The Police Are Not Your Friend

This isn’t the convincing pro-cop flex that you seem to think it is.
No, I get it. EVERYONE hates the cops until they need them.

The alternatives are, accept crime (turn the other cheek), self-help/vigilantism, or anarchy, chaos and the end of civilization.

Good "vibes" wine and cheese do not ameliorate or abrogate basic human nature.

I've never seen a viable alternative advanced,
merely back seat harping.

I got pulled over by a deputy once, and when he approached my vehicle, I swore he was retarded.
There is an ancient maxim: You get what you pay for. Same with teachers. How much do you want to pay in taxes, or will that fall on the rich who own government and employ private security, some of which isn't any better than your average cop on the beat.

You’re right tickets and summonses are just to create revenue. Pulling someone over should be a teachable moment not a money maker. You have to consider the orders from the mayor all the way down to the sgt.
It does have a little something to do with public safety.

Would a mandatory stay in jail, which would end the revenue stream, be a sufficient remedy for "unwarranted stops?"

You, all of you, should look into the "Broken Windows" theory of policing. When you let all of the little things go, they everything escalates. Witness our current wave(s) of crime occurring in the self-righteous and better-than-thou blue enclaves of the nation where they have retaliated against the "Thin Blue Line."

There are three rural mountainous counties in the southwest of this state which patrol their piece of the interstate like it's a toll booth. Since it's hilly, it's easy to get impatient with trucks passing trucks and wanting to blow past them. Guess who's waiting. And the work zones are watched by hawks.

Tip: that work zone speed limit? It applies whether the crews are working or not - nights, weekends, holidays and rain included.
And the exception always proves the rule.

I see that on the political board a lot. A LOT!!!

The biggest bitches (gripes) here seem to be about driving, one of the most dangerous activities that you can engage in in this current culture and you want no police presence when it inconveniences you?

Think about how many dangerous/impaired drivers and actually removed from the road so that they don't encounter you in manners most unfortunate.

Try the vaunted public transportation then.
See how much more convenient that is.
No cop stops. At all...

🕶️

tumblr_lk1kw1dniE1qzmopno1_1280.jpg

If you've done nothing wrong and haven't broken any laws, why would you be afraid of the cops? They just don't randomly pull people over to harass them. There has to be a reason.

I've had my share of speeding tickets and NOT ONCE did they ever ask to search my car or go into any other questioning as to why or where or anything of the sort.

However, I was respectful to them, kept my hands on my steering wheel and even let them know that I had my Conceal Carry Permit but there weren't any firearms in the car.

All they did was ask for insurance paper, DL and then issued me a ticket.

If you don't want to be pulled over, then don't break any laws. No speeding or breaking of any other driving laws.

If you get pulled over, then just tell them that you don't have to answer any of their questions, NO - they can't search your car and that if goes beyond that, then you want a lawyer. However, if you do all that, you'll make them very suspicious of you and they'll wonder why you're acting that way and if you're hiding something from them.
I would encourage you to read the summaries of any of the DOJ investigations into any police department over the past 20 years. (Feel free to read the entire reports if you have that sort of time, but the summaries are available and more concise)

Not everyone is policed like you describe. That is a demonstrably provable fact.

My answer has lately been... "I don't answer question." to every question they ask. I do give them my license when asked. I do tell them I am armed. I live in Texas. As for searching me or my car, I tell them "I do not consent to any type of search." or "Do you have a warrant?" If the stop was for speeding I ask to see the radar and video. Nine times out of ten it's not even my car on the video being targeted so they just hand me my license back and leave.

Last edited:
I saw a video of two female cops screwing the fuck out of a nice 20 year old girl. They are evil. They are not your friend and they only exist to put you in a cage. Search You Tube for "20 yr. old Learns the Hard Way". I am a good and trusting person and I am law abiding. It's over 10 years since I was pulled over. I am respectful when pulled over, yet I want to protect my rights. What are good ways to polite decline to participate in the "friendly" small talk bull shit that cops use to find a way to lock you up? "Where are you going?" Where are you coming from?" What do you do for a living?" "Can I search your car?"

Serious Answer:

You have to just tell them first thing that you don't answer police questions except the 1 or 2 that you are required to answer by law. Tell them that you exercise your right to remain silent immediately (instead of later after they are done interrogating you). Beware that they play games with language. There are some things that they are required to ask your permission for. So, from the start, they try to blur the lines between what a question is and an order. That state orders in the form of a question, e.g., "Do you have your ID?" which is a question, not an order to show your ID. Then they state requests in the form of a statement, "I'm going to have to ask you to roll all your windows down" or "I'm going to have to ask you to let me search your vehicle." Both are statements, not questions. Anyway, you get the idea. Just be prepared to remind them if they are asking a question that you do not answer those. Instead, ask them questions. If they seem irritated, ask them if they are ok and state for the jury who could be watching the body cam footage that he seems agitated or upset.

