The UK Kink Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all... I'm back from my hols and still feeling jetlagged... (a 20 hour trip and 8 hours time difference are never good...)

Hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend.

Velvet - My best wishes go out to you and your M and I hope he gets better soon.. *hug*

Hello all... I'm back from my hols and still feeling jetlagged... (a 20 hour trip and 8 hours time difference are never good...)

Hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend.

Velvet - My best wishes go out to you and your M and I hope he gets better soon.. *hug*

:kiss::rose::heart: welcome back sweetie and i'm back as well and jetlagged as hell and i never got farther than 6 hours time difference. *yawns*

Velvet:kiss::rose::heart:

Hi Nax, glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm surprised Al-ca-traz released you so easily though. ;)

Chantilly, Jock, Harmony, Biatchin, have fantastic weekends. :heart::rose::kiss:

Hi Nax, glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm surprised Al-ca-traz released you so easily though. ;)

Chantilly, Jock, Harmony, Biatchin, have fantastic weekends. :heart::rose::kiss:

I think it was because they got so annoyed with me saying "Al-ca-traz" and "san fran" so much ;)

Hang on..... Cheeky cow :p lol...
Hope you are ok anyway :rose:

Take away and a DVD with a mate tonight, makes for a good saturday night I believe.

Hope everything's going ok with you and your M honey!

Sounds like you had a good time Nax. Where you ladden with abercrombie finch stuff like my pal when he returned from San Francisco? Is it as steep as it appears to be in the movies?

Cracking day so far!:)

Sounds like you had a good time Nax. Where you ladden with abercrombie finch stuff like my pal when he returned from San Francisco? Is it as steep as it appears to be in the movies?

Cracking day so far!:)

I hate the A and F shops with a passion... very dark, stink of their aftershave and they play horrible music in there.. the clothes never fit me anyway! But I did have to buy something for my cousin so I went to the one in LA. They even had a topless model posing in the doorway as you walked in, just to make you feel that little bit better about your beer gut! (male model btw).

San fran is very steep.. Very cool though. Vegas is absolutely bonkers and LA was ok.. The driving across the countryside/desert was a lot of fun too.

I hate the A and F shops with a passion... very dark, stink of their aftershave and they play horrible music in there.. the clothes never fit me anyway! But I did have to buy something for my cousin so I went to the one in LA. They even had a topless model posing in the doorway as you walked in, just to make you feel that little bit better about your beer gut! (male model btw).

San fran is very steep.. Very cool though. Vegas is absolutely bonkers and LA was ok.. The driving across the countryside/desert was a lot of fun too.[/QUOTE]

The opening scene from Fear and loathin in Las Vegas just flashed in front o my mind!:cool:
I hate A&F with a passion myself more of a Dickies & Carhartt kind a bloke.

San fran is very steep.. Very cool though. Vegas is absolutely bonkers and LA was ok.. The driving across the countryside/desert was a lot of fun too.

Interestingly, the only 2 guys I know who shop regularly at A&F are gay. It's definitely got that androgynous, heteroflexible vibe. Been dragged round by my mate J a few times and have never been impressed. They manage to charge an arm and a leg for singularly uninspiring, boring clobber.

Then you would of laughed at me shouting "this is bat country" as we left vegas! :p

Giggles :D

b49b7615237a.jpg

Now you can even get the T Shirt. Check out the Bunnies. Very funny, surrealist kinda comic.

If fashion is so great why does it change so often?
£70 for a bit of cotton put together by some indian kids in a sweatshop for pennys doesen't do it for me.
But then I'm hardly a style guru, I do most of my clothes shopping after at least four pints.

£70 for a bit of cotton put together by some indian kids in a sweatshop for pennys doesen't do it for me.
But then I'm hardly a style guru, I do most of my clothes shopping after at least four pints.

I cant buy something for £70 ..all i see is $130 and faint...we even bought kidlets winter clothes while we were in the states. (yep I'm cheap about clothes and stuff at least)

See, I have to spend that sort of money to get a casual outfit because I'm a big girl, and places like Evans like to squeeze money out of you because they know you don't have much of an option.

I regularly pay £35 for a pair of jeans and £25 for a top.

A t shirt from there was $50 which wasnt so bad considering they are prob 50 quid here... I just get a preppy vibe from there. The whole store reeked of the aftershave and as I went to pay the saleswoman was like "have you tried our new cologne?"... I told her I was currently choking on it as the store stunk of it (in a nice way though, of course). The only good thing about it was it wasnt pretentious in any way. As I walked around, all the staff were friendly - compared to the mullet-tastic trendy sales reps in Leeds.

I goto NY in December so I'm gonna buy my clothes there. I did buy a hooters t shirt in vegas tho.. lol

I must not mess with the people IMing me today... *giggles* but my jetlagged brain keeps wanting to. *bad bad brain*

Everything this afternoon seems to be in a fog and i'm switching between everything i hear being processed in a sexual way or a sarcastic funny way. I think it's time for a walk to clear the brain a bit before and I'll make sure i get out the door this time with my trousers on! :rolleyes:

See, I have to spend that sort of money to get a casual outfit because I'm a big girl, and places like Evans like to squeeze money out of you because they know you don't have much of an option.

I regularly pay £35 for a pair of jeans and £25 for a top.

I really do find myself in a quandary when it comes to clothes. I won't pay stupid money for things and like thinking that I've bagged a bargain but equally, I don't like to think that I'm perpetuating sweatshop slave labour in developing countries either. I know there's always the argument that if westerners didn't want cheap clobber many people would have even less chance of employment in developing countries but it does all worry me at times.

I compromise by avoiding pricey designer gear and rock bottom Primark prices because it's impossible to sell a top for less than £5 without exploiting somebody along the way. I tend to stick to reputable brands that I've peeked into the backgrounds of. Also, vegan friendly online stores for shoes etc are generally ethically motivated businesses so it's less of a worry to shop there.

For the ethically motivated consumer, websites like Ethical Consumer are a good source of info.

*hijack on*

Chantilyvamp I just got to say: nice ass!!

*hijack off*

You say that to all the girls :p

I really do find myself in a quandary when it comes to clothes. I won't pay stupid money for things and like thinking that I've bagged a bargain but equally, I don't like to think that I'm perpetuating sweatshop slave labour in developing countries either. I know there's always the argument that if westerners didn't want cheap clobber many people would have even less chance of employment in developing countries but it does all worry me at times.

I compromise by avoiding pricey designer gear and rock bottom Primark prices because it's impossible to sell a top for less than £5 without exploiting somebody along the way. I tend to stick to reputable brands that I've peeked into the backgrounds of. Also, vegan friendly online stores for shoes etc are generally ethically motivated businesses so it's less of a worry to shop there.

For the ethically motivated consumer, websites like Ethical Consumer are a good source of info.

Yeah, I won't pay stupid prices for something, but I know the average of £30 for jeans is what I'm going to have to pay to get clothes to fit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back