When you are on a date. What are some good things to discuss or ask about?

Zephreck

Really Experienced
I have a new friend and learning things about her. I am curious to hear from others about questions that maybe you wish others would ask.

You know when you are interviewing someone for a job it has a specific form and function. When you are spending time with someone you want to get to know better... What are some "good" questions to ask? Assuming that the context is not a job interview. That is the last thing I would want her to feel. I don't want it to be an "investigation" more of a natural conversation. I am looking for things that men should ask about. And your responses will have to be more general because I haven't told you about the person. Maybe a different way of stating the question would be.. What do you wished guys would talk or ask about more?

Anyway I am curious what your responses are. In general I was wanting to know what ladies in particular would want to be asked but I should be more open. Guys what do you wished someone asked you?

What do you wished guys would talk or ask about more?
Someone recently asked me about my hobbies. Not particularly groundbreaking, but I was very impressed how he responded with such genuine interest in each hobby I mentioned.
For me, the questions only matter as much as the response and engagement I get back. It shows how well you can carry a conversation. No one likes the burden of always keeping a conversation afloat by themselves.

Sorry I didn't list more questions.
How about, "What are your ideal traits in a partner?" Followed by, "What do you need from a partner to help you feel safe & secure?"

Thank you so much for your response. I agree with you about conversations. It is tough sometimes to carry the conversation. The person I am talking to is a bit shy I think. So I want to be respectful of that and I certainly don't want to overwhelm her.

I like the question about ideal traits in a partner. Whenever people have asked me that before it definitely showed they were interested in knowing more about me. I also like the idea of talking about hobbies.

I absolutely love the second question though even more. A woman's safety is incredibly important. I really should include that in our next conversation. What she needs to feel safe and secure is incredibly important to me.

I absolutely love the second question though even more. A woman's safety is incredibly important. I really should include that in our next conversation. What she needs to feel safe and secure is incredibly important to me.
Yay! Then you're already on the right track.
My therapist actually posed that question to me & I quite enjoyed it. It was nice for me to really prioritize those things that I value most that contribute to a safe environment for me. It was a good self reflection & way of learning myself better (even if that wasn't her intent).

My questions always depended on the date, how much I knew about her before we went out, etc. I don't have a set list, but it's rare you can't connect on some level.

There are always some fall back ones, but those are generic and last resort

I agree that it is rare that you can't connect on some level with most people. I was looking for just insight into the whole process. The person I am talking to is a bit shy and I don't want to overwhelm her.

Thanks for your comments.

As long as it doesn't feel like being on a job interview, I enjoy questions that allow people to get to know eachother. I loose interest if the conversation is one sided. Find out what her interests are. See if you can find some common ground and go do some of those things.

What are some of your passions in life?
Great question. Wasn't sure if it was a suggestion to ask her that or if you were wanting to know mine.

I enjoy a variety of things. Hiking, waterfalls, mountains and forests, football, cooking, finding great places to eat. Those are some off the top of my head.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Sorry that has been your experience. I don't want to boring or to talk for hours.

The sort of question I would like to be asked or ask is "Where did you go and what did you do on your favorite vacation?" If they can't choose a favorite vacation, ask about the most recent one instead. It gives you insight into their life of choice. Can you see yourself being a part of that? Whether it's new dining experiences, making memories with family, going on adventures or relaxing, can you see yourself being a part of that?

Wow! I read your post and it made me realize that Lynn and I dated almost 8 years and I don't remember a single conversation. I do remember that she was the talker, so I let her lead the conversation.

First I share the conversation I donā€™t monopolize it. I try to look for clues. Start off with thing we have in common and as the conversation develops I look for Segways to ask a question or turn the conversation so they are telling me something about themselves. Itā€™s hard to just throw out a list of questions, they can sometimes be conversation stoppers. People can be nervous and give short direct answers and it can be like pulling teeth.

I have a new friend and learning things about her. I am curious to hear from others about questions that maybe you wish others would ask.

You know when you are interviewing someone for a job it has a specific form and function. When you are spending time with someone you want to get to know better... What are some "good" questions to ask? Assuming that the context is not a job interview. That is the last thing I would want her to feel. I don't want it to be an "investigation" more of a natural conversation. I am looking for things that men should ask about. And your responses will have to be more general because I haven't told you about the person. Maybe a different way of stating the question would be.. What do you wished guys would talk or ask about more?

Anyway I am curious what your responses are. In general I was wanting to know what ladies in particular would want to be asked but I should be more open. Guys what do you wished someone asked you?
I wouldn't want to be asked anything. I'd like the man to tell me how he's going to use me, which would get me aroused

I'm a Vixen hotwife, so the only dates I go on is just foreplay where we both know we're probably gonna fuck in a couple of hours, so I like to be asked and ask obvious, straight-forward questions:

What turns you on? Off?
How do you like to fuck? Be fucked?
What do you want to do to me? Me to you?
How kinky do you like to get?
What do you hope I'll want to do?
What about me makes you hard?
Don't guys (or girls) have a pretty good sense of what you're looking for beforehand?

Friend date topics: life, work, art, movies, travel, whatever. Meal fine.

Sex date topics: health, kinks, rules e.g. no hitting, general stuff, dirty talk. No meal except broth.

( . )( . )

I was introduced to a young lady while at a club. When we weren't on the dance floor we chatted. I asked for her telephone number and called her a day or two later. On our first date I asked about her education, her family and her work. The answer to these questions told me a lot. We ended up dating for over a year during which we had long telephone conversations, hours long.

How do they feel about the current Israel-gaza conflict and where do they land on abortion rights.
Start off with some easy topics and then maybe see what hobbies they are into

Back