The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the unknown can be very fun. Not in question.
It's finding out what that one singular pure thing is that's the problem...

smiles

Wanting to find it out does open one up to all sorts of trouble...that said, trouble can be fun too.

sighs

It's quite the quandry!

Well, of course, I could tell you... but that's like the difference in describing a nice dessert, and tasting it for yourself. It's always going to lose something in the translation.

And, obviously, it would take all the "un" from the "unknown," which is simply not acceptable.

Besides, what kind of kidnapper would I be if I simply gave away all that was to come upon the kidnapping?

*shakes his head with a chuckle*

No no, that wouldn't do at all.

Well, of course, I could tell you... but that's like the difference in describing a nice dessert, and tasting it for yourself. It's always going to lose something in the translation.

And, obviously, it would take all the "un" from the "unknown," which is simply not acceptable.

Besides, what kind of kidnapper would I be if I simply gave away all that was to come upon the kidnapping?

*shakes his head with a chuckle*

No no, that wouldn't do at all.

You make several, very excellent points.

shrugs with a sigh

Well then, you can't blame a girl for trying.

smiles

I guess all that's left for me is to, obviously, wait and try to avoid said kidnapping as befits the role of 'victim'...before finding out first hand all of the 'uns' in this particular 'unknown' sequence of events.

You make several, very excellent points.

shrugs with a sigh

Well then, you can't blame a girl for trying.

smiles

I guess all that's left for me is to, obviously, wait and try to avoid said kidnapping as befits the role of 'victim'...before finding out first hand all of the 'uns' in this particular 'unknown' sequence of events.

Excellent! I knew you'd understand.

*retrieves the notebook from his pocket, along with a pen, to scribble a couple notes before pausing and looking up at her*

Just... let's say out of curiosity.... have you ever been caught up in a net and left to dangle until someone came to retrieve you?

Excellent! I knew you'd understand.

*retrieves the notebook from his pocket, along with a pen, to scribble a couple notes before pausing and looking up at her*

Just... let's say out of curiosity.... have you ever been caught up in a net and left to dangle until someone came to retrieve you?

watches the writing curiously until the question catches her more than a little off guard

Er...no...no, can't say that I have...

watches the writing curiously until the question catches her more than a little off guard

Er...no...no, can't say that I have...

I see. Interesting...

*nods thoughtfully and returns to make a note or two before snapping the notebook shut again and tucking it back in his pocket*

I see. Interesting...

*nods thoughtfully and returns to make a note or two before snapping the notebook shut again and tucking it back in his pocket*

watches the positioning of the notebook in his pocket keenly, mind whirling with possible ideas about it's contents

...interesting, he says...

watches the positioning of the notebook in his pocket keenly, mind whirling with possible ideas about it's contents

...interesting, he says...

Indeed!

*smiles brightly at her with a nod*

By chance, did you ever read those Choose Your Own Adventure books?

Heard of them, but never actually read, no...

LT ~ Oooh, a post to read :D

Indeed there is! :D

Ah, well.. I assume they're pretty self-explanatory.

But, the principle is an interesting one. Each event gives you new choices, opens up new paths you could take, which of course leads to more choices, more opened paths, and so on.

And sometimes, making a choice that seems less obvious is actually the more interesting and satisfying one.

You're wondering, I'm sure, how this relates to your impending kidnapping. And I assure you, it does!

But telling you how would drain away a little of the fun.

*slow, mischievous grin*

And no one wants that.

Man. Even as a kid, I didn't like R.L. Stine. Then in Jr. High I think, I read his "adult" book, which was mostly the same nonsense with some fucks and some fucking thrown in. Bah.

I read any of his books. Hell, when I read that one I chose not to go into the amusement park.

Indeed there is! :D

Ah, well.. I assume they're pretty self-explanatory.

But, the principle is an interesting one. Each event gives you new choices, opens up new paths you could take, which of course leads to more choices, more opened paths, and so on.

And sometimes, making a choice that seems less obvious is actually the more interesting and satisfying one.

You're wondering, I'm sure, how this relates to your impending kidnapping. And I assure you, it does!

