The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a little sad really...but just found out they're showing one of my favourite 'classic' movies this evening... :eek:
It's not all that well known, at least I don't think it is, but it's awesome and has everything a good movie should.
Dashing leads (in rather tight pants/tights as I recall :eek: ), a pretty heroine, oodles of Errol Flynnesque swordfights and a healthy dose of humour.
Perfect for what is, hopefully, our last night in the hospital!

There are times I just want to knock some common sense into a thick male head. *sigh* Although the knocking won't do a bit of good.

Scuttle Buttin is GOOD!..or is it very BAD!... I will definitely have to track down his threads..
Dark Warrioress IS VERY ACTIVE...surely she needs something to keep her busy...*grin*
*sigh* ( saddened to have to leave in a few)

* looking concerned*

..but you are going to continue to try...right?

*gives a quick shake of her head*

I have laid out my feelings, laid out all the reasons why he shouldn't do this, but my little brother was raised by the same woman as I was. He knows all this already. He is being irresponsible. He knows it. I know it. The only difference is, it's out in the open now. I adore him. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him and this is killing me. I want him to be happy. He deserves to be but not like this. He can't afford to go traipsing across the country for a visit, for a girl. I had to do something, two things really, I didn't want to do but I can't condone this.

I have laid out my feelings, laid out all the reasons why he shouldn't do this, but my little brother was raised by the same woman as I was. He knows all this already. He is being irresponsible. He knows it. I know it. The only difference is, it's out in the open now. I adore him. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him and this is killing me. I want him to be happy. He deserves to be but not like this. He can't afford to go traipsing across the country for a visit, for a girl. I had to do something, two things really, I didn't want to do but I can't condone this.

You can't protect people from themselves. You can only protect yourself.

craaaaaaap I'm awake.

I think i might go snarl at the coffee pot. I mean make coffee... I hope he has kidney function for a long time but granpa needs to stop drinking the whole pot before I get there. I can smell that there is coffee made.

Scuttle Buttin is GOOD!..or is it very BAD!... I will definitely have to track down his threads..
Dark Warrioress IS VERY ACTIVE...surely she needs something to keep her busy...*grin*
*sigh* ( saddened to have to leave in a few)

Appreciate it. :)

What prompted this, if I may?

I sincerely hope that things come to a positive solution for you guys. He's a smart guy, hopefully that will prevail in the end. Best wishes for both of you Cait.

LT:

About time to crash for a while.

It's always difficult to watch a loved sibling do something you can see is a mistake, but sometimes you have to let them make them and then be there to help pick up the pieces if/when it fails. I adore my baby brother, but that boy... there are times you let go and then times you don't. I don't envy your situation and I hope it works out.

It's always difficult to watch a loved sibling do something you can see is a mistake, but sometimes you have to let them make them and then be there to help pick up the pieces if/when it fails. I adore my baby brother, but that boy... there are times you let go and then times you don't. I don't envy your situation and I hope it works out.

I think the most awful part for me was that I have been paying his bills while he went to school to better himself because he's been out of work. We need the extra vehicle around here. Now, he's working part time and I've only been paying his car note. I know he hates it. He has the same work ethic as I do. He's been pounding the pavement looking for more work, a better job every day. I'm proud of him because of that. But be that as it may, I can not condone his being irresponsible about this and I had to make it clear, I would not be doing so anymore. As much as I know it's the right thing to do... I still can't help feeling I am letting him down somehow, but I'm not changing my mind about this. They only just met last summer. She was just out here for his graduation. They have time. They can wait until he's more financially secure. He won't because this means a lot to her.

I think the most awful part for me was that I have been paying his bills while he went to school to better himself because he's been out of work. We need the extra vehicle around here. Now, he's working part time and I've only been paying his car note. I know he hates it. He has the same work ethic as I do. He's been pounding the pavement looking for more work, a better job every day. I'm proud of him because of that. But be that as it may, I can not condone his being irresponsible about this and I had to make it clear, I would not be doing so anymore. As much as I know it's the right thing to do... I still can't help feeling I am letting him down somehow, but I'm not changing my mind about this. They only just met last summer. She was just out here for his graduation. They have time. They can wait until he's more financially secure. He won't because this means a lot to her.

*nods, supportive hug* I completely see your side and have to agree. I hope he comes around to not only understand the logic, but accept it, even begrudgingly.

DW... all I can say is I don't envy you having to deal with your brother and this kind of situation... I have been in a long distance relationship (My husband lived in KC when I met him online)... it is not easy, nor is it cheap. I see both ends of the spectrum here, the need to go and see one's significant other.. and the financial aspects.

