The car … well, you can't be walking to and fro every day as you have been, so … when you leave tonight, feel free to take that home with you. You may use it as you need, for personal applications if you wish. Do you … what do they call it today … date?"

Kevin did a double take, “ The mustang, mine to use, are you sure? Oh thank you, I will take such good care!” Then he remembered the painful part of her question, “Uh no, I don’t date, I’ve never had a real girlfriend.” He let the last part go, nothing could ruin this. This couldn’t really be happening. This job, this woman, this car! She looked at the motorcycle, something almost as cool as the car. She looked at the classic motorcycle, "I am afraid this old relic does not operate at the moment. It requires parts, and as I am not comfortable piloting such a vehicle, I simply have not completed the repairs on it. If you have any interest in motorcycles, Kevin, you could feel free to do some work on it … on your own time, of course … and, occasionally, you could feel free to utilize it as well."

Kevin walked over, and sat down, putting his hands on the throttle and handlebars. “ Yes, I would like to do that, maybe even this weekend, if I could?” He got up and walked back to her. She Handed him the folder, Keys for all three vehicles are inside. There is cash to spend on petroleum for use when working, but if you use a vehicle for your own purposes, I trust that you will pay for that fuel from your own purse, yes?" He smiled as he took the pouch, “Yes, that is my responsibility.”

She again reached out to him, "Thank you, Kevin. You are a good boy. Excuse me … sorry … a good man." The smile went ear to ear. While boy was more correct, she had managed the impossible, making him feel like a man. She smiled at him,his heart nearly exploding in his chest. "Now, off with you. Enjoy your weekend, and be here early on Monday … let's call it 5am. Too early?" Now it was his turn to smile, “I told you, anytime, anyhow you need me...I am your MAN!”

She was gone, but was pleasantly surprised when the car turned over on the first try. He took the long way home, past the high school, the hotdog and ice cream shop, he was dying for someone, anyone to see him. No one did. He went home, pulled in his driveway, and looked over at Penny’s house. He wondered if she was back? What would she think of his new car? Would she care, be impressed? Probably not.

He went inside and heard his mother call, “ What is that in the driveway?” He smiled, at least someone saw. “ Oh, my boss gave it to me to use, it is part of the job.” He said it like it was a pen or backpack rather than a classic sports car, given to an 18 year old. However, he had work to do, he fired up his computer. However, now there was no thought of gaming, he was doing research on WW II motorcycles and how to fix and restore them...

“The mustang, mine to use, are you sure? Oh thank you, I will take such good care!”

Sophia almost immediately responded, "Many people who find themselves in possession of beautiful things which were simply given to them often do not treasure them as much as if they'd earned them through hard work, Kevin. Keep this in mind … and keep in mind that I am not simply giving this car to you. You will earn its use through future work. In the long run, we both will gain from this arrangement."

When he explained that he didn't date, Sophia was secretively happy. It meant two very different things, both of which were good for her: first, he would be more readily available when she called upon him; and second, he wouldn't likely be sharing information about Sophia with a lover via pillow talk, or what ever the teenage version of that might be.

Regarding repairing the motorcycle, Kevin excitedly said, “Yes, I would like to do that, maybe even this weekend, if I could?”

"You may," Sophia told him without hesitation. "Regarding the cost … the parts will certainly be high. I have been led to believe that original replacements are hard to find and sometimes very expensive. Seeing as the vehicle belongs to me, I will reimburse you for the parts as you receive them. Original parts only, Kevin. I do not wish to look out her one day to find a Frankenstein of a motor bike, reconstructed of whatever you were able to find in a salvage yard. Understood?"

Once inside, Sophia went to her third floor window and watch the classic Ford pass out through the gate. She smiled, pleased with herself. She'd made the young man very happy today. Even more, though, she'd indebted him to her for the days and weeks to come. So long as she moved slowly and did not frighten him, Sophia had likely found all she needed in a man in the boy named Kevin Thomas

Penny had caught a plane as opposed to a train for her return to Harrison. She hated planes. She hated airports. But if God had been listening to her prayers, Penny's plane would fall from the sky, exploding in a giant fire ball and ending her pain.

She was supposed to have stayed in Seattle until after the 4th of July weekend, as she had every year for as long as she could remember. But this year, some distant female relative with a newborne had gotten seriously ill, and Penny's grandmother had insisted on helping care for that child instead of entertaining Penny for the holiday. So much for Penny's fun in the Evergreen state.

The nearest airport into which she could fly home was 60 miles from Harrison. None of her friends or family were immediately available to pick her up on such short notice. She wanted to t.c surprise Kevin, so she didn't call him. (She had no idea that her mother had already told his mother, and that Kevin was expecting to see her tomorrow.) Getting home was no problem, though. At the airport,
waiting four get departure, Penny had met a 22 year old guy who lived in the next county over from Harrison He was returning home from college at the University of Washington for a family funeral on the same flight Penny was taking.

His home was 30 miles east of the airport, and Harrison was 60 to the west. Despite that, he was more than willing to give Penny and her luggage a ride home. Believing that you might one day have a chance at fucking such a beautiful young redhead as Penny tended to make guys do things like this. If course, she didn't do anything to dissuade him of believing the possibility was real. Penny wasn't normally a tease. But she'd had a bad week.

There was no threat of ever having to fulfill the young man's fantasy, though. Penny's mother would never let her date a guy who was old enough to buy alcohol. Besides, Penny hadn't been saving her virginity all these years to give it up to a Geology Major just for a ride home from the airport.

Once at her home, Penny gave the young man her phone number and a long, deeply erotic kiss, then went inside. She got out of her travel clothes, showered, napped, redressed, and headed for Kevin's house. She was excited to see her best friend after 3 weeks without his company. It was an excitement that ended quickly when she learned he was still at work and might be until nearly dark.

Kevin had very excitedly told Penny about his new job, via calls and texts. And she was happy for him. But … she wanted some attention. And she wasn't going to get it tonight from the one person she'd thought would be sitting on the porch of his home like a loyal puppy, waiting for her to return.

Penny visited with his mother for an hour or so, then headed downtown to see if anyone was out and about. She ran into some friends and classmates and had some laughs. But it wasn't the same as having Kevin here with her. She was sitting in a window-side booth of the ice cream parlor gossiping about the previous three weeks with some of the girls when one of them perked up in her seat with wide eyes.

"Check that out," she said, pointing to a beautiful, Navy Blue Ford Mustang that had come to a stop at Harrison's one and only stop light. The girl's eyes widened as she said with a shocked tone, "Oh my God...! Is that … Kevin Thomas?"

Penny spun in her chair just in time to see the car cruise by … and yes … holy fuck! That was Kevin behind the wheel. She stood and waved her hands excitedly, but there simply was no chance of him seeing her. She pulled out her phone to call him, only to find it dead.

"Quick! Someone give me your phone," Penny demanded of the others. "Which one of you has Kevin's cell phone number in your contact--"

Before she even finished her question, Penny was drowned out by the laughter. One of the girls asked, "You seriously think one of us would waste space in our contact list for Kevin Taylor?"

Penny dropped into her seat and glared at the girl. The laughter and fun continued, though this time a lot of it was about Penny's best friend. She just sat there pretending not to care until finally she lied and said she was due home.

“What is that in the driveway?”

Ruth Thomas pressed her face against the window to see past the reflection of the kitchen lights.

“Oh, my boss gave it to me to use, it is part of the job.”

She spun to look at her boy, laughing in surprise. She began, "My word, Kevin, that's the same make and model car that I--"

Ruth stopped suddenly, flushing red. She'd been about to admit that she'd lost her virginity in just such a car back when she was 16 years old. But she caught herself, telling him instead, "--car that your father first kissed me in."

