The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

I mentioned in the Travel thread (probably even several times) that I have extended family in northern Germany that I really should and would like to visit and while I’m by no means fast, I tend to get to things eventually.
Trip is booked in a few weeks, but sadly the relative we visited just found out that her rapid and unwanted weight loss is due to cancer. It’s her third fight with it, though different types, so she is pretty ”here we go again, let’s kick som ass” about it.
We will still see each other unless treatment schedules make it impossible, but I really feel bad about not getting to see her for so long with the pandemic and things getting in the way of plans.
You keep saying ”oh, it’s sad and they aren’t getting any younger and we aren’t either” but then you are still not prepared, are you?

Fuck cancer.

Very happy that I got to see her despite bad timing with chemo appointments.
And treatments are making a huge difference, so we are hopeful that she might win this round too.

So sorry for your loss.

My dad was just diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. Not sure where my head is at the moment.
I'm so sorry to see this. There are some great online education and support resources I can suggest if you are interested. I've had prostate cancer and am part of a small organizing offering a monthly support group for others with this cancer.

ps: Fuck you cancer.

Back