Tv to SRP ((Movies welcome too))

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
After binge watching a few shows I love and getting all sorts of ideas thought I would ask the group their thoughts and interests.

1. What TV show past or present would you want to turn into a thread on Lit?

2. Stick solely to Canon characters or add in your own creation?

3. Would your ideas be before the events of the show... a rewrite of some part of the show you enjoyed/hated to make it better or after the show ended?

I will list a few of mine.

Midnight,Texas character of my own making from last couple of episodes and beyond ((did not like how they did Joe or Manfred))

NBC's Dracula with Johnothan Rhys Myers
After and own creation

2015 Tom Bateman's Jeckyll and Hyde own creation any time after he learns really a truth about London
((Possibly mixing the Dracula and Jeckyll and Hyde into an MFM))

If anyone's posts here spark others creativity connect and write...

Interesting thread idea to ask everyone, Asa.

I really like our SRP versions of Highlander, Lost Girl, Being Human, and Stargate SG-1,

But I want to emphasize that you don't necessarily have to follow the storyline or the main cast of the show. You can make Your SRP about Taun Taun handler #4 from Empire Strikes Back, or Ensign John Smith on the Starship Enterprise. Where you are in the world of the show but not necessarily constrained by the show's episode continuity. All those characters in the background have stories to tell too their show or movie didn't have time to highlight. It doesn't always have to be a fanfic of the show's main characters. Your SRP can be the chance for background or side characters to be in the spotlight.

In that vein for example shows for side or background characters to shine I'd like to do.
1. Bleach: specifically the adventures of Yoruichi
2. Dollhouse: The adventures of some of the other dolls.
3. Justicie League Unlimited: The adventures of some of the lesser known heroes or some that are completely original to me and my cowriter.

Then there's some where you may want to just take the premise of the show from Episode 1 or alternatively the finale of Season whatever before the new showrunner took over and the show went downhill on you. This can be that alternate reality where the show or movie series goes a different direction.

In that vein for example shows I'd like to do would be...
1. The adventures of Steve Rogers after the events of Avengers Endgame in the 1950s with Peggy and Howard Stark and the founding of Shield. Should he preserve the timeline and not tell them about Arnim Zola reviving Hydra in their midst knowing if he did it would condemn Bucky to be Hydra's brainwashed puppet for decades when he could stop it at the expense of the timeline's integrity?
2. Farscape What if instead of Jon Crichton it was another pilot selected for the Farscape mission and he/she was lost in space on living prison transport with peacekeepers hunting him/her?
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Specifically the adventures of a Vampire Slayer that was activated after the events season 7's finale that has little to no idea about vampires or demons or anything.

Back