Strange Insults In Comments

A story that was published about six weeks ago is hanging in with a 4.39. But today, I got a comment ("I stopped reading after the first, incredibly stupid line.") which tells me that it's not for everyone. Oh well.

~BT73
What's the line? I must know.

Edit: I found it. The comment is still there. I hope you don't mind me posting your stupid stupid opening line here for everyone to see šŸ˜.

I've heard that smaller breasts are more sensitive.

You know, everyone says the loving wives misogynists where bad. But we've been overlooking the busty ladies cabal.

Last edited:
... time-slips (the two main characters lost six hours of time they could not account for) had no place in Romance,
Obviously, once you've let six whole hours slip through your fingers, you can never fall in love again.

Now I'm wondering. If I write a story about a writer of erotica who gets stupid comments, and I use actual comments I and y'all have gotten, is it plagiarism?

And if my character meets these 'fans' and they're all pathetic dorkspeds, is it libel?

Never heed criticism from anybody you wouldnā€™t ask for advice.
I don't entirely agree with that. The best criticisms are people giving you their impressions--how a scene or a character made them feel-- which doesn't take any literary knowledge.

I think it's more important to filter it through who you think your ideal reader is.

Back