The Police Are Not Your Friend

I have been underwhelmed by the last 3 that I have talked to, so that's why I make it my secondary purpose when on the road not to do things that might encourage them to see me as a revenue collection opportunity.

"Do you know why I stopped you?"

"I'd sooner try to fathom a crackwhore's thinking as a cop's."

That's what I think, but it doesn't fall out of my mouth.
You’re right tickets and summonses are just to create revenue. Pulling someone over should be a teachable moment not a money maker. You have to consider the orders from the mayor all the way down to the sgt.

You’re right tickets and summonses are just to create revenue. Pulling someone over should be a teachable moment not a money maker. You have to consider the orders from the mayor all the way down to the sgt.

There are three rural mountainous counties in the southwest of this state which patrol their piece of the interstate like it's a toll booth. Since it's hilly, it's easy to get impatient with trucks passing trucks and wanting to blow past them. Guess who's waiting. And the work zones are watched by hawks.

Tip: that work zone speed limit? It applies whether the crews are working or not - nights, weekends, holidays and rain included.

I’d give a friendly warning and warn the driver that the incident would be in our computer.

I watched the video and as a retired cop of 19 years this is embarrassing. She should have been let go with a kind warning to get the paperwork taken care of. If I was there I would have pulled her over got the story, probably followed up with the dad and send her on her way. Many times people don’t realize this stupid shit is actually a thing. If a cop asks you to search your car a polite no will suffice. He will probably try to scare you with getting a search warrant. They need probable cause for a search warrant. They probably don’t have it and will let you go.
I always treated people like I would like to be treated. Most cops are tools truthfully. Thinking they are saving the world by arresting a 20 year old. I’m sure some of you think I’m a piece of shit for being a cop. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I appreciate your perspective. As a previous poster said, this should have been a teachable moment, and it was. This girl will spend the next half-century with a passionate HATRED of LEOs, and who could blame her. Nice work, officers. ALL cops should hate those motherfucking dyke bitches.

I watched the video and as a retired cop of 19 years this is embarrassing. She should have been let go with a kind warning to get the paperwork taken care of. If I was there I would have pulled her over got the story, probably followed up with the dad and send her on her way. Many times people don’t realize this stupid shit is actually a thing. If a cop asks you to search your car a polite no will suffice. He will probably try to scare you with getting a search warrant. They need probable cause for a search warrant. They probably don’t have it and will let you go.
I always treated people like I would like to be treated. Most cops are tools truthfully. Thinking they are saving the world by arresting a 20 year old. I’m sure some of you think I’m a piece of shit for being a cop. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
What did you do when you had to work with officers who were ‘tools’ or were behaving unprofessionally?

I was taught by cool chill officers so I was taught right. Like I said I treated people like I wanted to be treated. If they acted like assholes I was a bigger asshole. If I worked with someone who was a tool or asshole they wouldn’t have a chance to even talk I would handle the situation. If they started being assholes i would take over. When we got in the car i would have a talk with them. I had a reputation of being cool with the public and some guys in my department thought I was an asshole but I didn’t care.

I guess with age comes a certain level of I don’t give a fuck. My last ticket…

I was speeding. I got pulled over. I pull into a neighborhood so the cop doesn’t have to stand on the side of a busy highway. He asks me why I was speeding, and I tell him I’ve been running with traffic, why did he single me out?

We get into a back and forth (platitudes on his part about safety) and I’d had enough at this point (just write the F’n ticket) and tell him, “son, I’ve been running up and down this stretch of road longer than you’ve been alive”…this led to his asking had I been drinking, which pissed me off, and I retorted in a loud voice “NO, I haven’t been drinking! Just write the ticket”…

My wife is totally shocked but loving I’m giving him shit, says maybe I should back off…I was just getting started and began bitching about how these asshats are just generating revenue and NOT out looking for the criminals breaking into my dads business that he long ago just quit calling the cops because they never did anything to help.