She turned away from him, knowing her face and neck, too, had become a fiery red. She asked about his day at work as she always did. Today he had a lot more to say than usual, telling his mother that he'd finally met the owner of the Greeley House. She asked a bunch of questions about the woman before Kevin headed upstairs to his computer.

When she called him down for a small bowl of ice cream, Ruth said with a bit of a tentative tone, "Honey … you know that you need to watch yourself when you're at work, right...? Do you know what I mean...? You're working at a house far from any others ... working alone … for someone you only just met today ... an older woman … single … strange woman."

Last edited:
As Kevin drove around the small town square, past the malt shop, he had not seen the girls in the window, and he most definitely had not seen Penny standing up waving at him. That part was unfortunate as he would have loved for her to be the first one in the finest thing anyone had ever given him in his life. He knew it wasn't a gift, far from it, and he needed to treat it with the tenderest of care. Oh he might take it to a spot where he could open it up a bit and feel the power of the engine under his control, feel the wind in his hair of the open convertible, but there would be no joy riding, kids hanging out the back, he would treat it with the proper reverence, of the responsibility Miss della Rosario had entrusted him with.

That was the unfortunate part, the fortunate part was he also missed the conversation that ensued. He knew kids were mean, and he knew, no matter how much he changed, he was still the weakling sick little sneezy, they had grown up laughing at. It was ironic, Kevin was now as muscular and cut as any boy in that high school, yet there was not a girl at that table, sadly even Penny included, that had ever even considered running their fingers down his sculpted abs. Of course he never showed them, not like the other boys in their tight t-shirts and tank tops, nope Kevin took subtlety to an extreme, which was what made his brief joy ride around town in "his" classic sports car so unique.

How long he looked up at Penny's window he didn't know, but he hoped later, he might get a message across their own private communication line, that let him know she was home. They had sent texts and talked, but there was something about being together, that made him feel special, even though her thoughts of him could not be more platonic.

He had tried to rush through his mother, not wanting to face the third degree. It seemed it had worked until she later called him down for ice cream and the interrogation began. Upstairs it took him a bit of time to find what he was looking for, but ultimately he found a class motorcycle enthusiast web site. There he read about all sorts of rare motorcycles: The 1916 Taub, the 1911 Levis, the 1931 Coventry Eagle. The stories behind these motorcycles were fascinating, but so was learning how much a was worth. These classics who sold for under $2,000 in their day were now worth $50,000 to $100,000 each.

Miss della Rosario was right, parts would be expensive, but they were shockingly still available, just exceedingly rare. He now knew what he needed to do tomorrow. Break down the bike and do an inventory of components. he would need to carefully label and measure everything, and then talk to Miss della Rosario about what to buy and how to do it. He guessed it was going to take $3 to 5 thousand in parts to fully fix, and he had no capacity for those types of purchases.

He heard his mother call up, and innocently walked down to face her questions and allegations. Kevin was downstairs, eating rocky road, one of his favorites, but had barely put the first spoonful in his mouth, when she began, "Honey … you know that you need to watch yourself when you're at work, right...? Do you know what I mean...? You're working at a house far from any others ... working alone … for someone you only just met today ... an older woman … single … strange woman."

Thank goodness the ice cream was cold, because his mother's words had Kevin's rarely seen temper turning red hot! "STOP!" he yelled, then took a deep breath to collect himself after the mini explosion. "Stop, stop the innuendo, stop the questioning of someone actually doing something nice for me, of appreciating me and treating me as something more than a sickly kid, or a doll they were afraid ob breaking. Miss della Rosario is not old or strange..." He paused, well there were come eccentricities about her, but this was no time to discuss those, he was defending his beautiful employer's honor.

"She has been nothing but respectful in every aspect, she has appreciated the quality of my work and rewarded me handsomely...and today, giving me the use of that car is the nicest thing ANYONE has ever done for me. I will not have you questioning her character or intent....Mom, all you would have to do is see her and you would no she could not possibly see me like you suggest. She may be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen...." He probably should have left that out and when he replayed this conversation in his head, he did regret that part.

"Mom, she has been appreciative and generous, and this job has made me feel better about myself than anything I have ever done. Today, she even referred to me as a man..." Another tactical mistake on Kevin's part. "...no one has ever referred to me or even considered me a man before...not even you...but I am becoming a man...if people would only give my a chance I could prove it...well she is giving me a chance...and this is the best thing that has ever happened to me."

He didn't wait for an answer, he left his ice cream only a single spoonful eaten and went to his room. With his first week's pay he had gone to the sporting good store and purchased some free weights, a curling bar, some dumb bells and a squat bar and 250 pounds in free weights. He took off his shirt, and put 150 pounds in weights and sat down on his bed. He needed to let out steam, and so he began curling, his biceps and pecs flexing as he began to feel better. After twenty reps he looked up, looked straight across their yards...and into Penny's bedroom window...

"STOP!"

Ruth went instantly silent at her son's demand. He rarely raised his voice to anyone. And in all his life, he'd only done so to his mother on maybe a half dozen occasions. She was about to chastise him for his behavior. But as Kevin explained his feelings, Ruth came to understand and feel for him. It was true, of course; Ruth had babied her son all his life, particularly after her husband died in an accident and left her all alone with a young, often frail 'tween.

He was growing up, both physically and emotionally. Ruth needed to accept that. Kevin was becoming a man. Of course, comments like She may be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen … she referred to me as a man … if people would only give me a chance to prove I'm a man … and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me weren't making this easy for Ruth.

Of course, Kevin hadn't actually said that this Miss della Rosario was the best thing that had ever happened to him. He'd actually been speaking of the job. But that wasn't how his mother had heard it. She watched him storm off to the stairs, then slumped down onto her stool to contemplate what had happened. He's not a little boy anymore, she tried to convince herself. But … she was still his mother.

Ruth headed up the stairs with Kevin's bowl of shunned ice cream. She arrived at his open door to find him shirtless, working out … and staring out his window out over the two yards at the window of the next house. Ruth couldn't help but smile. Deep in her heart, she'd always hoped that her son and Vera's daughter would one day tie the knot. Penny was such a sweet girl and such a beauty as well. She was intelligent, and while her own senior-to-be was still weighing his post-high school future, Penny had already been offered a scholarship in the Veterinarian Program at Oregon State University. She had a bright future before her, and Ruth and Vera both hoped that some how their children would find a way to advance their lifelong friendship into a lifelong relationship of love, children, and happiness.

"Honey," Ruth said softly, drawing Kevin's attention from the movement in the far window. She set the ice cream bowl on his desk as she told him, "You're right. I shouldn't speak ill of a woman who is doing such wonderful things for you … a woman who I haven't even met and, therefore … should not be … well … you know what I'm trying to say."

Ruth glanced past her son toward Penny's window, the back again to Kevin. She said with a firmness he would know as the this is the way it's gonna be tone, "So … let's fix that … my not knowing your new employer. I want you to invite her to dinner this week. I'll cook that chicken dish you like so much … and some vegetarian, too, just in case. When you see … is her first name Della … or, is her surname della Rosario...?"

Ruth listened to her son's response, then finished, "Anyway … Tuesday night … Wednesday if she can't make it. You tell your boss we would love to host her for dinner."

She wouldn't take any negative response to her invitation if Kevin had one. She was going to meet this woman who was so tantalizing her young, impressionable son no matter what it took. If Miss della Rosario wouldn't come here, then Ruth and her son would go there. Ruth moved to Kevin to give him a hug, repelled at the sweat and smell of it, kissed him on the cheek instead, and headed out of his room, tossing back over her shoulder, "Tuesday night, young man. Wednesday if necessary!"

