The new football thread

It did not surprise me the Lions won. A great up and coming team. But I expected so much more from the Chiefs. The Champs. So naturally I picked the Chiefs. 0 and 1 to start the season. Damn it all.

I am taking the Falcons over Panthers. Look...if you can't protect your QB...you are doomed. Young is small...he is going to be running for his life all season. I doubt he will last 6 games. The Falcons have issues...but they got a decent defensive line. Only 2 first qb picks of the draft have won or tied their first hame in 22 years. That trend will continue. Falcons win.

I hate any team that gives a serial sexual predator a job. But they are playing at home. I do believe at the end of the year...the Bengals will triumph. But Joe is 1-4 against the brownies. I am tak8ng the Browns to win this game. Fuck I hate the taste in my mouth right now. I was born and raised near Cleveland...you can smell it an hour away. Browns win

Jaguars win over Colts. Sorry....just not a fan of Richardson. The Colts are owned by the second worst owner in the League in not being able to keep his mouth shut. And Trevor won 8 of the last 9. This is an easy win for the Jags. Watch out...this team has potential.

Vikings vs Buccaneers. This is a toss up. What the fuck you talking about Dribble? Vikings are a better team. And they are playing against Baker fucking Mayfield. But the Vikings are way over hyped. I am picking the Vikings...but only cause they are home. This is an upset game. I would not be surprised if Tampa wins this.

Saints win over Titans. I like Derek Carr. Fuck...the guy did a pretty decent job playing for the Raiders...a really poorly operated team. Titans are a mess right now. No identity. I think the Saints can make waves winning their Division.

I will make some enemies here. I am picking the Steelers to win over the 49ers. I am not a Brock fan. But the dude is surrounded by a lot of offensive talents. If they play like they did last year...the 49ers will be a tough team. And they got Bosa back. But the Steelers got a healthy Watt. I think the Steelers win this one.

Commanders win over the Cardinals. The Cards have already gone on record of their intentions to tank. The Commanders got rid of the worst piece of shit owner in the history of all professional sports. They deserve a good season. It starts here with an easy win.

I really really really like what the Texans have done. They got rid of a cancer. They took the best QB in the draft. Then they moved up and took the best D player in the draft. Awesome. And they finally got what I think is gonna be a great coach. This team is built for the future. But not today. Ravens win. Why? They got a new offensive coordinator that will spread the field. This should make it easier on Jackson.

Packers Bears. Seriously...this will be a great game. One of the best this week. Either team can win this one. I like the changes I saw in Fields last year. They will surprise a lot of people. But the Packers win. Easily. Why? Did you see the touch the kid had on that corner pass in the preseason? Perfection. The Packers made the right choice pushing out Rodgers. He was the problem holding back the development of this team.

Broncos win over the Raiders. Look it is simple. If Wilson doesn't win...he will not be in the Hall. Period. Put up or shut up. Broncos won't make waves...they really lack the offensive talent. But they win this one...because they have to...and they are at home

Eagles win over Patriots. The pundants keep saying Pat's. Yes the Eagles lost 5 starters on Defense. And that will raise it head sometime this season. But not today. Eagles can run the ball. Soon as the Pats adjust to that...passes go outside to the best WR out there last year. Look...Hurts was the best player in the SB last year. Hands down. This game will not be close

Dolphins Chargers. The Dolphins have a lot of talent. Their problem? A coach that doesn't know what a concussion looks like...and now an offensive coordinator that ruined Dallas's last few years. I think Dolphins win even though they are away. But this could easily be a blow out for the Chargers. Dolphin fans will be disappointed again this year

Seahawks win over the Rams. The Rams sold their future to win a SB. Their time is done. The Seattle team won a lot more games than I ever expected possible last year. They win this one

I hate the Cowboys. Worst Coach in the League. Worst Owner in the League. Worst Fans in the League. And a very overpaid mediocre QB. But the rest is scary good. I think they win over the home team Giants. But if they lose...I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy is canned. This is it. All or nothing. The boys win. Just too much other talent not to.

And then there is the Monday Night Game. The Diva. I hate Rodgers with a passion. Terrible leader. Sells out teammates to cover his ass. I would like to say he gets his ass handed to him. But that won't happen this game. The time of the Bills has passed. They had their chance. They failed to show. The Jets have a great team. Really good. This is the perfect first game for them. The hype will bring the Jets crashing in December...but for now...these should be fun games to watch.

