Straight men who've suffered from insecurity or an inferiority complex due to penis size...

No, I’ve never had this issue before. I’m on the smaller side of average penis length wise but decently thick. I’ll say however that I’ve always had an attraction to women with big butts (like Kim kardashian sort) and I used to think that women with women with big butts would require me to have a longer dick length that what I had, assuming I needed more to pass the cheeks lol. But I’ve never lacked confidence per se.

I know this can also be a source of erotic excitement, for some men in some contexts, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about when you just feel like giving up, as far as competing with other men for women's sexual desire, because you know so many men have bigger dicks, and more than a few have very big dicks. Or, if you're already in a relationship, you go through that thought process that's guaranteed to make you feel useless sexually--you start wondering about some of the dicks your woman has had previously.
My question is this...I have found, pretty consistently, that I start having these feelings whenever I'm feeling poorly about myself in general, when my self-image isn't doing too well. The two go hand in hand. Is that what happens with you guys?
I think a lot of women have the same feelings about their boobs. That's why implants are so popular. Although there isn't much available for cock enhancement. You just need a woman that wants you for your money.

Back