Celestial Plans

A little planning goes a long way. Here I will collect and catalogue story ideas that I'm interested in playing out.

To keep me organised and help you figure out what's going on, I'll use this first post as directory and then add replies with the bigger ideas.

If you've got questions on any of these ideas, fancy running something by me, or just want to hang out, feel free to drop a reply or send me a PM. If you reply here, my next post in the thread might not be a reply to you as I might be capturing an idea, but I'll catch you all the same.

Without further ado...

Story ideas:

[IN PROGRESS] Captured by the Northmen - dark fantasy, captivity/slavery, non-con

[DISCUSSING] In the Shadow of Order 66 - Star Wars, covert action, reluctance, corruption

[DISCUSSING] Feed the Beast to Live - dark fantasy, bloody action, corruption, sex-under-the-necessity

Last edited:

Captured by the Northmen​

Theme: dark fantasy, captivity/slavery, non-con

[IN PROGRESS] thread with magellans_demon

The northern tribes are a hard people from a cold, hard land. Their barbaric rampages were legendary, held back only by their incessant tribal infighting. But, in recent years, the rampages had all but ceased. While some southerns spoke of providence, others heard rumors of a curse or some dark magic that had been inflicted on the tribes. Their womenfolk had become infertile, or was it the men? Most southerners agreed that the end of the northern tribes was at hand, and that this could only be a good thing, at least for the south. But hard people can make hard choices and if the north was to be sustained, new blood would need to bring new life. Suddenly, the raids began again, but this time it was more about people than riches or resources. So it was that the slave markets of the north began.

Roles: Flexible. Either of us could play a captive southerner or a slaving northerner, and either role could be male or female. This could even be a female-female pairing, with male side characters brought in as needed.

Direction: At first blush, this looks like a slavery/breeding scenario but it would be easy to add a couple of twists to add some depth. Perhaps the captive has keys to a cure to the curse? Perhaps the slaver is reluctant but under pressure from the tribe? Perhaps the captive is actually looking for a way to free other slaves before they escape themselves? Or perhaps the northerner wants to escape to the south and find a new life with the help of their southern captive? I'd still want to play with the captivity/slavery angle for a while, regardless of the overarching intent, but it need not be the end game.

Last edited:

In the Shadow of Order 66​

Theme: Star Wars, covert action, reluctance, corruption

[UNDER DISCUSSION]

Even the Jedi Order has spies. Not that it helped them. Order 66 began the Purge and Jedi across the galaxy were hunted, captured, and often killed. But a spy's place is not in plain sight, nor spent in meditation in some central place. On the outskirts of civilized space, a Jedi Knight and their Padawan received news of the Purge before it reached them and they went into hiding, at least at first. But with Inquisitors on the loose and the galaxy in flames, they couldn't stay out of the fray. They say that the greatest harm results from the best intentions. What harm in just one intervention? Maybe two? And who will pay the price? And how?

Roles: Flexible, with the intention that one plays the Knight (or Master) and the other plays the Padawan (though possibly an experienced one, ala Ahsoka). Either could be male or female, or both female, with various possibilities for race drawn from the Star Wars canon. I personally prefer the more humanoid options, including Twi'lek, but I'm open to discussion.

Direction: I've often felt that the Master-Padawan relationship has power exchange dynamics just begging to be expressed. Add fear of the Inquisition into the mix, plus perhaps a more "flexible" relationship with the Force, probably on the part of the Master, and a descent into darkness out of a necessity to survive could play out. I see spy games, desperate fights, reluctant exploration of the Dark Side, combined with a shared isolation pushing the characters together for comfort in dark times (also a corrupting factor for the Jedi).

Last edited:

In the Shadow of Order 66​

Theme: Star Wars, covert action, reluctance, corruption

Roles: Flexible, with the intention that one plays the Knight (or Master) and the other plays the Padawan (though possibly an experienced one, ala Ahsoka). Either could be male or female, or both female, with various possibilities for race drawn from the Star Wars canon. I personally prefer the more humanoid options, including Twi'lek, but I'm open to discussion.

Direction: I've often felt that the Master-Padawan relationship has power exchange dynamics just begging to be expressed. Add fear of the Inquisition into the mix, plus perhaps a more "flexible" relationship with the Force, probably on the part of the Master, and a descent into darkness out of a necessity to survive could play out. I see spy games, desperate fights, reluctant exploration of the Dark Side, combined with a shared isolation pushing the characters together for comfort in dark times (also a corrupting factor for the Jedi).
I’ve actually toyed with a very similar idea!!

I’ve actually toyed with a very similar idea!!
It's such fertile ground for stories, I feel. I was struck while watching Andor that Star Wars can, if allowed, cover so many different styles and genres from high society intrigue to Cyberpunk-style neon grunge. The Jedi so often seem to end up with the kids' stories, though, but I feel they can do so much more if given the chance.

