The New Lit Story Page is Coming, Update Your Author Avatar

Manu

Just A Test Title OK
As announced earlier, the new Literotica Story Page will soon be in open BETA testing.

If you're a Lit Author, please consider reviewing - and possibly updating - your member avatar image. You can review and update it at the top right of your Profile page in the Lit Control Panel.

The image will be used on the author card on the new story page. It will appear at the start and end of each of your published Literotica stories.

The new author card will look something like this:
attachment.php

The new author card will be one of the most likely places for your readers to become your followers. Your avatar will help you to make a good first impression, and it will be increasingly important to the overall impression that readers have of you as an author.

We don't require an avatar, but I think it will benefit you to have a good one.

:D:D

Attachments

• Author-Card-001.png
    Author-Card-001.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
Looks interesting!

I love my current avatar of a pen in hand, that's writing.

But I think if someone was smart they'd make an avatar with bright colors or something to grab more attention.

So, will this be another link on the Literotica.com homepage, like the favorites beta?

It's too bad that you can't add a new avatar to your author page...

I just tried and it didn't work.

Ah, I see... waiting for moderation. So who is going to moderate all these changed Avatars?

Last edited:
It's too bad that you can't add a new avatar to your author page...

I just tried and it didn't work.

Ah, I see... waiting for moderation. So who is going to moderate all these changed Avatars?

Did it appear for you eventually? Laurel said she approved everything in the queue. We just do a very quick scan of the images to make sure they don't have hardcore, spam, or anything obvious. It's not full moderation really, just a quick spot check to try to stop anything too bad from getting through. :D

If you ever do notice any avatars that shouldn't be on the site, just let us know via email, PM, or the Report feature.

So, will this be another link on the Literotica.com homepage, like the favorites beta?

The plan right now is to add a page to your Control Panel where you can turn the new Story Page on or off. We're still working on this plan, and we're not 100% sure it will be fast enough if a lot of users join the BETA, so the plan could change.

As announced earlier, the new Literotica Story Page will soon be in open BETA testing.

If you're a Lit Author, please consider reviewing - and possibly updating - your member avatar image. You can review and update it at the top right of your Profile page in the Lit Control Panel.

The image will be used on the author card on the new story page. It will appear at the start and end of each of your published Literotica stories.

The new author card will look something like this:
attachment.php

The new author card will be one of the most likely places for your readers to become your followers. Your avatar will help you to make a good first impression, and it will be increasingly important to the overall impression that readers have of you as an author.

We don't require an avatar, but I think it will benefit you to have a good one.

:D:D

I had a quick look; it's very interesting, but I am baffled by "the title" (max 20 characters).
I thought that was the motto. . . .

Did it appear for you eventually? Laurel said she approved everything in the queue. We just do a very quick scan of the images to make sure they don't have hardcore, spam, or anything obvious. It's not full moderation really, just a quick spot check to try to stop anything too bad from getting through. :D

If you ever do notice any avatars that shouldn't be on the site, just let us know via email, PM, or the Report feature.

Yes, thank you, it is there now.

Did it appear for you eventually?

I have reported an avatar more than once, yet it remains.

Now, about the Forum Profile pages .......

I had a quick look; it's very interesting, but I am baffled by "the title" (max 20 characters).
I thought that was the motto. . . .

The "Title" in your profile is a short tagline will likely be used in the header of the new Author Page, as well as in other places around the site.

We tested adding it to the new Story Page Author Card, but it was found to be distracting from the reading experience. We could add it back later, but at least in version 1.0 we are keeping the new Story Page very minimal.

My tasteful and artistic new profile pic is still awaiting moderation :)

I think Manu's avatar uses a copyrighted image, plus it's got a photo of a famous person, so my guess is . . . not very.

As someone who's a little too proud of using Jimmy from You're the Worst as my avatar on the site, this would be a relief.

What size (in pixels) should the avatars be?

I uploaded one that was 128x128 and its appearance is very shrunken.

I think Manu's avatar uses a copyrighted image, plus it's got a photo of a famous person, so my guess is . . . not very.

I agree that the Web site, although itself a producer of material it wants to protect, doesn't care--and probably, reflected in not responding to the question, would rather the question wasn't asked. Rule #3 of the forum says not to post copyrighted images, and, legally, both the poster and the Web site are subject to successful suit in posting it. But, while wanting to protect his/her own material, why would one worry about not posting material belonging to anyone else without their permission? It is, after all, a self-possessed world, isn't it? :rolleyes:

seeking assistance

I tried to upload an avatar, but when it populated onto the author control panel page (before I saved the changes), the image came up sideways. There was an icon to crop the image, but notthing that I could see to re-orient it. Does anyone know how? Or a fool proof way to have my avatar picture show up correctly?

Thanks

I tried to upload an avatar, but when it populated onto the author control panel page (before I saved the changes), the image came up sideways. There was an icon to crop the image, but notthing that I could see to re-orient it. Does anyone know how? Or a fool proof way to have my avatar picture show up correctly?

Don' know. Maybe crop your image so that it's a little taller than it is wide? If it is then crop it so that it's a little wider than it is tall. Or maybe make it square.

The largest presentation I've seen of my new avatar has been reduced to 50x50 and in all but one case it's cropped to a circle, with the outer rim replaced with a white border. 50x50 is a largely useless size as far as I'm concerned.

That's all in the current pages, and the new ones may be different. I've asked twice now for guidelines, and I've received none. I could keep experimenting, but have no reason to think that an experiment I make now will be relevant to the presentation on the new page.

And of course, any experiment I do now takes Laurel's time.

Can we just get guidelines?

I'm still looking for a copy of the eye image I've used as my avatar and can't find it. Still looking.

Tilt your head ninety degrees.

Such a helpful suggestion! :rolleyes: ;)

Don' know. Maybe crop your image so that it's a little taller than it is wide? If it is then crop it so that it's a little wider than it is tall. Or maybe make it square.

Can we just get guidelines?

Yes, guidelines would be helpful.
I tried two different images, and it seemed like they both got automatically cropped square.

Yes, guidelines would be helpful.
I tried two different images, and it seemed like they both got automatically cropped square.

Mine was square to start with (but not round), and the images were scaled down by more than 50%, then they were presented on my "options" page as a blurry thing scaled up to fit that space.

What's needed for the new page? I have not a clue. I'd like to cooperate, but I don't know how.

Last edited:
Back