The Left Seems Ready To Concede The War On Guns

Using the rising number of school shootings as a metric, I'd have to agree.

Also, have you noticed teh number of "stand your ground" victories on your side of late?
Non-white person ring your doorbell? Stand your ground!
Car full of teenagers using your driveway to turn around? Stand your ground!
Teh best one though was right here in Houston last week: cut me off in traffic? Pew Pew I shoot your daughter! What the fuck? You return fire and hit MY daughter?

Using your own kids as meat shields seems to be teh new thing.
Stop with the pearl clutching fantasies.

You want to see a moron? Go look in the mirror.

Guns are NOT going away anytime soon so perhaps you'd better find another way to address the issue. The very right leaning court that the woke left is complaining about is the very court that is most likely to dismantle past decisions that have prevented the mentally ill from being put away for extensive treatment. When those decisions are dismantled then you will see monies being funneled into the mental health institutions. The reason the monies are not being spent now is because you cannot force those people into treatment. It's roughly equivalent to continuing to spend money to keep a store open that has no customers.

And then there's the rampant crime in the big cities that the bleeding heart DA's don't seem to want to address.
Because in big Democrat cities, only criminals can have guns, law-abiding citizens are not allowed to protect themselves with firearms in public and those who can have to jump through hoops, wait months on end, and kick out large sums of money for licenses and training in order to exercise what is a constitutional right carved in legal stone. The DOJ Civil Rights Division should initiate civil rights prosecutions for Democrat leaders who endeavor to violate the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens. Anyone committing a felony with a firearm should do a mandatory 10-year sentence as an enhancement to that of the crime they committed.

Guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

So why do idiots keep insisting that guns are given to the problem?

Guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

So why do idiots keep insisting that guns are given to the problem?
Finally, something sane emerges.

As we see in Chicago and in every other lawless place, people with evil hearts will always do evil things. They can only be stopped by better more law-abiding people with the means to defend themselves and their communities from those who would prey upon them. It's a timeless problem as old as Man himself.

As we see in Chicago and in every other lawless place, people with evil hearts will always do evil things. They can only be stopped by better more law-abiding people with the means to defend themselves and their communities from those who would prey upon them. It's a timeless problem as old as Man himself.
Andrew Lester lived in Tennessee, a lawless place much worse than Chicago and that's why he shot Ralph Yarl through the window in his door, then opened the door and shot him again.

He was so distraught he didn't call an ambulance but told Yarl not to come back.
It's a timeless problem as old as the fools that think that everyone having guns means that nobody will get shot.

Yes, there will be guns in Chicago as long as it remains easy to buy them in Indiana.

Anyone committing a felony with a firearm should do a mandatory 10-year sentence as an enhancement to that of the crime they committed.

Wow, even you can come up with a good idea from time to time. Is that one of the few GOP approved compromises?

Because in big Democrat cities, only criminals can have guns, law-abiding citizens are not allowed to protect themselves with firearms in public and those who can have to jump through hoops, wait months on end, and kick out large sums of money for licenses and training in order to exercise what is a constitutional right carved in legal stone. The DOJ Civil Rights Division should initiate civil rights prosecutions for Democrat leaders who endeavor to violate the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens. Anyone committing a felony with a firearm should do a mandatory 10-year sentence as an enhancement to that of the crime they committed.
Well RG, many states and the Federal Gov't already have 'enhanced sentencing' for those that use a firearm in the commission of a felony as well as for convicted felons in possession of an firearm. Many of these laws date back to the 1980's and they all sounded good when presented to the public and passed. In many states the NRA was behind the passage of these laws.

Then the bargaining began. In many cases, way too many cases, the firearms charge(s) were plea bargained away in return for a guilty plea on the associated offense. And that's where we stand today. If the charge never makes it to the courtroom the sentence is never applied.

You want to see a moron? Go look in the mirror.

Guns are NOT going away anytime soon so perhaps you'd better find another way to address the issue. The very right leaning court that the woke left is complaining about is the very court that is most likely to dismantle past decisions that have prevented the mentally ill from being put away for extensive treatment. When those decisions are dismantled then you will see monies being funneled into the mental health institutions. The reason the monies are not being spent now is because you cannot force those people into treatment. It's roughly equivalent to continuing to spend money to keep a store open that has no customers.

And then there's the rampant crime in the big cities that the bleeding heart DA's don't seem to want to address.

There isn't rampant crime in America period. I swear people are dumb as shit. The court is right leaning because our government is so fucked up that there are no actual rules to manythings.

I don't think the left is turning away from the gun debate. Else there wouldn't have been protests in the Tennessee statehouse led by those two state senators that got expelled for leading the protests and that's in a deep red state.

I think a lot of those on the left are just feeling frustrated by the unending and unchanging nature of this political impasse.

I've gotten to the point where I'm like: "OK to get something done (Even though it's ridiculous) let's regulate doors now. Since you won't even consider regulating the one common element to all of these shootings: how easy it was for these poor broken souls to legally acquire their firearms. So doors it is. Let's do it. You guys are in charge of the house now. Put something on the floor to vote on. about fucking ridiculous doors."

