Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

If your version of Blue Beetle does prove to dislike Apokoliptian technology, then Scarlet Scarab, as an "opposite" of Blue, would prove similarly vulnerable to technology from New Genesis.

Hypothetically, Scarlet Scarab would also be alarmed and aggravated by members of the Sinestro/Yellow Lantern Corps, just as Blue Beetle would be by Green Lanterns.

I can't find a good picture of it, and that's annoying, but my idea for what Red Tornado looks like under Apokoliptian control is how he looked during his time with The Leymen, or Primal Force-- from just after Zero Hour. He was all dinged up and his cape was tattered.

It's a little like this, but his eye would be intact.

823658-tornado_1.jpg

These are some images of Reddy that I had found but couldn't decide which I wanted to use.

I think this is the one you were referring to?

36915-5253-41286-1-primal-force.jpg

These two just struck me as very Apokoliptan in design:

Red_Volcano.png

And for some reason this one really seemed to fit my thoughts, but maybe too far altered? I welcome your thoughts, maybe we can decide together what works best?

Amazo_015.jpg

I've always preferred him with the slots for eyes and the slot for a mouth look, which is one reason I was really hoping to specifically evoke the "Primal Force" kind of visual. Thank you for finding a zoomed in version of that "August" cover, all I could find was Pintrest thumbnails. That's a look that's really close to my heart. Later designs, like during that "Justice League of America" run after "Infinite Crisis," they gave him a more human face-- but that doesn't look like Reddy to me.

The one with a triangle on his chest is actually Red Volcano, who is scary as Hell and probably would fit right in with Darkseid's crew. It might actually be interesting if Darkseid had access to all of Tornado's "family," Red Torpedo, Red Inferno, Red Volcano?

Perhaps he does? I mean, Reddy and his Kin are far more advanced than anything terrestrial in nature? Perhaps they were New God or Apokoliptian tech? If we go with the "August" Look for Reddy I am fine with that. I have to get a couple replies up today! Lets see what I can lets done.

Perhaps he does? I mean, Reddy and his Kin are far more advanced than anything terrestrial in nature? Perhaps they were New God or Apokoliptian tech? If we go with the "August" Look for Reddy I am fine with that. I have to get a couple replies up today! Lets see what I can lets done.

Thomas Oscar Morrow always was ahead of his time.

Maybe Darkseid recruited him from this timeline to be like his Hephaestus.

Thank you, Lunar, I appreciate the wiggle-room on his look. Believe it or not, his appearance comes into play for something I have in mind.

Yes I did just post a post where Venom clearly states that he'd make blood flow.

Hardened soldier. Alien symbiote. Guess it is time for Ollie to have THE TALK with John and Venom :p

What series are you reading?

ATM I'm reading Marc Spector Moon Knight. Yup original series, fresh from the download bench.

That particular Superman comic I found in a Bargain bin, no cover and as of this moment, gone as well. I can't find it anywhere.

ATM I'm reading Marc Spector Moon Knight. Yup original series, fresh from the download bench.

That particular Superman comic I found in a Bargain bin, no cover and as of this moment, gone as well. I can't find it anywhere.

That sucks! I hate when that happens and I will obsess forever on how it ended if I can never find it. I will get something up today, yesterday was sort of derailed.

I honestly binge watched Tabletop. Sorry.

If you do come across it, look at the bottom of the first page, it may have fine print that talks about the volume and issue number and "all related indicia" legalese, I'd be interested to find out what era that was from.

That sucks! I hate when that happens and I will obsess forever on how it ended if I can never find it. I will get something up today, yesterday was sort of derailed.

I honestly binge watched Tabletop. Sorry.

You've got nothing to apologize for!

The other night I watched "Brooklyn 9-9" for like 5 hours.

It's deceptively intelligent for how ridiculous it is.

I dig it.

It's like a Klingonese/Martian mash-up, and I very much approve.

Also: friendly reminder that Redwood would register on Beetle's scans as being a creature of both The Green and The Red, the astral planes of plants and animals respectively.

For that matter, Grundy's a creature of The Green himself, though corrupted.

I dig it.

It's like a Klingonese/Martian mash-up, and I very much approve.

Also: friendly reminder that Redwood would register on Beetle's scans as being a creature of both The Green and The Red, the astral planes of plants and animals respectively.

For that matter, Grundy's a creature of The Green himself, though corrupted.

I can address that in my next post and keep the flow going. I thought I should keep the focus on what was in front of me and that Jaime would want to try and help Manhunter and Supergirl before anything else.

I can address that in my next post and keep the flow going. I thought I should keep the focus on what was in front of me and that Jaime would want to try and help Manhunter and Supergirl before anything else.

Sounds exactly right. Jaime has quite a lot to put up with at the moment. Still, if he targets Grundy, The Green will be present in scans.

The Redwood thing might not be immediately germane, but I point it out now for future reference.

Sounds exactly right. Jaime has quite a lot to put up with at the moment. Still, if he targets Grundy, The Green will be present in scans.

The Redwood thing might not be immediately germane, but I point it out now for future reference.