They will also make accusations which is supposed to make you react and try to defend yourself. You can just remain silent, or I like to just respond by asking them questions like "oh yeah? who told you that? Do you have any evidence for that? How did you come to that conclusion?" etc. That keeps the awkwardness down. After they answer, just just look at them like, "interesting" but you didn't answer their question. When they ask questions, just remind them calmly and using up as much time as possible that you already told them that you do not answer police questions and to not take it personally. You want to remain calm and use up as much time as possible because they have a limited time to keep you pulled over, about 20 minutes, any more is harassment. So, the strategy is to use up as much time as possible without answering any questions. When you ask them questions, they almost always just answer. Then, you can ask follow-up questions.

To calm your nerves, just remember that you're just being pulled over for a ticket which is not the end of the world. Just relax, there is no need to grovel and lick their boots just to get out of a ticket which is virtually guaranteed to happen anyway unless you talk your way into something more. Just accept that you're getting a ticket and be comfortable with it. If you are innocent and want to fight it, don't tell him. There is a good chance he may not show up in court if you don't tip him off.

Don't get into a rapid fire back and forth. You want to drag it out as much as possible to use up their limited time they have you pulled over for (which includes the time to write a ticket). So, listen to what they have to say, before responding, take a second like you are considering, then repeat that you don't answer questions but do it with as many words as possible to waste all their time. Start every response with "Uh, Umm, Well, Hmmm" while you use up more of their time. If they interrupt you, great, then you get to start over with the uhs and ummms, all over again. Take about 5 seconds before any response. They will get frustrated at your slow pace.

When you speak, do not speak fast, speak slowly and articulately for the camera microphone. The slow cadence will also be a little hypnotic to them.

More time wasters:
Ask them for their name and badge number and ask them to spell their name.
Ask them if their body camera is turned on
Don't have your paperwork ready when they arrive at the window and take your sweet time looking for it.

If you feel pressured to answer their questions, ask more questions that is designed to put them on the defensive, such as, "Is that a threat? Are you trying to intimidate me? That sounds like you are trying to coerce me, I can see that you are getting upset, but as I already told you..."

Avoid saying "ok" or nodding which can be construed as an affirmative respond to a question.

If it gets awkward and you end up staring at one another you can default to asking, "Sir, am I free to go?"

Good luck!

She believes that the police are your friends and they never do anything wrong. I have never been arrested or in trouble with the law but to me, the police are criminals with badges. I try to avoid them just as I would try to avoid any organized group of criminals.
Grow up please?

I grew up with a father that was a police officer for 17 years. I worked with county, local, and state officers for over 22 years as a 911 dispatcher. I have worked with just about every type of officer and personality you can imagine. I have guided them into burning buildings, through the forest in the dark of night, and through barricaded and hostile situations to rescue people.
Believe it or not, all the officers I have worked with are there to help people, by catching drunk drivers before an accident, talking the gunman (yes we have talked for hours) out of the building, and rushing in to rescue people without any thoughts when the situation arises.
My best recommendation is to be genuine, honest, and answer their questions if you have nothing to hide.
The officers know you have rights, you can take the 5th, you do not have to consent to let them search your property without a warrant, and you can always ask for a lawyer to be called. I guess in summary, most officers want to solve the problem quickly and efficiently as long as there is no crime, let you go on your way, and they can move onto the next call or situation.

You've been watching way too much Chinese Tiktok indoctrination. :)
Sister Saint Ann has the correct approach.

I was a big city crime reporter (San Francisco Chronicle) for 10 years and a human rights investigator after that, in many countries.

To the retired officer:

Lose the guilt. Policing in Murka reflects the obsolescence of a 19th century institution. It needs reform from the bottom up. Reporting from war zones requires asking rank and file combatants how things are. Why don't media do the same with rank and file cops, who are troops in a social war?

To dumbass cophaters, who typically fail to keep their obese buttcracks clean:

These officers risked their lives to defend freedom. Wanna hate on them?

I want to have Hodges' baby. But y'know, without a uterus... so sad!

( . )( . )

Last edited:
I've trained them and worked with them.

The vast majority are your friends, neighbors, family people and upstanding members of their community.

Hell, over half of the ones I grew up with were the targets of bullying at school and went into the field to make things right for people like them, so IMHO, if there are bad cops, we helped create them and they are not the norm.

Hell, crap slips into the cracks of every organized human endeavor, no matter how altruistic. Take the church, or Congress, or women's sports, for example.

🧐
Thanks for this.

I have been a crime reporter and a victim of a political frame up.

Cops are like every other employment group. Mostly good, some bad.

( . )( . )

Back