But telling you how would drain away a little of the fun.

*slow, mischievous grin*

And no one wants that.

A great post it was too ;) thank you!

And have to say I figured as much - both about the style of the books and their relevance to the conversation.

fidgets a little

I'm sure no one wants to see any of the fun drained away, that would be sad...but I must admit it's getting awfully hard not to get...well...anxious about it all...the more hints I hear...the more my mind gets carried away with itself...

A great post it was too ;) thank you!

And have to say I figured as much - both about the style of the books and their relevance to the conversation.

fidgets a little

I'm sure no one wants to see any of the fun drained away, that would be sad...but I must admit it's getting awfully hard not to get...well...anxious about it all...the more hints I hear...the more my mind gets carried away with itself...

I thought perhaps it might be.

*nods a bit*

But... I think anxious is good. It heightens the senses. Makes everything just a little more... intense, you know?

Besides...

*slides closer and leans forward to bridge the distance, his voice low in her ear*

Kidnapping the mind is almost more fun than kidnapping the body, I think.

I thought perhaps it might be.

*nods a bit*

But... I think anxious is good. It heightens the senses. Makes everything just a little more... intense, you know?

Besides...

*slides closer and leans forward to bridge the distance, his voice low in her ear*

Kidnapping the mind is almost more fun than kidnapping the body, I think.

nods and tries to sit still, tries not to let the ripple of nervous excitement dance down her spine as his breath glances over her ear. Fails on both counts

I think you might be right...

nods and tries to sit still, tries not to let the ripple of nervous excitement dance down her spine as his breath glances over her ear. Fails on both counts

I think you might be right...

Mmhmm...

*grins, just slightly, and remains close, voice a little lower*

Right about now you've got to be wondering. Will be you be left dangling in a net? And just how long would you be left like that, waiting, wondering... thinking? And what happens when the wait is over? Would you be cut down, dragged away to have all manner of things done to you? Or just left there, vulnerable to probing fingers, probing... well. You get the idea.

*Straightens up, eyes drifting to her face*

Mmhmm...

Right about now you've got to be wondering. Will be you be left dangling in a net? And just how long would you be left like that, waiting, wondering... thinking? And what happens when the wait is over? Would you be cut down, dragged away to have all manner of things done to you? Or just left there, vulnerable to probing fingers, probing... well. You get the idea.

Bops his head, scurrying in the shadows.

Mmhmm...

nods, biting lower lip slightly

Uh huh...those are among the thoughts drifting through my mind right now...thoughts of being trapped, of that sense of the inescapable...the inevitable...

meets his eyes a little warily

...and I definitely, definitely, get the idea.

Bops his head, scurrying in the shadows.
*glances of his shoulder with a grin*

You know I'll kidnap you with her.
nods, biting lower lip slightly

Uh huh...those are among the thoughts drifting through my mind right now...thoughts of being trapped, of that sense of the inescapable...the inevitable...

meets his eyes a little warily

...and I definitely, definitely, get the idea.
Indeed...

*nods once, his eyes on hers*

Of course, though, it's not only the fact that it's inescapable... it's what's happening while trying, in vain, to escape. Your body betraying you. Admitting to it before you even allow yourself to...

Indeed...

Of course, though, it's not only the fact that it's inescapable... it's what's happening while trying, in vain, to escape. Your body betraying you. Admitting to it before you even allow yourself to...

fidgets a little more

...feeling those feelings, those reactions...and urges...the ones that shouldn't be felt, not in that situation...not under those circumstances...the ones that make it all so much worse...

Indeed...

Prove it.

a voice randomly says in the shadows.

fidgets a little more

...feeling those feelings, those reactions...and urges...the ones that shouldn't be felt, not in that situation...not under those circumstances...the ones that make it all so much worse...

*allows just a ghost of a grin to pass across his lips as he watches her, head bobbing in another singular, slight nod*

And, perhaps worst of all... knowing your captor is aware that you're having them all, too.

Indeed...

Mate, I could give you a whole book full of notes on this sort of stuff about a certain witch. But then, why spoil your fun discovering it all by yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back