The Nail Thread

When I painted my toenails last time, I thought I’d go with pink for Valentine’s, so I went with essence’s Did you mist me and topped it with Essie’s Hello World.
It turns out that the geyish, silvery pink in combination with wintery feet, makes for a very frostbitten look, so I think I’ll change it up already.
Ahaha! I so get this. 😁

My toes are sparkly, slightly purple pink and it’s not the most flattering look on me either. 😬 Frostbitten is a good way to describe it. But I wanted something a little festive and valentine-y and didn’t think it through… Should have stuck with what I know will work. Oh well, I’ll survive. It’s not like anyone will be looking at them anyway.

Ahaha! I so get this. 😁

My toes are sparkly, slightly purple pink and it’s not the most flattering look on me either. 😬 Frostbitten is a good way to describe it. But I wanted something a little festive and valentine-y and didn’t think it through… Should have stuck with what I know will work. Oh well, I’ll survive. It’s not like anyone will be looking at them anyway.

I went with OPI Russian Navy.
The name feels unfortunate in this day and age, but I wanted to reach for it a few times already and hey, why not celebrate @BiBunny ’s win.

Pardon my extremely dry hand…

I cut my nails pretty short and did this green thing again. I’m liking it. I wish I had the patience to layer multiple colors more often.

And I bought a yellow rug for the kitchen floor! It’ll probably get dirty the first time I make beet soup but whatever. I needed some actual color there finally.

Attachments

• EE08CB0E-E9EB-4119-892F-303B690FF180.jpeg
    EE08CB0E-E9EB-4119-892F-303B690FF180.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12
I love the heck out of nail art and I am so glad that there's a thread for this! I actually have some kink-themed nail stamping plates. A few of my favorites are from Maniology. I should use them soon and take some pictures! Thank you all for sharing!
Nice to see new people wander in! I look forward to seeing your contributions. ☺️

J has started to call me Miss Sparkle Toe… maybe it’s time to move on from this sparkly toe theme I’ve had over the winter. 😁

Attachments

• B803CB11-C9E6-4704-B3D0-692BEAD3C99C.jpeg
    B803CB11-C9E6-4704-B3D0-692BEAD3C99C.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 21
Nothing special, I just wanted to revive this thread. Essie Nailed It and the sleeve of a cardigan that I can’t decide if I should wear it or not. Cold without it when it’s windy, a little too warm with it when it’s not windy, so I keep putting it on and taking it off depending on which street I’m walking on. Very inconvenient.

Anyways, nails! What are your favorite summer colors?

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpeg
    IMG_8140.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 13
My absolute go to is a light blush nude. Often with a light shimmer or sheer shimmer on top.
Ciaté Couture was my absolute favourite for a mannequin hands (or mostly feet in my case), but it has been discontinued 😱🥹, so I guard it like it is gold and I’m Smaug and ration it.
7E9268E8-5369-419C-83F2-FE3203885B13.jpeg

So right now it is essence Baby, I mist you with Essie hello world on top. It’s slightly too cool but it works reasonably well.
7A7A5CFE-CB1C-42DC-AC4F-196C902EADE6.jpeg

I also like Mavalas Nicosia. It’s a bit too far in the beige direction, but it works.
1B4D8777-6F6B-4C24-ABCE-50CE92F66456.jpeg

These match everything, so rather easy to deal with. Especially when travelling.

Sometimes i play with stickers or chrystals or do french tips in white or, some crazy colour…

I alternate with bronzy things like Ciaté Oil Slick
C0D1D704-6309-40B2-8ED0-8B9D5B55A40D.jpeg

or

OPI Unrepentantly Red
D3FE3C3D-6781-4ADE-8578-900FB1FC152F.jpeg

Still easy to match with most things.

And then later during the summer or for special occasions, I use my greens and blue/greens like Jade is the new black, Dive Bar and my beloved cool brown glittery Private Jet more again.

This year I think I might use a colour that oldest Miss Althea bought, if the bikini weather ever returns, because
OPI Medi-take it all in matches my amethyst purple bikini perfectly.D7036CCB-6738-457B-882D-19B7F6244B10.jpeg

This year I think I might use a colour that oldest Miss Althea bought, if the bikini weather ever returns, because
OPI Medi-take it all in matches my amethyst purple bikini perfectly.View attachment 2248309

This is almost exactly the color that's on my toes right now, except this leans a little more to the blue end of the purple spectrum and mine leans a little more to the pink end. Either way, it's a gorgeous color!

