Guns Are Not The Leading Cause Of Death For Children

Here's a case where two young black men are being charged as adults:

What we know about the Dadeville, Alabama, mass shooting​

Two teens have been charged in the mass shooting at a Sweet 16 party that left four dead and dozens injured.

By Nicole Narea@nicolenarea Updated Apr 19, 2023, 2:02pm EDT

Two teens were charged Wednesday with reckless murder in the mass shooting at a 16th birthday party in Dadeville, Alabama. The Saturday night shooting left four dead and 32 others injured.

The teens, 17-year-old Ty Reik McCullough and 16-year-old Travis McCullough, will be tried as adults. In a press conference Wednesday, authorities did not elaborate on their motives or provide any new details as to what happened. Under Alabama law, “reckless murder” involves “extreme indifference to human life” and a suspect that “recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death” to another.

Mike Segrest, district attorney for the Fifth Judicial Circuit of Alabama, said at the press conference that there were be additional charges to come in relation to those who were injured, including four that remain in critical condition.

More here: https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/4...e-alabama-mass-shooting-sweet-sixteen-shooter

We know why this case isn't on the 24/7 news cycle, don't we

That is a flat out lie. Everybody understands and finds a certain number of deaths acceptable. Its hard to put a number on anything but how many people die because of medical malpractice each year or similar hospital related issues like those super bugs we were talking a few years back? I don't know how many people die from peanut allergies every year. I know its low enough that you never see any media about the kids dying. Every so often you hear about people bitching about something being taken off the menu because it might kill someone. I think that means whatever number are dying or being hospitalized is well with what we are willing to accept as a nation.

People on your side need to admit on the gun issue you genuinely don't give a shit how many people die as long as you're ready to fight the Obama/Harris/Biden alliance to send you to Alaska to mine gold and drill for oil until you die.

I don't find ANY death "acceptable."

Understanding that death occurs and that as mortal humans we can't do much if anything about it, isn't the same thing. Nor will I EVER admit to your completely fucked up belief that I don't care when someone dies because that's called grief and, unless someone is a complete mental basketcase like you seem to be, most people do express their grief in one way or another.

My way, and the way of millions of others throughout history, is to express comfort to those who have lost a loved one. Your way seems to be where you rage against anyone and everyone about the violence you stirred up in your hatred of yourself and others and next attempt to punish the entire world because we don't conform to your perceived social guidelines which are spawned from your anger mismanagement and degraded mental health issues.

Considering everyone involved in those shootings usually ends up dead, I'd say you manage to deal with them quite good. Access to firearms might be an issue though, don't you agree? Because evil people don't pose much threat when they are unarmed.
Also, that was quite the racist spiel you tried to spin then regarding gang violence, and also implying it is not punished. And directly most of the school massacres came from pure-blooded Americans, stretching to appealing for you number of generations back.
It is not racist to report the majority of gun crime occurs in minority neighborhoods. The fact that southwestern Chicago is now a public shooting range is prima facie evidence. It's racist to hide those numbers and pretend they do not happen or that they aren't the dominate factor in instances of gun violence in this country. It's also a contributing factor when the local DA spends a lot of her time not prosecuting crimes to the fullest extent of the law.

Kim Foxx drops more felony cases as Cook County state’s attorney than her predecessor, Tribune analysis shows​

By David Jackson, Todd Lighty, Gary Marx and Alex Richards
Chicago Tribune

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:00 am

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx is dropping felony cases involving charges of murder and other serious offenses at a higher rate than her predecessor, according to a Tribune analysis that comes amid a growing debate over criminal justice reform.

During Foxx’s first three years as the county’s top prosecutor, her office dropped all charges against 29.9% of felony defendants, a dramatic increase over her predecessor, the Tribune found. For the last three years of Anita Alvarez’s tenure, the rate was 19.4%.

In all, a total of 25,183 people had their felony cases dismissed under Foxx through November 2019, up from 18,694 for a similar period under Alvarez.