My good Peace Officer walked up when I was in full song about this and overheard that last part…all he said was ”have a good evening”…I didn’t respond in kind.

===PS===

I have known more sherrifs than city cops over the years. By and large those guys are just trying to do an impossible job…everyone hates them…criminals and general public alike. I really want to give them a break, but when I get pulled over for 10 miles over the limit, it just chaps my ass and makes me start to do what I did above.

I’ve done two things for peace of mind…get a good quality Radar Detector. Get a good lawyer. Neither a cheap option mind you but now I get warned ahead of time and if I do get caught, I just hand it off to the lawyer who makes it go bye-bye…

I guess with age comes a certain level of I don’t give a fuck. My last ticket…

I was speeding. I got pulled over. I pull into a neighborhood so the cop doesn’t have to stand on the side of a busy highway. He asks me why I was speeding, and I tell him I’ve been running with traffic, why did he single me out?

We get into a back and forth (platitudes on his part about safety) and I’d had enough at this point (just write the F’n ticket) and tell him, “son, I’ve been running up and down this stretch of road longer than you’ve been alive”…this led to his asking had I been drinking, which pissed me off, and I retorted in a loud voice “NO, I haven’t been drinking! Just write the ticket”…

My wife is totally shocked but loving I’m giving him shit, says maybe I should back off…I was just getting started and began bitching about how these asshats are just generating revenue and NOT out looking for the criminals breaking into my dads business that he long ago just quit calling the cops because they never did anything to help.

My good Peace Officer walked up when I was in full song about this and overheard that last part…all he said was ”have a good evening”…I didn’t respond in kind.

===PS===

I have known more sherrifs than city cops over the years. By and large those guys are just trying to do an impossible job…everyone hates them…criminals and general public alike. I really want to give them a break, but when I get pulled over for 10 miles over the limit, it just chaps my ass and makes me start to do what I did above.

I’ve done two things for peace of mind…get a good quality Radar Detector. Get a good lawyer. Neither a cheap option mind you but now I get warned ahead of time and if I do get caught, I just hand it off to the lawyer who makes it go bye-bye…
I was a sheriff. Most people respected us more than the local cops.

I normally dont participate in political threads but this one hits close to home. My wife was T-boned by an officer off duty. He damn near killed her because he was in a hurry to get home. He sped through a flashing yellow light at an intersection that had stopped working normally after a storm. Luckily his car camera caught his speed and showed everyone treating it like a 4 way stop. His sorry ass didnt even try to slow down and claimed he did not have to. I guess he thinks hes above the law. We got sued by the town of wake Forest for damages. After 4 yrs of fighting in court we got our justice when a jury trial clearly saw he was 100% at fault.
Then just recently my daughter was stopped for a minor traffic violation. He stopped her in a dark rural area and harrassd her. He told her he could anything he wanted. She called me and was having a panic attack because shes been assaulted in the past. After i spoke to him and he realized he was being an asshole and that id get him fired for his actions(yes she has him on video for how overly cocky he was being with her) he dropped the ticket. I have nothing against police but my experience has not been very positive.

I was taught by cool chill officers so I was taught right. Like I said I treated people like I wanted to be treated. If they acted like assholes I was a bigger asshole. If I worked with someone who was a tool or asshole they wouldn’t have a chance to even talk I would handle the situation. If they started being assholes i would take over. When we got in the car i would have a talk with them. I had a reputation of being cool with the public and some guys in my department thought I was an asshole but I didn’t care.
So what did you do to ensure that bad cops were fired and weren’t able to continue being bad cops once they weren’t in front of you?

I've never shared even a partial pic of myself on this site before, but I'll make a special exception here. I got this shirt, or sexy lingerie as my SO calls it, at a gala that also had a silent auction to benefit the family of an officer shot & killed in his patrol car while eating lunch. Best $400 I've ever spent. I do fuck the police, twice a day if I can, 3 times if I'm lucky.

