Question about friendships/social life šŸ§

PantsAndPencils

ā€œVirginā€
What do your platonic relationships look like? šŸ‘€

I come from a family of homebodies and introverts, so growing up I never really had an adult model what it looked like to have an active social life šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø It didnā€™t really occur to me until now to actually ask other people what this area of life looks like for them. If you folks donā€™t mind, Iā€™d appreciate hearing about yours!

Iā€™m really interested in hearing any/everything that comes to your mind on this topic, but some questions you could consider include:
  1. Are you a part of one or more ā€œfriend groupsā€ or are most of your platonic relationships one-on-one?
  2. Where did your friendships originate from? (Ex. Friends from work, met through shared hobbies, old friends from school youā€™ve kept up with, etc.)
  3. On an average week, what does your platonic/social life look like? How often do you hang out with friends, how long do you hang out for, what do you do during that time, etc. Or if you mostly get your socialization needs fulfilled at work and donā€™t hang out with others much beyond that, I wanna know that too!
  4. What things do you appreciate about your friendships/what about your friendships makes them strong?
  5. If you have an SO, how do they factor into things? Do you ā€œshareā€ a lot of friends or do you both still run in separate circles?
Thanks en avance for any answers!! ā˜ŗļøšŸ’•

1 More
2 Multiple sources
3 I work with friends, in a close environment.
4 friends who will sacrifice their own needs for you on occasion.
5 Both

Are you a part of one or more ā€œfriend groupsā€ or are most of your platonic relationships one-on-one?

Where did your friendships originate from? (Ex. Friends from work, met through shared hobbies, old friends from school youā€™ve kept up with, etc.)
I have a lot of friend groups. Old buddies from high school, work friends, parents from kids sports, neighbors. I like to keep up w people , Altho Iā€™m a weirdo and also really like being alone sometimes.

They can be 1-1 and groups or couples.
On an average week, what does your platonic/social life look like?
probably once a week. May have a big bonfire and invite neighbors, or go out to lunch w an old friend if I can make the time. When kids were younger weā€™d go for drinks or dinner w other parents while the kids practiced.
If you have an SO, how do they factor into things? Do you ā€œshareā€ a lot of friends or do you both still run in separate circles?
Yes. šŸ˜‚ both.

Back