"THE LUST CYCLE" | TEASER/BASIC IDEA DISCUSSION

JC_WELLS

Adult Fantasy Writer
So, I am working on a supernatural/fantasy/dystopian series called The Lust Cycle, I wanted to start a discussion about it plus hare this teaser. Anyone have any questions or feedback, shoot! Can't promise I'll change/listen to them as I have my vision, but go ahead and chat, question, and critique away.​

Get ready for The Lust Cycle! Welcome to the world of Vamgar. A land where vampires are the ruling class along with the other three races: mages, shifters, and the fae. While these four races live lives of power, money, and equality, humans are low, treated as dirt and servants, sometimes even as slaves. However, only two forms of slavery exists: blood slavery and sexual slavery. And not all humans are slaves, some are free, but still work under the Four Races.

While sexual slavery can be forced, it is mostly done by self-indenture. This is done mainly for money, protection, or to take the place of another. Blood slavery is a lifelong contract and is often forced. Sometimes though one will volunteer for another.

• Blood slaves are used primarily by vampires and are responsible for offering their own blood to their Masters/Mistresses to feed. They can be male or female, depending on their owners preference. A contract may be formed, whether it's willingly or not depend, but it almost always ends with death of the slave.
  • Sexual Slaves or BabyDolls are used by any of The Four Races, mainly by men and the slaves are mainly women. But, female masters and male slaves do exist, as do same sex pairings. BabyDolls always include a contract, these will have a pricing, rules, expectations, limits, and a release date as well as may more aspects. While all slaves have little to no rights, BabyDolls are more likely to be cherished.
Meet Desiree Kane, a 20-year-old human girl who is still a virgin, she along with her 21-year-old best friend Scarlett Wilde, have decided to wait for their wedding nights to give themselves to a man. But, when their parents loose everything, Desiree's little sister get gravely ill, and Scarlett's father dies, these two friends are willing to do anything to make sure what's left of their families remain safe and be taken care of.

With very little options, the two decide to turn to becoming BabyDolls. Entering a BabyDoll Agency, they are quickly trained and placed in a Doll Shop. Where they meet Prince Lukas Chase and his brother Prince Drake. The two princes are enamored as are Scarlett and Desiree. Two contract are made that. Both for money

But they have plans for their BabyDolls that the girls probably won't like. The Lust Cycle, a time where The Four Races are consumed with the need for pleasure, whether it's derived from pain or pleasure itself. And it's the whole reason for these two princes to want BabyDolls in the first place.

Luckily The Lust Cycle only lasts three years, now they just have to survive their contracts with two sadistic vampire princes...

If you liked the sound of that, then you'll want to stick around. The Lust Cycle is a series that takes place in a supernatural fantasy world and takes you on an erotic adventure within it. Sounds like your cup of tea? Well, it's coming soon to Literotica and FetLife.

Last edited:
Can I make some suggestions? Well clearly I can. What I probably mean is. Can I make some suggestions without you totally ignoring them and then being rude to people who are trying to help?

1. Why would anyone want to discuss your idea? What is compelling about it?
  2. We all write. We all have good ideas (or at least they seem so to us). Very few people seem to announce them and demand discussion.
  3. What have you done to add something to the Authors’ Hangout? Maybe good to do that before launching your advertisement.
  4. What have you done to engage with members, beyond talking about your own work?
Now there is nothing wrong with self-publicizing. We all do it. I do it. But it’s different doing that with people you kinda know and have chatted to, than just speculatively throwing something out there.

I think you have got a bit over your skis.

Feedback intended constructively.

Em

Can I make some suggestions? Well clearly I can. What I probably mean is. Can I make some suggestions without you totally ignoring them and then being rude to people who are trying to help?

1. Why would anyone want to discuss your idea? What is compelling about it?
  2. We all write. We all have good ideas (or at least they seem so to us). Very few people seem to announce them and demand discussion.
  3. What have you done to add something to the Authors’ Hangout? Maybe good to do that before launching your advertisement.
  4. What have you done to engage with members, beyond talking about your own work?
Now there is nothing wrong with self-publicizing. We all do it. I do it. But it’s different doing that with people you kinda know and have chatted to, than just speculatively throwing something out there.

I think you have got a bit over your skis.

Feedback intended constructively.

Em
I'm sorry? I asked if there was a place to post this and was told this was an okay place. I didn't mean to sound like I was demanding, I was trying to share my idea/teaser and see if others wanted to discuss or ask questions about it. Sorry, like I said I was told that I could post this here

I also didn't mean to sound like I was being rude to those who wanted to suggest or critique, I was just saying that I might not do whatever suggestions cause it might not be what I'm aiming for. This site is honestly making feel like I'm back on quotev... Anyways I'm sorry

There is the Story Ideas forum for discussing stories that aren't yet written.

The story as you've described it isn't at all interesting to me. Could be a great story for people who are into it.

Now, can you stop being so needy?

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was one and I didn't mean to sound needy. Like I said I was told I could post this here for this purpose and so I id. Like I said, sorry. If I could delete this I would.

It's difficult to get other people to discuss your stories. You don't think we'd all love&hate that?

Once you've published any of it, you can ask for critiques in the Story Feedback forum. Not sure Story Ideas would be helpful at all.