You all have legitimate reasons to be hateful & angry, but things are so different from state to state. Comparing what sherrifs can do in California to what police are doing in Iowa, is like comparing apples to iguanas. If we want real reform, and trust in Law Enforcement we need some kind of national oversight. However, that starts to feel like a police state/martial law real quick, so no headway has been made.

Anyway, I hope you at least got a little bit if a laugh out if this today.
52741675.png

Last edited:
How much does the lawyer charge for that service?
I’d have to check with my leadfoot wife as she’s actually used their services more than I but if I remember it was around $500-600…I think she gets a discount now as she’s used him so much!🤣

So what did you do to ensure that bad cops were fired and weren’t able to continue being bad cops once they weren’t in front of you?
Here's the rub: they can't advertise when bad cops are fired. When a bad cop is let go for cause, all the HR in a city can do is report that they are not eligible for re-hire when called for a reference. If a cop is let go for use of force, dishonesty, or anything like that, there needs to be a national list made so they can't just go to another state and get a job.

We didn’t really have bad cops. Assholes or tools yes. Nothing that would warrant getting fired. Especially since we all wore body cameras. Most guys got fired for their off duty antics. Most guys changed their attitudes once we got body cameras.
Sometimes body cameras actually make the situation worse. Cops are afraid to get in trouble so sometimes an incident can get out of hand

During the lockdown my dept chose not to enforce mask/lockdown mandates. I actually did get a complaint lodged against me for not breaking up an outdoor basketball game with 6 kids.

We didn’t really have bad cops. Assholes or tools yes. Nothing that would warrant getting fired. Especially since we all wore body cameras. Most guys got fired for their off duty antics. Most guys changed their attitudes once we got body cameras.
Sometimes body cameras actually make the situation worse. Cops are afraid to get in trouble so sometimes an incident can get out of hand
Assholes and tools who have to change their behavior if they are being recorded ARE bad cops, though.

There are assholes and tools in every profession. Being an asshole or tool isn’t against the law until they break the law. These cops may get a demeanor complaint and will get written up. After a couple write ups they will get suspended.

I saw a video of two female cops screwing the fuck out of a nice 20 year old girl. They are evil. They are not your friend and they only exist to put you in a cage. Search You Tube for "20 yr. old Learns the Hard Way". I am a good and trusting person and I am law abiding. It's over 10 years since I was pulled over. I am respectful when pulled over, yet I want to protect my rights. What are good ways to polite decline to participate in the "friendly" small talk bull shit that cops use to find a way to lock you up? "Where are you going?" Where are you coming from?" What do you do for a living?" "Can I search your car?"
If you've done nothing wrong and haven't broken any laws, why would you be afraid of the cops? They just don't randomly pull people over to harass them. There has to be a reason.

I've had my share of speeding tickets and NOT ONCE did they ever ask to search my car or go into any other questioning as to why or where or anything of the sort.

However, I was respectful to them, kept my hands on my steering wheel and even let them know that I had my Conceal Carry Permit but there weren't any firearms in the car.

All they did was ask for insurance paper, DL and then issued me a ticket.

If you don't want to be pulled over, then don't break any laws. No speeding or breaking of any other driving laws.

If you get pulled over, then just tell them that you don't have to answer any of their questions, NO - they can't search your car and that if goes beyond that, then you want a lawyer. However, if you do all that, you'll make them very suspicious of you and they'll wonder why you're acting that way and if you're hiding something from them.

Some are good...some are bad.
I will say this.. one of the kids I knew in college dealt a ton of drugs during his four years and just retired from being a New York State Trooper a few years ago. Nuff said about why we have some bad police officers.

Why is "I'm just a product of my environment" an acceptable justification/defense/mitigation for criminal behavior from cops, but not ordinary citizens?
No one has said that, at least not me, so I don't have an answer for your challenge(?).

Back