Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

There's always Black Spider.

In "Young Justice," he was a member of The League of Shadows/Assassins, and he seemed to be an evil version of Spidey from Greg Weisman's "Spectacular Spider-Man" series.

I've mentioned him in the thread that Arrow and Artemis teamed up on him before, but no reason Venom couldn't go up against someone of his own weight class.

Nevyn, do you want me to wait on Light and Grundy's reactions to The Marvels until you get a chance to post again as Beetle, or do you want me to post that stuff to inform your response?

Please feel free to post Chas, because my next idea was going to kill us both, probably.

Tertius, did you want me to post first or did you want to go?

I'm formulating a post, but I don't want to contradict anything you're working on.

Agreed.

Maybe... now that some of those items have been worked out, maybe the think tank behind DC's CW verse will be able to bring the show back next year.

Yeah, maybe this episode will be serve as a "backdoor pilot," and if it does well in the ratings and stuff they'll spin it off into its own series again!

I may have gone a little over the top with the last line, but I think I was channeling some of my 80s action hero fan-boyness.

I dont know about anyone else, but I am holding off, because I happen to think that Rose deserves to be the one who takes out her dad. If she can, I mean. We can back her up, but she should take the final shot. Everybody else?

I dont know about anyone else, but I am holding off, because I happen to think that Rose deserves to be the one who takes out her dad. If she can, I mean. We can back her up, but she should take the final shot. Everybody else?

She currently doesn't have the power to take out a Marvel. He could just keep popping her like a zit, she'd grow back, rinse and repeat.

BUT!

If Jaime does the energy pattern disruption on SHAZAM!Grant and returns him to his unDialed state, she can punk him before he can Dial out again.

*reads Lunars post and sputters, mouth opening and closing softly with no sound emerging for long minutes*

Sonofabitch.

That they frelling are.

...we may have to do some kind of timeskip soon for the Pittsburgh contingent, to catch them up to the Gotham team?

They're still in daylight in Pittsburgh whereas Gotham is two hours before sun-up on the following day.

I don't mean to complicate matters.

#shitArtemiscando

she%20is%20a%20legend_zpszgnem09g.gif

Last edited:
Out of curiousity,, without weapons or superpowers, who can take on Sportsmaster?

I have a feeling that Black Canary and Wildcat will be able to handle him?

Out of curiousity,, without weapons or superpowers, who can take on Sportsmaster?

I have a feeling that Black Canary and Wildcat will be able to handle him?

In the Young Justice series on which my version of Sportsmaster is based, he was able to stand up to low level metahumans like Deathstroke and Black Manta. I kind of set him up to be roughly equivalent to Batman in his prime, that level of ruthless dedication and raw talent. The kind of scary opponent that Malcolm Merlyn was when he first showed up as The Black Arrow.

The Arrowverse PoC version of Wildcat got trounced by a whitewashed, non-meta version of Brick, which I thought was a total ripoff, but it's canon.

Black Canary and Wildcat might be able to tag-team Sportsmaster, especially if Laurel didn't have access to her Canary Cry, but he'd give them a run for their money.

Last edited:
Funny that you should mention it. It was in Young Justice that I actually rooted for him to kick the heck out of Black Manta. I don't like that dude at all.

They're both different flavors of Worst Dad Ever.

Kaldur noted that Manta at least had some nobility to him, which I can kind of respect.

And at least Sportsmaster was willing to back off and further his daughter's goals when they were to his liking.

But neither one of them are exactly what I'd call a role model.

Back