The mystery of the statistics

Actually, I think this is a counterproductive attitude. I'm pretty sure I've benefited, overall, from having just one name and never using an alt. People who read my comments in this forum check out my stories. Some think they suck, sure, but on balance the feedback has been positive and there's no question in my mind that participation in this forum gets one's stories more exposure.
Exactly. Without Captain Doom, SimonDoom would be a mere shadow of a man.

And in my case, an alt would be futile - I'd die without coffee from a café.

In an ideal world, a community of family, friends and coworkers would provide support and validation of yourself as a worthy individual.

Stop right there, lol.

If you haven't figured out yet that nobody really lives in "an ideal world," there's no point discussing anything with you. Certainly not discussing anything about smut writing, nor about the kind of lifestyle represented here on lit.

Not all of life's milieus are created equally. In the "I've just graduated from college" milieu, I was pleased and flattered that my extended family drove 1,000 miles to see me walk. That amazed and humbled me, and it meant more than it would have coming from strangers. But in the "I've just won a smut contest" milieu? Yeah. No. I don't crave approval from that same family. It's not all the same thing.

The point is that it's a waste of breath to claim stories written if they aren't connected to the account you're posting the claims in. A waste of effort. Unless, of course, your accounts are cross-noted in profiles, as I do.
You really don’t get the point of anonymity, do you? In my case I don’t give a fuck about the ratings, the comments, the views etc etc etc so it’s fine for the stories to be attached to some anonymous userid. Not like all these other smut Jane Austens and Ernest Hemingways!

My comments on this thread have elicited way more responses than I have ever had on anything I have ever posted. It flabbergasts me that the “authors” of Literotica are so concerned about their worthiness that any insinuation that this worthiness is coming from a bunch of guys in trench coats jerking off is met with such fury. You just have to laugh about this. It’s beyond absurd. You suffer for your art!!!

My comments on this thread have elicited way more responses than I have ever had on anything I have ever posted. It flabbergasts me that the “authors” of Literotica are so concerned about their worthiness that any insinuation that this worthiness is coming from a bunch of guys in trench coats jerking off is met with such fury. You just have to laugh about this. It’s beyond absurd. You suffer for your art!!!

Huh?

Some of us are just fine with our stories being admired by a bunch of guys in trench coats jerking off. Quit generalizing.

Huh?

Some of us are just fine with our stories being admired by a bunch of guys in trench coats jerking off. Quit generalizing.

6eh.gif

Pop dat rocket!

Huh?

Who even wears a trench coat anymore?
I've been trying to get cloaks and capes back in style for a while now. No thanks to Edna Mode.

corvalo-dracula.gif

You really don’t get the point of anonymity, do you? In my case I don’t give a fuck about the ratings, the comments, the views etc etc etc so it’s fine for the stories to be attached to some anonymous userid. Not like all these other smut Jane Austens and Ernest Hemingways!
I get that anonymity doesn't let you have it both ways as you have tried to do--both being totally anonymous and having your writing credits claims accepted. I feel fortunate that, while probably not valuing the ratings here any more than you do--and having espoused that position here for decades longer than you have and on the basis of an actual story file to offer--I don't have to suffer the wounded baby attitude you display.

Huh?

Since I write GM spy stories, I certainly welcome the guys-in-trench-coats readers.

I had one buddy that started wearing a trench when we were about 15 or so. Absolutely going for the Sam Kinison vibe, because he usually wore the hat as well, and had that build and long hair. Last I knew, he was still rocking it.

You do you.

Since you're not prepared to put your money where your mouth is, why don't you just wander off and join all the other miserable sods who get off on denigrating writers.

Why are you even here, if we've got zero worth in your eyes? You're a superior being how, exactly?

Some people like masturbating alone more than having sex with other people. To each their own.
I can only speak for myself....
But I like both...
Although I am capable of multi tasking...
Not while I'm doing dishes though

Cagivagurl

Not directed at anyone in particular, but writing for yourself and wanting others to read what you have written are not mutually exclusive.

I have only once written for an audience (LW with Jacob’s Progress) and that was primarily to see if I could (seems I can).

I mostly write what I want to write. But I am of course delighted when others also like it, and deflated when they do not.

I can’t imagine that’s a unique POV.

Em

Looking at the numbers and wondering…how a story gets read? Is it when it is first published that it rockets into the sky…then after it is a new story it disappears into a sea of a million (?) stories..? Then it stays there …smouldering..til one lucky reader gets to read it?

And one other thing..we should vote and comment more! Don’t you think!
I am currently thirteen on the all time Lit commenters list. Every morning I hit the new story list under my favorite genres. Then I go to my control panel to possibly pick up a story from one of my favorite authors who may not generally publish within my favorite genres. Then, and this may answer one of your unasked questions, I go to the Feedback portal, and THAT is where I may find a story you wrote several years ago that I may have missed, but someone else may have found, and commented on. If the title interests me, I will read it, and if I like it, comment, and it goes back to the top of the Feedback portal. If I really liked it, I may make several comments, kicking it back up to the top of the list

Your stories are never lost They just need to be rediscovered

I am currently thirteen on the all time Lit commenters list. Every morning I hit the new story list under my favorite genres. Then I go to my control panel to possibly pick up a story from one of my favorite authors who may not generally publish within my favorite genres. Then, and this may answer one of your unasked questions, I go to the Feedback portal, and THAT is where I may find a story you wrote several years ago that I may have missed, but someone else may have found, and commented on. If the title interests me, I will read it, and if I like it, comment, and it goes back to the top of the Feedback portal. If I really liked it, I may make several comments, kicking it back up to the top of the list

Where can that list be found?

Interesting. Thanks and Congrats

Your stories are never lost They just need to be rediscovered.
Thanks. Feel free to comment on our stories:)

Back