"THE LUST CYCLE" | TEASER/BASIC IDEA DISCUSSION

Did your post drop off the first page in between bumps?

If not, you bumped it too often.

Look, not trying to be rude.

You're new here. I was new too, once. So I get it.

It's just we tend to see a lot of self serving posts here. People come in with an agenda but don't contribute otherwise.

Hang out, learn how the forum works.

Get to know some of us. Check out other threads and topics, contribute to them as well.

The people interested in your story will find your thread and contribute as well.

Patience. 😀
Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when posting. I'll try to interact with others too.

Okay, thanks for being so nice about this. I really have no idea what I'm doing here as I'm still new

No problem, love. Welcome to the site. Take a bit of time and peruse some threads here… lurk around in the background, take your time to reach out and engage. It’ll give you a better idea of what to expect and how we like to vibe here in AH.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be rude. Please stop. Just please

If ever you’re engaging with another member in a less than favorable way, you can click their screen name and hit ignore. I never understood the hazing behavior toward non-confrontational newcomers… sometimes writers who’ve been here for a while will post thirst adverts for female author interaction, but this isn’t the case. So I apologize if you’ve been rubbed the wrong way. The AH draws all types.

Best of luck with your writing endeavors.

Yes, and next time, try starting threads like, "Has sexual slavery been done to death on Literotica? Or is there still scope for novelty - and do readers even care about originality?"

Or: "What about vampires?"

If ever you’re engaging with another member in a less than favorable way, you can click their screen name and hit ignore. I never understood the hazing behavior toward non-confrontational newcomers… sometimes writers who’ve been here for a while will post thirst adverts for female author interaction, but this isn’t the case. So I apologize if you’ve been rubbed the wrong way. The AH draws all types.

Best of luck with your writing endeavors.
Just followed your sage advice. Thanks for the tip.

Em

Returning to your original request for a moment...

There are millions of Literotica readers, and in that crowd someplace there are readers who will like your story. But first, you have to write your story. The very often-repeated advice given here when people question themselves is "just write it."

On the other hand, if you were more interested in talking about the story rather than writing it, you might find it hard to find an engaged crowd. This forum is mostly for writers, not readers.

Good luck with your story. I'm sure you can get past your slightly rough start here--especially if Em lets up on you.

I didn't mean to cause a fuss, like I said I asked and was told I could post this here and I'm used to people chatting with others about stories and ideas for stories all the time. Really sorry if I made anyone upset or mad
There's no need to close a thread. A thread is a conversation. It twists and turns and does whatever, oftentimes for months after it served its original purpose. I think you annoyed one person by announcing you would ignore what people were saying in response to something you asked. You are welcome to ignore any advice or response, of course, but imagine saying that to people face to face, don't you think it might annoy some? You can just do it without announcing it.

No need for bumps, sometimes a reply will bring up a thread that has been dormant for months. A reply is most engaging when it has new content.

No hard feelings. No one hates you. At most I think maybe one is a little annoyed with you. It will pass.

I wasn't trying to be rude. Please stop. Just please
Please don't take @EmilyMiller 's words too seriously. Anyone who has been around this forum for more than 5 minutes knows that she hates the idea that you posted, and that's okay! (She has every right to hate anything she wants)

You didn't do anything wrong by bumping, but it isn't really something that we do here. You just got here, so of course you're going to use your experience from other sites and hope that it carries over. On this case, it didn't, but you apologized before hand, so you're cool by me.

Also, the quote about not changing clearly seemed to some to be conceited, although I don't feel that it was intended that way.

Otherwise, welcome.

I think the premise sounds okay, perhaps for erotic horror, non-human, or even noncon...

However, I would like to point out that the Author's hang out is for Authors, and we have trouble getting excited about stories that we can't read yet... Hell, we have millions of those floating around in our heads as it is.

Please don't take @EmilyMiller 's words too seriously. Anyone who has been around this forum for more than 5 minutes knows that she hates the idea that you posted, and that's okay!

You didn't do anything wrong by bumping, but it isn't really something that we do here. You just got here, so of course you're going to use your experience from other sites and hope that it carries over. On this case, it didn't, but you apologized before hand, so you're cool by me.

Also, the quote about not changing clearly seemed to some to be conceited, although I don't feel that it was intended that way.

Otherwise, welcome.

I think the premise sounds okay, perhaps for erotic horror, non-human, or even noncon...

However, I would like to point out that the Author's hang out is for Authors, and we have trouble getting excited about stories that we can't read yet... Hell, we have millions of those floating around in our heads as it is.
To be clear I was referring to the other thread where she (checked your bio now, sorry!) said, after some answers came in, that she would ignore further replies.

Last edited:
OP, if you want constructive feedback on your baby, my suggestion is write it. Post it. Then ask for constructive criticism in the story feedback forum. I think you'll find that there are a bunch of wonderful people there, readers and writers both that will give you very thoughtful and honest feedback. But write the story first!

