The Nail Thread

One day could you post a picture of a finger with these pales on? I have some VERY pales that I find look a little odd sometimes, and other times I think they look ethereal and lovely. I think the white might give it some...oomph. Like white shadow under bright eyeshadow?

We could do a pale week. :) :rose: ( or if fingers then day :D)

I did immediately think of using white primer for eyeshadow. :) We could try a pale week. I have white, but perhaps a matte white would be a good idea? Maybe I will play with this.

haha! My 20 year old niece is leaving for Russia tomorrow, she stopped by to say goodbye. She had on mauve nail polish!! :):)

My current toes. I rarely get a design but said yes. I HATE it. Looks like a weed close up. Looks like a bird pooped on my toe from far away. Needless to say, I haven't changed it though.

U9zbEFZm.jpg

haha! My 20 year old niece is leaving for Russia tomorrow, she stopped by to say goodbye. She had on mauve nail polish!! :):)

;) It's trendy.

The color in your toes is nice. Is it a red with a magenta shine? I don't think the design looks bad. :) Definitely not like bird poo.

My current toes. I rarely get a design but said yes. I HATE it. Looks like a weed close up. Looks like a bird pooped on my toe from far away. Needless to say, I haven't changed it though.

[Pic snip]

I like it! I like the way it isn't centered. Symmetry is over rated :D

I missed the updates. :)

I see how the color changed on each finger. I can try something like this, but I'm still not sure that some of the colors I like will actually look good with my skin tone.

That's a fun design, CnC. :) It's surprisingly easy to accomplish too. Hm, I suppose getting everything straight would be difficult, but overall very simple.

That's a fun design, CnC. :) It's surprisingly easy to accomplish too. Hm, I suppose getting everything straight would be difficult, but overall very simple.

Yes, and I like the silver on purple, purple on silver theme.

The square nail shape appeals to me... in real life, I don't think I'd go with that. CnC - the purple and silver is really pretty.

I do NOT like the new trend of super pointy. :( I do like the light grey color.

02aKmcq.jpg

The square nail shape appeals to me... in real life, I don't think I'd go with that. CnC - the purple and silver is really pretty.

I do NOT like the new trend of super pointy. :( I do like the light grey color.

02aKmcq.jpg

Seriously what IS that? I don't understand the appeal of such a shape...

Gray is so chic. :) I like greige colors too. That particular shape (pointy) is not appealing to me. I have seen this more and more along with a similar shape but less pointy. Square looks good on other people but I really like a more rounded shape for myself. I read somewhere that the tip should be shaped similar to the nail bed for the best look. I don't know if that is really the best policy, I think going with what you like works.

As to the pointy nails, it's no wonder given the popularity of all the Vampires :D That's where I figured it originated. For my own shaping I also go with a rounded nail. I am a fan of the natural look in most things, I think this is no exception.

Matte is not my favorite. I really wasn't interested in this trend, but these fall nails are kind of awesome. :D

I don't think I'll do something so elaborate, but I think I'll keep an eye out for some of these colors.

Totally cool Meeks, loved them all!
Especially Ombre :heart: thought about doing that to my hair...

what a fun thread!

i am with some of the prior posters about the bright colours. I have some bright pinks that I am not comfortable with on my fingers, or will only use if my nails are shorter. Those definitely will go on the toes though :)

Someone asked about having the toes and fingernails always matching. I think that is personal preference. Mine rarely do, especially given how long the toe polish lasts. My toes arent seen all that often so it isn't an issue.

Does anyone have good tricks to get their nails to dry quickly? I have a product that helps but it still smudges :(

what a fun thread!

i am with some of the prior posters about the bright colours. I have some bright pinks that I am not comfortable with on my fingers, or will only use if my nails are shorter. Those definitely will go on the toes though :)

Someone asked about having the toes and fingernails always matching. I think that is personal preference. Mine rarely do, especially given how long the toe polish lasts. My toes arent seen all that often so it isn't an issue.

Does anyone have good tricks to get their nails to dry quickly? I have a product that helps but it still smudges :(

I stick my hands in the freezer :D
I open the door wide to make sure the fan comes on, and use that. It's champion!

what a fun thread!

CnC mentioned the freezer, cold water works too. I don't remember why it helps, but the paint sets in cold much faster.

I always use a topcoat made to dry faster. This one is what I use and it does fairly well. It's best in conjunction with the Insta-dri line of polishes but I've found it cuts dry time on any polish I use. It's got a nice glossy finish which I really like.

I did use a mineral oil coat that helped dry things, but I found that sometimes it would just turn the polish gummy so I stick with the topcoat. :)

Even with cutting dry time I still treat my nails gingerly until I'm positive it's strong enough to avoid smudging. There's nothing as disappointing as smudging a fresh paint job.

Surprise, surprise. More red. I've started to work through the bottles that have only a little left. Maybe once I'm done with them, I'll be brave and buy something that isn't red.

Rusty red. Now holding a different tea mug!

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise, surprise. More red. I've started to work through the bottles that have only a little left. Maybe once I'm done with them, I'll be brave and buy something that isn't red.

Rusty red. Now holding a different tea mug!
I like the warm rusty reds like this one. Seems perfect for autumn.
I don't think I have ever bought a red nail varnish, but I might be wrong. I used to get given those Christmas gift packs of makeup ( which I don't like much) and they usually have a red in them, a couple of which I still have, some I have given to friends. Often they are also in cosmetic company treat bags, or other gift bags.

I just have a quick look, and these are those I have. a couple are a scandalous age.:eek:

I also noticed I have three dark purples almost the same colour and I cannot remember when I last wore any of them. :(

Red seems a really popular color in makeup gift sets. Red is such a hard color to wear, too. Too blue or too orange. It's a color that looks really good when done right, and really bad when the shade is all wrong. This is mostly for lipstick. Nail polish is more forgiving I think.

I like the variety of reds that you have. It's interesting how they're all the "same" but different. I have lots of colors that are almost identical but one has glitter, or there's a different undertone or they're just a shade or two lighter or darker.

Back