The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

It is two in the afternoon and as quiet as can be around my house. An interesting effect. It wasn't that way earlier, what with all the moaning and groaning. Naps are so much fun afterwards. Some are longer than others.

Fresh coffee for all!

Pots and pans and utensils, oh my. Quite the discussion.

Country people solved the toilet seat problem years ago by inventing the back porch. Water the lawn and keep the piece, uh, peace all at one time.

:D

I solved the 'which way should the toilet paper hang' argument by not caring any more.
I frequently have kids staying at my house that aren't mine. Right now there are 4 here that I didn't birth.

One day a few years ago one of these kids said
Mom how can you stand it when someone puts the toilet paper on the roll the wrong way?
I said
Well it really used to bother me and I would silently switch it around while cursing whomever may have done it the 'wrong' way, but now I'm just grateful they replaced the toilet paper.
He said
Fair enough and that makes sense.

So now I don't sweat the small stuff in life I guess.

We've a weird wind blowin' and yet the air temperature is well up.
And it's been raining.
Ah, it's time for a brew of tea.

Stuck in a one-road-hamlet motel, waiting for the weather to conform to the cheerful predictions of those smiling TV forecasting morons. So far, we’ve had about four inches of “warm and sunny”.

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.

Ezra Pound

Stuck in a one-road-hamlet motel, waiting for the weather to conform to the cheerful predictions of those smiling TV forecasting morons. So far, we’ve had about four inches of “warm and sunny”.

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.

Ezra Pound

Four inches of warm and sunny. I love it but I think I'll just leave it at that. ;)

Smoked sausage, baked beans, and half a monster baked potato. I'm stuffed.

Fresh coffee and kettle for the night crew.

We're supposed to have a cold snap starting tomorrow night. No four inches of warm and sunny, though. Just cold, with a potential for heavy snow in the mountains, and near-feezing temps in the city.

I spent my day, and I will spend early tomorrow, getting the house and yard more ready for winter. The weather service outlook was for a wet, but warm, fall. So far it looks relatively wet, but normal for temps. We haven't seen "normal" for several years.

I think I need a new jacket. I'd say wool, with a western-style cut. Something that will wear nicely over a heavy sweater.

I'm holding off for now on cutting the basil and picking all the remaining tomatoes. If temps get lower than predicted then I'll regret that.

I've taken delivery of a Rose cutting in a large pot, stuffed with all manner of Good Stuff For Plants [particularly Roses]. "Keep it moist; don't let it dry out" was the advice I was given.
I put it in a relatively-shaded part of my back garden.
Dry out ?
It's more likely to drown, we've had a good deal of our own version of "warm & sunny", thanks.

And it's gone quite cool.

Wrap up and get the coffee, I think.

I've taken delivery of a Rose cutting in a large pot, stuffed with all manner of Good Stuff For Plants [particularly Roses]. "Keep it moist; don't let it dry out" was the advice I was given.
I put it in a relatively-shaded part of my back garden.
Dry out ?
It's more likely to drown, we've had a good deal of our own version of "warm & sunny", thanks.

And it's gone quite cool.

Wrap up and get the coffee, I think.

It's gone relatively cool here as well, although this is the Riviera, so 18C/64F and sunny, just warm enough for the beach-bodies to wander around in postage stamps and dental floss and hope to hook the last of the season's Sugar-Daddies/Silly Old Fools/Eastern European criminals. Hubby did suggest some of the poor dears looked a little chilly, and he'd regard it as his solemn duty as a medical professional to offer his services in the way of rubbing down those poor chilled things with a copy of The Sporting Life[; my solution is to drive past them and yell 'Hey, floozy, there's a Starbucks over there, go get a hot coffee in you for chrissake!' My husband says I have no class...

It's gone relatively cool here as well, although this is the Riviera, so 18C/64F and sunny, just warm enough for the beach-bodies to wander around in postage stamps and dental floss and hope to hook the last of the season's Sugar-Daddies/Silly Old Fools/Eastern European criminals.
Hubby did suggest some of the poor dears looked a little chilly, and he'd regard it as his solemn duty as a medical professional to offer his services in the way of rubbing down those poor chilled things with a copy of The Sporting Life[; my solution is to drive past them and yell 'Hey, floozy, there's a Starbucks over there, go get a hot coffee in you for chrissake!'
My husband says I have no class...

