Stories based on a song?

There was a Karaoke contest here a while back. Write stories based on songs. I’ve used tunes many times in my works. Here are a few examples-

- Van Halen’s Ain’t Talking About Love in Ruleskirter. Young couple doesn’t want to admit they have it bad for each other. Also features music from Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and old time jazz crooners in non-erotic scenes.

- I Wanna Come Over by Melissa Etheridge in Passion 3. FMC’s second lesbian hookup is in a club- it felt appropriate. :D

- Various songs about running for a stalker score scene in Running Down a Dream. The chase in Beijing Streakers also features Run Lola Run music.

- Nickelback’s Save Me in Passion 4 for a couple in conflict over religious differences. Story also features a lot of Sarah Hudson tunes, since they’re appropriate for the story and Sarah’s the tertiary female lead. The Marvin Gaye song featured in the swimming pool scene at the end was inspired by real events according to the actress Erika Christensen.

- Lots of Lindsay Pagano music in Compensation. It is her story. Kratos and Freya make love to music from their game in my God of War Ragnarok tale.

- Doug and his old crush Emily dance to Garth Brooks’ Unanswered Prayers in Fire Woman, Cult’s Fire Woman also, before enjoying a casual threesome with his wife.

I’ve also been inspired by Demi Lovato, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, George Michael, and various other artists for lines at least.

Writing erotica seems to have changed my perception of things. I'm always looking for sexy ideas or stories. On my way into town the song Your Love by the Outfield came on and I was singing along and realized that is a fucking your ex story. That might be fun to write. Anyone done a story based on a song?

Josie's on a vacation far away
Come around and talk it over
So many things that I want to say
You know I like my girls a little bit older

I just want to use your love tonight
I don't want to lose your love tonight

I ain't got many friends left to talk to
Nowhere to run when I'm in trouble
You know I'd do anything for you
Stay the night but keep it under cover

Try to stop my hands from shaking
But something in my mind's not making sense
It's been a while since we were all alone
But I can't hide the way I'm feeling

As you're leaving please would you close the door?
And don't forget what I told you
Just 'cause you're right that don't mean I'm wrong
Another shoulder to cry upon

Contact Lynne.
She's done this song thing a time or two.

Writing erotica seems to have changed my perception of things. I'm always looking for sexy ideas or stories. On my way into town the song Your Love by the Outfield came on and I was singing along and realized that is a fucking your ex story. That might be fun to write. Anyone done a story based on a song?
I haven't written one based on a song, but I included references to a lot of "stripper" songs in my series Who's Being Pursued? The MFC is a mature woman who enjoys dancing for her conquests. It was a lot of fun researching the songs and the lyrics, and choosing the ones that seemed appropriate for the character and the scene.

My series Kyliegh's Mom was born of my desire to write about Stacey's Mom by Fountains of Wayne. While the lyrics to Stacey's Mom don't mention age, the band's video shows obvious minors, so I punted to avoid the rule against artificial aging and included references to the song. In my story, Stacy's mom breaks up Kyliegh's mom's marriage. Kyliegh and her mom relocate and her mom ends up having sex with one of Kyliegh's male college friends.

Back