The Official Authors' Hangout Winter Holidays Support thread.

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
The start is only a few days away. Remember you could use NaNoWriMo to write your entry(ies).

Winter Holidays
themes: winter holiday traditions (dreidels, gift giving, etc.), cold weather (snow), holiday mythology (Santa, elves), etc.
starts: November 4
closes: December 3
winners announced: December 10

s usual, this thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2020 Winter Holidays Contest. Get your characters festive and sexy.

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do.

Some of that attention might be unwelcome, some abusive, but some could be appreciative and helpful.

Wait for Laurel's notice of the start of the contest as a sticky at the top of the Authors' Hangout before submitting and follow the instructions in that thread.

Holy shit!

I forgot how little time there was between the end of the Halloween contest and the start of the Winter one.

Where does the time go when you are procrastinating? :eek:

Mea culpa!

I should have started this thread a fortnight ago...

Winter Holidays
themes: winter holiday traditions (dreidels, gift giving, etc.), cold weather (snow), holiday mythology (Santa, elves), etc.
starts: November 4
closes: December 3
winners announced: December 20

I know this is the schedule on the 2020 contest calendar, but I wonder if it's right. There's usually a week from contest closure to announcements. This schedule gives seventeen days. It also only gives six days between the end of the Halloween contest and the start of the Holiday contest.

It would make more sense if it started on November 14th and closed on December 13th, with winners announced on the 20th.

well then

I might actually get two stories out in a single year, after nothing in almost a decade.

I'm excited for this. I'm working on at least 4.

Two incest, one Group, one Lesbian.

Yeesh. I missed the Halloween contest because I got side-tracked starting my Winter Holidays story...

Which I got side-tracked from trying to get a new chapter finished in a running serial...

It would be nice if everything was two weeks later as NotWise commented. Sigh.

Love it! Bring on the contests!

My entry is done and dusted, but I wasn't tracking the dates. Thanks, Ogg, as always.

Working on two, but one of them is going on forever and there may not be time to finish the other (which is already a holdover from last year, when I never really got rolling on it). The one I am probably going to finish is one of my best in a while, though.

So I've written one, and it's <9000 words, but it talks a lot about the Summer heat... It does focus on Christmas though. Do those of us in the Southern Hemisphere get an exemption for mentioning hot weather when we mention Christmas?

Submit and Write

I just posted my Amorous Goods story, after doing the Halloween contest, and I'm off and writing with this now.

You guys are working me!

So I've written one, and it's <9000 words, but it talks a lot about the Summer heat... It does focus on Christmas though. Do those of us in the Southern Hemisphere get an exemption for mentioning hot weather when we mention Christmas?

the topics are either/or, not "you must include all of these"

of course you could always add a character mentioning "I'm glad I'm not in Canada, where by Christmas, it is a freezing cold and snowy Winter."

Last edited:

Yep, I ignore the “winter” gift giving traditions and just go with Christmas south of the equator.

(Shakes head after going in to the local supermarket and sees a wall full of Christmas decorations...)

Yep, I ignore the “winter” gift giving traditions and just go with Christmas south of the equator.

(Shakes head after going in to the local supermarket and sees a wall full of Christmas decorations...)

One of our local supermarkets has been selling Christmas puddings and mince pies along with back to school items BEFORE they stared Halloween.

Here's the challenge

I have two stories started and both are simply stand-alone stories that happen during Christmas time, or whatever you want to call it.

It feels disengenuous, like I'm horning a story into place just based on the time of year.

I'll have to start again, maybe get something else working. More spiked eggnog, more relatives, more cozy blankets covering hands doing things to each other...

Presumably you will have given the Southern Hemisphere as the story setting. If so, any confusion should be for the reader to wise up on.

I had no idea what to write for this contest, however, the perfect title popped into my head and it was off and running.

"I Touch My Elf."

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch my elf
I don't want anybody else
Oh no, oh no, oh no

...with apologies to The Divinyls.

Back