Stimulating writing experiences

So I have had a couple of these.

It doesn’t have to be a collaboration story, but what has been your most stimulating writing experience?
I have adored working with other writers. Here are two things which have come out of these collaborations:

Double Stopping (with CuriousAnnie)

Fuck-Talk (with Violet_Vixen)

Both very different, see. Working with other writers teases me out of my comfort zones. Anyone interested...?

EB is an old hand at writing and it was great to have the safety net of his experience, so that I could write something fantastical into a straight story, but be able to turn to him and say 'Is it okay to do this?' to see him nodding. It's called Transgendence on my list but adds a chapter to his Floating World series.
Also, Their Summer in France, which is a delicate little piece.

Shortly after I started writing on Lit, some nine years ago now, I collaborated with Sandy Munroe on A Night at the Theatre. We worked simultaneously on the same Google doc, often arguing over some phrase or description.

Since then I haven't really collaborated with anyone. I'm fussy and uncompromising as an author. Vale Ch. 01: Happy Birthday started out as a collaboration with @ScrappyPaperDoodler and was great fun; and Author of Cuckoldry was a rewrite of a substantial draft given to me by @CFNMhubby that went some very interesting places.

I've also had some pleasant experiences as a volunteer editor where I've been able to comment constructively on other authors' works.

Shortly after I started writing on Lit, some nine years ago now, I collaborated with Sandy Munroe on A Night at the Theatre. We worked simultaneously on the same Google doc, often arguing over some phrase or description.

Since then I haven't really collaborated with anyone. I'm fussy and uncompromising as an author. Vale Ch. 01: Happy Birthday started out as a collaboration with @ScrappyPaperDoodler and was great fun; and Author of Cuckoldry was a rewrite of a substantial draft given to me by @CFNMhubby that went some very interesting places.

I've also had some pleasant experiences as a volunteer editor where I've been able to comment constructively on other authors' works.
To be clear upfront, this isn't an ask or an offer, but if I shortlisted the authors I've met here that I would like to work with on a project, you'd be at or at least near the top. I like your style and I think we'd be able to find subject matter of mutual interest, judging by your diverse and extensive catalog. I'm not sure I've developed 'street cred' enough to seriously suggest anything of the sort with anyone, and anyway I can barely find the time to keep writing my own smut, so I'm only bringing it up as a compliment of sorts.
:giggle:

To be clear upfront, this isn't an ask or an offer, but if I shortlisted the authors I've met here that I would like to work with on a project, you'd be at or at least near the top. I like your style and I think we'd be able to find subject matter of mutual interest, judging by your diverse and extensive catalog. I'm not sure I've developed 'street cred' enough to seriously suggest anything of the sort with anyone, and anyway I can barely find the time to keep writing my own smut, so I'm only bringing it up as a compliment of sorts.
Psst… he’s a boy

[sorry I’ve been way too serious today and it’s @Bamagan - him and @AwkwardlySet are allowed]

Em

Do you have a man bag?
Men's bags are odd things - like miniature elephants and there's even a trunk. If you have a bag, why would you need a trunk? Too much baggage... Maybe that's why men are always trying to get their rocks off: it's a weight problem?
I may be over tired

Do you have a man bag?
Men's bags are odd things - like miniature elephants and there's even a trunk. If you have a bag, why would you need a trunk? Too much baggage... Maybe that's why men are always trying to get their rocks off: it's a weight problem?
I may be over tired
Me? No, but I do haversack.
Bamagan is a portmanteau of Bama (from Alabama) where I was born and Gan (Michigan), which was my favorite of the dozen or so other places I have lived.

Do you have a man bag?
I may be over tired
I was going to ask if you are feeling feverish, hun 👩‍⚕️

The simple answer to this would probably be when I first started submitting my stories here to the website in the middle of Summer and I didn't get the negative backlash I expected when 'competing' with native English speakers. It made me realize that even though my English is far from perfect, it does seem to be good enough for most readers when paired with a great storyline. I feel like it has truly helped my confidence, and made me believe that maybe my non-erotic fiction could reach an international market one day!

Very kind of you, and we do seem to play well in the poetry corners, so let's try it one day.
Off t' bed, now. Too sleepy for all the energy here.

The simple answer to this would probably be when I first started submitting my stories here to the website in the middle of Summer and I didn't get the negative backlash I expected when 'competing' with native English speakers. It made me realize that even though my English is far from perfect, it does seem to be good enough for most readers when paired with a great storyline. I feel like it has truly helped my confidence, and made me believe that maybe my non-erotic fiction could reach an international market one day!
That’s so cool 😎

Very kind of you, and we do seem to play well in the poetry corners, so let's try it one day.
Off t' bed, now. Too sleepy for all the energy here.
And ignore the dumb blonde behind the curtain.

Em

You'll be pleased to know that I have written at least one story (in Swedish) which featured tentacles in it! Non-erotic, but still! 🐙
I don’t know, you write one 61,000 word story with two giant cephalopods and everyone thinks…

OK, you may have a point.

Em

A stimulating writing experience for me was getting to write the apparent first celebrity fantasy stories for many actresses when I first got started. When I wrote “Fear, Lust, and Vanity”, ScarJo and Keira Knightley had no other fanfics on the site where I was publishing. Rachel McAdams had a few. Then I wrote “The Rendezvous” femslashing four other actresses that had been hot for years without such fanfics- and found out there was a troll stigma attached to at least one of them. Determination to counter those idiots when they shamed my fandom and having one later call my work “freaking awesome” after he bothered to actually read it was very invigorating. ;) I’ve also stimulated myself to write by considering challenging plots, character arcs, and complex backgrounds to weave together.

Relevant links-

https://literotica.com/s/fear-lust-and-vanity (This is femslash based on a model magazine cover photo shoot. Rachel McAdams, ScarJo, and Keira Knightley are posing nude for Vanity Fair and get excited about it.)

https://literotica.com/s/the-rendezvous-ch-01-1 (Keri Russell works with Alicia Witt, Evan Rachel Wood, and Erika Christensen on a tragedy film with many sex jokes and they become very good friends with benefits).

Last edited:
Back