The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well. There's always the rest of my vacation. I'm going to bask in the days regardless of what happens.

Hey, Wenchie. How's it going?

Going well I guess, become a M-I-L on Monday.
Made a small cake for the daughter so she has something.
Watching fireworks out the patio door and on TV.

Congrats on the up-coming nuptials. It will be a happy day for your child.

Hopefully, here's a link to her cake. I'm a bit out of practice.
*woops* will post another link
DSCN1846.jpg

Last edited:
:kiss::heart: Kisses and hugs...leaving for the airport..yeah! I love FLA! See you guys next week:kiss:

I hereby declare a moritorium on all vacations.

This is my first one in 5 years. Our first true family vacation has decided to fall apart. First, my step-dad is still in the hospital. He's testy and driving us all nuts. I don't blame him a bit, but it's stressful.

The weather wouldn't cooperate. Fourth of July was a bust. No fireworks, the bbq tasted like shit and the kid was in a foul mood.

Now my car has taken a shit. The battery's dead, but we can't get the hood open to charge it, so it's going to cost $80-100 to get a tow, then another $100-150 to fix the hood latch--and let's not forget the new battery. Probably another $80-100.

The husband's in a bad mood. I have several more days to put up with that crap 24/7 and the kid is bored out of her skull. The trip out of town is probably off now since all my vacation money is going to fix this piece of shit car that's caused nothing but trouble since I got it.

Aaaaaaaaaarrrgh.

I need a drink. A lot of drinks. Hell, just hook me up to an IV bag of bourbon.

I hereby declare a moritorium on all vacations.

This is my first one in 5 years. Our first true family vacation has decided to fall apart. First, my step-dad is still in the hospital. He's testy and driving us all nuts. I don't blame him a bit, but it's stressful.

The weather wouldn't cooperate. Fourth of July was a bust. No fireworks, the bbq tasted like shit and the kid was in a foul mood.

Now my car has taken a shit. The battery's dead, but we can't get the hood open to charge it, so it's going to cost $80-100 to get a tow, then another $100-150 to fix the hood latch--and let's not forget the new battery. Probably another $80-100.

The husband's in a bad mood. I have several more days to put up with that crap 24/7 and the kid is bored out of her skull. The trip out of town is probably off now since all my vacation money is going to fix this piece of shit car that's caused nothing but trouble since I got it.

Aaaaaaaaaarrrgh.

I need a drink. A lot of drinks. Hell, just hook me up to an IV bag of bourbon.

Sorry to hear about your hol being put on hold. And cars are nothing but trouble - a necessary evil unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about your hol being put on hold. And cars are nothing but trouble - a necessary evil unfortunately.

When I lived in town, I road my bike everywhere. I miss my bike. I'm sick of the cost of cars, insurance and maintenance. And this thing's been a lemon since the day I got it. It sucks. What a piece of crap.

When I lived in town, I road my bike everywhere. I miss my bike. I'm sick of the cost of cars, insurance and maintenance. And this thing's been a lemon since the day I got it. It sucks. What a piece of crap.

And the cost of petrol. 104p / litre here now.

The sooner the plug-in hybrid comes along, the better. Not much about electric motors to break down.

Yeah. My husband is still fighting with me because I've told him my next one is a hybrid. He wants to get another beefy man-car to over-compensate for his...um...short-comings. You know how you guys can get. :rolleyes:

I just want something that won't cost an arm and a leg ever other month.

It wavers anywhere from $2.60 to $3.50 a gallon here. Being a holiday weekend, it was pretty high here lately. Whatever the cost, it's too much for all this agravation.

Hmm...

104 p / litre = 520 p / gallon = $8.50 per gallon

We're being taxed to buggery on petrol over here. :(

The sooner the plug-in hybrid comes along, the better. Not much about electric motors to break down.

Unconvinced about the case for these, yet. A hybrid still has a petrol motor for all but the lowest speed parts of a journey, so that's still there to go wrong. A pure electric car has problems with battery capacity, and if the millions of cars in the world all became electric we'd have a serious shortage of lithium for the batteries (or whatever chemistry they used instead). Maybe fuel cells running electric motors is the way to go, but generating the fuel from renewable sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back