Stimulating writing experiences

So I have had a couple of these.

First, as I’m sure many are well aware, @Djmac1031 and I have collaborated on our respective series touching on the supernatural (his Angels & Demons Saga is highly creative and equally highly recommended). Trying to even loosely entwine six stories was both complicated and rewarding. I think it only worked as we both have a low ego approach to writing (if maybe not everything else in my case 😬).

Second, and more recently, I’ve been working with the super-talented @EStaccato - we aren’t sharing a Universe as I did with DJ, but we are sharing characters. Her first story will be out soon, but please check out her super hot (and deeply emotional) other work in the meantime. Her story, The Storm, is also up for a 2022 award in the anal category. Read and vote for it.

I know that @ElectricBlue and @stickygirl have also collaborated. It doesn’t have to be a collaboration story, but what has been your most stimulating writing experience?

Em
I am currently trying to write a story in every themed Literotica category (no Audio, Non-English, Illustrated etc) featuring my recurring MC. This has really got me thinking in different ways, and has stimulated me in major ways creatively. Writing Sci-Fi and Anal stories have given me a real thrill. Unfortunately no collaborations for me, as I do not play well with others.

Everything I’ve done with AwkwardMD, though it could be argued that the most stimulating is always the next one. Our collaborations are here.

Of my own, publishing the first one was exhilarating for the reasons Devinter listed. Beyond that, Interstellar and Arctic Night have given me a lot personally. In Between was stimulating but in a bad way.

I'd be up to a full collaboration (vs what my friend and I did of writing separate but linked stories) but I feel like my style is on the chaotic side so I would probably annoy the shit out of a more streamlined/plan-based writer unless they were up to the challenge of reining in my shenanigans.

You never know. I’m a pantser through and through, while AwkwardMD is prone to do outlines, but it seems I can outline with her and she can pants with me.

You'll be pleased to know that I have written at least one story (in Swedish) which featured tentacles in it! Non-erotic, but still! 🐙

Nå men ja! Jag var skrämd for en stund där men kanske Sverige är inte for närma! Du är inte finlandssvensk är du?

Nå men ja! Jag var skrämd for en stund där men kanske Sverige är inte for närma! Du är inte finlandssvensk är du?

No need to be scared - I am harmless. 😅 No, I am not 'Finlandssvensk' but I definitely have a thing for that accent! I am just good old 'regular Swedish', though I am fascinated by the Finnish culture and the people living there's tenacity. Truly remarkable.

No need to be scared - I am harmless. 😅 No, I am not 'Finlandssvensk' but I definitely have a thing for that accent! I am just good old 'regular Swedish', though I am fascinated by the Finnish culture and the people living there's tenacity. Truly remarkable.

Takes some sisu to live in these northern woods. Well anyway, howdy there, neighbor.

I am currently trying to write a story in every themed Literotica category (no Audio, Non-English, Illustrated etc) featuring my recurring MC. This has really got me thinking in different ways, and has stimulated me in major ways creatively. Writing Sci-Fi and Anal stories have given me a real thrill. Unfortunately no collaborations for me, as I do not play well with others.
My slightly obsessive personality was drawn to this challenge. Then I thought I’d end up writing stuff just to finish and I wasn’t so enamored of that idea. Good luck to you though 😊.

Em

My slightly obsessive personality was drawn to this challenge. Then I thought I’d end up writing stuff just to finish and I wasn’t so enamored of that idea. Good luck to you though 😊.

Em
Many thanks! I've really been enjoying it, though some categories obviously concern me...

My immediate question is why? Write the story that best fits the category. Just because a story has anal sex does not put it into that category. Go for telling a story, a good story with a plot. Not just a sex scene. I think you will find more gratification.

My immediate question is why? Write the story that best fits the category. Just because a story has anal sex does not put it into that category. Go for telling a story, a good story with a plot. Not just a sex scene. I think you will find more gratification.
Why? Because I'm enjoying the experience, and I'm finding it to be an entertaining writing challenge. Also, I don't believe I'm doing any of the things that you've actually accused me of here. I'm not just writing sex scenes. The level of quality of my stories is for others to determine, but I believe I am actually telling stories, as you suggest in your advice to me. Also, I am finding A LOT of gratification doing this, so you don't have to worry yourself one little bit about me. Thanks for your concern though, it is much appreciated.

In my case, I’m not really interested in depth in Anal or BDSM. Letters & Transcripts is also something hard for me to approach. My stories are also multi dimensional as far as categories in many cases.

Also, I don't believe I'm doing any of the things that you've actually accused me of here.
I was not 'accusing' you of anything. I was merely curious. I had to go look at your profile. I've read a few of your stories and liked them. Your choice of how and what you write is completely up to you. You might want to see how your views vary. A follower might see the crossover but most will not. Of course you can gin up new followers as well.

On a side note, I feel some of the categories are poorly read. There are several where I maybe read once or twice in the years I've been reading here. Usually because I saw a reference to a submission.

I also find a few categories to be potentially dangerous.

I was not 'accusing' you of anything. I was merely curious. I had to go look at your profile. I've read a few of your stories and liked them. Your choice of how and what you write is completely up to you. You might want to see how your views vary. A follower might see the crossover but most will not. Of course you can gin up new followers as well.

On a side note, I feel some of the categories are poorly read. There are several where I maybe read once or twice in the years I've been reading here. Usually because I saw a reference to a submission.

I also find a few categories to be potentially dangerous.
I agree, yes, some of the categories do concern me, and some are certainly not "well read", as born out in my views on categories like "Non-Erotic", "Reviews & Essays". That said, I really enjoyed writing my stories for those categories. Thanks muchly for checking out some of my stories, and for your kind words. I really do appreciate the feedback.

So I have had a couple of these.

First, as I’m sure many are well aware, @Djmac1031 and I have collaborated on our respective series touching on the supernatural (his Angels & Demons Saga is highly creative and equally highly recommended). Trying to even loosely entwine six stories was both complicated and rewarding. I think it only worked as we both have a low ego approach to writing (if maybe not everything else in my case 😬).

Second, and more recently, I’ve been working with the super-talented @EStaccato - we aren’t sharing a Universe as I did with DJ, but we are sharing characters. Her first story will be out soon, but please check out her super hot (and deeply emotional) other work in the meantime. Her story, The Storm, is also up for a 2022 award in the anal category. Read and vote for it.

I know that @ElectricBlue and @stickygirl have also collaborated. It doesn’t have to be a collaboration story, but what has been your most stimulating writing experience?

Em
This will sound simplistic...
Gonna say it anyway....
Every time I write something. It stimulates and excites me. every single time.
I have experienced working with other writers. I once wrote a trilogy with two other writers. It was intense, and particularly difficult. For the first time, I had to consider, how I wrote, what I wrote, and it had definite start and finish points. Our characters had to align, which made me approach writing from a different perspective.... I had to eliminate anarchy.
Was it more stimulating than writing by myself? NO... Was it more intense? Yes.
I get excited writing a shopping list, so I'm easily pleased.

Cagivagurl

I get excited writing a shopping list, so I'm easily pleased.

Asparagus, carrots, cucumber, pizza, lasagna, chips...
chips!
Doo doo doo doo doo (ci-boom, ci-boom, boom)
Doo doo doo doo doo (ci-boom, ci-boom, boom)
Doo doo doo doo doo

“Potentially dangerous?”

“Relax. In this state, that only limits you to three handguns or less.”

- The Simpsons

Back