Even before Ruth's footsteps down the stairs left Kevin's ears, another sound filled them … the squeaker. Years ago -- before they'd had cell phones -- Kevin and Penny had run a clothes line between two pullies screwed into the walls of their respective homes, just outside their bedroom windows. They'd used the system for communication and entertainment nearly every day as youths. And while it didn't get much use now that they had cell phones, it was still strung between the two homes ... and because of the sound the pullies made, they called it The Squeaker.

Hanging out her bedroom window, Penny pulled on the looped line with both hands, listening to the sporadic squeals. By the time the stop knot hit the pulley at the end of the line, Kevin had opened his window and leaned out himself. She smiled to him, retreated into her room, and shut her window. The note he would find said: Stop showing off your manly man muscles and meet me on pukey.

Pukey was their pet name for the little kiddy merry-go-round in the little park around which their city block's 8 homes sat. It had gotten its name the very day Penny and Kevin first met. He'd been on the metal contraption and she'd been spinning it ... too fast, they were soon to learn. His face was getting progressively whiter with each pass, and had he passed by, Kevin had suddenly and massively puked, spraying Penny from head to waist. She'd been horrified by the event at the time, but in the end it had become the catalyst for a lasting and loving friendship. She couldn't even count the number of times since that first day that they'd laid on it ... heads together in the middle ... feet pointing outward in opposite directions ... staring up at the stars ... of course, with pukey motionless.

Penny hurried down outside and was standing in the merry-go-round's center when Kevin arrived. It was an unusually warm evening, and no one was going to see them out here, so she'd come out in what she'd been wearing while stretching in her room: a skin tight, form fitting sports bra that highlighted her firm B-cups with their ever-hard nipples, a pair of equally tight, mid-thigh length yoga pants, and deck shoes. A city street light behind Penny put her in silhouette to Kevin's approach up the slight hill, which may for a moment have made her almost appear nude, as opposed to simply scantily clad.

"I'm so glad to see you!" Penny called out as she surged forward and threw herself into Kevin's arms. She hugged his head so tightly to her that he probably couldn't breath, then lowered herself to the ground before him. She grasped his hand and pulled him onto the ride, saying, "Come on, let's take a spin."

Of course, take a spin for them only meant lay on their backs and stare at the stars. She laid back, squealing as the cold metal came into contact with the bare skin of her legs and the small of her back. They were big enough kids now that when they stretched out, their heads were now side by side, almost ear to ear. She told him to tell her all about his new job and what was happening in town. (Penny didn't actually expect Kevin to know anything about the latter, of course.) She then told him about the fun she'd been having in and around Seattle.

Things went quiet for a while ... then ... out of simply no where at all ... Penny asked Kevin, "Do you think she's a cougar...? I mean ... has she, you know ... made a move on you or ... invited you to, you know ... perform some labor in her bedroom?"

Kevin felt a bit bad as he got back to his room. His mother had always been supportive of him, just protective, and how could he blame her as he had been close to death, more than once, during that disjointed fifth grade year. So when she came in meekly with his ice cream, he was going to say he was sorry, that was until she compounded his problem. "So … let's fix that … my not knowing your new employer. I want you to invite her to dinner this week. I'll cook that chicken dish you like so much … and some vegetarian, too, just in case. When you see … is her first name Della … or, is her surname della Rosario...?" Aaarrrggghhh, all he responded was “della Rosario is her surname.”

How could he explain Sophia Maria della Rosario to his mother, how he, himself had met her in person all of once. Did she eat? Well, of course she ate, but he had never seen evidence of a single living soul, including her, around the house. His mom walked out of his room happy, Kevin miserable, the concept of their three-way date firm in her mind.

The squeak was a call from his angel, the note made him both laugh and smile. Other than that first time, the memories of meeting at Pukey with her were some of his favorites. At least she had noticed the muscles, he’d be lying if he didn’t acknowledge that Penny had been a primary motivation. He tossed on a t-shirt that used to be baggy, but with his new physique clung to him like a second skin.

The smile on his face disappeared when he saw his mom. “Listen, Miss della Rosario is very, very private. Mom, you’re request is reasonable, and if I can, I will ask. However, I am not sure when that will be. In the entire time I have worked there, all three weeks, today was the first time I actually saw or talked to her. Usually there is just a list of tasks to be done, money for supplies, and money for my prior day’s work. I repeat, she is a very private person. So, please don’t make me push this, if she is unwilling, or if it takes a while before I get the chance to talk to her at all? I love this job, and I don’t want to mess it up!”

Kevin left, and he could only imagine what his mother was thinking, however, that concern was quickly supplanted by the excitement of seeing Penny. Each time they had reconnected after an absence, Penny somehow looked better, filling her curves out more perfectly, and in the night light, if he didn’t know better, he would have sworn his girl, or at least how he liked to think of her, had come naked to meet him. Even knowing better, that momentary fantasy caused a reaction that his recent thoughts of her had been constantly provoking, a raging...massive...shockingly well endowed...hard on!

"I'm so glad to see you!" He smiled ear to ear as she closed the gap and threw herself at him as she liked to do. Hugging his neck and having her body pressed against his as she did, she must have felt his pulsating, purple pylon of passion between them. However, all he did was hug her, his best friend, and tease her, “manly man muscles huh, pretty good for old sneezy?” He voiced the nickname rarely said in front of him, but pervasively used behind his back.

"Come on, let's take a spin." He couldn’t refuse that! They laid there, ear to ear, talking, telling each other everything, things their mother’s would have killed to know. Everything that is, except any thing Penny might have done with other boys. Part of the magic for Kevin, maybe for both of them, was in his mind, despite the rumors, and Penny’s bravado, she was in certain ways as innocent as Kevin, at least in the important stuff. It might not have been true, but if it wasn’t, Penny never let on or confirmed, and Kevin went home each night fantasizing that they were merely saving themselves for the right time.

Therefore, it was a bit out of character, when Penny suddenly asked, "Do you think she's a cougar...? I mean ... has she, you know ... made a move on you or ... invited you to, you know ... perform some labor in her bedroom?" Kevin turned a bright shade of crimson, luckily not readily seen in the dark night, “Pennnny!, No...at least I don’t think so..of course not, heck you know better than anyone I’m not exactly experienced...but no, other than handing her hand to me kinda funny to shake, she hadn’t touched me. Penny you should see her though, I swear she looks like one of those women in a James Bond movie...do you think a Bond girl would make a move on me?”

Kevin started laughing hysterically at the idea, until he rolled over and started tickling Penny until she was laughing too, just like they had done for years. The only difference now was those exposed ribs were bordered to the north by spectacular young, pert breasts, and to the south by...heaven! Suddenly he looked into her sparkling eyes, the moon and stars dancing joyously. “Did you see the car in the driveway, the mustang convertible? It is amazing...do you wanna take a ride...you know I’ve never been to the point!”

Last edited:
“Pennnny!

She couldn't help but laugh at Kevin's reaction to asking him if his deflowering (if that applied to guys) was imminent with this older, mysterious woman.

He spoke about the car in the driveway, then said, "You know I’ve never been to the point!”

Again Penny laughed. "The Point is where people go to make out ... or even more! Are you hoping to get lucky tonight, Mister Manly Man Thomas?"

Before he could answer, Penny laughed loudly and gave him a shove. Kevin rolled backwards off the merry-go-round to the bark padding surrounding it. She quickly hopped up and began running for her house. As Kevin rolled about to regain himself, she hollered back over her shoulder, "Take me to the lake tomorrow! You can show off your new hot rod ... and I can show off my new bikini!"

