The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P8130048.jpg

Beautiful!
Good Morning Molly, trish, babs and anyone else around.

The fire's lit and sorted; the stones heated,
Coffee is on & doughnuts in the box.
I'm over there, having a rest.

I don't know about that. I'm chilled clear to the bone at the moment. I may need a lot of snuzzling.

You still doing the write conference next fall?

Yeah, I prepaid for it. Otherwise I might not go but since I'm already out of pocket for it, there's no avoiding it. Besides, the food was great! And who knows, once I'm retired I might just get back into the swing of the keyboard. Right now I'm preoccupied with getting ready for spring planting and woodwork. And in two weeks we're going to the Orchid Show and that will, of course, be expensive.

Yeah, I prepaid for it. Otherwise I might not go but since I'm already out of pocket for it, there's no avoiding it. Besides, the food was great! And who knows, once I'm retired I might just get back into the swing of the keyboard. Right now I'm preoccupied with getting ready for spring planting and woodwork. And in two weeks we're going to the Orchid Show and that will, of course, be expensive.

Orchids, beautiful

That's a TOOLBOX? would look great as an armoire in a bedroom.

Armoires are next. First I get the shop reorganized and a couple of 'pending' projects finished. Then I'll start aiming for solid wood casegoods (i.e. chests and armoires) with the doors as oil paintings. I've been told they should sell quite well--and just possibly handsomely!

I'm thinking of trying to talk Lumpy into making it our family vacation this year. I don't hold out much hope, but I really want to go.

Supposedly if he puts as much attention to Hot Mamma as he did the cabinet, hubba hubba!

Smoothing and soothing, oiling and polishing, uhm, wait where was I with that thought?

I don't know. I wandered through my imagination some time after "soothing". :devil:

Armoires are next. First I get the shop reorganized and a couple of 'pending' projects finished. Then I'll start aiming for solid wood casegoods (i.e. chests and armoires) with the doors as oil paintings. I've been told they should sell quite well--and just possibly handsomely!

Hey! What about my rocker?

I'm thinking of trying to talk Lumpy into making it our family vacation this year. I don't hold out much hope, but I really want to go.

I don't know. I wandered through my imagination some time after "soothing". :devil:

Hey! What about my rocker?

Rockers are sort of the penultimate woodworking project. Especially the sculptured sort, like this one by John Nyquist.

AT9-23LadderRockChair-JN.jpg

I'm getting started this summer as I already have the plans for two different versions. Tonight I'm emailing Tony to remind him to ask John for the plans for this one. Don't you just love it? I've seen (and sat in!) the original. It was auctioned off recently. Just what it brought I don't know.

It usually takes me three tries to get any given project perfect. So I'll make three Hal Taylors.

Cherry-Rocking-Chair-back.jpg

Then I'll try a couple of Maloof's.

3copy.gif

And finally John's. When I can build any of the three 'right', I'll try and combine the features of each that I like best into one. So there will be a goodly number of 'practice' chairs that I won't feel right selling. And since my house is rather small . . .

Rockers are sort of the penultimate woodworking project. Especially the sculptured sort, like this one by John Nyquist.

AT9-23LadderRockChair-JN.jpg

I'm getting started this summer as I already have the plans for two different versions. Tonight I'm emailing Tony to remind him to ask John for the plans for this one. Don't you just love it? I've seen (and sat in!) the original. It was auctioned off recently. Just what it brought I don't know.

It usually takes me three tries to get any given project perfect. So I'll make three Hal Taylors.

Cherry-Rocking-Chair-back.jpg

Then I'll try a couple of Maloof's.

3copy.gif

And finally John's. When I can build any of the three 'right', I'll try and combine the features of each that I like best into one. So there will be a goodly number of 'practice' chairs that I won't feel right selling. And since my house is rather small . . .

Well, hurry up! I really want one!

Love the burl on those panels.

It's amazing stuff. Up close you'd swear it was a satellite photo of the surface of Mars. I didn't know how much I'd really need so I still have 2+ sheets of the stuff! Expensive? Man! So next fall I'll be making a bunch of burl veneered jewelry boxes. They should go for c. $200/ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back