This is almost exactly the color that's on my toes right now, except this leans a little more to the blue end of the purple spectrum and mine leans a little more to the pink end. Either way, it's a gorgeous color!

Yeah, it’s perfect for my skin tone both wen I’m in ghost mode and when I’ve had some sun.
And I don’t think I’d have found it on my own in a million years, because it’s half way between the neutrals and the vampy whacko and I tend to stay in those two areas.

Yeah, it’s perfect for my skin tone both wen I’m in ghost mode and when I’ve had some sun.
And I don’t think I’d have found it on my own in a million years, because it’s half way between the neutrals and the vampy whacko and I tend to stay in those two areas.
That’s a good point about certain colors looking good in summer and some in winter. The purple is pretty! I always feel a little uncomfortable wearing blues and purples, but I’m working on it. ☺️

Red toes feel summery.

Attachments

• IMG_8169.jpeg
    IMG_8169.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 20
This is such a hot thread. I have such a thing for feet and nicely done fingernails. Very erotic!!!!

I’m so happy that I’ve managed to stop chewing my nails that I painted them a pale gold colour today. 😍😍
Ooh, pretty!

Mine are slowly growing out.
Sadly it seems that every time I get thoroghly engrossed in something and a nail isn’t absolutely smooth, I absentmindedly start evening it out and there I go again.
That’s why I mostly talk about polish colours for my toenails.

I’m so happy that I’ve managed to stop chewing my nails that I painted them a pale gold colour today. 😍😍
Super pretty! I have a pale gold like that, by Sinful Colors. It’s one of my all time favorites but I’m rationing it because I can’t buy SC nail polish here anymore (*sniff sniff*). Luckily it seems to hold okay.

Hmm. I might have to google if SC polishes are sold in Italy, Slovenia or Croatia.
Ooh, pretty!

Mine are slowly growing out.
Sadly it seems that every time I get thoroghly engrossed in something and a nail isn’t absolutely smooth, I absentmindedly start evening it out and there I go again.
That’s why I mostly talk about polish colours for my toenails.
I do the same when I’m not wearing nail polish. And when I am wearing nail polish, I use moments like that to make any possible chip the polish has as huge and ugly as possible… Toes are definitely easier in that regard. Nail polish on toes lasts ages and ages.

Thank you ladies.

I love painted toenails too and usually have a bright red or coral colour on them.

Enjoy your summers with plenty of time for pretty colours and minimal chores to undo your hard work 😂😂🥰

My toenails are a dark forest green.

I can't keep polish, even gel polish, on my fingernails for more than about a day and a half before it starts chipping. So I just have clear on them.

My toenails are a dark forest green.

I can't keep polish, even gel polish, on my fingernails for more than about a day and a half before it starts chipping. So I just have clear on them.

Haha, same.
I even tried having fake nails done. I managed to rip 3 of them off a couple of days later, by getting them caught when wringing out the chamois washing the car. 🙄

Haha, same.
I even tried having fake nails done. I managed to rip 3 of them off a couple of days later, by getting them caught when wringing out the chamois washing the car. 🙄

The couple of times I've had fake nails, I haven't ripped them off, believe it or not. But that absolutely sounds like something I would do, lol.

I have heard that if you have oily fingernails, that may be why you can't keep polish on. I wonder if that's true because I do have slightly oily skin and hair, so it would stand to reason that my nails might be as well.

The couple of times I've had fake nails, I haven't ripped them off, believe it or not. But that absolutely sounds like something I would do, lol.

I have heard that if you have oily fingernails, that may be why you can't keep polish on. I wonder if that's true because I do have slightly oily skin and hair, so it would stand to reason that my nails might be as well.

Yeah, I think that is part of it for me too. The other part being that I’m more on the Inspector Gadget end of the spectrum than the ladylike hand model side. 😂

The other part being that I’m more on the Inspector Gadget end of the spectrum than the ladylike hand model side. 😂
OMG yes, I can so identify with this in so many ways…

Currently blue that I fucked up with gloopy top coat dregs. It didn’t spread evenly and some parts got a very thick layer which then lead to bubbles and other issues.

Gotta buy new top coat, finally.

Attachments

• IMG_8241.jpeg
    IMG_8241.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 14
I tried gel polish twice this summer and I like how it lasts but hate how it’s so difficult to remove even when it starts chipping. I feel like my nails are thinner now too. I’ve tried a new brand and want to try some others. I want all of the colors though.

Back