The Old Lit

The good old days weren't always good

But I do seem to feel more intimaitded these days about reaching out to people. Maybe that's a me thing, or maybe people don't seem as welcoming, maybe both. Who knows.

But there are still good connections to be made, you just have to wade through a bunch of crap sometimes

It's really two very different styles of communicating. I much prefer the messages on here for depth and getting to know people, but if you're moving on to something more ... interactive ;), it might require the faster response of chat services
Hmmmmm….I have been onto one of those conversations where it was more interactive and did require faster chat services😈

It's really two very different styles of communicating. I much prefer the messages on here for depth and getting to know people, but if you're moving on to something more ... interactive ;), it might require the faster response of chat services
Most definitely. Once Ive established a solid rapport with someone from here, I do attempt to move to something like Google chat. That's usually my go to.

I wasn’t hear for the old lit. But it seemed easier back in the day to meet someone and make an actual connection. It is still possible but isn’t always easy.
Walking in grabbing Rick by his ear. What are you doing on the world wide web? I told you to stay away from these hussies but you don't listen do you? Walking him out of the room so the hussies can't get a hold of him....🤣😂😈

Does anyone else miss the old Lit? The one where it felt like people were interested in taking the time to get to know you and form a connection? Connecting with a person who enjoyed the slow burn and build and excitement of the new relationship energy? Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic or am too cynical these days but it feels impossible. No I don't want to send you a nude after knowing you for less than five minutes, no I don't want you to call me instantly, and no I will not surrender or submit to you without building trust.
The same one where the GB was full of trolls and other fun things? Yeah. Kinda.

I got my ass handed to me on the old Lit, multiple times. I started out on the GB, thinking it was the safer forum. 🙄

I think that as we look back on our memories that several things affect how we remember them. I was introduced to Lit a long time ago. The woman I was dating lived a 3 and half hour drive away. She loved for me to read to her at night and so she introduced me to the stories section and I read tons of stories for her from there. Later on I started writing on the forums and there were periods of time where I hated the boards because of trolls, abusive people, and at times I was super busy at work. Usually the people I interacted with on the boards were good and so those "times" at Lit are very memorable. I am grateful to have people to talk to on the boards here and cherish certain aspects of this board. But I will always hate trolls, people who are abusive, etc.

I hope everyone is having a good day. (edited to fix a typo)

I have been on this site for 25 ish years under one name or another. If people kept it to here and were not so quick to move to new apps I think it would be a better place. Everyone wants to go to Skype or google chat without any idea of who you actually are. You can say I do miss the old Lit but if you are nice and sincere the conversations are still hear.
thats the truth. I only take people else where because most of the time, people dont always return to the forums, or perhaps theres a bunch of messages or what not. skype and other apps, tend to allow the pleasure of focusing on each other.

The problems of making connections with people isn't a lit exclusive problem.

I used to frequent another adult forum before it closed down several years back. When I moved to lit, I was disappointed in how the general feel was different. The few times I've traded messages with people back and forth, a lot of them expect me to do the heavy lifting of holding the conversation. And often with very little input into what kind of conversation they wanted or with simple one to two word responses. Attempting to put in the effort with very little return gets very old very quick.

But again, this isn't a lit specific issue. I've seen this sort of behavior across various social media sites and messaging apps throughout the years. People expect to be entertained with minimal effort. And with the huge number of users of these sites and apps, it's very easy for people to just drop one person and move onto the next if they're not sufficiently entertained.

Does anyone else miss the old Lit? The one where it felt like people were interested in taking the time to get to know you and form a connection? Connecting with a person who enjoyed the slow burn and build and excitement of the new relationship energy? Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic or am too cynical these days but it feels impossible. No I don't want to send you a nude after knowing you for less than five minutes, no I don't want you to call me instantly, and no I will not surrender or submit to you without building trust.
I wasn't active here then, but that's what I thought it would be. Not that this isn't okay, I was just hoping to make at least one friend.

I wasn't active here then, but that's what I thought it would be. Not that this isn't okay, I was just hoping to make at least one friend.
I agree..liked the old Lit...seemed more inclusive...new Lit..not as good..:)

IMHO, I feel that as the internet has expanded and generations have grown up with it, people tend to think of any site/app as disposable. People tend to not stick with one profile or one persona and let that develop. I dabble in a few kink lifestyles and when wives/couples complain about not being able to find good partners, my answer always returns to "put in the work and effort. If it's something you want, you've got to invest in it." Same goes for Lit. Comment and vote on the stories you enjoy, be a part of the forums - yes, putting yourself out there inevitably leads to your meeting many knuckleheads... but I've always felt that all the dicks and idiots are worth the keepers you will find, as frustrating as that may be.

You put it perfectly. I've been on and off here, and had a few different usernames, over the past 18 years. It's not the same.

As many have said, maybe we are just nostalgic. Maybe we are remembering it differently. Who knows. I do miss how I do remember it.

I think there was a real kinship on the older lit. More of a sense of community. I had an older profile that I lost my credentials to in the early 2010s. Then lurked for a while before rejoining.

A lot of what happens here feels just like social media horseshit. There’s also a lot more drama now.

That’s not to say that none of it is good. There are tons of people who add a lot.

it’s just not as good as it used to be IMO.

I think there was a real kinship on the older lit. More of a sense of community. I had an older profile that I lost my credentials to in the early 2010s. Then lurked for a while before rejoining.

A lot of what happens here feels just like social media horseshit. There’s also a lot more drama now.

That’s not to say that none of it is good. There are tons of people who add a lot.

I haven't had much success meeting people on here. But not a lot of Tasmanian people on here and even less couples that want a third.

Same thing happened to me. Although there seem to be just a handful of people still around from back then.

I see the changes, but they're always due to volume and generations. When it was 'less known' you have less people, so there's more of a familiarity that can grow. But, then also, some people move on, or something takes them away for a bit.

And more people are joining, that haven't been part of the 'original culture'. You have the imposition of 'rules' on behavior, and some stay, some go, but in any case, things slowly change.

More people come, and usually it's a younger, different crowd that suddenly find this 'new treasure'. It gets noisy and crowded and people can't keep up with everything so you just stop contributing while louder voices take over a bit.. but also, it's just a new group doing things their way, and the culture shifts a bit, and if you've identified with the older culture, then the new one isn't as good or fun.

I've have little success in meeting more than one or two people here, and haven't experienced anyone that has kept up relationships - even virtually - for very long. But, I do see the ebbs and flows and changes back and forth in behavior and etc over time. Wish I was better at engaging, but.. it is what it is...

Not only was lit a nicer place, being snarky and rude has become the norm here for many posters. Complaining about it makes you an outcast. There are cliques same as in high school, where the "popular people" get to hang out.

Look at any "who does this or that" thread. it's the same 8-10 people posting about how great each other is. Very few greetings or acknowledgement when someone outside their group tries to participate.

The number of threads I feel comfortable posting in continually drops in number...

The number of women that have ghosted me keeps rising as well...just not the same place anymore...
Lit was a nicer place? Whaaaaat?
If you stayed on the playground sure. The gb was brutal.

Anyways old lit was the same. You still had the same issues and dynamics going on.

Someone resurrected a thread from 2011 or something and I retract everything I said about the old lit. 😂

There was pretty much just the same amount of horseshit and bullshit back then. Must’ve been having pangs of nostalgia when I wrote what I wrote. 😀

(written somewhat tongue in cheek)

Back