Guns Are Not The Leading Cause Of Death For Children

I'm assuming you can sum that up buttercup cus I've played your game of reading through links to figure out what exactly was said before and its my day off. I'm not wasting it on stuff that will ultimately come down to "There are better ways to accomplish our goals"
Well first off, you don't have the IQ for it. I gave a bunch of sources you're obviously too dumb to comprehend. Democrats have defunded police departments. DeBlasio took over a billion dollars out of the NYDP. Los Angeles cut its police budget as have many Democrat cities across the country. They see now how unpopular it is so they are trying to distance themselves from the political consequences of their actions. You're different, you act as if it never happened or wasn't spoken about by anyone in the party of dummies we know as Democrats.

I act as if none of them ran on that as an official policy. Which you provided nothing to the contrary.

CINCINNATUS HIGH SCHOOL TRAP CLUB RECEIVES NRA GRANT​

“The Cincinnatus High School Trap Club is proud to announce their receipt of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Foundation Teach Freedom and Friends of the NRA grant this year. The NRA Foundation provided 25 cases of 12-gauge ammunition for use in weekly competitions and the NYS High School Clay Target League STATES tournament on June 10, 2023, at Bridgeport Rod & Gun Club.”

https://cortlandvoice.com/2023/04/19/cincinnatus-high-school-trap-club-receives-nra-grant/

Teach your children well. Kudos to America’s oldest civil rights organization. 🇺🇸

Agree. Way too many. Curbing gang violence and keeping guns out of the hands of unsupervised children would dramatically reduce these numbers.
I agree, and many times on the board I've shown how other countries deal with the problem. What's your solution,beside statistics!

CINCINNATUS HIGH SCHOOL TRAP CLUB RECEIVES NRA GRANT​

“The Cincinnatus High School Trap Club is proud to announce their receipt of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Foundation Teach Freedom and Friends of the NRA grant this year. The NRA Foundation provided 25 cases of 12-gauge ammunition for use in weekly competitions and the NYS High School Clay Target League STATES tournament on June 10, 2023, at Bridgeport Rod & Gun Club.”

https://cortlandvoice.com/2023/04/19/cincinnatus-high-school-trap-club-receives-nra-grant/

Teach your children well. Kudos to America’s oldest civil rights organization. 🇺🇸
*chuckles*

Good they can learn to skeet shoot ( which is surprisingly challenging) but in general the average American student today, compared to 40 years ago, can't read, write or pass basic math skills. Me thinks the NRA could put money towards something more worth while.

Democrats have defunded police departments. DeBlasio took over a billion dollars out of the NYDP.
mmmmmmmmm noooooooot exactlyyyyyy...

zSyB3Q8.png

https://www.politico.com/states/new...pledges-funding-for-new-nypd-precinct-1376388

oh-well-nervous.gif

people who don't live here but love talking about here almost always never get the full deets. get offline and touch grass sometime, pepaw. :ROFLMAO:

I agree, and many times on the board I've shown how other countries deal with the problem. What's your solution,beside statistics!
For gang violence, things like gang prevention programs, gang enforcement units, tough sentencing, especially for adults that contribute to gang related delinquency of minors.

Hold adults criminally accountable if their firearms fall into the hands of minors that use them to commit violent crimes due to negligence (ex. not securing them in places where kids can’t access).

For accident prevention, training, training, and more training.

*chuckles*

Good they can learn to skeet shoot ( which is surprisingly challenging) but in general the average American student today, compared to 40 years ago, can't read, write or pass basic math skills. Me thinks the NRA could put money towards something more worth while.
I find skeet much more difficult than trap. Both are challenging though. My favorite is clay stations with different presentation. Place I used to shoot at regularly before I moved has 19 stations with 2 and in some cases presentations at each station.

*chuckles*

The average student can in fact read, write and pass basic math from forty years ago. I don't know where this myth comes from.

For gang violence, things like gang prevention programs, gang enforcement units, tough sentencing, especially for adults that contribute to gang related delinquency of minors.

Hold adults criminally accountable if their firearms fall into the hands of minors that use them to commit violent crimes due to negligence (ex. not securing them in places where kids can’t access).

You know what would help with most of that? Increased wages!

I agree with you on this, but obviously it's not happening, and even yourself point out the push back against this. So now what? As I have said many times, I am not in favour of bans, but, there are now three generations of students, who have been exposed to the "fear of school shootings" one of those generations is now of voting age.

How long before they start voting in those who do want a total ban?

I live in Canada, so I have no stake in your problem. But I give it ten years tops, before that push happens. People like you, had best start making those reforms happen, not just spouting about "it's only a small percentage who get killed". It's time to focus, since it is 100% of children in America who face the fear....and they will remember, just like I remember the nuclear attack drills.

Last edited:
It comes from the national education study's. Perhaps go read a few.

I have, and the studies are really, really faulty. They fail to point out that in the 80's Algebra 2 was considered really high level math, these days if you're trying to get into a real college you need trig. What was basic math in the 80s is remedial today.

Reading level is measured not by comprehension but also by speed and and endurance. A kid beating Pokemon would be considered above a person reading two pages of rocket science.

I have, and the studies are really, really faulty. They fail to point out that in the 80's Algebra 2 was considered really high level math, these days if you're trying to get into a real college you need trig.
What the fuck are you talking about? I used to do trig on a slider rule, and from tables. Algebra is Algebra, that leads to all other higher levels of Mathematics. I was introduced to Algebra in grade 7, or was it grade 6, I forget. Try some Boolean Algebra on for size...
what was basic math in the 80s is remedial today
I'll admit, I graduated high school before the 80's, so I can't comment on what the curriculum was then, or now, but I can comment on the skills today's graduates have, since I get to have a bunch work for me. They don't even come close...
Reading level is measured not by comprehension but also by speed and and endurance. A kid beating Pokemon would be considered above a person reading two pages of rocket science.
I guess you think this has some meaning.

But I do agree the number of words a person can read in one minute and achieve 80% or greater comprehension of the reading material is measurable. Which is also shown in the testing results.

What the fuck are you talking about? I used to do trig on a slider rule, and from tables. Algebra is Algebra, that leads to all other higher levels of Mathematics. I was introduced to Algebra in grade 7, or was it grade 6, I forget. Try some Boolean Algebra on for size...

I'll admit, I graduated high school before the 80's, so I can't comment on what the curriculum was then, or now, but I can comment on the skills today's graduates have, since I get to have a bunch work for me. They don't even come close...

I guess you think this has some meaning.

But I do agree the number of words a person can read in one minute and achieve 80% or greater comprehension of the reading material is measurable. Which is also shown in the testing results.

ITs not just a speed test, its also an endurance test. Which specifically why I brought up Pokemon. That's a lot of reading.

ITs not just a speed test, its also an endurance test. Which specifically why I brought up Pokemon. That's a lot of reading.
WTF is endurance got to do with reading comprehension? Unless you want to read Moby Dick in an afternoon.......

Sounds like there are a rash of social problems causing gun violence. So let’s get rid of the guns until those problems are solved, then get them back afterwards.

Given how quickly the media tends to find the criminal record of a black man shot by the police I'm willing to bet his man didn't have a record, certainly nothing serious but who knows maybe something will shake loose. Guns of course are not the problem.

That is bullshit. The did intend to seize private arms.
They weren't private arms, they were an arsenal amassed by an organized paramilitary group. And the issue over which said group was rebelling against the British had nothing to do with gun-owners' rights.
It comes from the national education study's. Perhaps go read a few.
"The national education study's"? Now I'm wondering if Canadian schools teach spelling...

Back