The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

CaBpHAiW0AAXvBz.jpg

Is Britain returning to 1850 ?

On January 30 2016, after a stunning 149 years in business, iconic Soho restaurant Kettner’s closes its doors for good. Sort of.

The restaurant’s building has been bought from its owners Gondola Holdings by the Soho House group — along with an entire block of Georgian townhouses — and will be incorporated into the company’s expanding private members’ club.

1867 - Kettner's is opened by Auguste Kettner, chef to Napoleon III

1860s - 1890s - King Edward VII courted his mistress, actress Lillie Langtry, at Kettner’s

1900 - 1980 - Kettner’s remains open through both wars and survives The Blitz unscathed.

2016 - Kettner’s closes on January 30 after 149 years.

"Kettner's is still there on Greek Street, where Wilde dined with Bosie and demi-mondaines such as Alfred Taylor (a brothel-keeper who was sentenced with Wilde at his trial), Sidney Mavor (a rent boy who later became a Church of England priest) and Maurice Schwabe (a nephew of the then Solicitor- General)."

The Past

"At Kettner's you can be transported back to the decadent 1920s whilst sipping on the largest array of Champagnes London has to offer. Kettner's, Soho now hosts over one hundred Champagne houses, many from small family growers."

"Used to be stylish and good value, now gone right downhill.”

The future ?

I just saw on TV a piece with quotes from candidate's spouses. When Frank Fiorina was asked about her greatest characteristic he replied "her ethics".
This about a woman who claims the video's supposedly showing Planned Parenthood trafficking in fetal tissue to be 100% truthful. :rolleyes:

God I hope she goes down in flames and the lemmings unite behind Sanders.

That would just be some in tears happy shit.

I would also welcome this outcome. Watching people go berserk would be great fun.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
I would also welcome this outcome. Watching people go berserk would be great fun.

Mine is just money/lifestyle......Sanders won't come trash my businesses, steal all my shit and throw me in prison to put a few bucks in their pockets.

Every (R) but trump point blank said they were going to come fuck me and my family up directly as hard as they absolutely can.

Trump loses to Cruz and stays ahead of Rubio, barely.

That sucks, Cruz is a fuckin' tyrant and a half.

Last edited:
January 4, 2016

The U.S. started seeing major weather disruptions as early as last spring,

But recent events have surpassed temperature expectations and grown into what’s called a super El Niño.

The dramatic weather patterns cleave the country in half. Southern regions become wetter and colder than usual, while the north becomes dryer and warmer.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/think-el-nino-is-weird-now-just-wait-for-this-summer/

January 6, 2016

An invisible barrier seems to be holding chikungunya at bay, protecting U.S. shores.

But if history is any indicator, El Niño may wash away this barrier. Meanwhile, another related, and potentially more dangerous mosquito-borne virus is knocking at our door: Zika virus.

Added to the list of extremely dangerous mosquito-borne viruses is Zika. This virus originated in Uganda in the 1940s, spread to Asia and didn’t arrive in Latin America until appearing in Chile in February 2014. Just over a year later, Brazil would be suffering a crisis because of the disease’s troubling link to birth defects, namely microcephaly — wherein infants are born with abnormally small brains and heads.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/el-nino-tropical-disease-zika-chikungunya-dengue-plague/

El Niño effect

Hurricane Bonnie 1998 one billion dollars in damage

Northeast Ice Storm January 1998. Intense ice storm hits Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York, with extensive forestry losses; over $1.4 (1.5) billion damage/costs; 16 deaths.

The ice storm of 1998 was beautiful, but dangerous and deadly.

What the article does not discuss is the storms, hurricanes, and blizzards have become massive in size.

16 July 2015

The annual State of the Climate in 2014 report, based on research from 413 scientists from 58 countries, found record warming on the surface and upper levels of the oceans, especially in the North Pacific, in line with earlier findings of 2014 as the hottest year on record.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...imate-change-is-unstoppable-say-us-scientists

"In the long term, there is robust evidence of unabated global warming," Nieves said.

Veronica Nieves, lead author of the study and a UCLA researcher with the UCLA Joint Institute for Regional Earth System Science and Engineering

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150716160652.htm

Something called Santorum was apparently running for president but not anymore.

Back