I don't know how old your brother is, but if he is an adult, than it is up to him to be responsible for his bills, and his life, as financially responsible as he can. This may mean no visits for a time. He needs to learn to save a bit each paycheck for that "payoff" of going for a visit. Pay bills, put a few dollars aside and look forward to that time when there is enough.

Unfortunately a visit like this is not just plane fair, it is transportation once there, food, etc... it can be quite expensive and he needs to realize that....

They can wait until he's more financially secure. He won't because this means a lot to her.

Is she pushing him? She needs to understand the situation as well. If she is pushing than let her pay to have him come and see her...

DW... all I can say is I don't envy you having to deal with your brother and this kind of situation... I have been in a long distance relationship (My husband lived in KC when I met him online)... it is not easy, nor is it cheap. I see both ends of the spectrum here, the need to go and see one's significant other.. and the financial aspects.

I don't know how old your brother is, but if he is an adult, than it is up to him to be responsible for his bills, and his life, as financially responsible as he can. This may mean no visits for a time. He needs to learn to save a bit each paycheck for that "payoff" of going for a visit. Pay bills, put a few dollars aside and look forward to that time when there is enough.

Unfortunately a visit like this is not just plane fair, it is transportation once there, food, etc... it can be quite expensive and he needs to realize that....

They can wait until he's more financially secure. He won't because this means a lot to her.

Is she pushing him? She needs to understand the situation as well. If she is pushing than let her pay to have him come and see her...

Oh, believe me. I understand the need too. I've been there, done that, myself. I don't think she's pushing him but she's young. She can't stop herself from voicing what she wishes for. She's a good girl, really. I don't have anything against her. The sad thing is, the men in my family, when they fall, they fall hard. They can't tell their women no, even if it is to their detriment. He is the first good man to treat her as she deserves to be treated. She's impatient to share him with her family and friends.

And Nyte? He won't allow her to pay for him to come out. She's offered to help him pay for it, but he won't accept it. Hell, I have to growl at him to let me pay for lunch when we eat out now and then. Truthfully, I'm not sure how much she actually knows of his situation beyond that he works part time. I don't think she knows I pay his car note or that he has a student loan coming due soon. I'm half tempted to be truthful with her too. I hesitate only because I don't want to drive a wedge between my brother and I. As I see it, this is his decision. he'll tell her what he wants her to know.

Oh, believe me. I understand the need too. I've been there, done that, myself. I don't think she's pushing him but she's young. She can't stop herself from voicing what she wishes for. She's a good girl, really. I don't have anything against her. The sad thing is, the men in my family, when they fall, they fall hard. They can't tell their women no, even if it is to their detriment. He is the first good man to treat her as she deserves to be treated. She's impatient to share him with her family and friends.

And Nyte? He won't allow her to pay for him to come out. She's offered to help him pay for it, but he won't accept it. Hell, I have to growl at him to let me pay for lunch when we eat out now and then. Truthfully, I'm not sure how much she actually knows of his situation beyond that he works part time. I don't think she knows I pay his car note or that he has a student loan coming due soon. I'm half tempted to be truthful with her too. I hesitate only because I don't want to drive a wedge between my brother and I. As I see it, this is his decision. he'll tell her what he wants her to know.

Ahhh... a complicated situation, that is for sure. And a difficult one to be in when the one you want to be with is so far away... (Oh I so remember the airport scenes when Scy (Hubby, pronounced Sky) was leaving.. it was not easy.. I know I was not cut out for long distance, so he moved out here (Thank God)... and got a job, etc. It was not easy. But we are going on 12 years together now!!!!

I hope it all works out for all 3 of you... (you, him, and her)...

Good LUCK

~HUGS~

Ahhh... a complicated situation, that is for sure. And a difficult one to be in when the one you want to be with is so far away... (Oh I so remember the airport scenes when Scy (Hubby, pronounced Sky) was leaving.. it was not easy.. I know I was not cut out for long distance, so he moved out here (Thank God)... and got a job, etc. It was not easy. But we are going on 12 years together now!!!!

I hope it all works out for all 3 of you... (you, him, and her)...

Good LUCK

~HUGS~

Thanks, Hun. It's not so much about me as it is about him. I know I have to let him be his own man. He's an adult now but he's lived with me since he was 16 when our mom died. I didn't raise him, more like guided him at that age. So, it's hard to me to watch this unfold. Part of me happy that he's found someone and part of me despairs that he's not really thinking clearly or logically as is usually his wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back