She would make it to her back door before Kevin could either catch her if he came that way or reach his own backdoor if he didn't. Inside, she would send Kevin a text before laying down, telling him it was so good to see him again. She would strip and don a more comfortable bra and panties for sleeping. But she wouldn't immediately fall asleep. Instead, she laid there for the longest time thinking about how much Kevin had changed in the last three weeks or so. This new job had made him so much more confident. And his improving physique hadn't gone unnoticed by her, though, most everyone else noticed nothing at all.

Is he lover material? she asked herself as she looked to the window and imagined Kevin on this side of it as opposed to 30 feet away. She couldn't really answer the question. Penny could see herself sleeping with Kevin. But ... boyfriend? She just didn't see him as such. And since she was saving herself for a guy who would be a long term boyfriend or, possibly, even a husband...

That didn't keep her from slipping her fingers down under the front of her panties and picturing Kevin while she fingered herself to an orgasm, though. They were at the Point under the full moon ... top down ... Kevin naked in the middle of the back seat ... Penny straddling his groin as she wrapped her arms about his head...

It was nice, very nice. And Penny knew that it was likely the closest the two of them would ever get to sharing sexual release together...

"The Point is where people go to make out ... or even more! Are you hoping to get lucky tonight, Mister Manly Man Thomas?" Kevin knew, of course he knew, and she would never know how much her laughter hurt him. Then she was gone, but not before, "Take me to the lake tomorrow! You can show off your new hot rod ... and I can show off my new bikini!"

Never now, always how happy she was to see him, and what they might do next the promise of tomorrow while denying today. She was an expert, but probably never realized how cruel. His so called buddy Steve’s words echoed in his brain, the ones he didn’t want to think or hear. “She just uses you man, you’re Mr. Dependable, while she can’t wait to give it up for every hot jock in school. Why do you let her make a fool of you, I know she’s hot, but she is less interested in you sexually than she is in some of her girlfriends?” Kevin laid there in the bark a few more minutes, feeling lonelier and dumber than before. It was amazing how fast she could pump him up, and then just as quickly shatter his heart into a million pieces. He thought about Miss della Rosario. If only Penny were right, what if she made a move, but then he laughed again at the absurdity. He was destined to die a virgin, hopelessly in love with girls/women that held no interest in him.

Off he walked, and when home, he quietly went to his room and kept the lights off. The lights in Penny’s room were off too. But the thought of her there, alone, in bed, made him hard, and this time he would not be denied. He began to stroke his lengthy cock, steadily increasing speed, until finally Penny helped him achieve that elusive release. Part of him loved her, part of him hated her, but all of him wanted her, and little did either of them know, they had just cum together!

Penny was up bright and early the next morning, as usual for a Saturday. She was a creature of habits and routines: 7am, up and at'em; 8am and fully stretched, time to jog the perimeter of the South Pond; 9am and showered, time to dress for the days activities and get in breakfast; and 8am, time to get out there in the world and have some fun.

It being a beautiful morning already, and now Penny's best male friend in all the world had a beautiful, classic convertible. So, her idea of have some fun today was get Kevin out on the road for a drive through the countryside. But when she knocked on the Thomas house's back door and was waved in by a happily smiling Ruth, she got a surprise.

"He's still in bed," the matriarch of the house said. When Penny asked if Kevin had been up all night playing MMORPGs again, the answer was again shocking. "No ... I, I think he went right to sleep when he came home. Maybe he's coming down with something. I should go up and--"

"I'll go," Penny cut in eagerly, laughing. "Let me wake him up."

The last time she'd come over early and woke him up, Penny had found Kevin all nervous and refusing to get out of bed. She'd suspected by his nervousness and body language that he'd awoken with morning wood. But although she teased him a bit about getting up and around, she left the room and went down to visit with his mother while he regained his composure.

Penny didn't want to embarrass him again, so she knocked on Kevin's door, then again with a call. Finally, she cracked the door, called his name again, and peeked inside. He was most definitely asleep. Penny cracked the door some more, and her eyes widened while her mouth fell open. He was most definitely asleep, and he most definitely had morning wood. Laying there on his back, there was a tent three or four inches tall over his groin where his firmly solidified erection was lifting the bedding up from over his lower belly.

She stared at the incredible sight for a long moment, peeking to his eyes several times to ensure he didn't catch her. She'd always known that Kevin was more than average in his endowment south of his belt line. There were times when, no matter what he was wearing, a guy simply couldn't hide the outline of his cock. Penny had long ago estimated that Kevin's own manhood ranged between 7 and 9 inches. It was harder to estimate girth when the male only ever wore loose clothing, as Kevin did more often than not. But Penny had determined that he was likely above average in that department, too.

She'd tried to make inconspicuous inquiries at school on occasion, hoping to learn from some of the boys in Kevin's P.E. class as to just what was hanging before his thighs. But that had gotten her nowhere: she couldn't ask him directly obviously because they weren't that kind of friends; she could ask her girlfriends to ask their boyfriends -- the ones in P.E. with him -- because then it would get all around school that Penny was hot for Kevin's cock; and when she had once initiated a raucous conversation at a lake party that included beer and wine about cock sizes amongst the student body, Kevin's name didn't come up, which to Penny only meant that he had neither a pinky- or elephant-sized penis, either of which the boys would have wanted to mention.

She had no interest in embarrassing Kevin this morning, so she closed the door before she knocked again, even louder. And yet ... still no response. Now Penny opened the door and walked right inside. She wasn't smiling anymore; now she was concerned. She went right up to the bed, sitting on its edge to look into Kevin's face. He looked so peaceful just laying there, eyes closed, breathing steadily lifting his chest, upon which his hands were folded beneath the sheet and blanket. But ... well, there was something just not right. He looked ... pale.

"Kevin," Penny whispered. She laid a hand upon him, then gave him a little jiggle. "Kevin! Wake up."

Then she saw it, a smudge on Kevin's neck. She leaned down for a closer look and realized it was a bruise. Then her lips spread in a smile. Oh ... my ... God. Unbelievable!

"Kevin!" she called out, giving her friend a hard shake. He snapped to consciousness with a shocked look on his face. Penny gave him a moment to realize where he was and who was sitting over him before she laughed. She said with a mix of surprise and pride, "Kevin ... you sly fuckin' dog, you!"

She gave him a moment to remember what he'd done the previous night after she left him in the park. When he didn't respond, Penny laughed again. "Who is she...? Come on, fess up. You can tell me. I won't judge. Who gave you the hickey, Mister Manly Man I wanna go to the Point to make out!"

Penny laughed and bumped her hip against Kevin's side, trying to get him to understand that his secret love life wasn't so secret anymore. But the response wasn't what she'd expected. She reached out to grasp him by the chin, turned his head to give her a better look of his neck, and proclaimed, "You've got a hickey! Who the hell gave you a hickey?"

She expected Kevin to deny it, of course, so she wasn't surprised by his response. She egged him on with more questions about who the girl was, where they'd gone, were they in the Mustang (which of course she knew they would be), and had it gone farther than just making out and sucking neck. She wanted to ask whether they'd fucked and, if so, whether or not Kevin had used a condom. But that seemed a bit too much prying for her.

"Deny it all you want, you dog, but ... I know what a hickey looks like!" Penny continued on. She forced his head to the side again as she lifted her phone. She had one of the short cut keys set for Pic and snapped a shot of the bruise. She tapped the Gallery icon, gave the cell to Kevin, and asked, "See?"

There it was for all the world to see ... a nasty, blue bruise on his neck, just above the collar bone. She snatched her phone back, stood, and headed for the door. "C'mon, get up Get up! You've got a beautiful car, a beautiful best friend who is female, and a hickey! If you're not gonna tell me who gave it to you, then we'll just have to drive around town and make everyone think that I did!"

She laughed as she departed his room and headed downstairs. Ruth was standing in the kitchen drinking coffee while biscuits baked in the oven. She asked, "Did I hear you say my son has a hickey?"

