Has Trump gone nuts?

adrina

Heretic
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/11/17/has-trump-gone-even-crazier/

Has Trump Gone Even Crazier?​

Forget parsing every Biden utterance. The likely GOP nominee is forgetting where he is, stumbling over words, and waxing full fascist.

Litigation under the Fourteenth Amendment is pending in 21 states to disqualify Donald Trump from the ballot on the ground that he “engaged in an insurrection” in and around January 6, 2021. He’s prevailed preliminarily in two states thus far. Still, the question of Trump’s eligibility for office may reach the Supreme Court, as might appeals of guilty verdicts in his many trials should they be forthcoming.

But there is another issue that can only be decided by the court of public opinion: Has Donald Trump gone nuts? Is he suffering from a palpable form of dementia? I leave that to the medical experts, but I’d implore you to absorb what the 45th president has been saying recently and how it’s even more worrisome than what he’s been saying and doing since he came down the escalator at Trump Towers in 2015.

But it’s not just misidentification. It’s the cadence and slurring of speech, too. Trump is having trouble with names. “On purpose” came out as “on perfect.” Adherents of Karl Marx came out as “markers,” not Marxists. He warned that Biden is drifting us into World War II. Perhaps more worrisome than Trump’s mental miscues is the fact that his authoritarian tendencies have veered into even more fascistic territory, and his insults have become even more intemperate, which is saying something.

I'm wondering if any Trumpers really listen to Trump. Especially lately. He's always been off the rails, but this recent spate of behavior and speech makes The Tallahassee Trail and Revolutionary War Airports look mild.

Forget parsing every Biden utterance. The likely GOP nominee is forgetting where he is, stumbling over words, and waxing full fascist.

I'm wondering if any Trumpers really listen to Trump. Especially lately. He's always been off the rails, but this recent spate of behavior and speech makes The Tallahassee Trail and Revolutionary War Airports look mild.
Oh they never do… the Cheeto is their “person, woman, man, camera, tv” guy.

The other is Hunter’s Dad. We all know how bad Hunter is!

Compared to you darlin' he's always going to look like the sanest guy in the room...

It’s always been light on detail, more of a feeling. Watching some of the rallies he’s always meandered and lied, it’s just getting worse.

The USA needs to set a upper age limit on Presidential candidates.

His authoritarian rants should be more concerning to his base.

As for his misstatements (i.e., not his usual and far reaching lies), maybe he needs a nap.

Crazy, creepy, and corrupt doesn’t age well.

*nods*

It is so pleasing to watch the Left melt down.

I only wonder what they're going to do after Trump is off the stage.

Doubtful, they can't seem to run it now and I don't anticipate that's going to change whether Trump is around or not.
President Biden is currently contending with a Republican House, a Senate without a filibuster-proof majority, and a Supreme Court packed with hard-right partisans.

Trump damaged the Republican brand so badly that Democrats are going to have healthy majorities from now on, which will make it much easier to get things done.

I find it surreal that anyone can look and listen to Trump and say "yup, that's who I want as president".

He was always a bit over the top, hyperbolic etc. It's much worse now. The slurring of words, the desperate grasps at fascism.

How anyone can say this is compatible with American values is beyond me.

President Biden is currently contending with a Republican House, a Senate without a filibuster-proof majority, and a Supreme Court packed with hard-right partisans.

Trump damaged the Republican brand so badly that Democrats are going to have healthy majorities from now on, which will make it much easier to get things done.

Yup, he is. And printing free money so fast that the economy is sinking faster than the Titanic while we send billions overseas to fight proxy wars.

We also have food shortages on the shelves, we have supply chains with broken links, jobs disappearing, housing costs going up, cost of living soaring, and out of control illegal immigration.

That's not "running the country" it's "running the country into the ground."

BTW, the current polls refute your point that Dems will have "healthy majorities from now on."

I find it surreal that anyone can look and listen to Trump and say "yup, that's who I want as president".

He was always a bit over the top, hyperbolic etc. It's much worse now. The slurring of words, the desperate grasps at fascism.

How anyone can say this is compatible with American values is beyond me.

His values were compatible with Democrats right up to the point he switched parties.

Which means it's not the man or his policies, it's the political affiliation which you disagree with. Which underscores how shallow you and the rest of the D's are.

His values were compatible with Democrats right up to the point he switched parties.

Which means it's not the man or his policies, it's the political affiliation which you disagree with. Which underscores how shallow you and the rest of the D's are.
Trump may have been a Democrat when he was a young man, but he’s the current leader of your party, and many Republicans follow him.

Irony. 😄

Trump is not temperamentally sound enough to be president. Let alone the fact he has zero loyalty to the constitution.

The Republican brand was severely damaged well before the arrival of Trump.

Which means it's not the man or his policies, it's the political affiliation which you disagree with. Which underscores how shallow you and the rest of the D's are.r's
Ahhhhhh, remember the days when being a flip flopper was a thing R's despised?
Now the circus is in town and we are treated to the likes of idiots like HisArpy walking tightropes like the Flying Wallendas.

Back