Son's Mother-in-law

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
MC (Dad) is widowed or divorced and not doing well in the romance or sex department.
Son is marrying a gorgeous gal. Dad hurts whenever he sees her.
Dad meet the mother-in-law to be. She is an older version of the daughter. He can't help but stare. Perhaps his tongue is hanging out.
They make eye contact. The MIL grins wickedly.
She says "We're two mature adults. I can see you want me. Well, I want you too. Just let's not tell the kids..."

MC (Dad) is widowed or divorced and not doing well in the romance or sex department.
Son is marrying a gorgeous gal. Dad hurts whenever he sees her.
Dad meet the mother-in-law to be. She is an older version of the daughter. He can't help but stare. Perhaps his tongue is hanging out.
They make eye contact. The MIL grins wickedly.
She says "We're two mature adults. I can see you want me. Well, I want you too. Just let's not tell the kids..."
I'm down with that. Is the MIL still a married woman?

It doesn't become undercover just by saying "let's not tell the kids". The plot has to be a smidgen more nuanced and refined than that outlined in the OP, wouldn't you say?

It doesn't become undercover just by saying "let's not tell the kids". The plot has to be a smidgen more nuanced and refined than that outlined in the OP, wouldn't you say?

I quite agree. I see this as a opportunity for a second chance at love, story. Let it build slowly. Perhaps the parents don't start out as friends due to some issues the young couple had starting out. Over time, things change.

Last edited:
If Dad and Mom-In-Law are both still married, it would have to be an undercover affair. And there would be much more at stake.

(Save it for Chapter 2 to reveal that son's Mom and bride's Dad are also having an affair.)

If Dad and Mom-In-Law are both still married, it would have to be an undercover affair. And there would be much more at stake.

(Save it for Chapter 2 to reveal that son's Mom and bride's Dad are also having an affair.)

Stuff that. Make it the bride with the FIL and the groom with the MIL and it's a deal...

Back