Anticipation of your first story coming out

Just so you know, stories only go live every 24 hours. Each batch of approved stories goes live all at once at 12:30am eastern US time, although that might be 1:30am now with daylight savings just kicking in, not sure. So if you refresh constantly, you won't see your story suddenly published until that time. Although if the pending status changes (which can happen at any time of the day as far as I know) and tomorrow's date is added, then that means that it is approved and that it will go live on the next batch. That is always how it has worked for me at least.

I have eight submissions. One of them took five days to go through. One went straight through in less than 24 hours. The other six (including the first one) took two days.

Ashley, congrats on your first story and yes, the anticipation is quite normal, whether it's your first or your fiftieth. Be as patient as you can and try not to worry too much about feedback or scores. Starting your next story (or next twelve or even twenty stories) and moving forward with it is often a good way to get your mind off of it for at least a little while.

Back