That's my first week picks. Last year...I sucked. I was barely over 0.500. But I picked with my heart...and not as much with my head. The Jets are a better team than the Bills. I didn't let my hatred of Rodgers overshadow this. Same is true with the Cowboys...and the Browns. But it is the NFL...anything can...and will happen.

Enjoy the games

Late to the game so I will pick the later games. If I get half of these correct, I will be happy.

Packers vs Bears: Packers win a very low scoring game. Interested to see how Jordan Love does now that he is starting. Plus there is a certain lady on Lit that would probably castrate me if I picked against the Pack 😂

Raiders vs Broncos: Broncos win at home. Team should be much better this year with Sean Payton running the offense. Every time I think the Raiders are going to do well, they do Raider like things and lose.

Eagles vs Patriots: Eagles win. As an Alabama fan (Last night was 😕) I feel like Jalen Hurt is a much better QB than Mac Jones is and also has a lot of weapons. Patriots keep it close but will not have enough to win.

Dolphins vs Chargers: Chargers win at home. Should be a close game if Tua doesn’t get hurt but I think with Kellen Moore calling the plays now and Vic Fangio running the defense, the Chargers are going to be a pretty good team this year. It also doesn’t help that Jalen Ramsey will not be playing for the Fins.

Rams vs Seahawks: Seahawks will win at home. This was a crap shoot for me. Both teams look very meh 😒 and I am going with Seattle because its a home game, that place is louder than my drunk neighbor on a Saturday night.

Cowboys vs Giants: Giants will win at home. Both teams should have a great year but every time I pick Dallas to win, they lose 😆 So your welcome Cowboys fans.

Monday Night on 9/11 🇺🇸
Bills vs Jets:
Buffalos wins this game. First AaaaaaRon Rodgers is not the QB he used to be and the Jets seemed to let him also become their GM, which doesn’t normally work out well. Second thing, Josh Allen is probably going to play really well and will be the difference in the game. How cool will it be that Damar Hamlin.

Enjoy the day of football 🏈

Here is what 275 million gets you lol. #WhoDey

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 7
Man...I should have stuck with Tampa Bay. Saying it was an upset possibility isn't good enough for taking home the cookies. And what the fuck was that Pittsburgh?

Other than that...6-2 on the early games.

People people people...when it is raining...do not throw the ball that way. Seriously...some coaches shouldn't coach

This loss doesn't bother me. They got their ass handed to them by the Steelers in their first game last year. He deserves the money
I just thought it was funny they announced the contract just before the Chiefs revealed the championship banner to start the season. Then all the shit that was talked by bengals fan after the chiefs lose. Plus Chase talking shit about the browns. So much karma in that game. Lol

I just thought it was funny they announced the contract just before the Chiefs revealed the championship banner to start the season. Then all the shit that was talked by bengals fan after the chiefs lose. Plus Chase talking shit about the browns. So much karma in that game. Lol
I have a "friend"...acquaintance...within the organization. The story I heard was the date of the contract had nothing to do with the Chiefs...and had everything to do with being able to get it signed on the Founding owner's birthday. Burrow has impacted a city as rarely seen. It was a nod to "history". Chase...needs to run the entire next practice with a shirt saying "I am an idiot". Send a message. Until you win a SB...you keep your mouth shut

I have a "friend"...acquaintance...within the organization. The story I heard was the date of the contract had nothing to do with the Chiefs...and had everything to do with being able to get it signed on the Founding owner's birthday. Burrow has impacted a city as rarely seen. It was a nod to "history". Chase...needs to run the entire next practice with a shirt saying "I am an idiot". Send a message. Until you win a SB...you keep your mouth shut
NFL teams don’t need extra motivation lol

Ravens running back Dobbins tore his Achilles...out for the year. This is a huge loss. In my opinion...the key to Ravens success is keeping people healthy so those left uninjured...don't have to carry the team. There are unsigned free agents available. Go get one

Ravens running back Dobbins tore his Achilles...out for the year. This is a huge loss. In my opinion...the key to Ravens success is keeping people healthy so those left uninjured...don't have to carry the team. There are unsigned free agents available. Go get one
Damn I hate to see anyone get hurt

Back