I'm even warming up to the idea giving guns to teachers and expecting them to do a live action rendition of a Diehard movie when a school shooting happens in their school. As ridiculous as that sounds: you've made it the only avenue to do something, anything, to stop yet another Columbine, or Parkland, or Sandy Hook, or Covenant school from happening again.

Well RG, many states and the Federal Gov't already have 'enhanced sentencing' for those that use a firearm in the commission of a felony as well as for convicted felons in possession of an firearm. Many of these laws date back to the 1980's and they all sounded good when presented to the public and passed. In many states the NRA was behind the passage of these laws.

Then the bargaining began. In many cases, way too many cases, the firearms charge(s) were plea bargained away in return for a guilty plea on the associated offense. And that's where we stand today. If the charge never makes it to the courtroom the sentence is never applied.
You're absolutely correct. That's why I mentioned a "mandatory" enhancement. We need one that ties the hands of Soros funded DAs and liberal Judges.;)

There isn't rampant crime in America period. I swear people are dumb as shit. The court is right leaning because our government is so fucked up that there are no actual rules to manythings.
^^^
Somebody put a bottle on the stove so he can go back to sleep and dream of the utopia he wanders in.

The very right leaning court that the woke left is complaining about is the very court that is most likely to dismantle past decisions that have prevented the mentally ill from being put away for extensive treatment.
So you’re in favor of bringing back state run psychiatric hospitals that locked people into chemical prisons and more? Read up on Frances Farmer

When those decisions are dismantled then you will see monies being funneled into the mental health institutions.
By and from whom?

The reason the monies are not being spent now is because you cannot force those people into treatment.
Those people. Watch out now.

But you can’t force people into treatment for good reasons. Plus, insurance doesn’t want to pay for long term psychiatric hospitalizations like they did 40 years ago, and most people can’t afford resort treatment centers.

So you’re in favor of bringing back state run psychiatric hospitals that locked people into chemical prisons and more? Read up on Frances Farmer

By and from whom?

Those people. Watch out now.

But you can’t force people into treatment for good reasons. Plus, insurance doesn’t want to pay for long term psychiatric hospitalizations like they did 40 years ago, and most people can’t afford resort treatment centers.
Blah, blah, blah.

Before there can be a court decision there has to be a law, and that law would have to be very carefully crafted to pass muster.

Seeing as how you don't want to take any steps to lock the crazies up I guess it's going to be up the law abiding, armed citizen, to shoot their worthless asses.

^^^
Somebody put a bottle on the stove so he can go back to sleep and dream of the utopia he wanders in.

I don't live in a dream utopia, I live in the real world where you have checked out.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta... surveys from the,Americans ages 12 and older.

These are the actual numbers.
ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_02c.png

Blah, blah, blah.

Before there can be a court decision there has to be a law, and that law would have to be very carefully crafted to pass muster.

Seeing as how you don't want to take any steps to lock the crazies up I guess it's going to be up the law abiding, armed citizen, to shoot their worthless asses.
Anything that can get through Congress has by definition passed muster. And we have an extremely right wing court. Granted its not happening today with the Senate and White House but still.

I don't live in a dream utopia, I live in the real world where you have checked out.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/10/31/violent-crime-is-a-key-midterm-voting-issue-but-what-does-the-data-say/#:~:text=Annual government surveys from the,Americans ages 12 and older.

These are the actual numbers.
ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_02c.png

Anything that can get through Congress has by definition passed muster. And we have an extremely right wing court. Granted its not happening today with the Senate and White House but still.
Jesus but you're such a dumb ass. Any such law would have to pass muster with the SCOTUS.

Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah I see you’re dug in on the gun issue so anything that doesn’t support your interpretation of 2A, including easy access to buying guns, is blah, blah, blah.

So meanwhile an innocent kid gets shot by your law abiding armed citizen “standing his ground” when innocent and nonthreatening kid mistakenly knocks on the wrong door to pick up his sibling. And two law abiding armed citizens shoot each other’s kids during a traffic argument. Or are those the crazies you want to lock up?

Jesus but you're such a dumb ass. Any such law would have to pass muster with the SCOTUS.
Only if someone challenged it. You really don't understand how this works. and you have a far Right SCOTUS if five of them agree that it passes muster, it passes muster.

Only if someone challenged it. You really don't understand how this works. and you have a far Right SCOTUS if five of them agree that it passes muster, it passes muster.
Heller was 5-4, Bruen was 6-3. The court is not "far Right" the majority is simply upholding the text and true meaning of the Constitution as informed by history.

Heller was 5-4, Bruen was 6-3. The court is not "far Right" the majority is simply upholding the text and true meaning of the Constitution as informed by history.

There haven't been enough high profile cases to even suggest that, their ruling on abortion has nothing at all to do with the Constitution. Even your boy icanhelp admits they are a far right court. This isn't a liberal claim this is a fairly accepted fact.

Anyone not holding to communist ideology is by definition 'far right' to most of the posters here.

There haven't been enough high profile cases to even suggest that, their ruling on abortion has nothing at all to do with the Constitution. Even your boy icanhelp admits they are a far right court. This isn't a liberal claim this is a fairly accepted fact.
Abortion and the alleged "right" to abortion aren't in the Constitution either.

Back