Which well-known books/tales are deserving of an erotic makeover?

Many of the Sherlock Holmes stories could be massaged erotically to fine enjoyments. I tried (unsuccessfully) to do a Wodehouse riff once, but one author here has done an outstanding job: Oh, Jeeves!

Yes, thanks for the link. Not bad at all - enjoyable in parts... but the author falls into the common trap of PGW imitators, namely trying to be more Wodehousian than Wodehouse. Along with Faulks and others, there is an attempt to cram into every line and syllable references to the canon of J&W work and Wodehouse-style upper class edwardian lingo.

I can understand this completely - that canon is so enjoyable and has enriched so many lives with its ability to transport to a different and yet recognisable comedic world. The intensity of what I might call the "fawning" is nevertheless off-putting to those who know the original. I don't know whether it's born of an incurable wish to show off or a kind of desperation to convince but, honestly, this would definitely be a case where less might well be more. I suspect Plum himself would be wanting to apply the brake!

I know what you mean about this bandwagon imitation business. Recently read an Agatha Christie Poirot take off by a modern woman author. I say "read" but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. The author was far more interested in strutting her Christie-lookalike authorship than in composing an enjoyable and entertaining read. Dull as ditchwater.

Watching the 1978 film, the Great Train Robbery. An erotic version of this could be fun.

This is too new to be classic, but I really wish the Star Wars Universe had a version where Luke and Leia realize:
1. They're in love.
2. They don't care that they are twins, in fact, it increases their passion.
3. The only way of defeating the evil is to have an heir that is the result of their mating, who is incredibly powerful and can wipe out Darth Vader and the emperor easily.

Also, if King Arthur stories had Lancelot, Arthur, and Guenevere forming an official MFM triad instead of it bringing the kingdom down.

To the extent it's not already, Dune could definitely work. A core part of its universe is literally a sisterhood going around and fucking people so they can having a breeding program to bring about a messiah. Add in potential seductions for political benefit, and a could-be messiah with a literal army of followers and you could have a harem situation there.

To the extent it's not already, Dune could definitely work. A core part of its universe is literally a sisterhood going around and fucking people so they can having a breeding program to bring about a messiah. Add in potential seductions for political benefit, and a could-be messiah with a literal army of followers and you could have a harem situation there.
It's get even better in Children or Messiah of Dune, when Alia "possessed" by baron Harkonnen fucks multiple people.

How about Lord of the Flies? Add a few more dimensions to the power dynamics..

If you'd have any ideas for it, you may send me - I want lewd Dragon Age characters badly, but have surprisingly few concrete ideas.
So I see your a Morrigan fan? Looks like you have Leliana, Alistair, Morrigan, male Cousland.
What about the two pervs of Dragon Age, Zevran and Isabela?

Just thinking more on this. It's covered that mass spice usage has side effects such as turning eyes blue and in extreme cases body mutations, so what if another one is that it also increases libido? Added with the other suggestions it could lead to mass sexy times.

Though a stumbling block I just realised is that in the first book Paul is 15-17 years old, which is a big no no on Lit - and you can't just age the characters up.

Last edited:
How about Lord of the Flies? Add a few more dimensions to the power dynamics..

That's an interesting idea. You could easily turn it into a Gay Male extravaganza. Otherwise, you would have to make it a coed excursion to get some opposite sex coupling possible. In either case, the feral sex could be awesome.

I second that... motion.

I think a reverse "Christmas Carol" might be quite fun, with the various ghosts showing a benevolent and charitable Scrooge the error of his well-meaning ways.

If it wasn't for the rules against aging up young characters, the Hardy Boys mysteries would be perfect. Those boys would be very busy in the Mystery of the Cougar in the Red Dress.

If it wasn't for the rules against aging up young characters, the Hardy Boys mysteries would be perfect. Those boys would be very busy in the Mystery of the Cougar in the Red Dress.

Right. This is genuinely a bit weird. I fail to see the risk or danger posed by portraying people in later life. Anyone explain this to me... if they can..? Perhaps I'm being dense.

Sadly there is a rule here that you can't age-up characters that were children in the source material. This makes me sad because I would be neck-deep in a Peter Pan saga!
What if it was an original creation like Rickey Rouse and Monald Muck?

Right. This is genuinely a bit weird. I fail to see the risk or danger posed by portraying people in later life. Anyone explain this to me... if they can..? Perhaps I'm being dense.

It IS strange. Especially when you consider that there are plenty of instances of children's fairy tale-type stories being lampooned and parodied with an adult "take" in other genres - stage and screen come to mind.

The Christmas panto tradition here in the UK is often put on as delivering two takes in the same performance, the ostensible one for the kiddies and a bawdier layer below the surface for their accompanying parents.

I'd guess the esteemed owners here are taking the line that overkill is preferable to underkill.

War and Peace - if anyone has watched the recent TV adaptation in which Calum Turner as Anatole pursues Lily James as Natasha into a wardrobe and attempts to seduce her, to put it politely, the erotic makeover simply proceeds to the inevitable. Not to mention the same Anatole and his sister Helene who are clearly in an incestuous relationship - again, in the erotic makeover lets see them fuck.

Back