If there's something about your story that's interesting specifically to authors, then you'll need to seduce us into paying attention...

I was confused about that forum as it said "an idea you want to see" in the description and thought it was for suggesting ideas to others. Sorry about posting this.

It's difficult to get other people to discuss your stories. You don't think we'd all love&hate that?

Once you've published any of it, you can ask for critiques in the Story Feedback forum. Not sure Story Ideas would be helpful at all.

If there's something about your story that's interesting specifically to authors, then you'll need to seduce us into paying attention...
Sorry, I'm used to writing on a site called Quotev and there usually people will discuss stories and such with others when they ask so I thought I'd try it here. Sorry if I offended you.

I didn't mean to cause a fuss, like I said I asked and was told I could post this here and I'm used to people chatting with others about stories and ideas for stories all the time. Really sorry if I made anyone upset or mad

You might get a better response in Story Feedback or Story Discussion Circle forum.

Nothing wrong with posting it here either, IMO.

But no need to multiple bump your post.

This forum isn't Facebook or Twitter, so don't expect instant feedback.

If people wanna discuss it, they will.

You might get a better response in Story Feedback or Story Discussion Circle forum.

Nothing wrong with posting it here either, IMO.

But no need to multiple bump your post.

This forum isn't Facebook or Twitter, so don't expect instant feedback.

If people wanna discuss it, they will.
How many times is a bump appropriate here? The site I'm used to doesn't really care about how many bumps we do so I don't really have an inkling

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was one and I didn't mean to sound needy. Like I said I was told I could post this here for this purpose and so I id. Like I said, sorry. If I could delete this I would.

I actually rather like your idea, I think it could be quite well received among the Inhuman or Sci-Fi/Fantasy crowd. It would definitely catch my interest, but not everyone here will feel much the same, I think a larger majority focus on realism and “slice-of-life” style stories… not everyone but quite a few writers here keep things on an even, less fantasy-based keel.

We don’t really bump threads on the AH forum, discussion comes naturally among ourselves. Most of the time broad placed discussions find attention on their own.

If you’d like to seek a bit more discussion for your story idea, you can tag and request the AH_Mod to transfer it over to Story Ideas. Patience is a virtue when looking for feedback here on the forums, especially when posting among other writers. There’s nothing but busy adults abound on this site, most of us have projects we’re working on or are busy out in the real world in various different timezones.

I actually rather like your idea, I think it could be quite well received among the Inhuman or Sci-Fi/Fantasy crowd. It would definitely catch my interest, but not everyone here will feel much the same, I think a larger majority focus on realism and “slice-of-life” style stories… not everyone but quite a few writers here keep things on an even, less fantasy-based keel.

We don’t really bump threads on the AH forum, discussion comes naturally among ourselves. Most of the time broad placed discussions find attention on their own.

If you’d like to seek a bit more discussion for your story idea, you can tag and request the AH_Mod to transfer it over to Story Ideas. Patience is a virtue when looking for feedback here on the forums, especially when posting among other writers. There’s nothing but busy adults abound on this site, most of us have projects we’re working on or are busy out in the real world in various different timezones.
Thanks, sorry for posting it here and bumping. I posted it to the story discussion circle, was that okay? Can I ask for this particular thread to be deleted?

I'm trying to, that's why I'm asking questions and trying to figure out how this site works.
I’m sure you hate me. But please try to just read this neutrally.

If you are trying, it’s not working. Try something else.

At the moment you are coming across like me in Paris saying, in my country we all speak English. Why don’t you speak English.

You aren’t in your county.

Em

Thanks, sorry for posting it here and bumping. I posted it to the story discussion circle, was that okay? Can I ask for this particular thread to be deleted?

It’s no problem, it seems you’re just getting into the swing of things here. But yeah, bumping anything to the top like other forums doesn’t guarantee anyone’s going to look or engage… it’s just a waiting game, especially if it’s specifically focused on an idea or a published piece.

@AH_Mod Should be able to help you close out this thread.

It’s no problem, it seems you’re just getting into the swing of things here. But yeah, bumping anything to the top like other forums doesn’t guarantee anyone’s going to look or engage… it’s just a waiting game, especially if it’s specifically focused on an idea or a published piece.

@AH_Mod Should be able to help you close out this thread.
Okay, thanks for being so nice about this. I really have no idea what I'm doing here as I'm still new

I’m sure you hate me. But please try to just read this neutrally.

If you are trying, it’s not working. Try something else.

At the moment you are coming across like me in Paris saying, in my country we all speak English. Why don’t you speak English.

You aren’t in your county.

Em
Please don't be rude to me. I am new to this and I don't know how else to try to adapt without asking question. I am trying

How many times is a bump appropriate here? The site I'm used to doesn't really care about how many bumps we do so I don't really have an inkling

Did your post drop off the first page in between bumps?

If not, you bumped it too often.

Look, not trying to be rude.

You're new here. I was new too, once. So I get it.

It's just we tend to see a lot of self serving posts here. People come in with an agenda but don't contribute otherwise.

Hang out, learn how the forum works.

Get to know some of us. Check out other threads and topics, contribute to them as well.

The people interested in your story will find your thread and contribute as well.

Patience. 😀

Back