Penny laughed and handed her phone to Ruth. Kevin's mother stared in shock as the two girls laughed about it. Neither of them had any idea of who it might have been. The leading candidate was, of course, one Miss della Rosario. But even that seemed crazy talk. She was supposed to be old enough not to need to mark her territory, like so many of the teens at Harrison High and schools all over the country felt it necessary to do with new partners.

"Plus, he wouldn't have driven up there last night after I went to bed," Ruth said. When Penny only shrugged, as if to say that wasn't an entirely unfathomable concept, Ruth pointed to the kitchen counter, saying, "No ... no, when he came in last night he set his keys down in the living room and I moved them to the counter, right there. They're still there, right where I put them."

Ruth looked to the image again, then donned a curious expression. "Did you see this?"

Penny moved to stand right next to her neighbor. Ruth used two finger tips to zoom in on the image of the bruise. She pointed, saying, "What's that...? Mosquito bites? Spiders maybe?"

Penny hadn't noticed that there were slightly swollen bumps on Kevin's neck. They did in fact look like bug bites. But ... there were four of them ... in two symmetrical pairs ... more like ... not randomly placed bug bites, but ... well, more like what you might see if a rattlesnake bit with long fangs. But there were no rattlesnakes in Harrison County, of course. And Kevin surely would have known if he'd been bit by a rattlesnake, even if he was sleeping. So ... they couldn't be fang marks ... right?

What in the world -- what in Harrison -- could have possibly bit into Kevin's neck, leaving such wounds and a bruise without the young man ever having awoken to the pain?

Kevin felt he had been drugged as he heard Penny waking him up, he was groggy, but had the oddest but nicest buzz. He had fallen asleep within minutes after cumming, masturbating while fantasizing about Penny. But that had only been the start. It had to have been Penny's words regarding Miss della Rosario, but he had the most amazing dream about his gorgeous boss. "Kevin, relax, I have been thinking about earlier, and I couldn't get you out of my mind..." She had magically appeared in his room, in his bed, yet she was fully clothed, or as best as he could remember.

He didn't hear her first two queries of him, but he most definitely heard the third. "Kevin!" His eyes shut open, but he was still out of it, very out of it. "P-P-Penny?" She only laughed, "Kevin ... you sly fuckin' dog, you!" Uh oh, he looked down and knew he had morning wood, but he was scared she's find the kleenex. Had he fallen asleep before throwing out, his cum soaked evidence that he had self pleasured last night? But there was no evidence so what was she talking about? "Who is she...? Come on, fess up. You can tell me. I won't judge. Who gave you the hickey, Mister Manly Man I wanna go to the Point to make out!"

A hickey! He had not gone out, and he sure hadn't been with anyone who might have given him a hickey! "You're crazy, I don't have a hickey, how could I have a hickey? I haven't been with anyone." His mind was whirring, the dream had been amazing, they had made out, it had been so real, but it had been a dream, he was sure, wasn't he?

"Deny it all you want, you dog, but ... I know what a hickey looks like!...See?" He looked at the picture, the bruises, the bite marks, but all he could do was shake his head, "I haven't been with anyone...I swear." He was truly confused, and weak, and could not explain any of it. "C'mon, get up Get up! You've got a beautiful car, a beautiful best friend who is female, and a hickey! If you're not gonna tell me who gave it to you, then we'll just have to drive around town and make everyone think that I did!"

That made him smile, he liked the idea of people thinking that, he only wished it was true, or he could explain anything. Kevin got up and got dressed, he put on one of the few collared shirts he owned and buttoned it up all the way, but as he looked in the mirror you could still see it. He had been planning to go work on the motorcycle later, but if she saw, what would Miss della Rosario think? He had just told her yesterday that he had no girlfriend, and now she would think he was lying.

Kevin came down, and went to the fridge. He drank nearly a half a bottle of apple juice made him start to feel better, the sugars from the juice helping him replenish whatever he had lost last night. Finally his landlegs solid under him, he took Penny's hand. "Okay, you said you wanted to go to the lake, you're sure you are okay with people thinking you did this to me?"

The two women downstairs stared at Kevin in silence as he entered the kitchen and set about restoring his lost fluids. Finally, when he gave them each one of those What?? looks, they nearly simultaneously cracked up laughing.

"Jesus Christ, Kev'," Ruth said after going to her son and jerking the collar of his shirt down to survey the damage. "You know that's why you take your date out to dinner before you go park … so she won't try to eat you."

The two laughed again, with Penny lending her own bit of comedy. "They were making out hot and heavy, and Kevin told her, 'Baby, I want something to remember you by', and she said, 'How about dental impressions'."

Once more the two cracked up laughing. Ruth finally forced a hug on her son, telling him they were only kidding. Even Penny came over to hug Kevin … right before she took a nip at the other side of his neck and leaped out of his reach.

The ribbing went on a bit more as Ruth prepared both of the teens a quick breakfast. Kevin reminded Penny, "Okay, you said you wanted to go to the lake, you're sure you are okay with people thinking you did this to me?"

"I dunno," she said, grasping his hand and pulling him toward the door. "Might be even better for your reputation if everyone thought I was your second girl in as many days."

The ride out to the lake was only 8 minutes, but -- like Kevin had done the night before -- they decided to take the long way. They made a dozen stops along the way, with Penny doing her best to accomplish two things: insinuate herself back into the social circles that were so commonplace during the school year and let others know that where she went, Kevin went. In most if not all cases, Kevin would be welcome where ever Penny went, because people would put up with Penny's geeky sidekick to have their little gatherings graced by her presence.

Even though neither of them could even imagine it now, Kevin's attendance at such cliquish events wouldn't require Penny's involvement at all within a few months. Kevin's social life was about to change in ways neither of them or anyone else could possibly have imagined.

Finally at the lake, Penny stripped off her oversized tee shirt and peeled down her docker shorts. She went from beautiful to knock men over in less than ten seconds. Penny was a babe in anything she wore, of course. But in this! Well, her 36C-26-36 body with three weeks of daily sun bathing giving her a golden tone … well, over the next hour or so, more than two dozen men, ages 16 to 60 who were currently scattered around the park, would migrating Penny's direction simply to refill their spank the monkey imagery storage bank for when they got home tonight.

"C'mon! Let's swim!" she called to Kevin as she ran out across the lawn toward the water. "Bring the towels and blanket and basket."

She ran straight for the lake and dove into the water, disappearing for more than twenty seconds before finally surfacing far out from shore. Penny had been an avid swimmer all her life and a swim teen member since 3rd grade. She loved the water … and when she returned to shore and stood, with the droplets cascading down her flesh and her hair pulled back away from her face, it was obvious that the water loved her. The coolness of the lake had caused her nipples to swell dramatically, and as she approached Kevin, they were so on display that it would have been hard for even a blind man.

She plopped down on the blanket he'd laid out and opened a wine cooler she'd snuck from her mother's stash. Looking into Kevin's eyes for a long moment, she asked, "Seriously. Who gave you the hickey? I'm your best friend. You can tell me."

My God she could play him, arouse him, make him laugh, and always wanting more. Yet no matter how much she played and denied, deep down he felt she truly cared for him and would actually be there, and in her own way, had his back like no other. "Might be even better for your reputation if everyone thought I was your second girl in as many days." He laughed, "Yes, going from the purest virgin to a stable of hotties all in one night." He didn't know how true those words might ring.

The slow travel around town was fun, more kids were out, and heads turned of both populars and geeks, as each of them saw them together, which wasn't anything new, except now they were cruising in a classic sports car, and the driver wearing, with a new found confidence, a new pair of ray ban wayfarers that his sudden new wealth allowed, didn't seem quite the same sneezy geek of old.

