The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

I started to rearrange the living room furniture yesterday. After moving several items (some more than once), I didn't find anything I like. Today I'm putting things back. What a pain.

Oh, good Lord, Madam,
will you, for once, PLEASE, just take it steady ?
Do the plan - several times.
then; when you have it sorted. do the re-arrangements. :kiss:

You'd faint if you saw my house. :)
But I can do a nice coffee at need.
(for you, however, I'll have in some Dr P).

Last edited:
Oh, good Lord, Madam,
will you, for once, PLEASE, just take it steady ?
Do the plan - several times.
then; when you have it sorted. do the re-arrangements. :kiss:

You'd faint if you saw my house. :)
But I can do a nice coffee at need.
(for you, however, I'll have in some Dr P).

I have two more months before I can drive again. It's super easy to get bored.

:rose::kiss:

My dinner tonight was a roast of eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and onion. I didn't grow the onion (maybe next year), but everything else came from my garden. I also didn't grow the olive oil, black pepper, or the salt, but I did grow the oregano and the large amount of garlic used in the recipe.

I covered it all with reggiano parmesana, and I didn't make that either.

I finally had to just re-register. What this will do to my collection of stories I have no idea. Oh, and the control panel still won't load.

Last edited:
I didn't make any of supper but HM did. She was in the mood for Chile dogs. I love them so I certainly didn't argue with her. I ate three. :)

The boat swap ain't going to take long but it is a little complicated. We're swapping out the boat, the 2hp motor for a 4hp, the hand control trolling motor for a foot control. I gave him a package deal on the "upgrade". I'll add new base mounts for the running lights and use his light shafts.

He helped to get the old boat off the trailer and the new one on. I took the 2hp and hand control trolling motor in trade and got the new motor installed. I even ran it in the tank so he knows what he is getting. The seats were four screws each and I had to drill some pilot holes for the new trolling motor. All that is left is the new wiring.

I also found out his youngest daughter has graduated from college and is moving back to this area. She is a fishing nut so he now has a fishing partner.

Other than a few scratches the eight foot boat is in great shape. A little touch up and I'll put out a few ads around the local area as a package deal. It won't last long.

Enough about that stuff. Fresh coffee for the midnight crew.

Good Morning from a cool & cloudy England.
Well, the Pc booted up first try this morning; I'm quite pleased.

Time for some coffee, I think.

Good Morning from a cool & cloudy England.
Well, the Pc booted up first try this morning; I'm quite pleased.

Time for some coffee, I think.

Morning HP, I haven't stuck my head out the door yet to see what today looks like. Hot and sunny would be my first guess.

I've been fiddling with the two entries I have finished for the Summer contest. It starts tomorrow so I'll dump them in the hopper a little later today.

I'll freshen the coffee up before I take a short nap. Then it is on to the wiring for the boat. I figure I'll have everything done, tided up, and tested in about three hours or so. I already have the serial number and paperwork done with fish and wildlife, so all he'll have to do is go by and register it for his state tags.

Welcome to Toesday.

Oh yeah, a fresh, brand new Bear. :D I hope you get your problem cleared up.

Fresh coffee is available for those in need.

ETA: Three new stories submitted. Two for the contest and one not.

Last edited:
Bear, I know you tried to get in touch with Manu but have you tried Laurel. Try PMing her and let her know you have a story to post but you can't get your user CP to open in your original ID. Yes, there are problems with the user CP at present but your problem goes above and beyond.

Good Evening all.
a morning spent with my camera in a 'nature reserve' garden thing.
Great fun.

But for now? A Mug of decent tea, I reckon's the thing.

Evening all,

Sounds like a fun thing HP.

I spend most of the day vegetating. I think my sugar got low and I didn't realize it. At least I'm well rested but totally out of sync with the day. Maybe some writing will perk me up.

Fresh coffee for the midnight crew.

Evening all,

Sounds like a fun thing HP.

I spend most of the day vegetating. I think my sugar got low and I didn't realize it. At least I'm well rested but totally out of sync with the day. Maybe some writing will perk me up.

Fresh coffee for the midnight crew.

I would really like some coffee, but I'd best not, so late.

WOW! I go heads down in the writing and the whole gang shows up.

Both of my contest stories show today's date but are still listed as pending.

Both stories are live and the first vote on each is a 2. :D Don't you just love the trolls. Bless their little pointy heads.

Last edited:
WOW! I go heads down in the writing and the whole gang shows up.

Both of my contest stories show today's date but are still listed as pending.

Both stories are live and the first vote on each is a 2. :D Don't you just love the trolls. Bless their little pointy heads.

There's a gang? :p

There's a gang? :p

Oh yeah, with matching leather jackets and baseball caps on backwards. Oh wait, that was the old bohemian bar. We're just a loose group of people who hang around here since it's friendly. We discuss just about everything under the sun, which even includes writing occasionally. We're kind of a cross between the Last thread and a few more.

It's good to see you around more often these days. Come on in anytime. I'm here more often than not. It's my rest area between writing bouts.

Morning HP, there is afresh pot at the end of the counter.

Back