Thoughts on personals

cdstefi

CDTV
I see so many (mostly from guys) leading straight off with sex: the possibility of getting it, how kinky they want it, just general thirst.

Why would anyone think it's any different or they'll get a different reaction here just because it's a site based around discussions and stories about sex, than if they led with "wanna fuck?" on a general dating site? I'd guess the vast majority of these intro posts get next to no interest (obviously if it's a woman leading with sex that's a different story but I'd bet the inbox full of come-ons and offers of dick gets old pretty quick for them too).

My 2c, I'm no lothario or oil painting. I've had several relationships, am on my second marriage, and have never ever gotten any (or tried) from leading with sex. Even with my current wife who I met on fetlife, we started off chatting about other things for a good long while (mainly photography and our lives) before moving the subject to what we liked doing in the bedroom.

True. This has got to be the thirstiest group of horny motherfuckers I have ever seen outside of Grindr. I shake my head when I see these dumbass posts even replying to obvious catfishing or decade old threads. I already have a pretty low opinion of men in general but Lit does nothing to alter that opinion. You can do better than this, men! Or not.

True. This has got to be the thirstiest group of horny motherfuckers I have ever seen outside of Grindr. I shake my head when I see these dumbass posts even replying to obvious catfishing or decade old threads. I already have a pretty low opinion of men in general but Lit does nothing to alter that opinion. You can do better than this, men! Or not.
I went on Grindr once. Could have done well as CDs seem in demand, if not for just about every intro starting with "mmm sexy babe mmm"

I sometimes think I'm a bit old fashioned, but I, as a straight male, have never and will never have sex with someone that I don't have a connection with. I need to be strongly attracted to them and feel at least the affection of friendship. The more time I spend here, the more it seems that there is little chance of meeting someone like that.... People in general seem to be looking for dirty chat, which I won't do straight away (I need to know you a bit) or a hook up. I do enjoy browsing the forums and reading the stories here, but haven't posted much because I don't feel I'd fit in with the subject.

But it's the way it is - most of the dating apps appear to be the same way.

I guess people will wonder why I'm here.. well, if I'm here then there is a chance that someone else here looks at the world the same way - they need a connection to feel close to someone, but once they do then things get really hot and spicy.

Back