The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Coffee? Did somebody mention coffee? Yes, please!

My coffee cup is half-full, the other half having been already consumed.

Novels and Novellas has been an interesting experience. It seems like a quiet little place where you can read without being disturbed. If I were to post a story there again I'd break it into parts. Despite the name of the category, readers there don't seem to like reading long stories in one chunk.

After eight days up in the hub, my ghost story hasn't even made it to 1000 views. It's had only 19 votes and two comments (both from friends). It does have nine favorites, which is pretty good for the category.

I can't complain about the score.

Welcome to the end of the workweek as most people know it. Friday.

Okay, fresh coffee is under construction. Give it a few minutes and then help yourself.

The plans for the day are.... Uh, I've got my morning writing out of the way so.... Let me think on this. :eek:

We had hot air balloons in the air again. There were seven or so yesterday. This morning I didn't count them.

And Whew! We made it to Aug. 17th again. In the old movie "Time Machine" the world as we know it ended on Aug 16th, 1966 (if memory serves). For reason's I can't explain, I've marked the 16th every year since.

We had hot air balloons in the air again. There were seven or so yesterday. This morning I didn't count them.

And Whew! We made it to Aug. 17th again. In the old movie "Time Machine" the world as we know it ended on Aug 16th, 1966 (if memory serves). For reason's I can't explain, I've marked the 16th every year since.

I can't remember. Did it go out with a whimper or a bang?

Aug, 1966 I was stationed at Santa Anna Air Facility working on 34 and 46 helicopters. Six months later, I was in Vietnam.

Held down shift key, pushed 'reload' in the url block at the top of the page, still no control panel. And I don't see anything called Main. And Manu hasn't answered.

Sits drinking coffee in a sort-of daze thing about that pretty creature. . . . .

Morning HP, I'm up late or is that still. I took the ladies out to supper and a round of drinks and dancing last night. Got home a little before midnight and put them to bed. For some reason I'm wide awake and they are sleeping deeply.

Fresh coffee is ready for the early crowd.

Held down shift key, pushed 'reload' in the url block at the top of the page, still no control panel. And I don't see anything called Main. And Manu hasn't answered.

Try this way:

From Lit's front page go to Stories and Pics.

You should see your name as logged in. Click on your name.

That should take you to your main authors page:

If you are in the Old Control Panel Main should be top left. In the centre the first line should show "Please, proceed to your New Literotica Control Panel" as a link.

If you are in the New Control Panel the bottom of the first page should have a line of links with OLD CONTROL PANEL as the last one on the right.

Why, oh why, do 'developers' seem to change everything ?
I'm not suggesting everything stays as it was, just that, if the >appearance< of a programme is well known , why change it; add another box for the new stuff by all means, but leave the main stuff alone (Microsoft, please take note).

Meanwhile, I have fitted a new PSU and a new Graphics card and the 'white' PC seems to WORK

Oh - whoopie; Coffee all round, I think.

So when I click on my username all I get is the 'Control Panel' green box and the 'loading' sign . . . and it won't load.

Sorry Bear,
But I am unable to offer any practical help.

I think ye 'white' PC tower now works, even if it took another PSU, more RAM, another Graphics card and another [extra] fan.

But it is well past my bedtime and I'm off
G'night all

So when I click on my username all I get is the 'Control Panel' green box and the 'loading' sign . . . and it won't load.

People are reporting a number of problems on the tech support forum, mostly about missing or inconsistent content. I think loading is rather slow, but right now no-one is complaining about a failure to load.

It seems like the problem must be on your end. Can you try a different browser? Or maybe a mobile device?

Happy Sinday.

Fresh coffee is ready for the early birds and not so early birds.

I think I'm going to be lazy today.

I accept your kind offer of coffee with pleasure, good sir.

I must however note that, by virtue of having made that life-sustaining elixir, you have already dodged 'laziness' for the day. We are, of course, in your debt for that sacrifice on your part.

I accept your kind offer of coffee with pleasure, good sir.

I must however note that, by virtue of having made that life-sustaining elixir, you have already dodged 'laziness' for the day. We are, of course, in your debt for that sacrifice on your part.

:D The last sacrifice I made was fifty years ago to a couple of redheads but the memories are well worth it.

In any case, my laziness will have to be postponed for another day. A guy who bought one of my early eight foot boats wants to trade it in on a ten foot model with storage lockers. The easy part is, I have one in stock. The rub is, I think he wants me to transfer all his accessories, seats, and stuff over to the new one.

He's coming by in a little while so we can discuss it.

:D The last sacrifice I made was fifty years ago to a couple of redheads but the memories are well worth it.

In any case, my laziness will have to be postponed for another day. A guy who bought one of my early eight foot boats wants to trade it in on a ten foot model with storage lockers. The easy part is, I have one in stock. The rub is, I think he wants me to transfer all his accessories, seats, and stuff over to the new one.

He's coming by in a little while so we can discuss it.

So either HE does the transfer OR you charge him a decent sum for the job?
Meanwhile, it's turned cool, but my PC is [still] working :)

Time for an afternoon coffee, I think.

Sorry Bear,
But I am unable to offer any practical help.

I think ye 'white' PC tower now works, even if it took another PSU, more RAM, another Graphics card and another [extra] fan.

HP, respectfully, you remind me of my father. He had a bird feeder hung from a tree which was constantly raided by squirrels. Every so often, he would change something, add something, turn something around and the squirrels would be foiled.

For a couple of days - after which they would figure out how to bypass or circumvent the latest improvements.

So he'd add something else, change it a bit. That would work for another day or three.

Eventually I asked him why he didn't do this or that, things which would obviously stop the tree rats completely and permanently. He'd just smile and continue his incremental changes.

In retrospect (becoming clearer as I age myself), he got more satisfaction from the game than he could possibly have had from any potential victory.

I had to go the the grocery store early this morning to get a carton of milk. It was calm, cool, clear, and sunny. The streets were empty. It seems that the rest of those who were up were still in early mass.

Got a little writing in. Got my biscuits made and eaten. Lawn mowing is in the future. Maybe I'll get some more writing done first.

I started to rearrange the living room furniture yesterday. After moving several items (some more than once), I didn't find anything I like. Today I'm putting things back. What a pain.

Back