As they pulled up to the lake, Kevin had forgotten all about the mysterious hickey and was focused just on them, he loved just their time and the fact he would enjoy her in a bikini, even if it was primarily a look, don't touch, experience still beat the heck out of most of his days. Penny hopped into the water, and Kevin set up their picnic/sunbathing spot. However, as he peeled off his shirt, she was not the only one getting admiring looks.

At the little pop stand were three cute college girls, who turned and looked in unison as the cute boy, with that lucky red haired girl who he got out of that cool mustang with, showed off teh body he had been working so hard on lately. They looked at each other, particularly Mandy, the one in the middle, as she bit her lip.

Penny did look spectacular as she emerged from the water and came over next to him, as he laid out, but was getting increasingly warm himself. As he looked up, he felt his cock harden as he watched the droplets of water enjoy every inch of the sexy highway her body delivered. Finally she laid down next to him, pleased to be enjoying her stolen drink, and he wasn't surprised by what came next, "Seriously. Who gave you the hickey? I'm your best friend. You can tell me."

Kevin was a little angry, partially because he had no idea, other than it probably wasn't a hickey no matter how much it looked like one, "Why do you care, it isn't as if you have ever wanted to give me one, let alone kiss me...heck even my suggestion of driving to the point and not necessarily doing anything just made you laugh at me. Is it really so hard to think some girl might find me attractive, want to kiss me? I have never asked what boys you kissed, yuck I can't stand to think about it...but you see one sign that a girl might actually be interested in old Kevin and you ...and my mother...can barely hide your shock and surprise!"

He got up and walked down from the water, somewhat pleased he hadn't had to go into the fact that he had no earthly idea. The three girls enjoyed the visual of the hot young guy, but made a beeline over to Penny. It was Mandy, the leader of the three sophomore alpha chi's from Oregon State who asked the question, "Uh, we were just wondering, is, he your boyfriend...or maybe we thought your brother, because if he is your brother..."

When Kevin left he was still hard, and coming out of the water he was still hard, but with the suit sticking to him like a second skin, he resoundingly answered one of Penny's questions, he was easily nine inches, if not closer to ten, and thick. The other boys had not mentioned it, as Kevin had become an expert at avoiding opportunities for additional ridicule. He made sure he had a towel securely wrapped as he went into the individual shower stalls of the locker room, and unlike the other guy who walked around with their junk fully on display, he was the king of discretion and staying out of the way.

The girls scattered as they saw he was coming up, before she had a chance to answer. They figured he was her boyfriend, but watched to see if she touched him...if not, if it was her brother...well Mandy was visiting for the weekend...and she really liked Mustangs and the potential stallions that drove them! Kevin looked down at Penny, not realizing he was on display and currently being evaluated, he never thought any girls were looking at him, mainly because the ones who knew him weren't. "What was that, who were those girls? I don't recognize them?"

"Why do you care...?" Kevin asked Penny in response to her question about the source of his faux-hickey. "It isn't as if you have ever wanted to give me one, let alone kiss me..."

That wasn't entirely true, of course. Penny was so horrifically torn over her relationship with Kevin. He'd been her best friend since childhood. But he'd never been boyfriend material. Now, here he was one of the best looking hunks in school, and Penny couldn't bring herself to make the leave from friend to lover. There was so much history there, non-sexual history. Plus, she wasn't ready to give it up to anyone yet. Penny knew herself very well, and she knew that once she got into some heavy breathing and groping, she was going to rip her panties off and demand Fuck me, fuck me hard. She so yearned to finally lose her virginity, but … jeez, she just wasn't ready.

Kevin continued, "...heck even my suggestion of driving to the point and not necessarily doing anything just made you laugh at me."

"I wasn't laughing at you!" Penny cut in. "I was just so shocked that you even suggested it."

"Is it really so hard to think some girl might find me attractive, want to kiss me?"

It wasn't, of course; not at all. Penny couldn't help but let her gaze drop to her friend's sculpted body for an instant. She'd only seen him with his shirt off three or four times ever! Even when the two of them came down here to the lake in years past, he more often than not wore his shirt most of the day, even when it was 90 degrees out. Kevin had a body that deserved to be shown off, but a lifetime of being treated as someone not to be observed … well, Penny knew that it had taken a toll on his self esteem. Even today, when he was a studly chick-magnet who should be doing swim shorts magazine ads, Kevin still kept himself covered most of the time.

The job had changed all that, Penny mused. But … there was something more that had changed Kevin, too. And even Kevin didn't know it. Last night, when something was taken from him, something was given back as well. He couldn't know it and wouldn't know it for some time, but when Sophia Maria della Rosario's fangs were injecting him with sedatives, anticoagulants, and muscle relaxers, they were also sharing with him some of the unidentified chemical that gave her the ability to rapidly repair damage to her body, the same incredible molecule that made her practically immortal.

Kevin may or may not notice it today, but his body would feel the strengthening effects of that chemical throughout the day. His asthma wouldn't cause him shortness of breath if he overexerted himself. His allergies wouldn't cause him itchy eyes or a runny nose because of the park's flowers and pollen-heavy trees. The Charlie Horses he'd had as a kid and still suffered today from too much runny about...? None today.

And it went farther than just the physical. He'd never had the nerve to speak to Penny about her lack of intimate interest in him before today. Even his eagerness to shed his shirt today while sexy college age girls stared at him...? Yeah … that, too. He might have thought it was just confidence, and some of it was. But the secretions from Sophia's fangs were primarily responsible for it.

"I have never asked what boys you kissed," Kevin went on. "Yuck I can't stand to think about it...but you see one sign that a girl might actually be interested in old Kevin and you ...and my mother...can barely hide your shock and surprise!"

Penny sat up as Kevin stormed away toward the water but she didn't respond. She couldn't believe he'd just said that to her. He'd never shown any more interest in who might be kissing her than she'd shown in kissing him. It shocked her, even more than his suggestion that they go to the Point last night.

Out of the corner of her eye, Penny caught sight of the approaching girls. She knew one of them … Mandy...? Yeah … she'd been a Senior when Penny and Kevin were freshmen. It had been Mandy's best friend -- Chloe, the girl in the mismatched yellow and green slut-wear -- who'd interested Penny in the Junior Varsity Cheer Squad sophomore year. The third girl...? Penny didn't recognize her; she was probably from OSU, where Mandy was a student now. Mandy and Chloe -- the third girl Penny would learn was named Terri -- had been out of high school before Penny herself became part of the In Crowd. So when the three of them started her way, Penny knew exactly what they were after … and it wasn't to become friends with her.

"Uh, we were just wondering," Mandy began, asking about Kevin, "is, he your boyfriend … or maybe we thought your brother, because if he is your brother..."

"He's gay," Penny said before she even realized she was saying it. She glanced toward the water to see the so-not-gay Kevin emerging. He looked like a fucking Greek God! And all Penny wanted right now was to get these three vultures away from him. She whispered, "C'mon, look at that body. Do you really think that if he liked girls, I wouldn't be all over that already?"

The three donned a variety of expressions, from ghastly disappointment to an even deeper yearning, as if wanting to show Kevin that his destiny was to put his cock inside a pussy, not another man's mouth. The girls suddenly turned away, heading back for the concession stand. Penny thought she'd dodge a bullet -- three of them, actually -- by diverting the hungry pack of pussies from her virginal friend.

Little could Penny know that the trio would be at the pizza parlor downtown tonight when she and Kevin arrived to eat … or that the trio would get Kevin away from Penny for a bit of a conversation that would counter her attempts to isolate him here this afternoon. Sometimes the best laid plans go for naught.

Kevin asked, "What was that, who were those girls? I don't recognize them?"