I suspect that there might be a queue of local blokes volunteering to help him in his charitable endeavours. . . .

Meanwhile, it's turning rather cool (+10C) so warm food and a long Coffee are desired.

Four inches of warm and sunny. I love it but I think I'll just leave it at that. ;)

Smoked sausage, baked beans, and half a monster baked potato. I'm stuffed.

Fresh coffee and kettle for the night crew.

Well, at least hurricane Michael passed south of here and took Summer with it when it left. I’m ready for Autumn, not that there’s anything wrong with Bikini weather .. hahaha. 🌹Kant

Well, at least hurricane Michael passed south of here and took Summer with it when it left. I’m ready for Autumn, not that there’s anything wrong with Bikini weather .. hahaha. 🌹Kant

Summer's pretty much gone here, too. It's gray and drippy out (odd for the desert) and freezes are threatened for the next few nights.

Good time to write, I guess.

87 for a high this afternoon. Projected high of 75 tomorrow and 60 for a high on Tuesday. Mix in 15 to 20 mph winds and scattered rain. A nice little cold front headed this way.

Fresh coffee for the afternoon crew. I'm thinking about a nap.

Dropped about 30 degrees over night here. I'm glad of it, frankly.

I hosted a Chess Challenge here yesterday so today is getting caught up with all the weekly chores. :rolleyes:

There's a plot bunny running round the garden but I cannot get it to add up - yet.
More Tea, I think.

Plot bunnies in the garden. How novel. :D

Takeout pizza for lunch and supper here. Not the best but cheap and easy.

Fresh coffee and kettle for the evening bunch.

Waiting for the cooler weather.

my solution is to drive past them and yell 'Hey, floozy, there's a Starbucks over there, go get a hot coffee in you for chrissake!' My husband says I have no class...

Oh so that was you! I can't help it if I find something extremely attractive about 90yo multi billionaires, honestly the have such warm bank accounts, errr, shit, I mean personalities, yes, warm personalities.

Yes, I have no morals, pool boy is cute though....

Stacey x

His Mum's rather nice, too. . . .

Gloom & Rain; that's today's outlook. In other words it am raining !

Time for a nice coffee.

No problem, for any, err I mean the right, multi billionaire I am more than flexible...

Very flexible....

Jeeze, don't all rush at once

Lol

Stacey x

Mornin', all. Back in what passes for civilization these days; really need a cup of Tex's famous starter fluid this morning.

Mornin', all. Back in what passes for civilization these days; really need a cup of Tex's famous starter fluid this morning.

Welcome back. I'm sure things are much more civilized than they were before you left. That improves all the time, right?

The coffee's good. The weather here this morning is cool and dry, but about a quarter of the state is freezing, some areas with heavy snow.

No problem, for any, err I mean the right, multi billionaire I am more than flexible...

Very flexible....

Jeeze, don't all rush at once

Lol

Stacey x

You should come on down, hun, the acres of shiny heads and gigantic bellies crammed into Speedo's is well-nigh irresistible; you'd have your pick of the 'low-hanging fruit' hem, hem...

When we get these guys in the ER, I can't help but think that at least the middle-aged beach wolves in Long Beach have the nous to look fit and healthy, most of these guys have one leg in the grave and the other in a banana-skin, better hurry, Stacey...

I'm away for a few days at another seaside resort.

I hope I'll be able to write some of the time.

I need coffee before negotiating the M25 - the world's longest car park.

Don't do anything that might frighten the horses while I'm away. The servants? You can't shock them. They're used to us. :)

You should come on down, hun, the acres of shiny heads and gigantic bellies crammed into Speedo's is well-nigh irresistible; you'd have your pick of the 'low-hanging fruit' hem, hem...

When we get these guys in the ER, I can't help but think that at least the middle-aged beach wolves in Long Beach have the nous to look fit and healthy, most of these guys have one leg in the grave and the other in a banana-skin, better hurry, Stacey...

Yes! So true. I need another coffee now!

Back