some musing thoughts today on the smorgasbord Lit Personals

MMM_wms

Really Really Experienced
When I first experienced this forum, I was under the mistaken impression, this would be a forum for strangers to meet and to get to know one another. But it is anything but, so I learned with time.

First and foremost, it seems to have turned into a forum for certain women to brag about themselves. Jada59 is a prominent example, but lots of others too. One of these women, Laura, is a little nicer than Jada, in that she talks in a friendly manner with male strangers who approach her, like she learned that in her prior job as a sex worker. But once a man tries to get closer to her, she turns into a fury also.

And then there are a few “better-knower” women who carry out one kind of crusade or the other. One’s habit is to post all sorts of advice to others, on “how to do things right”. But the worst of all female furies gathering here: somebody else called them crapping seagulls once. They descend on a thread that has a serious discussion going on. And they crap on it, by hijacking the thread -- at least for a time -- by posting stuff having nothing at all to do with the subject under discussion.

What is being discussed is -- most likely -- way above the minds of such thread pirates, so their postings are primitive mostly. Usually accusing some serious poster on the thread of some sort of “crimes against humanity”. And they bring along a band of their friends mostly, who chime in, and who pester the atmosphere. Until they tire of their venom spitting and move on to another thread to hijack.

OK, on with the diversity of the Personals smorgasbord. Every now and then, a man or a woman deserving everyone’s sympathy posts a personal ad of the kind I used to believe belongs here, but that hardly ever happens. And even rarer still, Lady JS stops by and thanks such ad posters and wishes them luck. Or I do it, or one of a handful of people who tick “normally” IMHO.

But most posts here leave much to be desired. At least for me.

Now very occasionally, a woman posts a tear-jerking ad, along the lines of “I am so lonely”. Usually laced with a pretty picture, like Jada’s cute cats, and some extra poetry to make her words sound believable. But almost all such ads are pretty much fakery. Almost as bad as from this one woman who calls herself Neptun’s orbit or somethig similar Fortunate that she shows up only once a year or so.

And then of course, there are my own personal ads. Superb in every way of course, but nobody pays attention to them. With the exception of illiterate women, who PM me back such gems like: Great ad! And now tell me more about yourself! As if I had not already told her a lot through my ad, and it was time for her to do some talking, all by herself, now. But since she is an illiterate woman, she does not know how to do that.

OK, maybe I am forgetting one or two different kinds of ads, like the ones Pawan posts here habitually. But all in all, a pretty sad picture, I figure. If I had not met a few -- very few -- sweet women here, who were enjoyable mail companions for me for a while, I would never ever come here again.

Last edited:
Back