The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Okay Cancer. You won. You took someone I care about again today. And far too soon.
Fuck the fact that she beat you once already 20 years ago.
You just had to show up in a whole 'nother form.
Fuck the fact that none of the treatments worked...and yet she never complained.
I knew it was close and she was losing the battle when she had that hallowed out look. So frail. So much older than her years.
So god damn fuck you cancer. FYC FYC FYC

I am tired of losing friends to you.
FYC

:rose::rose:

Okay Cancer. You won. You took someone I care about again today. And far too soon.
Fuck the fact that none of the treatments worked...and yet she never complained.
I knew it was close and she was losing the battle when she had that hallowed out look. So frail. So much older than her years.

FYC

I am so sorry for your loss! I wish I could say more, something to soften the loss. But, I don't have the words which can actually console someone who has faced cancer's toll. All I can offer is a huge hug and my prayers!! :rose::rose::rose:

Last edited:
The hate I feel for cancer is so personal that cancer is almost a real individual to me! I am so sick of losing friends and family to it. But...I still believe profoundly in recovery from cancer, in kicking cancer's ass and I believe it in my heart and my head so strongly...because choice number 2...SUCKS!!!! So I grieve the terrible losses and they hit hard! Then I take a deep breath and say FUCK YOU CANCER and continue to fight and to encourage all I care for to fight any of cancer's scourges! My sincere prayers and positive thoughts go out to all who battle on, who suffer the loss of loved ones and those who support those still in the battle. FUCK YOU CANCER

FYC

:rose:

DGE - how is your friend?

Sending good thoughts to her and to Devlish... wondering how he is??

She is dealing with the chemo side effects, and once she gets done with one round and her body adjusts just a bit, it's time for a new round and the side effects get a big boost. I'm so proud of the strength she is showing in the face of this brutal medicine.

Thank you for asking. :rose:

FYC

So very sorry for your loss Cascadiabound. I hate this fucking disease and I want to see us figure out a way to annihilate it....ENOUGH loss already...

New

Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...

She is dealing with the chemo side effects, and once she gets done with one round and her body adjusts just a bit, it's time for a new round and the side effects get a big boost. I'm so proud of the strength she is showing in the face of this brutal medicine.

Thank you for asking. :rose:

Chemo is vicious. Your support for your friend is invaluable.

:rose::rose::rose: As a side note - I've come to learn how valuable support is in any form. Real life friendships, family, online friends. The support I see here on this thread is awesome.

Little wrinkle... Seems that the chemo and steroids killed my pancreas. Passed out three times in the doctor's office and found out my blood sugar was 457. I am now going to be a diabetic and will probably be on meds the rest of my life.

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...

That really sucks sweet lady! *Huge hug* This awful disease can steal so much from us. At least diabetes is treatable :rose::rose::rose::rose: FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...

Oh. It's just too much sometimes. :rose::rose:

Offense?

Yes...no offense but I can honestly say I am getting sick of one complication after another...

Offense? No offense taken by anyone I hope...the OFFENSIVE one is that FUCKING CANCER ! FUCK YOU Cancer . :mad:

Wishing you well with your latest challenge . Kick ASS! :rose::rose:

FUCK
YOU
CANCER...

Damn it. FYC. Sorry to hear this. Hugs as you face this hurdle that you most certainly did not see coming.
FUCK YOU CANCER. :mad::eek::mad:

grab a book " A Cancer Battle Plan" by Dave Frahm and Anne Frahm
Very interesting!

keeping you all in prayer. :kiss:

tumblr_mv3sd83aE61re71vio1_500.jpg

Well - I really wanted to post this on Shankara's thread but I see that it is closed.
So - instead I am going to post this beautiful FYC image here as an inspiration...
to keep fighting.. keep living... keep owning your own beautiful sexuality
NO MATTER WHAT.

:heart:

I had a patient Thursday.. not doing too well..
and all she wanted was chocolate cake. Seriously.. chocolate cake.
When I checked on her this morning, she still hadn't gotten it.

So.. today we dealt with septic shock, a couple of heart attacks, a GI bleed, and a surgical patient who needed to be cut open instead of just having those cute little puncture sites..
but all that really hovered in my heart was that chocolate cake.
and she's the only one who truly understands what it meant to slide her fork through her slice, watching the crumbs cling to the plastic tines. she's the only one who truly understood the joy of feeling her mouth salivate for such a simple pleasure.

I think it's the simple pleasures that sometimes get us through..
the little things that remind us of friends and family, special occasions where everyone was together

If I could give advice to someone struggling with such a difficult thing as cancer, I would tell them to ask for every single thing they wanted..
a walk on the beach
a moment under the starlight
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake

After more than a year of daily chemo and some of the least common side effects and complications documented with that particular agent, mom is finally done with her treatment.
Here is hoping she really is done, the side effects now resolve on their own and she can continue to get support from the Live Strong folks.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Kisses. :heart::rose::heart:

This is most welcome news. Knowing that treatment is over is truly the start of a new chapter. I hope your mother continues to thrive and enjoy life.

So.. today we dealt with septic shock, a couple of heart attacks, a GI bleed, and a surgical patient who needed to be cut open instead of just having those cute little puncture sites..
and she's the only one who truly understands what it meant to slide her fork through her slice, watching the crumbs cling to the plastic tines. she's the only one who truly understood the joy of feeling her mouth salivate for such a simple pleasure.

the little things that remind us of friends and family, special occasions where everyone was together

If I could give advice to someone struggling with such a difficult thing as cancer, I would tell them to ask for every single thing they wanted..
a walk on the beach
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake

*applauds*
As should we all, regardless of our situations :)

I hate how it deprives you of your ability to do things even when you are 90 years old and subsequently little by little your humanity.

a walk on the beach
an ice cold beer
and, definitely,
chocolate cake

Very very wise words. Thanks for the reminder. :rose:

And for the work you - and the other nurses here - do.

Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC

Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X

Back