More here: https://www.chicagotribune.com/inve...0200810-ldvrmqvv6bd3hpsuqha4duehmu-story.html

It is not racist to report the majority of gun crime occurs in minority neighborhoods. The fact that southwestern Chicago is now a public shooting range is prima facie evidence. It's racist to hide those numbers and pretend they do not happen or that they aren't the dominate factor in instances of gun violence in this country. It's also a contributing factor when the local DA spends a lot of her time not prosecuting crimes to the fullest extent of the law.

Kim Foxx drops more felony cases as Cook County state’s attorney than her predecessor, Tribune analysis shows​

By David Jackson, Todd Lighty, Gary Marx and Alex Richards
Chicago Tribune

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:00 am

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx is dropping felony cases involving charges of murder and other serious offenses at a higher rate than her predecessor, according to a Tribune analysis that comes amid a growing debate over criminal justice reform.

During Foxx’s first three years as the county’s top prosecutor, her office dropped all charges against 29.9% of felony defendants, a dramatic increase over her predecessor, the Tribune found. For the last three years of Anita Alvarez’s tenure, the rate was 19.4%.

In all, a total of 25,183 people had their felony cases dismissed under Foxx through November 2019, up from 18,694 for a similar period under Alvarez.

More here: https://www.chicagotribune.com/inve...0200810-ldvrmqvv6bd3hpsuqha4duehmu-story.html
Low income neighborhoods more than minority neighborhoods, actually. The minority part is just because there is a larger portion of that group that are minorities

You hate blacks and so you focus on race.

Got it, you are the one of those guys. I will leave you to it. But I bet you get annoyed when people on the opposite spectrum of this ridiculous debate say to educate yourself.

This was my way actually to enter the convo innocently. But actually dealing with legislation on a daily basis you can bet your ass I am more aware of what is happening. I just wanted to know a silly little person's personal views and to provide education after seeing how many holes in their understanding they have.

People try to tell me that all the time. As a sadist I enjoy it immensely when they discover that their "understanding" of what's going on turns out to be where the flaw is instead of it being anywhere in my argument.

Thus, your disabused ideas which you thought were a segue into the conversation are really nothing more than an indication of the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The mere fact that I told you so triggered you so much you decided to tout your bona fides as if they somehow correct your misunderstanding of facts and law.

You were wrong. The fact that you're an "expert" in something doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. It only makes you look like an idjit for thinking it does and expecting anyone to agree with you.

People try to tell me that all the time. As a sadist I enjoy it immensely when they discover that their "understanding" of what's going on turns out to be where the flaw is instead of it being anywhere in my argument.

Thus, your disabused ideas which you thought were a segue into the conversation are really nothing more than an indication of the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The mere fact that I told you so triggered you so much you decided to tout your bona fides as if they somehow correct your misunderstanding of facts and law.

You were wrong. The fact that you're an "expert" in something doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. It only makes you look like an idjit for thinking it does and expecting anyone to agree with you.
Ok, mom. Calm down, you punctured a vein or something there.

They come from all over, don't they?

They do. Somehow they believe that their ideas trump the law and societal views despite being told numerous times that those things don't do that at all.

And then they blame us for pointing that out. Usually that happens right before they tell us we're wrong again because they believe their ideas trump the law and societal views.

Ok, mom. Calm down, you punctured a vein or something there.

I do that to people all the time, it's part of the job.

Now, be a good boy and sign at the bottom of the contract. No no, dip the pen into the blood first, then sign...

Is reading so difficult for you, you didn't get it? Oh, my sweet child. You are adorable.

U sure? You seem like a shady character.

My character isn't involved in your lack of understanding and refusal to accept the obvious. That you seem to believe it is only highlights my prior post.

Now, please do your best to try and keep up with the rest of the class.

My character isn't involved in your lack of understanding and refusal to accept the obvious. That you seem to believe it is only highlights my prior post.

Oh, I accepted you being with rudimentary knowledge and with no original thought. Doncha worry.

Do you think that you’re in class because you get schooled so often?

If we keep this up he might just burst into a cloud of farts. Let's go, boys!

Back