Good luck, have fun! ✌️

To be clear I was referring to the other thread where he(?) said, after some answers came in, that he would ignore further replies.
Oh! I didn't see that one. Okay, perhaps I'm speaking from ignorance. I apologize

To be clear I was referring to the other thread where he(?) said, after some answers came in, that he would ignore further replies.
I'm a she. The only reason I was ignoring other comments was because I had gotten my answer and many others weren't really answering the question I was asking. (I was asking if it was allowed mod/admin/site rule wise to post a non narrative as a chapter (or book as I guess they are also known as here.) Others were telling me that I shouldn't do that, but not because of site problems admin/mod rules. Which I felt wasn't relevant to my question and wasn't what I was asking). I can see how that seems rude, but I didn't mean for it to be

I'm a she. The only reason I was ignoring other comments was because I had gotten my answer and many others weren't really answering the question I was asking. (I was asking if it was allowed mod/admin/site rule wise to post a non narrative as a chapter (or book as I guess they are also known as here.) Others were telling me that I shouldn't do that, but not because of site problems admin/mod rules. Which I felt wasn't relevant to my question and wasn't what I was asking). I can see how that seems rude, but I didn't mean for it to be
I get it. And I just saw your bio and edited my post to correct your gender, alas a few seconds too late. Just think of a thread as more like a conversation, it goes where it wants. Btw I didn't jump in there before but if you post an appendix type chapter, I would recommend putting it in the essays category and call it something like "series name: appendices". I personally would recommend against ch. 0, it's better at the end or off to the side than first thing I think. Like LOTR, like some others said. Interestingly, something like that has been done before.

I'm not going to pile on, OP; you're getting a crash course in how the AH operates. We're very organic here. We tend not to stay overly focused on specific questions. You found out in your last thread, which I thought raised some interesting questions and issues AFTER your concern was addressed. We leave threads open here and let them drift.

Same thing is happening here, but you know now that it's a little unusual for a thread like this to be posted here. I didn't reply to it because your proposed plot doesn't really hold any interest for me, but here's the thing: EVERYTHING finds a following here.

I'd echo what others have said. Write it, put it out there, and see what people think about the finished product. It's how the site has evolved, for better or worse.

Good luck. Stick around and participate in the thread drifts! It's fun if it's about something you're into.

You might get a better response in Story Feedback or Story Discussion Circle forum.

Nothing wrong with posting it here either, IMO.

But no need to multiple bump your post.

This forum isn't Facebook or Twitter, so don't expect instant feedback.

If people wanna discuss it, they will.
@JC_WELLS

Forum old timer here (been there, done that, seen this before) - the best place to get reader input (which might still be limited, don't expect too much) is in Story Ideas. That forum is mostly, "Gee wouldn't it be great if someone wrote xxx", but occasionally you see a discussion get going. Not often.

Story Feedback is once a story is published, so not applicable.

Story Discussion Circle is pretty much a deadwater forum, I've not seen anything get much traction there.

As you've discovered, the AH is full of writers, you're not going to get a great deal of interest here - you might get some, but not much. Ask about the technical stuff, sure, but we've got plenty ideas of our own, and a "story idea discussion" is rare.

The best advice you're going to get is, "Write your story. Don't write by committee, just write your vision". It's your world, write it.

Get it published, then seek your feedback.

Don't bump, don't apologise more than once, check the dynamics by sampling a few threads, learn who the personalities are, and don't think this place works like other places do. The AH is a vibrant forum with lots of different views, writing experience levels, a bunch of diverse personalities with a whole lot of different life experiences. A new writer here on Lit can learn a lot, or nothing at all. That's down to you.

But first, write your story. Don't workshop it first, that rarely, if ever, happens.

On the other thread, which some people commenting here have clearly never read, you were rude to people being kind and welcoming to you. People going out of their way to try to help you. People being friendly.

Em

I read the other thread... and I didn't see any point in which the OP was blatantly rude, perhaps a bit short in her response toward answers that weren't direct to her question, but not rude. Authors are entitled to run their work however they see fit. When asking a question, they don't have to accept other people's opinions, and honestly if you aren't invested in their work that shouldn't matter to you.

I don't however hold anything that anyone on this forum says against them, I've come to realize there are quite a few hecklers here and people who thrive in negativity, or who enjoy making fun at the expense of others. It's cute sometimes. Other times, it's obnoxious. Anyone being unnecessarily aggressive to someone who has only been here barely two weeks in any capacity leads me to assume that person is just a straight forward asshole. What have you got to gain to continue antagonizing someone who isn't familiar with the site or forum, who apologized repeatedly, and is just trying to find their way around?

The expected mature reaction on an adult forum is to pass up anything or anyone you don't like, and don't continue engaging someone in a rude fashion, who's clearly apologized several times after they've stated they haven't intended to be rude. But I realize that might be asking too much of some people here.

Do you have the ~ first 500 words written? You'll need to introduce your story world and some characters. If you post the first few paragraphs and ask 'Does this work as an opening?', I'm sure you'll receive all sorts of advice.

Do you have the ~ first 500 words written? You'll need to introduce your story world and some characters. If you post the first few paragraphs and ask 'Does this work as an opening?', I'm sure you'll receive all sorts of advice.

Forum rules don't allow posting more than a paragraph or two--or has that changed? I was a little surprised that the moderator let the OP stand.

Forum rules don't allow posting more than a paragraph or two--or has that changed? I was a little surprised that the moderator let the OP stand.
The overarching rule of the site is 'Whatever you can get away with', and you can get away with quite a lot.

Back