Stimulating writing experiences

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
So I have had a couple of these.

First, as I’m sure many are well aware, @Djmac1031 and I have collaborated on our respective series touching on the supernatural (his Angels & Demons Saga is highly creative and equally highly recommended). Trying to even loosely entwine six stories was both complicated and rewarding. I think it only worked as we both have a low ego approach to writing (if maybe not everything else in my case 😬).

Second, and more recently, I’ve been working with the super-talented @EStaccato - we aren’t sharing a Universe as I did with DJ, but we are sharing characters. Her first story will be out soon, but please check out her super hot (and deeply emotional) other work in the meantime. Her story, The Storm, is also up for a 2022 award in the anal category. Read and vote for it.

I know that @ElectricBlue and @stickygirl have also collaborated. It doesn’t have to be a collaboration story, but what has been your most stimulating writing experience?

Em

It would have to be one of my earliest stories. Let's go with "That LIttle Bitch." It isn't a high-rated story. It isn't an especially sexy story. It was my second story ever, and the initial votes and views were staggering. They stimulated my imagination about what could happen.

I haven't collaborated with anyone, unless you count occasionally trying to set up a joke here on the threads and hoping someone will spike it.

It would have to be one of my earliest stories. Let's go with "That LIttle Bitch." It isn't a high-rated story. It isn't an especially sexy story. It was my second story ever, and the initial votes and views were staggering. They stimulated my imagination about what could happen.
Sounds like a formative experience.

Em

Oh! Does someone need a hug?

🫂🫂🫂

Em
As long as you don't take any liberties... :LOL:
tumblr_n56nf9Q28d1rlb6iho2_400.gif

I’m usually fine collaborating with my muses, but I did take part in a idea game story related chain a few years ago here (my Metal Gear story is part of that) and a few other collaborations in which I lost interest. Round Robin stories are difficult.

Again - I know I cited collabs. But - as per @NotWise - it could be any experience. Your first story. Your first well-received story. Your first effort in a new category.

Em

I suppose people are probably getting sick of us mentioning The Devil And Angel Em, but since you brought it up, let me think if I can add any more to it:

It wasn't a thing we planned. "Hey, let's write a story together."

It started as a joke. We were talking about outlandish story ideas or something, and I joked I was going to write a story about her.

Emily shot back: "Do I get to be a nun?"

We went on from there, still strictly joking about the premise, which grew more outlandish as we went:

A sexy, virginal nun, who was still somehow into kinky sex, who gets convinced to fuck a stranger to save his soul from the Devil.

Crazy idea, right?

But the more we talked about it, the more the story actually took hold, until we finally had something I thought might actually work as more than just a goof or parody.

And so I started writing about this guy named Job, who meets The Devil Herself in a cheap bar and makes a deal; she makes him a sexy stud in exchange for his soul.

Without retelling the whole story, he eventually gets challenged to seduce a young nun named Sister Emily in order to win his soul back.

I was hesitant about actually using the name "Emily,"just because I knew it might stir a few rumors.

But both Emily and I had a firm grasp on the difference between author Emily and character "Emily."

It was most definitely a collaborative effort. Yes, I wrote it. But Emily pitched ideas, scenarios, proofread, corrected, helped guide characterization and course correct when it felt off.

What made the whole process stimulating was the back and forth nature of it.

Writing on my own, I had no second opinion. No one to point out errors or make suggestions.

Or even tell me if it was any good, or just crap.

Having Em along throughout the process made it VERY different for me, and also allowed me to step outside my comfort zone and explore some kinks I may not have otherwise.

And oh boy, how our fantasy story world has grown from that first collaboration 😆.

I suppose people are probably getting sick of us mentioning The Devil And Angel Em, but since you brought it up, let me think if I can add any more to it:

It wasn't a thing we planned. "Hey, let's write a story together."

It started as a joke. We were talking about outlandish story ideas or something, and I joked I was going to write a story about her.

Emily shot back: "Do I get to be a nun?"

We went on from there, still strictly joking about the premise, which grew more outlandish as we went:

A sexy, virginal nun, who was still somehow into kinky sex, who gets convinced to fuck a stranger to save his soul from the Devil.

Crazy idea, right?

But the more we talked about it, the more the story actually took hold, until we finally had something I thought might actually work as more than just a goof or parody.

And so I started writing about this guy named Job, who meets The Devil Herself in a cheap bar and makes a deal; she makes him a sexy stud in exchange for his soul.

Without retelling the whole story, he eventually gets challenged to seduce a young nun named Sister Emily in order to win his soul back.

I was hesitant about actually using the name "Emily,"just because I knew it might stir a few rumors.

But both Emily and I had a firm grasp on the difference between author Emily and character "Emily."

It was most definitely a collaborative effort. Yes, I wrote it. But Emily pitched ideas, scenarios, proofread, corrected, helped guide characterization and course correct when it felt off.

What made the whole process stimulating was the back and forth nature of it.

Writing on my own, I had no second opinion. No one to point out errors or make suggestions.

Or even tell me if it was any good, or just crap.

Having Em along throughout the process made it VERY different for me, and also allowed me to step outside my comfort zone and explore some kinks I may not have otherwise.

And oh boy, how our fantasy story world has grown from that first collaboration 😆.
It was super fun.

And it was based primarily on being goofy friends. That might seem odd on a sex site, particularly one as obsessed with conspiracy theories as this one, but people can share a smut-writing hobby and still be friends.