It's such fertile ground for stories, I feel. I was struck while watching Andor that Star Wars can, if allowed, cover so many different styles and genres from high society intrigue to Cyberpunk-style neon grunge. The Jedi so often seem to end up with the kids' stories, though, but I feel they can do so much more if given the chance.
Mine took place closer to the KOTOR era, and involved the Master becoming involved with a sort of Jedi super secret black ops faction. There would have been a slow fall to the dark side, probably. Or at least away from the light. Which would draw the padawan along

Corruption is sexy

Mine took place closer to the KOTOR era, and involved the Master becoming involved with a sort of Jedi super secret black ops faction. There would have been a slow fall to the dark side, probably. Or at least away from the light. Which would draw the padawan along

Corruption is sexy
Yes, yes it is!

It's been a while since I've thought about KOTOR. Unlike when writing, I have a terrible habit of being the absolute paragon of virtue in those games. Feels good to be the proper hero, for sure, but sure isn't as sexy.

I'm scooting off to bed now as it's super late for me but I'd be happy to talk on this some more. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Yes, yes it is!

It's been a while since I've thought about KOTOR. Unlike when writing, I have a terrible habit of being the absolute paragon of virtue in those games. Feels good to be the proper hero, for sure, but sure isn't as sexy.

I'm scooting off to bed now as it's super late for me but I'd be happy to talk on this some more. Thanks for stopping by! :)
I look forward to it

All this talk of corruption has me musing on a further idea, albeit a one that might be a bit cliché. That said, even cliché concepts can turn out interesting when the characters involved are fun to play with. Cue writing music...

Feed the Beast to Live​

Theme: dark fantasy, bloody action, corruption, sex-under-the-necessity

[UNDER DISCUSSION]

The Capital fell to an assault from within. The Enemy had always had agents seeking some crack in the defenses, but for so many to be possessed so quickly... something had gone catastrophically wrong. The last of the Royal line escaped the carnage under the wing of the Captain of the Brightguard, the Royal family's elite protectors. Together they must carry the hereditary power of the Royal line to the Citadel, the resting place of the seal that held the Enemy at bay for so long. There, the last of the Royal line can rekindle the shield and send the Enemy back to their infernal dimension once more. If only the Captain hadn't been wounded, a corrupted strike that festered despite their best healing efforts, raging for release. Can they make it to the Citadel before the Captain succumbs or the country falls into darkness without end?

Roles: Flexible. The most obvious/cliché choice would be a male Captain and a female Royal, but inversion could be interesting or, indeed, a F/F pairing. I would be comfortable with either role.

Direction: If I were to describe this in somewhat D&D terms, I see the Royal as a cleric/healer type and the Captain as a sort of paladin. Together, the might complete the quest, but apart they will surely fail. With the complication that the Captain has suffered some sort of corrupting wound, perhaps a little like how Frodo was struck with a Morgul blade on Weathertop, now one part of the necessary team is slowly turning into the enemy. Neither can cure the wound but together they can quell it for a time. But the wound grows worse and the manner of quelling becomes steadily more extreme, hence "feed the beast", something akin to sex-under-the-necessity to help quieten the corruption. That's just one possible take. If the intent from the start is to allow their mission to succeed, it becomes a question of the price that must be paid to get it done.

Last edited:
Open questions:

Does the format I've been posting my story ideas work for you?

For the short list of links in the first post, would other/additional information be useful?

My intention is to provide a story seed, a sense of who's involved and a direction or two the story might take, without getting too restrictive so as to allow a play partner to provide their own thoughts. But also I do want to make the stories feel attractive and the short list to be a useful and quick guide to people who might be interested in playing with me but don't yet know if we're compatible.

I think that your level of detail in the prompt is just fine. If you go too detailed, some people will feel like they've got no agency in working with the story. A more open ended prompt that evokes a mood and gives a direction is fine.

I think that your level of detail in the prompt is just fine. If you go too detailed, some people will feel like they've got no agency in working with the story. A more open ended prompt that evokes a mood and gives a direction is fine.
Hey there!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! I guess I don't quite know what audience -- not sure that's the right word -- I'm working with so I figured it'd be good to open it to the floor for thoughts.

Hey there!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! I guess I don't quite know what audience -- not sure that's the right word -- I'm working with so I figured it'd be good to open it to the floor for thoughts.
I personally think this is a nice way to do it, and you are accomplishing your goal, at least that I can see

Feed the Beast to Live​

Theme: dark fantasy, bloody action, corruption, sex-under-the-necessity

Roles: Flexible. The most obvious/cliché choice would be a male Captain and a female Royal, but inversion could be interesting or, indeed, a F/F pairing. I would be comfortable with either role.

Direction: If I were to describe this in somewhat D&D terms, I see the Royal as a cleric/healer type and the Captain as a sort of paladin. Together, the might complete the quest, but apart they will surely fail. With the complication that the Captain has suffered some sort of corrupting wound, perhaps a little like how Frodo was struck with a Morgul blade on Weathertop, now one part of the necessary team is slowly turning into the enemy. Neither can cure the wound but together they can quell it for a time. But the wound grows worse and the manner of quelling becomes steadily more extreme, hence "feed the beast", something akin to sex-under-the-necessity to help quieten the corruption. That's just one possible take. If the intent from the start is to allow their mission to succeed, it becomes a question of the price that must be paid to get it done.