I admit, I'm struggling with the solution to the problem here. I want to post more than just another useless fighting post, but anything J'K'Ahime pulls out to stop Grant, will also annihilate himself. That might be worth doing anyway, if the stakes are high enough...but I'm not sure. I have never read the comics, only had access to the cartoons and the wikipedia pages and comic vines and such sites. There is a lot of info about Blue Beetle, but it is still all generalities. It wont answer complex questions, like; could J'K'Ahime emit mystical energy if he was willing to kill himself? There IS one idea that I will try, but the result could be pretty bad.

You went with a pretty solid option! I'm impressed, and Chris probably will be too!

It's been shown that properly united, Jaime and Khaji can overpower a Warrior-class Beetle in that fashion, which is a pretty impressive feat for a lowly Scout.

With regard to magic: Khaji can counter magic by specifically configuring an energy pattern disruption to cancel it out, but it's just like solving for "x" in an equation, just gotta make both sides of the equal sign balance out. He doesn't have any inherent understanding of magic, and it continues to be anathema to him. He could probably broadcast an incantation, but it would just be like meowing back at a cat, or playing dolphin-song tones on a Casio keyboard, it probably wouldn't make any actual sense to creatures/forces that actually comprehend the stuff.

Sufficiently Advanced Technology is Indistinguishable From Magic-- except to those who can actually do magic.

You went with a pretty solid option! I'm impressed, and Chris probably will be too!

It's been shown that properly united, Jaime and Khaji can overpower a Warrior-class Beetle in that fashion, which is a pretty impressive feat for a lowly Scout.

With regard to magic: Khaji can counter magic by specifically configuring an energy pattern disruption to cancel it out, but it's just like solving for "x" in an equation, just gotta make both sides of the equal sign balance out. He doesn't have any inherent understanding of magic, and it continues to be anathema to him. He could probably broadcast an incantation, but it would just be like meowing back at a cat, or playing dolphin-song tones on a Casio keyboard, it probably wouldn't make any actual sense to creatures/forces that actually comprehend the stuff.

Sufficiently Advanced Technology is Indistinguishable From Magic-- except to those who can actually do magic.

Well I wasn't thinking about anything elegant, just like, a mystical bomb or something, pure energy dispersion.

I watched both seasons of Young Justice. I have to say I REALLY like my Jaime better. They were really...rather...racist in that show. All that Hermano, essay, Vato bullshit. That is gutter spanish and he sounded more like a second generation illegal from east LA than a third generation Mexican American from Texas. I lived in Tx for 9 years and trust me, if his parents heard him talking that shit they would beat his ass into a hospital bed. Legal immigrants tend to be VERY all about assimilating and Jaime would be expected to speak perfect PERFECT english, with no accent, and his Spanish would be regional to where his Gramma came from and also PERFECT.

You haven't lived till you hear a forty year old third generation mexican american cussing out what he calls 'wetbacks' on the freeway, because they are driving too slow. "It aint no dayum Mule!"

Well I wasn't thinking about anything elegant, just like, a mystical bomb or something, pure energy dispersion.

I watched both seasons of Young Justice. I have to say I REALLY like my Jaime better. They were really...rather...racist in that show. All that Hermano, essay, Vato bullshit. That is gutter spanish and he sounded more like a second generation illegal from east LA than a third generation Mexican American from Texas. I lived in Tx for 9 years and trust me, if his parents heard him talking that shit they would beat his ass into a hospital bed. Legal immigrants tend to be VERY all about assimilating and Jaime would be expected to speak perfect PERFECT english, with no accent, and his Spanish would be regional to where his Gramma came from and also PERFECT.

You haven't lived till you hear a forty year old third generation mexican american cussing out what he calls 'wetbacks' on the freeway, because they are driving too slow. "It aint no dayum Mule!"

Well, that makes me sad, though I did already figure that the Gratuitous Spanish was, well, gratuitous.

I still enjoyed his character, though, even if the trappings of his characterization were culturally suspect.

...which is not to say that I don't adore your version of him, because I totally do! I've been very impressed by him.

OK now I haz question.

What kind of deployment will Venom look at? I take the Wayne manor is still situated some distance from the city? Or can I do that very nice movie-stint and have him show up on a skyscraper and on his way to secure an antennae array?

Nevyn, do you want me to wait on Light and Grundy's reactions to The Marvels until you get a chance to post again as Beetle, or do you want me to post that stuff to inform your response?

The Manor is a ways from the city but the cave has outlets in several areas. However you want to setup tour arrival is good. If you want to do your own fight scene thats cool there are plenty of mooks that Venom can mop up and if you want a boas type let me know and either I can give you someone or I can run aomeone for you. However you want to run it.

OK now I haz question.

What kind of deployment will Venom look at? I take the Wayne manor is still situated some distance from the city? Or can I do that very nice movie-stint and have him show up on a skyscraper and on his way to secure an antennae array?

Anyway you want it boss that's the way I write it :D

If you want easy qnd quick communications I can do that in one post. It will be a long post, but it will be easy work for Johnnyboy.

Though a boss-type would be nice.

Back