The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly Who? :D

*Duck & Cover Everyone*

I would lash out, but I got my gazebo up today and I'm peacefully ensconced in it. Why spoil the mood?

Good lord, woman, where have you been?

Alas, my computer went belly-up. It took a while to resurrect.

Well, yes, frankly. Your absence was rather marked.
Have you another blog thingy out ?

No. I really need to post something in my current one, but I'm so wrapped in the current mani, I haven't the time.

Not knowing quite was a "mani" is, I'll pass on that, but it sure sounds time-consuming.

Manuscript. Unlike most of us, Molly is serious about her writing. That's why she's so good. Me? I do this for the jollies.

How's the garden doin', Molly? I've got corn five feet high and string beans comin' into cookin' size before the week's out.

Not knowing quite was a "mani" is, I'll pass on that, but it sure sounds time-consuming.

What VM said. I've a partner on this one and it adds just the right amount of wit that has always alluded me.

Manuscript. Unlike most of us, Molly is serious about her writing. That's why she's so good. Me? I do this for the jollies.

How's the garden doin', Molly? I've got corn five feet high and string beans comin' into cookin' size before the week's out.

I think I hate you. I've no corn and my beans are just now coming up. We've had a bit of a dry spell, and it also turned off cold for a couple of weeks. That's life in Illinois. :rolleyes: My peas are in bloom, though, as are my tomatoes. I need to plant my second crop of lettuce. The first one is now finished. We'll be having fresh spinach with supper. The herbs wintered-over, as did many of my flowers. It's almost unheard of in these parts. We have fresh herbs on everything.

What VM said. I've a partner on this one and it adds just the right amount of wit that has always alluded me.

I think I hate you. I've no corn and my beans are just now coming up. We've had a bit of a dry spell, and it also turned off cold for a couple of weeks. That's life in Illinois. :rolleyes: My peas are in bloom, though, as are my tomatoes. I need to plant my second crop of lettuce. The first one is now finished. We'll be having fresh spinach with supper. The herbs wintered-over, as did many of my flowers. It's almost unheard of in these parts. We have fresh herbs on everything.

I just put the tomatoes and eggplants in this week. I'm trying something new, grafted vegetables. I didn't plant them earlier because they have to be shipped from the grower and we were in Europe when they would have arrived. But supposedly they will grow and produce like there is no tomorrow. I sure hope so; I used up the last of the home made pasta sauce before we left.

I just put the tomatoes and eggplants in this week. I'm trying something new, grafted vegetables. I didn't plant them earlier because they have to be shipped from the grower and we were in Europe when they would have arrived. But supposedly they will grow and produce like there is no tomorrow. I sure hope so; I used up the last of the home made pasta sauce before we left.

I have one jar left. We may eat it tomorrow. It's really good stuff. I can't wait to make more.

I'm sitting in the Fortress of Solitude, enjoying the beauty of my gardens and watching a pair of robins with their offspring on the ground. It's a family of five. The parents are hunting and shoving fat, juicy warms down the throats of the juveniles. Fun to watch.

I was once accused of having a fetish for feeding people, myself. Yes, it's fun to watch and fun to do. I just made up a batch of rhubarb sauce and there is vanilla ice cream in the IC freezer making up to put under it. Then I'll make up some low glycemic whipped cream later on.

Having taken care of dessert, I really must give some thought to dinner . . .

Fish and chips, perhaps.

I was once accused of having a fetish for feeding people, myself. Yes, it's fun to watch and fun to do. I just made up a batch of rhubarb sauce and there is vanilla ice cream in the IC freezer making up to put under it. Then I'll make up some low glycemic whipped cream later on.

Having taken care of dessert, I really must give some thought to dinner . . .

Fish and chips, perhaps.

I have a panful of drumsticks in the oven. We'll have corn, spinach, fried rice and green onions. that should do it.

Ever since my blood sugar went off, we eat very little in the way of potatoes. But since it's well down in normal range now, the occasional bucket of oven fries won't hurt. I'll cook them in one oven and the frozen battered cod in the other, stick the peas in the microwave and we'll be set. And since HM has Bible study tomorrow night, left overs will make sure she gets out of the house in time.

We've got lots of leftovers.

Ever since my blood sugar went off, we eat very little in the way of potatoes. But since it's well down in normal range now, the occasional bucket of oven fries won't hurt. I'll cook them in one oven and the frozen battered cod in the other, stick the peas in the microwave and we'll be set. And since HM has Bible study tomorrow night, left overs will make sure she gets out of the house in time.

We've got lots of leftovers.

I like left-overs but the lump and the kid won't eat them. :rolleyes:

Gawd! I was raised that throwing away food was a sin. Some of it does go bad in the back of the fridge but when there're only two in the house, leftovers are a fact of life. It's really hard to cook without them. So we eat them. And now I'm off to start dinner. Later.

Gawd! I was raised that throwing away food was a sin. Some of it does go bad in the back of the fridge but when there're only two in the house, leftovers are a fact of life. It's really hard to cook without them. So we eat them. And now I'm off to start dinner. Later.

And I'm off to eat. Until we meet again...

Yup.

Just finished packing (Gonna be in St Louis all next week), so now it's rum and cigar time!

Hope you do'in, toots?

Yup. Pretty much is.

Gonna miss the kiddos big time. (Plus, the only person I could get to stay with them is my SIL and she's a serious bitch).

Well, at least there's someone. Perhaps she'll be sweet to the kiddies.

I'm off to bed. Safe journey to you.

Good Morning, Ladies & Gentlemen (and Bears, I guess).

Coffee is available. . .

(Left-over: the new re-cycling of food?)

Good Morning, Ladies & Gentlemen (and Bears, I guess).

Coffee is available. . .

(Left-over: the new re-cycling of food?)

There's nothing new about it. If it wasn't eaten by the end of the week, it went in the Sunday stew at Grandma's. We hated Sunday stew, so we ate everything up and got fried chicken instead. :D

There's nothing new about it. If it wasn't eaten by the end of the week, it went in the Sunday stew at Grandma's. We hated Sunday stew, so we ate everything up and got fried chicken instead. :D

Grandma's were smart that way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back