I like this a lot, not that my opinion is really necessary. Then again, I've always enjoyed dark fantasy, and the themes that tend to go along with it. I personally would argue for ultimately the pair succeeding, though perhaps with the sacrifice of one, or maybe both. A pyrrhic victory, and though the kingdom, or the world at large, is saved the more personal victory is not. I'd image the royal surviving in that instance, but left without much at the end, and the knight/paladin/what have you succumbing to the corruption, resulting either in death or complete loss to the enemy, with the knowledge that they will return... just not as they once were.

To borrow from DnD terms as you have, I'd imagine the paladin is slowly falling away from their Oath, becoming an Oathbreaker through the dark influence of that tainted wound. Then again, that's largely a matter of how prevalent magic is in this fantasy world as well. I'd imagine it's not much, the Royal's hereditary gift(be it divine magic or some other form of blessing) being a true rarity, something to be safeguarded with all necessity... hm... offhand I'd say that perhaps the "Brightguard" are those knights given writ and infused with the power to wield the Royal's "light", allowing them to banish the demonic back to whence they came...

But I digress, as I could go on and on for hours given half the chance. World building is always been an interest of mine. Either way, of the prompts you've written, all seem established enough to give an idea without forcing any one particular way, allowing a partner to add their own thoughts fairly easily. I look forward to reading more of your work.

I like this a lot, not that my opinion is really necessary. Then again, I've always enjoyed dark fantasy, and the themes that tend to go along with it. I personally would argue for ultimately the pair succeeding, though perhaps with the sacrifice of one, or maybe both. A pyrrhic victory, and though the kingdom, or the world at large, is saved the more personal victory is not. I'd image the royal surviving in that instance, but left without much at the end, and the knight/paladin/what have you succumbing to the corruption, resulting either in death or complete loss to the enemy, with the knowledge that they will return... just not as they once were.

To borrow from DnD terms as you have, I'd imagine the paladin is slowly falling away from their Oath, becoming an Oathbreaker through the dark influence of that tainted wound. Then again, that's largely a matter of how prevalent magic is in this fantasy world as well. I'd imagine it's not much, the Royal's hereditary gift(be it divine magic or some other form of blessing) being a true rarity, something to be safeguarded with all necessity... hm... offhand I'd say that perhaps the "Brightguard" are those knights given writ and infused with the power to wield the Royal's "light", allowing them to banish the demonic back to whence they came...

But I digress, as I could go on and on for hours given half the chance. World building is always been an interest of mine. Either way, of the prompts you've written, all seem established enough to give an idea without forcing any one particular way, allowing a partner to add their own thoughts fairly easily. I look forward to reading more of your work.

I agree the way the ideas are presented here gives a lot of room for world building. I like your approach. It is a different story than I would tell but that’s the beauty of the ideas they’re written in such a way that so many stories could be told by the same prompt.

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. Really appreciate it. :)

@WeaverofWorlds - for some reason your reply reminded me of snippets of the Final Fantasy Kingsglaive movie. Seems like an odd association now I inspect it, especially as I'm not sure that the steampunk/magitech thing is quite what I had in mind. Still, the idea of imbued power from the royalty was something they explored a little in there. At least I think they did. I've only seen it once and it was a long while back...

I'm going to do a little housekeeping on this thread to keep it fair and clear what's happening with what story. I seem to have been very lucky with responses to these ideas. Going to try to make it so my head doesn't explode. ;)

I can't say that I've seen any Final Fantasy movie, besides the one way back in the... early 2000's I think? Whenever it came out. Not that I would necessarily call that a Final Fantasy movie. But I'd agree that steampunk is probably not the best for the way the prompt is written. Not unless you were going to start having some rather off the wall concepts come up, which can be fun in its own way, but dark fantasy is, in my own experience, at least a little more on the grounded side all things considered. Then again, any story one wishes to write can be in whatever form pleases the writer, so who am I to say anything against it?

And yes, organizing thoughts and ideas is usually a good idea. Though that's a bit hypocritical coming from me, I'm less organized than I probably should be, and prone to my mind wandering off on random tangents and world building exercises, sometimes in the middle of writing something else.

Corruption is sexy

Actually, that's called the Jedi Shadows. A subset of the Jedi Sentinel (they were the ones who used the Yellow lightsabre blades) who were lawmen dedicated to justice more than either the Jedi Guardians (those who focused on the more physical/martial aspects of the Force) or the Jedi Consulars (those who focused on the mystical aspects of the Force). In fact, those are the kind of Jedi that i play the most when i get to play a Star Wars RPG. Some of the best adult RPGs i've played were Star Wars ones actually.

I'm disorganized in a lot of ways, but when it comes to my RPG campaigns i'm quite organized... i have so many different ones i've written up that cover a wide range of possibilities. One set during the Clone Wars-era (based off the old official Living Force campaign), one post-Order 66/Dark Times-era and one set during the Rebellion-era that was centred around the crew of a Tramp Freighter (the No-Strings-Attached). if anyone wants, i can post some of those notes that either might help others with their games or inspire someone to approach me for a game!

Back