"No one," she said quickly. Keeping with her theme, she lied, "One of them asked me out … but I told her I wasn't gay. The other two are a couple, and I think the one who asked me out was feeling like a third wheel. Hey, we should get out of here. I'm bored already."

She sat up quickly, eager to get them out of there before either the girls or Kevin realized she was full of shit.

I was dripping wet, and thank goodness a coolish breeze that thankfully had the necessary impact on my hard on, at least taking my lead pipe down to more of a kosher pickle. But, I was curious who the three hot, college girls were. "No one,... One of them asked me out … but I told her I wasn't gay. The other two are a couple, and I think the one who asked me out was feeling like a third wheel. Hey, we should get out of here. I'm bored already." Kevin shrugged, not only was every hot guy interested in Penny, so apparently we’re any of the hot girls. There he sat with his closest thing to a sexual conquest being an anonymous hickey on his neck, a mark so stealthily given, that even the recipient didn’t know who, when or if it it happened.

He was a little surprised she wanted to go, she had her wine cooler, but they hadn’t even eaten, but then he had an idea. “Okay, but we haven’t had our picnic, and if you don’t want to do it here, then I get to choose.” He had a sneaky smile on his face, but he didn’t want to tell her where he wanted to go for fear of being rejected again! “Oh, and when we’re dome, I want you o go by the Apple store. Miss Della Rosario wants a phone, and I’d like to Surprise her!”

They packed up their things, the food was still in the basket. He had only been driving a bit when she looked at him, “Okay, yes, I a driving to the point, but since I haven’t ever parked there, I need your guidance.” Even as he said that he hated the idea of how often she might have been there willingly with others, and all he hoped was to see it, maybe have a picnic on the hood of his car, he never expected she might be open to more. The front seat of the convertible was great with the open air, but the back seat, at least to them, was as virgin as the young driver. He looked over hopeful, but afraid she would demand an alternative locale.

“Okay, but we haven’t had our picnic, and if you don’t want to do it here, then I get to choose.”

Penny just shrugged, thinking so long as it's away from those sluts. If only she'd known it wouldn't be the last time they'd see them today.

As they headed for the car with their things rapidly retrieved and packed up, Kevin announced, “Oh, and when we’re done, I want to go by the Apple store. Miss Della Rosario wants a phone, and I’d like to Surprise her!”

"Are you paying for this?" Penny asked with sudden shock. She'd paid almost $1,000 for her current smart phone. Just what the hell was Kevin spending on his boss?

They headed out and took just a couple of turns before Penny knew exactly where he was taking her. There wasn't much more out this direction than the animal corpse rendering plant and the refused depot, and she could only hope they weren't going to either of those.

“Okay, yes, I'm driving to the point," when he knew that she knew. "But since I haven’t ever parked there, I need your guidance.”

"My guidance?" she snapped back, laughing. "Just what kind of slut do you think I am, Mister I've Got A Hickey But Ain't Never Made Out Before?"

She laughed as she listened to his response. She told him to go slow as they turned onto the dirt road that led up to the Point, warning that the car would fill with dust. Penny studied Kevin for some of the last part of the drive. Near the top, she pointed at a narrow driveway passing through the trees, telling him, "Take that one."

A moment later they arrived at the edge of a 120 foot deep, 45 degree drop off. The Point, as it had come to be called, was the upper edge of the cliff that had been carved out centuries earlier by a river that had long ago shifted its course and was now on the other side of the town, which itself was right below them.

Once upon a time, the parking area here had been inclined away from Harrison, meaning that you could only see the town by walking over to the edge. But back when he himself was just a horny teenager yearning for a place to look down on the city while making out with his girl, Penny's granddaddy and a couple of other young men came up here one day with one of the boy's daddy's bulldozer and leveled enough of the top of the sandstone ridge to enable 6 cars to park far enough apart to allow doors to open … but not far enough to hide the sounds of people in ecstasy.

"Over there," Penny said, pointing to a section that wasn't part of that original landing. A few years earlier, another enterprising pair of teen had used a pickup with a snow plow to car yet more spaces. These were only big enough for one car each and, with trees and shrubs scattered about, offered a little more privacy. Of course, it was high noon, so it wasn't like they were hiding in the dark to make out and fuck. "Stay back far enough to lay out the blanket by the edge."

Penny liked this particular spot because, unlike the higher landing, this one didn't have the recently installed safety rails that obscured the view. Once they were all set up and eating, Penny gave Kevin a long, studious look.

"I'm sorry," she said out of the blue. When he asked why, Penny explained, "I'm sorry that I never wanted to be intimate with you. You know … be your girlfriend. I like being your friend … just your friend. You are more special to me as a friend than anyone I've ever been friends with. I … I hope you are okay with that."

"Are you paying for this?" He looked at her annoyed. With his daily raises, Kevin was making for him was an obscene amount of money, he was also driving around in a classic and expensive sports car, all courtesy of his gorgeous, if slightly odd, boss. "Not that is any of your business, she pays me very well, but she will gladly reimburse me, but I don't know if I want her too, I would like to show my gratitude."

He drove on, and he was a combination of excitement and trepidation. He hoped she would be a bit unfamiliar he didn't like to think that she had willingly come up here often before but never encouraged him. He had wanted her as long as he knew what want was. The first time had been 7th grade sock hop, Kevin had not danced all night, nor even considered asking some girl, only to be rejected. He had watched Penny from the side, bopping around, more in groups than one on one.

Finally a slow dance came up and people coupled up, and he was both shocked and thrilled that suddenly she was in front of him, extending her hand. He was thrilled, but as the got to the dance floor, some old "Stairway to Heaven" song playing he tentatively put his arms around her waist, hers on his thin neck. He bobbed from side to side, as she then whispered he shouldn't bob quite so much. He looked to his left and right, and people weren't just dancing but many were kissing, and he so wanted to kiss her too. He backed up, just slightly looking into her eyes, wondering, but she must have read his mind as she tucked her head and pressed her cheek against his chest.

Since that moment there had been a million times, maybe more he had thought about kissing her, having his first real kiss, but the answer was always some type of warm refusal, and check pressed firmly and resolutely against his chest. "My guidance?... "Just what kind of slut do you think I am, Mister I've Got A Hickey But Ain't Never Made Out Before?"
He smiled, maybe this was somewhat new to her too, he hoped for a moment, only to be dashed by detailed directions that suggested she knew the place blindfolded...and the thought nearly made him nauseous.

Finally they parked, and he was already second guessing, why had he thought of her so special if she didn't consider herself special. "I'm sorry," she said out of the blue. When he asked why, Penny explained, "I'm sorry that I never wanted to be intimate with you. You know … be your girlfriend. I like being your friend … just your friend. You are more special to me as a friend than anyone I've ever been friends with. I … I hope you are okay with that."

He listened, swallowed, blinked hard, not sure if he was blinking back tears, anger or frustration. "WOW...is that what you want to say to me...how nice it must be to be you. You get to categorize people and define how you want to USE them in your life. I am on the friend list...'more special' what a joke. I am glad from your obvious knowledge of this place...you have enjoyed so many less special 'friends' up here. Yet you want me to be available for you, when you don't have a non special friend you want to be, as you said, intimate with. I guess I have a different feeling than you, I only want to be intimate with someone I really care about. Are you a slut Penny, is it all true...all those thngs I've heard, all those times I have defended...all those times I thought that if she would want anyone, wouldn't it be me? Do I understand...yes...but I don't want the same thing you do...I want us both to be happy...not just you...not only don't you want me...but I don't think you want anyone else to want me either?" And Kevin had no idea of exactly how she had just tried to submarine him from some girls who actually did want him...wanted her "Friend".