Em

I guess I actually have collaborated with someone, in the sense that I took over (with permission) a 'stub' of a story that the someone in question started and wrote a middle and an end to it. It didn't really feel like a collab since there was no back and forth, more of a passing the baton/torch kind of thing. But I did enjoy the unusual (for me) challenge of trying to write the other person's characters consistently, at least until events in my part of the story justified changes.

I guess I actually have collaborated with someone, in the sense that I took over (with permission) a 'stub' of a story that the someone in question started and wrote a middle and an end to it. It didn't really feel like a collab since there was no back and forth, more of a passing the baton/torch kind of thing. But I did enjoy the unusual (for me) challenge of trying to write the other person's characters consistently, at least until events in my part of the story justified changes.

I can see that as an interesting challenge. You wanna remain true to the original authors intent while finding your own voice.

I am co-ploting with another writer on his hotwife story. I've enjoyed the project so far. We work on the plot together, he writes a chapter, I do some edits and he finalizes the draft. The story is on a hiatus as my friend is working on his Masters.

First, as I’m sure many are well aware, @Djmac1031 and I have collaborated on our respective series touching on the supernatural (his Angels & Demons Saga is highly creative and equally highly recommended). Trying to even loosely entwine six stories was both complicated and rewarding. I think it only worked as we both have a low ego approach to writing (if maybe not everything else in my case 😬).

Second, and more recently, I’ve been working with the super-talented @EStaccato - we aren’t sharing a Universe as I did with DJ, but we are sharing characters. Her first story will be out soon, but please check out her super hot (and deeply emotional) other work in the meantime. Her story, The Storm, is also up for a 2022 award in the anal category. Read and vote for it.

I know that @ElectricBlue and @stickygirl have also collaborated. It doesn’t have to be a collaboration story, but what has been your most stimulating writing experience?

Em
Since most of my writing process involves towels and toys in my ass, they’re all pretty stimulating. But the works inspired by members take it up a step. Passing segments to Emily… easily the MOST stimulating. With no shortage of musing.

Also one of the few stories I’ve written with almost no plot. And I’m good with that :) Hoping to finish proofing soon…

I've done some collaborative writing exercises with people before, and enjoyed it. It's definitely a different sort of experience. I've never written a collaborative story to completion. But would be willing to try, with the right partner.

And I do have a very stimulating experience nearly every time I write erotica, in almost every sense of the word.

I made a crude but relatively okay map of my fantasy world. It was strangely elating and rewarding work, even though it took a few hours only. Maybe it is because I am so terrible at drawing that anything that looks like something makes me excited...

Well, it has to be my first story. It's a recording of a vivid fantasy I had. It took some mental effort to get over the hump of actually writing this stuff down and then publishing it. It was the beginning of a lot more writing than I ever expected to undertake. (Though not a lot by Lit standards). The story link is in my signature. The description of how this came about is also in my signature. Also in my reply to "One interesting thing about yourself." My reply

I haven't written a collab since well before I joined Lit.

But I've gotten a lot of food for thought out of beta-reading/editing and giving feedback for others. As I think I mentioned in another thread recently, reading a story that doesn't feel quite right and then trying to grab hold of why it doesn't feel right (and hopefully, how it could be fixed) is good for developing my own ideas about writing. I've also had some great stimulation from my own beta readers.

Writing Red Scarf was stimulating in a self-expression kind of way - making myself be more open about things that I'm used to masking - and also through the feedback I got from beta readers along the way. In particular, I asked @Vix_Giovanni for feedback on one of the last chapters, and she helped me realise that it was badly flawed and needed to be torn down and rebuilt; my immediate reaction was "what the hell, I thought this was FINISHED and now I have to do it again, argh" but it's so much better as a result. @LesbianChickLit gave me feedback on early chapters that made me realise my narrator was not quite as pure-hearted as I'd been thinking, and once I saw that I was able to work with it more consciously later in the story. And as with all my recent stories @AwkwardMD was great for analysing stuff in depth and provoking me to think more closely about characters and relationships.

Loss Function and The Floggings Will Continue were both stimulating in that I was trying to write something outside my usual patch and outside my comfort zone.

"Stimulating writing experiences" is broad and I had many moments where I was proud of my work, but I still remember now how I wrote Deviant Empire in one straight month while doing absolutely nothing else, just wake up, write, occasionally eat and go to the toilet, go to sleep, repeat. I was sick back then with that surprise flu that everyone got and it still did not slow me down until I had to spend an entire day bedridden, no joke as I went to sleep and woke up two days later. It was a moment where I was gripped by inspiration hard. True, I had the outline of the story from start to end, but that energy was something else.

~snip~

Em
EB initially asked me to advise on a trans character he'd created, but I went beyond my brief by pointing out minor details that didn't work for me. He was gracious enough to take my comments on board, but then the unexpected happened because I fell in love with one of his characters and borrowed her for my own evil devices.
He then suggested we create a joint story by writing a thousand words then passing it back. The essential ingredient was mutual respect: accepting corrections and listening to the other's fresh ideas.
EB is an old hand at writing and it was great to have the safety net of his experience, so that I could write something fantastical into a straight story, but be able to turn to him and say 'Is it okay to do this?' to see him nodding. It's called Transgendence on my list but adds a chapter to his Floating World series.

Back