The new football thread

So why does CBS show Taylor Swift twice in the first half when her BF Kelce only had one reception for one yard 🤣??

A friend of mine had a SB party and one of the bets was the over/under on how many times TS would be shown after a play. They set it at 7 and said the final outcome was 11.

A friend of mine had a SB party and one of the bets was the over/under on how many times TS would be shown after a play. They set it at 7 and said the final outcome was 11.
I couldn't understand why CBS had shown her twice in the first half when Kelce only had one reception for one freaking yard 🤣???

I was asking my buddies why weren't they showing Olivia Cupo who whatever the name of the young lady that McCafferty is dating?? Not once haaaa??? I got the first looks from my wife whenever I said that out loud?!?! Probably cost me a nice blowjob when we got home because I got zilch, nada, nothing but a good night when we got into bed 🤣

Hope you don‘t have to wait until the next Super Bowl for another shot at it. 🙃
Are you kidding me?? I know it was more torture for her to not give me said blowjob than it was for me not to receive one. Can't lie!!!

Anyways it is Valentine's Day this Wednesday so I'm not at all worry and if anything by her just saying good night to me ummmm she'll have more to enjoy so to speak come Wednesday 🙂

So, does anyone have any interest in the UFL that will be playing in the spring? It's the merger of the XFL and USFL

Someone explain to me why you draft a 24 year old QB 8th overall when you just paid K. Cousins 180 million to be your QB?

Now he'll be 26 or 27 before he gets to play unless injury or trade. 😏

Oh and another thing,the Packers didn't draft a kicker either so sorry bout that Ms @Chillygirl ;)

I hope you're doing well dear. :)

Last edited:
Someone explain to me why you draft a 24 year old QB 8th overall when you just paid K. Cousins 180 million to be your QB?

Now he'll be 26 or 27 before he gets to play unless injury or trade. 😏

Explanation: It’s the Falcons.

Well that's most of it but even for them that's pretty bad.

Just saying.
It was a good move in my opinion. They spent a single first round pick on the future QB assuming he pans out. I am not worried about what A Blank spends on a free agent now. The rules are so heavily weighted to offensive performance that a heavy investment in defense seems to be a bad allocation of resources.

Cousins is a bridge QB put in place to win now with the young skill talent on the team. He is at minimum a 2 year option... up to 4 if everybody plays well together. He is not the future. He is 36 years old....

If you win now your draft position next year and the year after will be much worse that 8th. That would mean spending additional draft capital down the road ( bundling picks ) to move up and take an as yet unknown future QB that has yet to be evaluated.

2 years ago we had Mariota and Ritter in the QB room. We now have Cousins and an understudy named Penix.... thats a real improvement.

I don't think there is any one player in the draft that I would rather have taken over a future QB. Assuming Penix is an NFL level QB in 2-3 years he makes the team better for the next 15 years. No other drafted player besides a QB can do that.

It was a good move in my opinion. They spent a single first round pick on the future QB assuming he pans out. I am not worried about what A Blank spends on a free agent now. The rules are so heavily weighted to offensive performance that a heavy investment in defense seems to be a bad allocation of resources.

Cousins is a bridge QB put in place to win now with the young skill talent on the team. He is at minimum a 2 year option... up to 4 if everybody plays well together. He is not the future. He is 36 years old....

If you win now your draft position next year and the year after will be much worse that 8th. That would mean spending additional draft capital down the road ( bundling picks ) to move up and take an as yet unknown future QB that has yet to be evaluated.

2 years ago we had Mariota and Ritter in the QB room. We now have Cousins and an understudy named Penix.... thats a real improvement.

I don't think there is any one player in the draft that I would rather have taken over a future QB. Assuming Penix is an NFL level QB in 2-3 years he makes the team better for the next 15 years. No other drafted player besides a QB can do that.
Cousins cannot be a bridge QB if youre giving him 4 year 180 million,100 million guaranteed that's a full blown commitment.

I like the QB I thought he was one of the best QB's in the draft,but youre paying a top 8 pick a high salary to sit on the bench for at least 2 years.

And you watch the first bad game Cousins has,the fans will demand Penix in and won't stop till he's put in.

I thought it would have been a decent move if Penix were 20 years old but he’ll be 24 next week. By the time he becomes the starter he’ll be 26 or 27 unless Cousins gets injured and then people will ask why he was signed in the first place.

Cousins cannot be a bridge QB if youre giving him 4 year 180 million,100 million guaranteed that's a full blown commitment.

I like the QB I thought he was one of the best QB's in the draft,but youre paying a top 8 pick a high salary to sit on the bench for at least 2 years.

And you watch the first bad game Cousins has,the fans will demand Penix in and won't stop till he's put in.

All good points.... however Cousin's contract allows for him to be released after 2 years with what will be a minimal cap hit if the team decides to move forward with Penix. Keep in mind that the cap is rising annually at a nice rate. Front line QBs soon will command 55 - 60 mil of the cap. Cousins is below that salary wise with minimal time committed.

In my opinion 2 years minimum on a 36 year old QB with questionable wheels I think would be considered a bridge.

When you have a chance to draft what you think will be your future franchise QB with a single pick I think that most GMs would jump at the chance. The Falcons did that with Matt Ryan out of BC and he is by far the best played the franchise has ever had. As a fan I have no issue with Penix sitting for 1-2 years while the bridge QB Cousins steers the team. Assuming he can stay healthy I think we should get back to the playoffs after a long drought. That keeps the fan base engaged.

If Penix develops and becomes the stud the team thinks he will be then its a great move. If like many QBs that are taken in the first round he implodes then it was a failure. Time will tell.

Enjoying the discussion

I thought it would have been a decent move if Penix were 20 years old but he’ll be 24 next week. By the time he becomes the starter he’ll be 26 or 27 unless Cousins gets injured and then people will ask why he was signed in the first place.

Very true as far as age goes.... but that age also equates to some real experience that should prove beneficial. With the rules against hitting a QB these days I think that for QBs that do not suffer a severe injury their careers will soon easily extend into the 40s if they want them to. The money being what it is many of the position players are opting out early in their careers to preserve their health however a QB who is raking it in might be more likely to play longer. Depends on the O line ;-).

I would bet a round of beers that Cousins will be hurt multiple times in these next 2 years.....

See my replay to Tunnelking as well.... enjoying the discussion

Back