He took a deep breath...."You were right, coming up here was a mistake.why don't I take you home, I will go shopping on my own and then I will go over to Miss della Rosarios and work on that motorcycle a bit. You can call someone who you feel less special about, and come back here."

Kevin's reaction to her declaration of eternal friendship -- and nothing more -- caused her eyes to widen with shock. He was blunt ... which, of course, was another word for honest. And suddenly she realized just how deeply his yearning for more than friendship was. Oh, sure, she'd known; it didn't take a genius to know Kevin had wanted so much more than Penny had been willing to offer. But until this moment, she hadn't truly known how deeply those feelings ran.

His comments about how she used him hurt, though. Penny had to divert her eyes, looking out over the valley below but not at anything in particular. She turned her head even farther away from Kevin's view, feeling the tears welling in her eyes.

Then Kevin asked, "Are you a slut Penny..."

She spun her head back to him, boring an angry look at him as the first tears slipped out and down her cheek.

"is it all true...all those thngs I've heard, all those times I have defended...all those times I thought that if she would want anyone, wouldn't it be me?"

Penny turned her head again, wiping away the tears. Later, she would wonder whether she was crying because Kevin had been so mean … or because he'd been so right.

"You were right, coming up here was a mistake," he said, standing. "Why don't I take you home..."

Penny didn't hear what came after that as she stood as well. She headed away without helping Kevin pick up the picnic … which for the second time had been laid out without a single plastic container or chip bag or soda can being opened. She hurried toward the passenger side of the car … but she didn't get inside. Instead, she continued past it, heading down the dirt road … now sobbing.

Her reaction crushed him, not that anything he had said was wrong or particularly unfair, she had used him as a glorified lap dog at times, but she had also had moments of kindness, and he had no doubt he was important to him, just not like he wanted to be.

But making her cry, no sob, that was something he never intended and hated himself for immediately. She hadn't said a word, NOT A WORD! She didn't defend, explain, even cuse o slap him.

He had no idea what had finally given him the courage to speak so boldly with her. Perhaps it was the bite, he was suddenly doing and acting in a way that he never had before. He had expected her to open the car door, but when she didn't he had to take action.

He ran, no sprinted after her and he caught her within a hundred yards...he was a simmering volcano of youthful emotions and hormones, and as he grabbed her, pulled her in, and then hugged her...TIGHT, he found tears were now running down his cheeks too. "I don't want to hurt you...Jesus, I love you...I just don't understand...why not me...and why them!" It was unclear if it was a question or a statement or both. But he held his lifelong childhood friend tightly against hsi chest like he was terrified of letting her go!

Penny heard Kevin's quickly moving footsteps behind him and almost started running. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk to him anymore; it was that she didn't know what to say. But when he pulled her in for a hug, Penny wrapped her arms around Kevin's torso as well. She was sobbing by now, and she could feel the tears from on cheek wetting his shirt.

"I don't want to hurt you...Jesus, I love you," he told her. "I just don't understand...why not me...and why them!"

"You're an idiot!" she countered, her face pressed so hard against his muscular chest that she wasn't even sure that he'd heard her. She moved her face to free up her mouth more and said, "There are no thems you dummy. I'm a virgin!"

Penny didn't know whether or not Kevin would believe him. She'd come up here her first time her sophomore year, with a Senior from Harrison who was going off to State a few days later. They'd come here straight from the pizza parlor, where a gaggle of fellow students had seen her get and enjoy her first seriously intimate kiss and the tight, body pressing hug that came with it. So when the asshole told everyone that he'd popped her cherry, the story seemed to have merit. Since then, there had been a never ending flood of stories about Penny.

She'd just shrugged them off; she knew they weren't true, and her real friends knew so as well. Maybe she shouldn't have gone out with so many guys; Penny had had dates with maybe 30 guys over her sophomore and junior years, but she'd only ever even kissed maybe half of them, 8 or 9 of them had ever gotten a hand on her butt or breasts, and only 2 had ever gotten those hands under her bra. None of those guys had ever found the true treasure down below, though … well … Penny had had a very interesting time with a female cousin of hers once upon a summer night.

Now the stories were coming back to haunt her in the form of her best friend's thoughts about her proclivities.

Kevin held her as she sobbed, and all he wanted her to do was stop crying. "You're an idiot!" He barely heard her through the muffled gasps, but then she pulled back slightly, "There are no thems you dummy. I'm a virgin!". Kevin smiled and held her, that was wonderful news, but not the total answer. She still had chosen to be with others, way more than him, although admittedly he hadn’t had any options, he hadn’t tried, like a fool he had pined for her.

He just stood holding her, trying to still her tears, until finally they subsided. He let her a bit loose, still holding her at the waist. “I’m glad, it probably doesn’t matter to you, but I am. But Penny it still doesn’t explain, why...whether it was one or twenty,...” He couldn’t help but wince as any number was too many for his girl, “what did you want in them more than..., why not me, what is wrong...” He never finished, “me?” He leaned down and pressed his lips into hers, first soft, gentle, then more urgent and passionate. He opened his mouth, just a touch, and liked he’d heard about and seen he let his tongue, brush her lower lip.

Suddenly he opened his eyes, shocked more in himself than she was. He pulled back and let go of her, he was so embarrassed, but he’d had his first kiss, and it had been her. “I’m so sorry!” He stammered, and he spun amd sprinted back to the car and turned the engine on...

Kevin held Penny tightly, saying in response to her admission of still being a virgin, “I’m glad, it probably doesn’t matter to you, but I am."

She couldn't help but wonder whether he was glad because it meant she wasn't a slut ... or glad because he hoped to be the one to deflower her. Both, she thought as he went on.

…"why not me, what is wrong...”

Kevin didn't finish, but Penny knew what he had been about to say. She pulled her head back and looked up into his eyes, saying with a sincere tone, "There's nothing wrong with you, Kevin."

And suddenly, his lips were upon hers. Now, Penny's typical response when some guy tried to kiss her without an obvious invitation to do so was to pull back and slap the shit out of him. She'd only had to do it three, maybe four times before, but she had. But this time … well … maybe it was her long standing conflict about her feelings toward Kevin … but this time, Penny let the boy's lips remain against hers … and … well, to be honest … she actually mirrored his slightly awkward but very yearnful attempt at a passionate kiss.

A second or two more of this, and Penny would have had to make a hard decision: stop Kevin's intimacy and likely embarrass him and maybe even herself; or wrap her arms around his neck, pull him close, and partake of him in a way of which part of her brain and all of her body had fantasized on occasion in the past.

But, as it was, Kevin suddenly pulled back, telling her, “I’m so sorry!”

He spun and sprinted back toward the car. Penny wanted to call after Kevin, to tell him to stop, that he hadn't done anything wrong. But she didn't. She was so confused. She'd enjoyed the kiss, there was no doubt about that. But this was Kevin, her best friend, not some guy with whom she might want to make out, maybe get to know better for maybe some near future grinding or groping. Or … maybe he was both?

Penny was startled by the sound of another vehicle and turned to see Maggie's Volkswagen dune buggy roaring up the drive. It slid to a stop near Penny, sending a thick cloud of dust all about her. "Jesus, Mags, what the fuck?"

Three girls in the car all seemed to talking to Penny at the same time, asking what she was doing here, who she was with, did she want to go to the lake, hadn't she already been at the lake, and the one question asked in various ways by all three girls: "Was that Kevin Thomas in that Mustang down at the park, really?"

Penny looked to Kevin and saw him approaching. If he stopped to ask her if she needed a ride, she would politely tell him she was going with the girls. She didn't know what to do about this new development regarding Kevin. So, the best thing right now, was probably to just be apart for a few hours or possibly the rest of the day … to think.

Last edited:
Back